Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you like Takemichi??
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 22, 2023 6:48 AM
Jul 2022
he isn't the best protagonist of all time but don't treat him like a shit 😭 he's very well written character ♡
Jan 22, 2023 6:49 AM

Apr 2022
SteveMark5744 said:
ryzxgum said:

i mean if you can name them then be my guest, as far as i've seen it's just takemitchi.
actually ittoki from shinobi no itokki as well.

Well the first that comes to mind is the MC from rent a girlfriend

There are others but like to me he’s by far one of the worst MCs

everyone talking about rent a gf, maybe i should watch it just to see how bad it is.
Jan 22, 2023 6:55 AM
Feb 2022
Uiai said:
Deku, Hanagaki and Subaru the big three to cry and do nothing.

Bro, Subaru?
do you understand he has fucking PTSD and Trauma shit from all those deaths, I bet if you were Subaru I think you'll just give up at the 2nd death lmfao....
maybe its you who will do nothing💀

Nothing?
*flashbacks: he literally earned the trust of the Royal army, defeated the Main villain of S1 with that army, Earned new strong allies and destroyed the villains with their help at S2 Part 2, became a Knight at the end of S2
Managed to be sane even after 20+.fucking deaths, even with all the horror he went through, I bet I will give up immediately after the 1st death if I were him...
Lusenju0990Jan 22, 2023 7:08 AM
Jan 22, 2023 7:14 AM
Feb 2021
ryzxgum said:
SteveMark5744 said:

Well the first that comes to mind is the MC from rent a girlfriend

There are others but like to me he’s by far one of the worst MCs

everyone talking about rent a gf, maybe i should watch it just to see how bad it is.

Oh you’ll absolutely hate it

Especially the manga😂😂😂
Jan 22, 2023 7:58 AM

May 2020
CyberAkira said:
KOLOPS said:
What's wrong with being a crybaby.... atleast he won't give up like some protagonists. People hating him just becoz he's a crybaby... he isn't generic like others
It's better to let out his emotions rather than become depressed and he is physically weak

no anime protagonist has ever given up if i remember correctly

Okabe from Steins;Gate 0
Jan 22, 2023 8:15 AM
Feb 2021
definitely wouldn't say I like him, but FAR from disliking him; he is just not your usual super strong, all-knowing, flawless and tough main character people droll over 

just because his attempts to change the future didn't prove to be successful, doesn't mean he didn't try, as a matter of fact he keeps pushing himself to do the best he can (and to be fair he is not the wisest guy there) and he doesn't give up - which is exactly what every other "liked" character does
Jan 22, 2023 8:59 AM
Nov 2021
Yes. Idc if people think he’s a crybaby, he’s a 15 year old kid who sometimes have to fight for his life and feels like he needs help everyone but himself
Jan 22, 2023 10:13 AM
Aug 2021
neel_senpai said:
I like Tokyo revengers anime but Takemichi is kinda meh 😑 type of protagonist if you ask me ... 
Let me know guys if he gets any character development expect crying at the end of the manga...

he has.............15
Jan 22, 2023 10:16 AM
Aug 2021
Ryan56coal said:
everything about this anime..degraded from season1. takemichi cries so much...a year old baby cries less than that

i saw you when you were born
you were crying like hell
Jan 22, 2023 10:30 AM
Oct 2022
my answer is no, i do not like him so much but not bc he is a cry boi, his reaction is normal but his vibes and attitude <<<<
Jan 22, 2023 10:37 AM

Sep 2020
I don't really mind him
Jan 22, 2023 11:59 AM
Feb 2021
He's definitely my least favorite mc of any series that I'm actively enjoying. I just don't understand how he can always be so confused and not put in the effort to learn new information.
Jan 22, 2023 12:00 PM

Sep 2020
I like Takemitchy, Takemichi is dead to me.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 22, 2023 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Abzy1239 said:
Ryan56coal said:
everything about this anime..degraded from season1. takemichi cries so much...a year old baby cries less than that

i saw you when you were born
you were crying like hell

bro💀....takemitchi is trash...anime is mid....try again
Jan 22, 2023 1:18 PM
Apr 2021
MY ANSWER WAS YES. YES, I DO LIKE TAKEMICHI EVEN THOUGH HE'S USELESS (I'm stating the fact) I MAY SAY HE'S USELESS BUT I STILL LIKE HIM. YES, HE IS USELESS BUT I LIKE HIM. YOU KNOW THAT FEELING WHERE YOU FIND SOMEONE USELESS BUT U REALLY DON'T HATE THEM INSTEAD YOU ACTUALLY ADORE THEM? THAT'S MY FEELING FOR TAKEMICHI. IF YOU GET IT, YOU GET IT. IF YOU DON'T, U JUST DON'T.
Jan 22, 2023 1:21 PM
Apr 2021
_meanie_ said:
definitely wouldn't say I like him, but FAR from disliking him; he is just not your usual super strong, all-knowing, flawless and tough main character people droll over 

just because his attempts to change the future didn't prove to be successful, doesn't mean he didn't try, as a matter of fact he keeps pushing himself to do the best he can (and to be fair he is not the wisest guy there) and he doesn't give up - which is exactly what every other "liked" character does

YES, THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! OH GOSH. I COMMENTED SOMETHING ABOUT TAKEMICHI BEING USELESS BUT I LIKE HIM. AND NOW I'M READING THIS COMMENT THIS IS LIKE THE THING I'M FEELING HEHE
Jan 22, 2023 1:22 PM

May 2018
To be honest, not really as how he became a squad leader when he isnt badass and cant fight , when other squad members can throw punches when hes just getting his ass kicked

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jan 22, 2023 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
I like him. Looking forward to his fight game glow-up (well that's what I'm hoping will happen...)
Jan 22, 2023 3:41 PM

Apr 2020
This is like one thse MaL questions that will be started every, single new Season, forever and ever.

Ye...he's a crybaby....we got it.

Get over it. Watch it or leave it.
It's not that important.
Jan 22, 2023 5:22 PM
Feb 2018
I think he has good intentions, he just makes the absolute worst decisions known to mankind. though i think that crying is the most reasonable reaction to everything that happens to him and the people around him
Jan 22, 2023 7:50 PM
Jan 2023
He ight. He need to lift some weights tho lmao
Jan 22, 2023 11:49 PM
Jun 2021
Uiai said:

bruhh Subaru is far better than those to he tries to acquire power, he takes initiative too, he makes plan considering the future. he is a great protagonist it's just that the world he is in is too OP and powerful for him to handle on his own meanwhile hanagaki doesn't do shit even thou the bar for him is too low as compared to Subaru
Jan 23, 2023 1:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Takemichi is an absolute BEAST bro..... at getting beaten the f*ck up

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 23, 2023 1:41 AM
Dec 2022
I like more serious protagonist like Eren Yeager, Yagami Light and Moriyarti.

So yeah Takemichi is never close to that category.
Jan 23, 2023 5:30 AM

Sep 2020
If only the author makes him strong enough to defend himself.... everything about him is fine.His motivation and reasons etc .He could atleast learn self defence.He doesn't have to be strong
Jan 23, 2023 5:57 AM
Jan 2023
Takemichi it's a hell of a shit just the anime that sucks the protagonist is a fucked up 26 years old and works in a manga shop see if you can even high school DxD Issei is better than takemichi even Natsu from fairy tail is better than takemichi these protagonists are much better than takemichi this Poop's motivation is pretty silly saving a girl twelve years in the past so she doesn't die in the future is a pretty shitty motivation right this kid's motivation is pretty weak
Jan 23, 2023 7:47 AM
Jan 2023
Yes, even he is negative cloud (cry baby, Coward...)
But he have a strength will change every thing in the end
You should know that anime hero always silly but hides several beautiful secrets
Jan 23, 2023 8:01 AM
Feb 2022
I like a loser protagonist I can relate to
Who later on develops in the story
Jan 23, 2023 8:09 AM

Nov 2020
Uiai said:

How Deku did nothing? Yes he usually cried, especially at the beginning but when was the time when he did nothing? He actually did more than pro heroes a lot of times💀Also when he cried, he had his reasons... I mean, I would cry too if I would be under that heavy responsibility he got by getting OFA.
Jan 23, 2023 8:57 AM
Aug 2022
icl hes kinda annoying cuz of how much he cries
Jan 24, 2023 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Absolutely not...He is the epitome of weakness and despair. Bro is toxic to anyone he gets near.
Jan 24, 2023 2:32 PM

Apr 2019
he's one of the worst main characters. It's not even that he can't fight . He's just stupid and annoying crybaby. He has no skills and always pushes himself into the middle of fights. He knows the future more or less, but he doesn't draw conclusions and he still fails. Plus that stupid haircut. Everything about this dude annoys me. And this chick of his could die because she also creates the same problems.
Jan 24, 2023 3:13 PM
May 2020
cries a lil too much for an adult but apart from that he's a pretty goated individual
Jan 24, 2023 3:42 PM
Apr 2022
SenjuToman said:
Foolish anime only, you have not seen the greatness of our Crybaby Hero, the Goat aka Hanagaki Takemichi. Tbh, he is the most human here and been through a lot.

absolutely true.
Jan 24, 2023 4:56 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Honestly no, haha. I get why he was winey at first, but the man never stops!! I like those rare moments where he stands up for himself or picks a fight, but it is indeed rare. 
Jan 25, 2023 9:15 AM
Jul 2022
why do so many people dislike him? He's human and trying his best. There is nothing wrong with crying.
Jan 25, 2023 2:07 PM

Mar 2021
People hate this show because of the toxic masculinity and it degrading female characters to being killed off or sex objects. Literally no other reason. Just the w0ke parasites probably from /u/
Jan 26, 2023 3:27 PM

Jul 2020
Naruto was a crybaby. He turned out just fine.
Feb 6, 2023 11:05 AM
Feb 2015
Quite possibly the worst MC in anime
Mar 12, 2023 12:00 PM

Oct 2011
In this show you have: gangs, lawlessness, violence and overpowered teenagers

And the Main Character: hasn't learned how to fight, act like the 26 year old he is, take advantage of his future knowledge, gets flustered over underaged girls

PSA for everyone saying "he's gone through a lot"...going through stuff doesn't make a great character lol. 

characterization =/= "going thru a lot"
StigmataSashaMar 12, 2023 12:08 PM
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/StigmataSasha&sclick=1][IMG]https://myanimelist.cdn-
Mar 13, 2023 1:11 PM
Jun 2020
To me, Takemitchy seems like a type of a character that would make for a very good supporting guy, you know, they guy who says some encouraging stuff to the MC when chips are down, MC gets job done and they both together save the day.
Kinda funny concept, making MC out of a supporting role. Or at least giving some secondary player traits to MC. Well, that's my take, at least.

His hopelessness and relying on timing and wits of other people make me think the series tries to make everyone around him think of him as a hero just too naively.
But maybe he would be more welcome in my eyes if his internal dialogues did not consist of calling out people's names half the time, like "Mikey...!", "Mitsuya...", "Hina", "Hakkai!...", "Mikey...".
Mar 13, 2023 4:06 PM
Dec 2014
I hate him like you wouldn't believe. Obviously the author's self-insert he forces every character to suck off. This show could have been decent if not for Takemichi and the author's obvious fetish.
Mar 14, 2023 2:37 PM

Feb 2021
I am in the minority here. I like him. He cries a lot, but has a brave soul and always does what is right, keeps his friends away from different troubles. I respect him.
MemoreMar 18, 2023 8:01 AM
Mar 14, 2023 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not going to lie Takemitchy is ass. He's pretty useless and barely prepares for any of his time shenanigans, leaving him always out of the loop and reaching goals by pure luck. I think my least favourite part about him is that the author couldn't be bothered to give him any real strengths so they just made it so he can never be downed 'through sheer willpower' when in reality a brick to the face would down just about anyone, not least a scrawny highschooler (or middleschooler but I can't remember). Honestly it's been a while since I read the manga since I quit reading after he resolved to 'save Mikey' or whatever but insofar it feels like most of his resolutions come out through sheer coincidence and that's not good writing.
Mar 15, 2023 8:32 PM
Oct 2019
Takemichi is one of the best characters around. He's inspiring because he's not good at what he needs to do, but he doesn't give up. We give up all the time in many facets of our lives. Takemichi gets a second chance and he doesn't let go of it. He's an idiot, he's not good at fighting, and he cries all the time. But, he doesn't give up. Give me a character who isn't good at what he needs to do and still inspires us. Takemichi is awesome.
Mar 16, 2023 11:10 AM
Mar 2023
I don't know why people hate him?? Oh.. He cries all the time that's the reason maybe. First of all, He knew the circumstances what happened in the past. He is not a professional fighter like Mikey or Draken. He is there for saving all of them. Hinata, Mikey, Draken, Baji and many more. Because he knew everything. Now put yourself in his position and think what would you do?
Mar 18, 2023 3:25 AM
Dec 2014
SanoHimu said:
I don't know why people hate him?? Oh.. He cries all the time that's the reason maybe. First of all, He knew the circumstances what happened in the past. He is not a professional fighter like Mikey or Draken. He is there for saving all of them. Hinata, Mikey, Draken, Baji and many more. Because he knew everything. Now put yourself in his position and think what would you do?
Actually do something to save them. Stop playing gang wars with a bunch of teens to lift his self-esteem. Tell them the whole truth and why they're in danger instead of putting them in more danger. And if he wants to force brute his way up to be the king of delinquents or something (lmao), to actually train to become stronger instead of using the others as shields, Mikey as his I-win card or waiting for a miracle to happen. Stop relying on teenagers for emotional support. Get them the help they need. Speak with their parents or caretakers (Hina's dad is a cop, for fucks sake). Etc, etc. 

He's a 26 year old man with the power to time travel, but he actually does nothing to fix the situation or to improve himself. He manages to get outsmarted by a 14 year old, whatever gets "solved" is by sheer luck or thanks to Mikey and Draken while Takemichi steals the credit, yet we're supposed to believe that he's an amazing hero because.... he cries and gets punched. What's annoying, though, is not him being a cowardly piece of c*ap, but how the author tries to portray him as admirable while sh*tting on the other characters and their struggles.
Mar 18, 2023 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
So for me personally at first I really disliked and even hated him at times throughout the first season. He was useless, dumb, weak, and a crybaby (which reminded me a lot of myself and it's something that I truly hate about myself and that I am usually unable to control my emotions and hold my tears especially when I am angry).

However, His character development is one of the best I have seen out there and it's really realistic. He finally learned to act and stand up for what he believes instead of watching and crying about it yet without him turning somehow being overpowered. It was a good balance of him keeping his sensitive caring side as well as learning to be strong while learning to stand up and face his fears all for the sake of helping others. He truly has been through a lot so far, and I am really looking forward to seeing his character mature and for him get his own happy ending cause he deserves it :")

I am sleepy
Mar 19, 2023 11:30 PM
Mar 2023
Verylongcat said:
SanoHimu said:
Actually do something to save them. Stop playing gang wars with a bunch of teens to lift his self-esteem. Tell them the whole truth and why they're in danger instead of putting them in more danger. And if he wants to force brute his way up to be the king of delinquents or something (lmao), to actually train to become stronger instead of using the others as shields, Mikey as his I-win card or waiting for a miracle to happen. Stop relying on teenagers for emotional support. Get them the help they need. Speak with their parents or caretakers (Hina's dad is a cop, for fucks sake). Etc, etc. 

He's a 26 year old man with the power to time travel, but he actually does nothing to fix the situation or to improve himself. He manages to get outsmarted by a 14 year old, whatever gets "solved" is by sheer luck or thanks to Mikey and Draken while Takemichi steals the credit, yet we're supposed to believe that he's an amazing hero because.... he cries and gets punched. What's annoying, though, is not him being a cowardly piece of c*ap, but how the author tries to portray him as admirable while sh*tting on the other characters and their struggles.

Try to understand.. it's not that so easy to make others believe that he comes from future and also those incident was going to happen. No one will believe him.Ok for example , imagine an unknown person comes to you and he talks like takemichi ...Now he requestes you not to go to in the Market today. I'm sure you will laugh at that unknown person. Because he talks like a stupid and you don't care about what he said. You will do your things. Sometimes circumstances don't give us the chances to prove ourselves.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Mar 20, 2023 12:33 AM
Dec 2014
SanoHimu said:
Try to understand.. it's not that so easy to make others believe that he comes from future and also those incident was going to happen. No one will believe him.Ok for example , imagine an unknown person comes to you and he talks like takemichi ...Now he requestes you not to go to in the Market today. I'm sure you will laugh at that unknown person. Because he talks like a stupid and you don't care about what he said. You will do your things. Sometimes circumstances don't give us the chances to prove ourselves.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
So being afraid of people not believing him justifies him not even trying to solve things in the most reasonable way instead of participating in gang wars where teenagers kill each other? So much for our amazing hero whose only redeeming quality is supposedly that he tries his best. 

Bullshit excuse. Everyone trusts and worships him. Chifuyu believed him easily. Takemichi is using his time travel power to become the "cool" respected delinquent he couldn't ever be originally, and to date the girl who originally had dumped his ass.  And that'd be fine, if the author didn't try to force the narrative that he's an amazing brave hero trying his best, which leads to cringe moments and horrible writing. That's why people hate him.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

137 by callmethebigG »»
May 19, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

191 by windyshadow »»
Apr 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

129 by vv1 »»
Mar 18, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

103 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

112 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 8:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.