Forum Settings
Forums

Fifth Season of 'Kingdom' Announced for Winter 2024

New
Oct 1, 2022 10:17 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
A fifth season of the Kingdom television anime was announced following the 26th and final episode broadcast of the fourth season on Sunday. The announcement also revealed a teaser visual (pictured) and a January 2024 premiere.

The anime series adapts Yasuhisa Hara's historical drama manga, which he began in Young Jump magazine in January 2006. Shueisha shipped the 66th volume on September 16.

Studio Pierrot produced the first two seasons in Summer 2012 and Summer 2013, each airing in three cours.

The third season by Studio Signpost premiered in Spring 2020 and was postponed after four episodes till Spring 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The fourth season debuted in Spring 2022. Funimation is streaming all four seasons with English subtitles.

Announcement

Official site: https://kingdom-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @kingdom_animePR

Source: Comic Natalie

Kingdom 5th Season on MAL
DatRandomDudeOct 1, 2022 2:34 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 1, 2022 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
Are these manga and anime really that interesting that they get seasons like hotcakes? I ask without sarcasm, I just often hear praise for this work.
Oct 1, 2022 10:25 AM

Apr 2018
Koku You Campaign Arc is such a good arc. It's a perfect set-up for the next arcs and gives us some insight on Kan Ki's character. This arc will show off how much of a menance this dude is.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 1, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2021
I am glad that this historical work gets more seasons. I plan to watch it.
Oct 1, 2022 10:41 AM
Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Are these manga and anime really that interesting that they get seasons like hotcakes? I ask without sarcasm, I just often hear praise for this work.

yep this work is 10/10
but what make it not famous is the quality of the first season as anime
but the story , evernts are great
Oct 1, 2022 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
zooker said:
RobertBobert said:

yep this work is 10/10

Yes, there were many 3D CG in the first season as I saw screenshots and videos from it.
Oct 1, 2022 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
zooker said:
RobertBobert said:

yep this work is 10/10

So, if I want to watch this, I'll need a shutter speed to watch the first season?
Oct 1, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2022
zooker said:
RobertBobert said:

yep this work is 10/10

Does the animation improve in the subsequent seasons?
Oct 1, 2022 12:00 PM
Nov 2019
drkenma1 said:
zooker said:

yep this work is 10/10

Does the animation improve in the subsequent seasons?

Yes it improved in season 2 and improved even more in season 3, so you should definetly watch it.
Oct 1, 2022 12:30 PM
Dec 2019
Hell yea. I have been a fan of this series since the first season.
Oct 1, 2022 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
RobertBobert said:
zooker said:

yep this work is 10/10

So, if I want to watch this, I'll need a shutter speed to watch the first season?

you do get used to it and they nail the characters, story and important moments very well but those 3D models are quite jarring
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Oct 1, 2022 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
-miraii said:
RobertBobert said:

you do get used to it and they nail the characters, story and important moments very well but those 3D models are quite jarring

Is it completely CGI? Like Berserk?
Oct 1, 2022 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
RobertBobert said:
-miraii said:

pretty much... you can check just the opening sequence on youtube, dont remember it spoiling anything
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Oct 1, 2022 1:37 PM

Nov 2011
Keep 'em coming boys

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 1, 2022 1:38 PM

Feb 2021
-miraii said:
RobertBobert said:

pretty much... you can check just the opening sequence on youtube, dont remember it spoiling anything

Still why they did it in 3D CGI. I doubt Pierrot have little money.
Oct 1, 2022 2:02 PM

Jun 2017
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO DUDE!!!

KINGDOM IS THE REASON I BREATHE.... GIVE ME MORE!!!!!

Oct 1, 2022 2:05 PM

Jun 2017
RobertBobert said:
-miraii said:

Only Season 1 is made with 80% CGI... the amount of CGI drops by a lot in Season 2, and is almost completely removed from Season 3 onwards

If you manage to get through the bad CGI in season 1, this show is actually amazing
Oct 1, 2022 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
Katou81 said:
RobertBobert said:

Only Season 1 is made with 80% CGI... the amount of CGI drops by a lot in Season 2, and is almost completely removed from Season 3 onwards

If you manage to get through the bad CGI in season 1, this show is actually amazing

If it's historical enough, I might give it a chance... someday.
Oct 1, 2022 2:34 PM

Feb 2021
Katou81 said:
RobertBobert said:

Thanks for this information! I was feared that CGI was in ALL seasons! I will definitely watch it! Thanks!
Oct 1, 2022 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
There is just no stopping this train anymore. Glad its running strong, Kingdom is great.
Oct 1, 2022 8:24 PM

Sep 2016
I avoided the anime like plague because of ugly CGI and I can't stand reading chinese names when hearing japanese names.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 1, 2022 10:14 PM
Sep 2014
GangsterCat said:
I avoided the anime like plague because of ugly CGI and I can't stand reading chinese names when hearing japanese names.

there's japanese names subtitles
Oct 1, 2022 10:18 PM
Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
zooker said:

yep this work is 10/10

the event,arcs and characters of the first season which is the first 170 chapters of the manga
is master piece , the only downside is the cgi and censorship of blood .
so the best advice is to read those first arcs in the manga hten move to the anime
the manga art is suprior even to the new seasons .
Oct 2, 2022 2:07 AM

Feb 2021
zooker said:
RobertBobert said:

the event,arcs and characters of the first season which is the first 170 chapters of the manga
so the best advice is to read those first arcs in the manga hten move to the anime

Thanks! I will do what you recommended.
Oct 2, 2022 1:41 PM

Sep 2020
truly a masterpiece
this underrated series deserve a full adaption
Oct 2, 2022 1:53 PM
Sep 2014
Memore said:
zooker said:

Thanks! I will do what you recommended.

enjoy first season 1-173 chapters
2nd season 174 -261 .
Oct 2, 2022 2:24 PM

Jun 2022
AlMiraj said:
truly a masterpiece
this underrated series deserve a full adaption

It might be underrated in Western mainstream anime circles, but the manga is super popular in Japan having sold around 90 million copies which makes it one of the best selling manga of all time
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Oct 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Aug 2015
One of the best manga series of all time. Will be looking forward to the fifth season too
Oct 3, 2022 11:03 AM

Mar 2022
Great. Can't wait for another fucked up adaptation.
Oct 3, 2022 7:17 PM

Oct 2017
RobertBobert said:

If you like war drama stories merged with battle shonen elements (so like the original RTK novel lol), Chinese history or history in general yeah Kingdom is awesome. Also yeah I would just recommend reading the manga for the first some 173 chapters. The anime does look better from the snippets I have seen in S2 and especially S3. S1 though just looks awful main reason I decided to pick up the manga first because the art is quite beautiful at least for me.
Oct 5, 2022 4:18 AM
Dec 2020
zooker said:
RobertBobert said:

yep this work is 10/10

Not famous in the west*

Kingdom is one of the most popular series in Japan, with both the anime and manga.
Oct 5, 2022 6:24 AM
Sep 2014
Infernalization said:
zooker said:

yep this work is 10/10

Not famous in the west*

Kingdom is one of the most popular series in Japan, with both the anime and manga.

yep this why it's getting 5th season
the manga , live action and anime all are famous in japan
Oct 5, 2022 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
Impressive. Not every anime can get to give seasons.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 21, 2022 12:16 AM

Nov 2018
Guys, can you suggest me some similar animes?
Feb 7, 2023 3:35 AM

Jul 2022
Winter 2024 :( That's too long, the anime is just fantastic and the whole cast and plot are stunning.
May 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Jan 2017
Viz Media or Kodansha or Dark Horse,
please great Lords, please bring Kingdom to my bookshelf 
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jun 5, 2023 6:04 PM
Jan 2020
2024 too long to wait :(

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.