Forum Settings
Forums

Planned 1hr Maintenance, Friday January 27 @ 12am-1am PT

New
Jan 25, 2023 1:06 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
We would like to inform everyone that a 1 hour maintenance window has been scheduled for January 27, 2023 between the hours of 12AM to 1AM PST. You can also see this in your local time zone using this link.

Please note that the maintenance will affect both the website and our apps.

The maintenance will consist of some general back-end updates. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Jan 25, 2023 5:17 PM

Mar 2016
Thanks to let us know and backup our data! 👍

Signature layout designed by myself,
using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Paint.NET
Jan 25, 2023 11:35 PM

Nov 2018
I wonder how people are gonna cope not making the same 20 repetitive forum posts to gain attention for that hour

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 26, 2023 12:58 AM

Sep 2010
Jan 26, 2023 5:42 AM

Dec 2022
Oh alright.
None of series in profile will be lost or anything during the maintenance, right?
It is just that we are new to the site and still learning more and more with to time. 👍🏻
Ron.
Jan 26, 2023 7:59 AM

Jun 2021
So it's time to export lists on AL and AP again...

That link provided to check local time zones is kinda confusing to look at and it also uses military time (I do know how to read/convert military time, though). This one is easier to use, just type your place or timezone.
Jan 26, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2019
yo what happens if i dont export. will my list get nuked or sum?
Jan 26, 2023 9:15 AM

Jan 2021
Thanks for letting me know...
Roxy

Jan 26, 2023 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
_cjessop19_ said:
I wonder how people are gonna cope not making the same 20 repetitive forum posts to gain attention for that hour

lmao true
Jan 26, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2023
Thank you for letting us know, will watch some anime during that time c:

Profile   ●   Website

Jan 26, 2023 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
Thank you for letting us know. I'll start exporting now.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Jan 26, 2023 9:30 PM

Feb 2021
NextUniverse said:

I have the same question. Never done it before and all my lists are without any changes. I wonder why all people suddenly begin to export their lists.
Jan 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Sep 2010
Memores said:
NextUniverse said:

I have the same question. Never done it before and all my lists are without any changes. I wonder why all people suddenly begin to export their lists.

Some years ago when they did maintenance a lot of lists got nuked so it's kinda a meme now to backup your lists before every maintenance. It's probably not gonna happen again but better safe than sorry.
Jan 27, 2023 3:51 AM

Mar 2016
ateks said:
Memores said:

Some years ago when they did maintenance a lot of lists got nuked so it's kinda a meme now to backup your lists before every maintenance. It's probably not gonna happen again but better safe than sorry.

Or even worse, there's time when MAL literally down for like months lmao

Signature layout designed by myself,
using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Paint.NET
Jan 27, 2023 4:52 AM

Feb 2021
ateks said:
Memores said:

nattadasu said:
ateks said:

Or even worse, there's time when MAL literally down for like months lmao

Oh, thanks for the answers!
Jan 27, 2023 7:03 AM

Feb 2012
Hope it was all ok and everything worked fine. I am thankful thanks a lot for the hard work.
Jan 31, 2023 12:36 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
@ateks No one's lists have ever been nuked. Please don't spread misinformation.

Please don't worry @Memores @NextUniverse
Jan 31, 2023 2:03 PM

Feb 2021
Kineta said:

Thanks you very much!
Jan 31, 2023 2:29 PM

Sep 2010
Kineta said:

Excuse me? Lists have been nuked all the time like 5+ years ago on maintenance, it didn't happen recently although they still seem to partly reset sometimes if you'd take a look at the support board once in a while. Creating a backup of your lists is always a good idea especially with all the unjustified bans from abusive mods lately. Please don't spread misinformation yourself.
Jan 31, 2023 4:26 PM
Jan 2014
Thanks for letting us know!
Feb 1, 2023 3:34 AM

Feb 2010
@ateks

Before you read this, keep in mind I am not saying you are a liar or spreading misinfo, so there's no malice in my response and please dont get upset with me (ppl get angry with me all the time lol). But taking a neutral point of view looking at the support board and searching the word delete:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?cat=forum&q=delete&u=&uloc=1&loc=3

There are two threads that mention lists being deleted and both seem to be related to third-party aps and other stuff.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1836353
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1600318

I would think a thread about lists being deleted over maintenance would be huge and I can't find one. But I'm only human tho and may have missed them- I make mistakes all the time. However, imo if lists are being deleted I would check if third party aps caused it first, even if it was during a maintenance period.

In fact, we do see post-maintenance problems with the third party aps if we search maintenance on Support:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/search?cat=forum&q=maintenance+&u=&uloc=1&loc=3

Not that it isn't possible there's threads out there saying the lists were deleted after maintenance, but seems unlikely to me, maybe someone else can find one I'd like to see it.

edit: ACTUALLY I see one more at the very top now (told u I made mistakes!) and it was reported the day maintenance was announced (Jan 25).
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2072316
That is disturbing given the time, but to be clear he reported the deleted list on Jan 25 before maintenance happened (Jan 27).
Shishio-kunFeb 1, 2023 3:53 AM
Feb 1, 2023 5:08 AM

May 2010
Shishio-kun said:
Before you read this, keep in mind I am not saying you are a liar or spreading misinfo, so there's no malice in my response and please dont get upset with me (ppl get angry with me all the time lol).

funny you should say this, you get angry at people for misunderstandings too
Feb 2, 2023 1:37 AM

Feb 2010
ShaggyZE said:
Shishio-kun said:
Before you read this, keep in mind I am not saying you are a liar or spreading misinfo, so there's no malice in my response and please dont get upset with me (ppl get angry with me all the time lol).

funny you should say this, you get angry at people for misunderstandings too

In my defense, I don't feel I get angry with misunderstandings on MAL since I know my own actions. I have like 9k posts answering thousands of questions and afaik I never reply with the vitriol or aggression other users have and I keep a cool head, example:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2046614

In fairness misunderstandings irritate everyone, we're human, but the entire anime/manga community has a bad rep because the ppl get more angry than necessary even over neutral or unpopular takes. When we constantly see ppl respond with aggressions, accusations, threats, insults etc etc that's more anger than warranted. We can do better, as in the above link I didn't respond harshly and the guy apologized and things didn't escalate to something worse.

btw like with this response to you here, I've never been mad at you for any misunderstandings if that's what you're inferring. They aren't a big deal but I don't tolerate ppl who repeatedly escalate that to dishonesty, drama, false accusations, and other toxic behaviors. ppl with self-respect don't put up with that for long. It's why asked you to leave me alone so please move on now. You're sending me so many messages everywhere and following up on my posts within like an hour. You can do better and I honestly wish you luck
Shishio-kunFeb 2, 2023 1:50 AM
Feb 2, 2023 5:55 AM

Sep 2010
Shishio-kun said:
but the entire anime/manga community has a bad rep because the ppl get more angry than necessary even over neutral or unpopular takes. When we constantly see ppl respond with aggressions, accusations, threats, insults etc etc that's more anger than warranted. We can do better

No we don't because it's usually the loud 1% that gets upset over literally everything while the vast majority of us are just chilling and minding our own business. You won't change anyone's reaction by saying don't get angry at me because the problem is inherently yourself. You can only control your own emotions, people won't stop being angry at you just because you tell them to but you can stop taking everything here so serious and just not let it get close to you.

That being said, no I can't provide any reference because the forum search sucks hard and I'm way too lazy to look for something that was probably deleted long ago but I'm kinda disappointed that even the lead administrator of this website denies what pretty much every older user here should still remember.
Feb 2, 2023 1:42 PM

Jun 2021
I'm not sure if these issues are related to the maintenance but please look into it. Thanks.

1. Error when editing stack
  2. bug: chaining question marks when using the add notes textbox adds a bunch of text

This one is related to interest stacks.
Interest stacks do not update when re-sorting

Another issue:
Our club is not showing up in "My Clubs". Please help; thanks!! ^^

And are Amino links really not allowed to be shared here?
Domain that causes auto ban if posted here on MAL

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

208 by hawkpelt5 »»
5 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Apr 24, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.