Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you like Takemichi??
Jan 21, 2023 9:00 PM

Nov 2021
I like Tokyo revengers anime but Takemichi is kinda meh 😑 type of protagonist if you ask me ... 
Let me know guys if he gets any character development expect crying at the end of the manga...
neel_senpaiJan 21, 2023 9:18 PM

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2023 9:08 PM
Feb 2021
Foolish anime only, you have not seen the greatness of our Crybaby Hero, the Goat aka Hanagaki Takemichi. Tbh, he is the most human here and been through a lot.
Jan 21, 2023 9:15 PM
Nov 2021
What's wrong with being a crybaby.... atleast he won't give up like some protagonists. People hating him just becoz he's a crybaby... he isn't generic like others
It's better to let out his emotions rather than become depressed and he is physically weak
Jan 21, 2023 9:22 PM
Aug 2020
yeah he’s kinda annoying in the anime and in the manga, but you gotta love him for the shit he goes through and the relationships he builds
Jan 21, 2023 9:23 PM
Jun 2019
Takemith Hanagoat is only disliked by anime onlys, his character concept and emotional growth are nicely done, the most common complaint I hear about him is "standing still in the middle of something" which is something that only happens in the adaptation's bad pacing/direction
Jan 21, 2023 9:27 PM
Jun 2021
People hates him, because he has no skills. That's ok if he is not a good fighter like the other characters, but he is not smart either, doesn't take initiatives, make dumb decisions... He just cries and gets his ass beating every single episode...(Just to make it clear, I like TR).
Jan 21, 2023 9:34 PM

Mar 2021
I think he can be annoying some times but i like that what he's going through has an effect on him he's not a superhero who gets everything right first try and saves the day and gets praised he's in the back trying his best and sometimes fails and i think without that the show would be very different. in saying that i get why people don't like him.

Jan 21, 2023 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
everything about this anime..degraded from season1. takemichi cries so much...a year old baby cries less than that
Jan 21, 2023 9:53 PM
May 2022
You don't know shit about how good of a protagonist takemichi is
Jan 21, 2023 10:02 PM
Apr 2022
I’ve seen way worse than Takemichi, like he’s obviously not my favorite character but he’s human and has been through a lot. I hate to see people blaming his character for badly adapted pacing issues
Footed7Jan 21, 2023 10:06 PM
Jan 21, 2023 10:09 PM
Nov 2020
He cried 4 times in the first episode of season 2. He's so gross.  
Jan 21, 2023 10:10 PM
Sep 2022
KOLOPS said:
What's wrong with being a crybaby.... atleast he won't give up like some protagonists. People hating him just becoz he's a crybaby... he isn't generic like others
It's better to let out his emotions rather than become depressed and he is physically weak

no anime protagonist has ever given up if i remember correctly
Jan 21, 2023 10:37 PM

Nov 2021
CyberAkira said:
KOLOPS said:

no anime protagonist has ever given up if i remember correctly

LoL 😂😂
you just destroyed him 🤣

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jan 21, 2023 10:41 PM

Jul 2021
if i had a “least favorite characters” list then takemichi would be in it

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jan 21, 2023 10:47 PM
Jan 2023
Takemichi is not a cool protagonist. I feel like most of the anime fanbases prefer strong protagonists with no emotional feelings (like they don’t cry and shit).
Jan 21, 2023 11:09 PM

Apr 2022
he's terrible, i used to think boruto was the worst protagonist until i saw takemitchi.
Jan 21, 2023 11:33 PM
Feb 2021
ryzxgum said:
he's terrible, i used to think boruto was the worst protagonist until i saw takemitchi.

I feel like there are definitely far worse mcs than boruto
Jan 21, 2023 11:39 PM
Aug 2021
Once again these anime only’s ☠️
Jan 21, 2023 11:40 PM

Apr 2022
SteveMark5744 said:
ryzxgum said:

i mean if you can name them then be my guest, as far as i've seen it's just takemitchi.
actually ittoki from shinobi no itokki as well.
ryzxgumJan 21, 2023 11:48 PM
Jan 22, 2023 12:07 AM

Apr 2013
Deku, Hanagaki and Subaru the big three to cry and do nothing.
Jan 22, 2023 12:20 AM
Aug 2022
Hanagaki takemichi is kinda character who's been through a lot and yet that guy stands tall to face the situation...so, I do like him in that anime
Jan 22, 2023 12:22 AM
Aug 2022
SenjuToman said:
Foolish anime only, you have not seen the greatness of our Crybaby Hero, the Goat aka Hanagaki Takemichi. Tbh, he is the most human here and been through a lot.

yep!!___true!!!
Jan 22, 2023 12:29 AM
Mar 2022
There is nothing to like about tokyo revengers
Jan 22, 2023 12:57 AM

Dec 2021
He is by far the worst Protagonist I have come across in all of fiction
Even Gary Stus can be tolerated but this guy is something different
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Jan 22, 2023 1:17 AM

Dec 2020
i like him, i feel like realistically in his situation u would definitely be trying to solve everything urself if u knew the people around u were going to die. u wouldnt want to endanger them. and i dont see why him being a crybaby is a problem, bro is in the worlds shittiest position, he has a right to be crying all the damn time lmfao
Jan 22, 2023 2:28 AM
Jan 2021
Takemichi’s main trait is just overused which makes him hard to like
VinnyDark70Jan 22, 2023 2:31 AM
Jan 22, 2023 2:35 AM
Jan 2021
subahokke said:
i like him, i feel like realistically in his situation u would definitely be trying to solve everything urself if u knew the people around u were going to die. u wouldnt want to endanger them. and i dont see why him being a crybaby is a problem, bro is in the worlds shittiest position, he has a right to be crying all the damn time lmfao

Nah bruv, the fact that you’ll defend a fictional character saying it’s realistic to constantly cry in a bad position is crazy. Just because a person in the real world has the right, doesn’t mean the protagonist of a bs time travel fictional show needs to show the man cry every 10 min, like the man is mid 20s minimum, a little tone down on the sobbing would atleast make the show less irritable and even more realistic tbh. Takemichi’s main trope of crying and showing weakness is so constantly used/relied on that it’s just blatantly poor writing at this point. I honestly don’t get how you can enjoy/find entertainment in a show with the mc’s POV where he’s constantly being forced to cry, act dumb, have zero development, and is beat up at every encounter. I can only say this for myself but there’s not one thing that this show has done which has exceeded any expectations of any sort and they were low, which makes the mc even more disappointing like if it had maybe the animations of demon slayer, the fights would be to die for but it has absolutely nothing going for the series thus far.
Jan 22, 2023 2:41 AM

Dec 2020
VinnyDark70 said:
subahokke said:

Nah bruv, the fact that you’ll defend a fictional character saying it’s realistic to constantly cry in a bad position is crazy. Just because a person in the real world has the right, doesn’t mean the protagonist of a bs time travel fictional show needs to show the man cry every 10 min, like the man is mid 20s minimum, a little tone down on the sobbing would atleast make the show less irritable and even more realistic tbh. Takemichi’s main trope of crying and showing weakness is so constantly used/relied on that it’s just blatantly poor writing at this point. I honestly don’t get how you can enjoy/find entertainment in a show with the mc’s POV where he’s constantly being forced to cry, act dumb, have zero development, and is beat up at every encounter. I can only say this for myself but there’s not one thing that this show has done which has exceeded any expectations of any sort and they were low, which makes the mc even more disappointing like if it had maybe the animations of demon slayer, the fights would be to die for but it has absolutely nothing going for the series thus far.

i know u did not just quote me with a whole novel.
Jan 22, 2023 2:42 AM
Jul 2021
ryzxgum said:

Bruh, did you forget about the MC of Rent a gf and School days?? Future Diary also?
Jan 22, 2023 2:51 AM

Apr 2022
dark_knight107 said:
ryzxgum said:

Bruh, did you forget about the MC of Rent a gf and School days?? Future Diary also?

fair enough but i haven't watched future diary yet and the other two look so ass, i don't even wanna start lmaoo.
Jan 22, 2023 2:54 AM
Jul 2021
ryzxgum said:
dark_knight107 said:

fair enough but i haven't watched future diary yet and the other two look so ass, i don't even wanna start lmaoo.

Understandable and lmao, yeah you're better off these series tbh. I still regret watching them (school days especially).
Future Diary's mc is also really bad imo.
Jan 22, 2023 2:59 AM

Apr 2022
dark_knight107 said:
ryzxgum said:

Understandable and lmao, yeah you're better off these series tbh. I still regret watching them (school days especially).

i'll probably still watch it someday tho when i have nothing left to watch, just to see what all the fuss is about lmfao.
also i heard the pink or purple haired chick in future diary carries the show. don't know how far that's true.
Jan 22, 2023 3:02 AM
Jul 2021
ryzxgum said:
dark_knight107 said:

i'll probably still watch it someday tho when i have nothing left to watch, just to see what all the fuss is about lmfao.
also i heard the pink or purple haired chick in future diary carries the show. don't know how far that's true.

Yeah her name was Yuno if I remember correctly and yeah she was probably the only decent character in that show. And also the OP 1 is fire tho.

Rest is upto you dude whether you wanna watch it or not.
Jan 22, 2023 3:09 AM
Jan 2021
subahokke said:
VinnyDark70 said:

i know u did not just quote me with a whole novel.

- Some random paragraph to litter your notifications which has no relevance whatsoever to anime
“By eating pineapple you’re basically eating Spongebob’s house. Now he’s homeless. Nice job. Pineapple pizza isn’t actually from Hawaii. It’s from Canada. In other words, pineapple pizza is full of lies. Pineapple is generally considered healthy. Why would you spoil an unhealthy food with a healthy topping? Pineapples take approximately two years before they are ready to harvest. That’s a long time just to be sliced up and eaten. Scientifically speaking, pineapple is a berry. Who puts berries on pizza? Crazy people, that’s who. Professional chef Gordon Ramsey says pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza. Therefore, pineapple does not belong on pizza. No one questions Gordon Ramsey. Tomato sauce is an acidic food and so is pineapple. Too many acidic foods at once and you might melt your insides. Even the president of Iceland, Guðni Th. Jóhannesson, hates pineapple pizza. In 2017, Jóhannesson stated on Twitter that he would “ban pineapple pizza if [he] had the power to set laws.” If you do put pineapple on pizza, the awful taste of pineapple stays there forever, even if you pick it off. Even if you enjoy the sweetness that pineapple pizza has to offer, just don’t put it on pizza. Pineapple might be sweet, but it sure as hell doesn’t mix with cheese and bread. Be a normal person and treat your sweet tooth with healthier options, like ice cream or chocolate.”
Jan 22, 2023 3:12 AM

Jan 2023
It's good to see Takemichi giving his best as much as possible
he is weak and cries a lot
that can make it kinda frustrating at times
but I don't dislike it
It feels realistic to me
because it's just how Takemichi is he is weak and he have no confidence that he can improve his skills fight as good as Mikey or be in their same level he is just kind and has so much willpower to protect the people he love then he lacks the brains and also luck
but that's how it gets fun
can someone like Takemichi can really make things turn out the way he wants? if yes , how? It's fun seeing him reaching his limits , emotionally and physically

Jan 22, 2023 3:19 AM
Nov 2021
i completed the manga, i still dont like him. he makes such bad decisioms, is dumb and just hella annoying. like bro, if u have to go back to a time where fighting is THE MOST important skill to have, why don't u learn to fight? at least the basics bro, like dodging and defense.
Jan 22, 2023 3:26 AM
Jan 2022
You know what. I am angry. So I want to piss someones tastes because they are pissing on other peoples tastes. But thats to boring. So I'll piss on the people themselves. Tokyo Revengers anime only (and everyone like them) are THE REASON we have bad isekai, THE REASON why our shows are full of self insert no emotion characters, THE REASON why we have degen mangas made into degen anime, like the dog one from this season. You complain of crybaby char full of emotions, but you also complain about blank character. You know what, fuck off, and stop ruining iur community.

It feels annoying when someone is pissing on your tastes, right? So I hope you learned your lesson and stop being a toxic person.
Jan 22, 2023 3:33 AM
Jun 2021
Simply put, I don’t hate him however he is an adult (who has seen how the future is going to turn out), and he might not be strong, big or skilled martial artist and when you compare him to other highschoolers (in the past) his actions are almost meaningless. As the mc of a show he is my least favourite. Being a crybaby is fine but like with no plan, no action, just crying over and over and over again. Thats bit annoying as there seem to be no character development going on.
Jan 22, 2023 3:52 AM
Aug 2022
didn't at first. then I read the manga. now he's kinda a goat
Jan 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
I think that at this point he should at least start learning how to fight instead of tanking every shot. His resolve and tenacity is really cool, but he should be able to defend himself and others constantly bailing him out make him look like a wuss.

Jan 22, 2023 4:31 AM
Jul 2022
Manga readers know how much he develops.
Jan 22, 2023 4:37 AM
Apr 2022
neel_senpai said:
I like Tokyo revengers anime but Takemichi is kinda meh 😑 type of protagonist if you ask me ... 
Let me know guys if he gets any character development expect crying at the end of the manga...

He does get better at manga even though manga ending compared to first 250 chapters is bullshit
Jan 22, 2023 4:39 AM

Nov 2021
gira_sc said:
neel_senpai said:

He does get better at manga even though manga ending compared to first 250 chapters is bullshit

o I see..... thanks for the info 🐱

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jan 22, 2023 4:52 AM
Sep 2022
I love takemichi even though I'm an anime only
Jan 22, 2023 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
He is basically the only realistic character on this show. He is what...12? People are getting killed around him. I would damn well cry too.

Should we talk also talk about how (mostly) men have this contempt for male characters who show emotions because toxic masculinity?
Jan 22, 2023 5:25 AM

Aug 2020
I think Takemichi is the only thing I dislike about the show, in season 1 he was just crying 24/7.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Jan 22, 2023 5:41 AM

Sep 2021
not really, I kind of think he's a bitch not gonna lie 
Jan 22, 2023 5:56 AM
Feb 2021
ryzxgum said:
SteveMark5744 said:

i mean if you can name them then be my guest, as far as i've seen it's just takemitchi.
actually ittoki from shinobi no itokki as well.

Well the first that comes to mind is the MC from rent a girlfriend

There are others but like to me he’s by far one of the worst MCs
Jan 22, 2023 6:28 AM
Apr 2022
I'm anime only. So I'm not gonna judge him
Jan 22, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2015
dark_knight107 said:
ryzxgum said:

Oh, boi. Wait until you see Symphogear.
That Yellow Thing makes Kirito look like Lelouch or Eren in comparison.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

137 by callmethebigG »»
May 19, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

191 by windyshadow »»
Apr 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

129 by vv1 »»
Mar 18, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

103 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

112 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 8:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.