Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Aqua is out for blood. Well not really but he is damn focused now that he realizes Akane's potential. 

The media can be very powerful in today's age. Still, as someone as calculating as Aqua, I think he can create a path for himself. Quite an interesting ending too. 
Jun 7, 2023 7:30 AM

May 2020
Well ignoring just how perfectly Akane impersonated Ai, I swear watching the dude getting all red and bashful after seeing the shadow of her “mother” into Akane was unbearable as to say the least. I mean give me fucking break bro, I can understand if it’s Ai herself who came before you and then you got a bit flustered but hey it’s just some random girl whom you’ve met not too long ago, who’s just ACTING for her own sake.. and you got all bashful lmaooo. Some 40 year old man this is.

Being near Akane makes him beet-red, so dude decided why not spend some time with another girl and develop some resistance to his infatuation with Ai. I mean that catching ball segment between him and Kana was actually kind of sweet, though to be honest anything with Kana in it is good anyways. But you know the moment we jumped back to the dating show set, and saw Akane actually revealing some HUGE things, which she learned while studying Ai’s character was bone-chilling. Holy christ, she got everything on point.

Then came the CRINGIEST moment of this series. Felt it strongly while reading it too back then and then felt the same while watching it now… when Aqua kissed Akane, just because he thought she an indispensable tool, and he needs her going forward. FUCKKKKKKK…. get your hands off the best girl, though I guess we a bit too late. She's already tool-zoned.

Wannabe edgelord now even has Akane on his side, and heck he even invited Memcho to come and join B-Komachi. Why these girls… man. 
Jun 7, 2023 7:32 AM

Jan 2021
Can you believe it guys? Oshi no Ko wednesday! Woohoo! I am so happy about this information.

The animation of this episode was like 11 out of 10, they're freaking cooking for real.
I don't know what to say now. I just have too many great things to say about this show.

The usual manipulative Aqua, using Akane to his advantage. Akane's deduction skills are impressive, and she has uncovered secrets that others don't know, like Ai having a child and the change in her personality. This Kana scene at 5:56 reveals a lot about Kana's mental state and how she perceives herself and the world. The colors, tone, and mood are all very subdued, emphasizing the dullness and lifelessness she feels. As the scene progresses, Kana hears Aqua's voice, and suddenly the world becomes vibrant, highlighting her happiness. This scene is subtle but impactful, showing the manipulation Aqua employs and the contrast between Kana's perception and the truth. It is a sad and emotional moment, especially when Aqua reveals his true intentions. Similarly, MEM-cho's scene at the end is beautifully executed, as her dream of becoming an idol is rekindled. MEM-cho's time to shine, she really wants to become an idol since the beginning, you'll know more about her later. I'm excited to see future chapters gets adaptated. The animators and writers have done an excellent job in portraying these emotions without relying heavily on dialogue. Aqua's treatment of others as tools and his manipulation are evident, further deepening the complexity of the characters. Despite the murder revenge plotline being the core, the personal stories of the characters make them feel more real.

Thanks for the meal

@kaaaaaappe
YuyuichiJun 9, 2023 3:58 PM
Jun 7, 2023 7:35 AM
Aug 2022
Akane-san !!!
Arima Kana her reaction after seeing Aqua-kun. I feel sorry for her.
I think we are getting close to Know the whole truth of Ai-San's Relationships in the industry.
Mem-Cho!!!! 

Ooh Come On Another Cliffhanger. I'm really excited for next episode.🔥🔥🔥

Jun 7, 2023 7:44 AM
Dec 2021
this is officially cringe fest now

AnimeIs4KidzJun 7, 2023 11:23 AM
Jun 7, 2023 7:59 AM

Nov 2020
Akane really can impersonal Ai now, Looks like Aquamarine shocked by that.

The ending, Maybe something great happen next episode.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 7, 2023 8:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
WOW. I didn't see that coming so soon. A shame that a character as lovely yet fragile as Akane is going to be used by Aqua now. At least that's the way it seems right now. I don't see him falling in love for real.

Interesting that he keeps on adding people to the idol group.
FarabeufJun 7, 2023 8:35 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 7, 2023 8:27 AM
Jun 2020
SUCH A GOOD SHOW! These past two episodes were probably my favorite two!
Jun 7, 2023 8:27 AM

Feb 2021
So he's gonna start using Akane for his goal. 

I really wonder what that producer knows.

Also, MEM being an idol wasn't something I was expecting...
Jun 7, 2023 8:28 AM

Aug 2017
The interactions of Aqua with Kana were my favourite thing this episode, quite funny to see Kana reactions.

Aqua using Akane, kinda hurts but it makes things more interesting to see him trying everything to achieve his goal.

Memcho being invited to join B komachi, good choice because the more of her the better.
Jun 7, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2019
It was just for a brief moment, but Akane really has a scary talent, imagine just absorbing the personality of anyone, by doing some "simple stuff" (according to her).

Jun 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
Oshi no Ko Wednesdays are back, that week off was like a crack withdrawal man

Rough week for Kana stans after the bait and switch, hate seeing my baby sad like that but patience 🙏🏾 at least her scenes with Aqua were great.

Akane been great the past couple of episodes, love the job her seiyuu’s done as well and the direction during her scenes. Really did a good job of driving home just how scary and powerful her copying abilities are. To be able to literally become a person like that is insane. She’s a once in a lifetime type talent

Memcho time to shine, welcome to B-Komachi
Marinate1016Jun 7, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 7, 2023 8:31 AM
Aug 2020
Dang I feel so sad for Kana. Just when she was getting her hopes up 🥲
Jun 7, 2023 8:35 AM

Feb 2021
LMAO Kana is so jealous
Damn that throwing animation is good
That scene about Aqua'a physical age affecting his mind is really cool.
HOLY- HE ACTUALLY KISSED HER WHAT
POOR KANA MAN
At least Aqua was honest to Akane afterwards, I was afraid he was going to lie and manipulate her or something.
Mem-cho joining B Komachi LET'S GOOO! I always felt that she was really interesting and wanted her to get more screen time!
They always nail the ending with inserting the beginning of the ED
This was the most I've smiled when watching an Oshi no Ko episode
EmbientJun 7, 2023 8:52 AM
Jun 7, 2023 8:37 AM
Dec 2020
Kana sad girls aquaaa x akane
Jun 7, 2023 8:37 AM

Mar 2019
its just sooo good
Jun 7, 2023 8:36 AM

Mar 2015
Between Aqua using Akane and making Kana sad, Mem is truly the only girl who won this episode. Justice for all the girls in this series because they are all likeable and deserve it...

For as much of a jerk as it makes him, really love Aqua as a character and how his revenge plot will trump anything else in his thought process. I find him to be a very interesting character that is one of the best parts of this show. Everytime the revenge plot comes up his eye turns black showcasing how his mind gets twisted when anything to do with it is involved when otherwise he's a good enough person when his eye is white. Really love the symbolism.
Jun 7, 2023 8:42 AM

Oct 2017
They went for the kiss, F for Kana though. Idol Mem gonna be nice.
Jun 7, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2018
After 2 weeks Oshi no Ko is finally back! I missed it a lot.

DAMN. Aqua kissed Akane! Wasn't expecting that.

But I feel bad for Akane that Aqua isn't actually romantically interested in her. He just wants to use her. And I can't really blame him. He needs to do this if he wants to learn more about Ai.

I feel even worse about Kana. As of now, she has no idea why Aqua would do that. After her last interaction with Aqua, she might feel betrayed.

Both Kana and Akane are basically being deceived by Aqua. And I wonder what'd happen if both of them find out why he's doing this. Will they forgive him? Will they get upset about him keeping secrets?

I already knew MEM was going to join B Komachi eventually. Not because I read the manga (I didn't) but because the OP gave it away. So it was pretty obvious. Wonder how the new B Komachi would work.

We also need more Ruby screentime. Aqua took most of the spotlight thus far.
Jun 7, 2023 8:46 AM
Sep 2021
The reality show is now over and we got some couples from it especially akane and aqua, waiting to see how it goes and it looks like we have a new member for B-komachi that is MEM.
Let's see what happens next.
Jun 7, 2023 8:49 AM
Apr 2023
This episode was so cringe, ngl
Jun 7, 2023 8:50 AM

Dec 2022
i guess its true that love truly changes people especially for akane literally that was a full 180 degree i would have liked it if she stayed in charecter for the whole episode also iam on arimas side
ZaxphredJun 7, 2023 9:08 AM
Jun 7, 2023 8:50 AM

Mar 2021
Kana was so adorable in this episode I love her reactions when she is around Aqua
Jun 7, 2023 8:53 AM

Jul 2012
One interesting development ends and a new one begins. Mem's eyes looked so pretty at the end there. It's like Kana's with the galaxy of stars inside.
Jun 7, 2023 8:54 AM

Jan 2021
Wow
This is indeed a truly "I´ll make him an offer that he won't refuse" moment

Jun 7, 2023 8:57 AM
Oct 2017
Amazing, I can't wait for more
Jun 7, 2023 8:57 AM
Nov 2021
Omg the art was amazing this episode, perfect adaptation of the manga till now, next episode I hope has this art quality.
Jun 7, 2023 8:59 AM
Jun 2019
I like the path this show is headed towards.
Jul 2020
Softhenic03 said:
Well ignoring just how perfectly Akane impersonated Ai, I swear watching the dude getting all red and bashful after seeing the shadow of her “mother” into Akane was unbearable as to say the least. I mean give me fucking break bro, I can understand if it’s Ai herself who came before you and then you got a bit flustered but hey it’s just some random girl whom you’ve met not too long ago, who’s just ACTING for her own sake.. and you got all bashful lmaooo. Some 40 year old man this is.

Being near Akane makes him beet-red, so dude decided why not spend some time with another girl and develop some resistance to his infatuation with Ai. I mean that catching ball segment between him and Kana was actually kind of sweet, though to be honest anything with Kana in it is good anyways. But you know the moment we jumped back to the dating show set, and saw Akane actually revealing some HUGE things, which she learned while studying Ai’s character was bone-chilling. Holy christ, she got everything on point.

Then came the CRINGIEST moment of this series. Felt it strongly while reading it too back then and then felt the same while watching it now… when Aqua kissed Akane, just because he thought she an indispensable tool, and he needs her going forward. FUCKKKKKKK…. get your hands off the best girl, though I guess we a bit too late. She's already tool-zoned.

Wannabe edgelord now even has Akane on his side, and heck he even invited Memcho to come and join B-Komachi. Why these girls… man. 

yeah sure bro just ignore the whole convo aqua and kana had while they played catch ball

are you the dumb type of anime fan who thinks every time someone blushes he/she is falling in love? just put that logic up your ass bruh no ones actually that dumb to believe that. you just want to believe that to bash on the show
Jun 7, 2023 9:00 AM

Jan 2020
I was waiting for it! I WAS WAITING FOR THAT ONE PANEL TO GET ANIMATED! AND IT FINALLY DID!

MEM-CHO DESERVERS EVERYTHING.
Dec 2020
art's crazy as always
Oct 2017
Enel- said:
Between Aqua using Akane and making Kana sad, Mem is truly the only girl who won this episode. Justice for all the girls in this series because they are all likeable and deserve it...

For as much of a jerk as it makes him, really love Aqua as a character and how his revenge plot will trump anything else in his thought process. I find him to be a very interesting character that is one of the best parts of this show. Everytime the revenge plot comes up his eye turns black showcasing how his mind gets twisted when anything to do with it is involved when otherwise he's a good enough person when his eye is white. Really love the symbolism.
Love your interpretation of what's going on. I think you have it spot on!
Jun 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Jul 2016
Kana's reaction to that final episode was adorable if not a little sad lol.

Definitely wasn't expecting Mem to end up taking the biggest W in the end.
Jun 7, 2023 9:05 AM

May 2019
I thought this was another great episode. Kana being jealous when she said she's seen enough of the show meanwhile Ruby saying "mom"... I think Kana will be fine though since I'm sure she'll find out that Aqua doesn't actually like Akane as a girlfriend (at least for now, who knows if there is a love interest down the road). I was a bit surprised by the kiss though but it seemed to turn out ok (again except for Kana haha).

Definitely curious what the producer guy will tell Aqua about Ai and also if we will hear anything from Akane regarding the type of guys Ai may have liked. Kind of missed not seeing Ruby much but with Mem joining the group (another surprise) I'm hoping we'll get to see more of her soon.
Jun 7, 2023 9:05 AM

Apr 2021
I wonder what it is about this show!!! It's just too good!!! So Mem joins Aqua's agency, eh? That's interesting. 
Jun 7, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder how many people praising Aqua last episode are shitting on him this episode?
Jun 7, 2023 9:08 AM
Apr 2023
After the slight delay, we finally get to Ep8.
Everything was so happy as the LoveNow draws to a close.
Not much really happened aside from the new couples made at the conclusion of LoveNow, also Aqua gets 'paid' soon, with some juicy info that is.

As a manga reader, I was also excited how they will animate the particular chapters it covered for this episode. While I already knew what was going to happen, the added value of watching the episode is good due to the very competent animation done by Doga Kobo. I got some visual treat from Kana, Akane and Mem-cho in just one episode. Actually I would've scored this episode lower if it weren't for that beautiful stunned Mem-cho at the end.

Okay, we're down to the last 3 episodes. I guess they will finally cover the birth of the new B-komachi and end the season with their first live performance. Looking forward to it!

Jun 7, 2023 9:12 AM
Oct 2017
I like the story, it's getting interesting and deep.
Jun 7, 2023 9:14 AM

May 2018
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss <3 yessssssss Aqu-Aka Aqu-Aka Aqu-Aka ftw borko rbok :) :) aaahhh yes mu life is ocmpelte!!!
Jun 7, 2023 9:19 AM
Aug 2022
This just keep getting better and better like who expected aqua to kiss akane.

Poor kanna X(
Jun 7, 2023 9:21 AM

Jul 2014
Oh god now he’s gonna use her now. At least he’s honest and told her he doesn’t have any feelings toward her and thats ok
Jun 7, 2023 9:23 AM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
COMEBACK! FINALLY SERIES IS SHOWING THE POTENTIAL IT LACKED!
Jun 7, 2023 9:21 AM

Nov 2014
The whole sequence from when Akane told him about profiling until the kiss was simply perfect. Aqua's face, his monologue... I can't think of a single thing that could be better there.

While Akane in Ai-mode is great, it's still just acting. Outside of it she is rather bland. Back to team Kana for me. Speaking of which, her baseball scene was really nice too. I just hope she didn't get hurt too much with that kiss and it doesn't start some drama.

Sep 2008
I really needed to hold my "i wanna add this to my top 10 in this moment"  but man, it's being a banger, I still can't forget the impression on those last 30 seconds on the previous episode, not even after 2 weeks, and I haven't moved my top 10 since 2011 besides one time in 2017, so it's not like its easy for me to change it (I'm old, so I respect my classics, even if kaguya sama is better than toradora, still prefer toradora up there)
maaan akane is gonna give me a heart attack
and looking at how aqua thinks it really makes me think I'm a shitty human, I ought the same about using her

that director is excellent at his job, and I mean the IRL director of the show, that timing of the music with that shot at mem-cho at the end sent chills down my spine

Definitely a solid 8/10 episode, but the previous one was an 11/10 so kinda high hurdle for me, really looking forward to the rest
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 2022
Aqua is a dick haha
Jun 7, 2023 9:24 AM

Sep 2016
Akane greatness in full display
Jun 7, 2023 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
I really like this series a lot, but I feel like this series is in a constant state of lighting fireworks for the viewers and as they wait with anticipation for it to go off, only for it to then just be a sparkler and not a real firework. They ramp things up so drastically, but then concludes it with something not quite as satisfying as everything you thought could happen.

Maybe it's just me. Besides that I still adore this series, I love it. But I can't really ignore that. Maybe it's because the first episode really set the bar high.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jun 7, 2023 9:26 AM
Jun 2019
Akane-chan kawaaiiiiiiiiiii!
For a moment there I was scared he would erase her.
Jun 7, 2023 9:28 AM
Aug 2020
good episode, Aqua is ready to do everything for his main goal.

looks really interesting for the next episodes.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 7, 2023 9:30 AM
Mar 2015
At least Akane knows where she stands
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2680 by Chisuku »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.