Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2022 12:57 PM
Oct 2021
thunderkitten667 said:
This onslaught of hate for Lycoris Recoil makes me laugh. You have a show like Made in Abyss where people somehow applaud Bondrewd who literally tore children apart just so he can use them as his little power cells, or Chainsaw Man everyone says is the best story since sliced bread when Denji the main character is just a 16 year old who’s single motivation in the beginning is booba...but no, Chisato is a terrible character, a character who despite how insufferable it was to watch, stood by her belief of not killing, despite being the BEST killer in Japan period, and has adopted a sense of optimism she places on her own life and towards others as demonstrated when she cared for one of the terrorist’s wounds during the operation with Walnut...I don’t know, her motivations may seem one dimensional but she’s been a fairly solid and consistent character from day one. She never did anything outside of what she spoke or made herself out to be. Her goals and morals are complex, and make for interesting conflict in the world of Lycoris Recoil, which is THE BEST dynamic you can have in any piece of writing, when the character is directly at odds with the environment around them, consatantly leading to interesting exchanges. If this show displayed bad ass waifus killing and chewing bubblegum, then it would just be Black Lagoon, but that show already exists...The story beats may not always be the most interesting, but the fact that Chsiato’s character has always lived but her beliefs and demonstrated it time and time again while also being at odds with even the one she loves the most Takina is good writing. The conflict is always fresh, the fire is always tended to, the audience is always anticipating how it will come to bite Chsiato’s heel later on, you know, like “well if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions”...I mean, you have a movie like Batman V Superman where Batman literally flings thousand pound crates at people’s heads and fires rockets at people despite having a “no kill” policy...but no...Chisato bad...?

That's great and all. Can you answer any of my points now?
Also:"The audience is always anticipating how it will come to bite chisato's heel later on" Yeah, I was anticipating that. Unfortunately the anime doesn't seem too concerned with giving Chisato any consequences for her no-kill rule so...
Sep 22, 2022 1:00 PM
Apr 2022
Secret333 said:
thunderkitten667 said:
This onslaught of hate for Lycoris Recoil makes me laugh. You have a show like Made in Abyss where people somehow applaud Bondrewd who literally tore children apart just so he can use them as his little power cells, or Chainsaw Man everyone says is the best story since sliced bread when Denji the main character is just a 16 year old who’s single motivation in the beginning is booba...but no, Chisato is a terrible character, a character who despite how insufferable it was to watch, stood by her belief of not killing, despite being the BEST killer in Japan period, and has adopted a sense of optimism she places on her own life and towards others as demonstrated when she cared for one of the terrorist’s wounds during the operation with Walnut...I don’t know, her motivations may seem one dimensional but she’s been a fairly solid and consistent character from day one. She never did anything outside of what she spoke or made herself out to be. Her goals and morals are complex, and make for interesting conflict in the world of Lycoris Recoil, which is THE BEST dynamic you can have in any piece of writing, when the character is directly at odds with the environment around them, consatantly leading to interesting exchanges. If this show displayed bad ass waifus killing and chewing bubblegum, then it would just be Black Lagoon, but that show already exists...The story beats may not always be the most interesting, but the fact that Chsiato’s character has always lived but her beliefs and demonstrated it time and time again while also being at odds with even the one she loves the most Takina is good writing. The conflict is always fresh, the fire is always tended to, the audience is always anticipating how it will come to bite Chsiato’s heel later on, you know, like “well if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions”...I mean, you have a movie like Batman V Superman where Batman literally flings thousand pound crates at people’s heads and fires rockets at people despite having a “no kill” policy...but no...Chisato bad...?

Also:"The audience is always anticipating how it will come to bite chisato's heel later on" Yeah, I was anticipating that. Unfortunately the anime doesn't seem too concerned with giving Chisato any consequences for her no-kill rule so...

If you think she’s had zero consequences, you literally have not been watching this anime lol.
Sep 22, 2022 1:26 PM

Jul 2011
While some of your points are fine, a lot of these feel like nitpicks, or your just looking too deep into specific parts. I'm not going through this whole list, but I'll leave my points and go from there.

1: Why would Chisato even care about the other members? I get what your trying to say, but these girls are in a field of work where they could easily be killed. Chisato doesn't seem to be a person who would worry about those kinds of things.

2: The two are in a deadlock. Majima can't hit Chisato, and Chisato can't fight back without her gun. Yes, Chisato could have tried to take the gun, but she could have easily failed and gotten herself shot.

3: That part was most likely for comedy, as they most likely the guys in the car didn't die. There were no other cars, and even if they crashed, they could have still survived.

5: While you could view that as selfishness, Chisato wants to let her friends enjoy their lives and enjoy it then wasting time trying to find a cure when there might not be one. It's selfishness, but that's what Chisato wants.

7: Wow, I didn't know Takina turned into a zombie at that part. This girl has taken on full-grown men. Pretty sure she could hold her own.

8: You do realize even if Chisato ties him and the other women up, they can still break out of it and escape? The woman had a dozen knives on her, or they could have used the broken glasses or something to break out. Pretty sure they have other problems to deal with, like, you know, stopping a whole city from going crazy and people finding guns and shooting at every school girl in the city.

9: You just want to make sure you have an even 10. You're ignoring the show's whole season if you don't think other dark things have happened.

10: She most likely knew he was there. Still, only the next episode will tell us how things play out.

I could go either way on this character. Yeah, her abilities and persaonliety are a bit odd, but I still like her.
Sep 22, 2022 1:38 PM
Oct 2021
thunderkitten667 said:
Secret333 said:

If you think she’s had zero consequences, you literally have not been watching this anime lol.

What consequenses? That the crazy evil guy decided to end her life because she's not using her powers the way he wants her to? Yeah I talked about that when I saw it.
Let me tell you where the anime doesn't give her any consequences: She didn't kill Majima at the tower 10 years ago so he's alive and he's done many terrorist things around the world, came back to Japan and caused the subway incident that killed many Lycorises. Then she got a headshot on him in episode 6, but because of her shitty bullets he's alive and massacres a police office the next episode. Then she let's him go when he was right in front of her in episode 8, leading to him spreading a thousand guns across the city, and so many people dying on screen, let alone off-screen.
Now tell me, does the show address any of that? Does it ever weigh on Chisato's concience that none of this would've happened if she finished him, or fuck me even apprehended him? Does anyone ever blame her for Majima being free? Did she even need to kill Yoshi to stop him from killing Takina?
I watched the show alright. Something you would've known if you read my post. But sure, mockingly say that I didn't actiually watch the show. Makes things very convenient for you when you don't have to address any of my points, am I right?
Sep 22, 2022 1:47 PM
May 2021
Secret333 said:
I know fully well how many people love this character, so I am fully prepared to qualify that statement.
Full spoilers and a longish read ahead. You can skip to the last paragraph for a tldr.

If we first try to describe Chisato, she's an upbeat lycoris who used to work for the DA, now trying to find the person who gave her a second chance in life by replacing her weak heart with a mechanical one. She's the best lycoris ever, owing to her supernatural ability to dodge bullets that she had from birth, but she never wants to take away people's lives, so she uses non-lethal bullets, and goes out of her way to make sure the people she fights do not die, not even by friendly fire from their comrades.

Ignoring the mechanics of how anything I said above works, here are what I consider to be the moments that weaken or destroy her character:

1. Episode 6 starts with Takina telling Chisato that 4 lycorises lost their lives. Chisato's response to this is very careless, and it's clear she doesn't even give a shit. A moment later she's all smiles because "Takina is gonna live with me, yay!". A normal person would've had a more serious reaction to that, but Chisato should've had an even bigger reaction because of much she values people's lives, and she grew in the same environment that the dead lycorises grew up in. She recieved the same brutal training in her childhood, so the tragedy of their wasted lives should've hit her harder but no, no signs of fucks given here.
2. In episode 8 she talks with the terrorist that killed those 4 lycorises, tried to kill her two episodes ago, and massacred an entire police department who were all innocent people. We know he can't hit her with the gun, he even puts it down. Does she try to stop him? arrest him? anything? nope. he can just go away and enact his plan that leads to even more people dying. Great job Chisato!
3. In episode 9 she just straight up shoots at innocent civilians at a highway, making them lose control of their car. She's just very lucky that that didn't cause an accident that lead to them + anyone else on the road dying. Fucking Mizuki's reaction to this is also of someone who doesn't give a fuck about people's lives. "But she was dealing with a lot and she was sad at that time, that scene is there to show us that she's not herself" is a defense that someone might try. The problem is this betrays her character, her morals, and just normal common sense. I can't believe this needs to be said but you can't just shoot at people just because you're sad. And does she look back at this regretfully? nope. Zero introspection and zero acknowledgement that she endangered innocent lives. This scene reminds me of that deleted scene from Captain Marvel, if anyone knows that one.
4. Again in episode 9, when Kusonoki questions her on letting Majima go, her response is "it's not my job". Forget about what's ethical, forget about what any normal decent human being would've done if they knew someone is a terrorist and they have the ability to stop them. She gives the stupidest excuse I've ever seen and dumbass Kusonoki doesn't say anything to that.
5. In episode 10, when she finds out Mizuki and Kurumi are looking for a way to save her, she decides to close down the cafe because "I can't have you guys wasting time worrying about me". This is just selfishness. It would weigh too much on her conciouseness to have them there trying to help her, so she's just gonna force them to leave their lives in Japan and move countires on her whim. And the two dumbfucks don't even argue back against that. No speech about how much she means to them or any kind of friendship speech that actually would've been appropriate for that moment because those two are nothing but glorified plot devices.
6. This point is less of a character thing, I just wanted to point this out because it's funny. At the end of episode 11, when Majima is shooting at her and Takina, she uses her bullet proof bag to block the bullets. She did that a lot and blocked a lot of bullets, but 1 bullet just knocks the bag out of her hand and so far away it falls down out of reach. The bullet didn't even hit her hand. This is funny because had she not lost that bag there, she could've just blocked Yoshi's bullets in episode 12 when he was shooting Takina, effectively bailing her out of making the choice. I guess the writers realized this and decided that the best solution is: "uuhh she just loosens her grip on the bag and loses it. Genius!". This is just lazy writing at its finest.
7. Chisato let Takina die in episode 12. That's the truth. When that lady who works for Yoshi was charging at Takina to kill her, Chisato didn't try to stop her, which lead to Takina falling off the building. Chisato is just very very lucky Takina fell on a beam and was able to hold on to dear life when the expected scenario would be that she falls to her death.
8. Chisato let's Yoshi go free. He's the guy who funded the terrorists and lead to so many innocents dying, and tried to kill her friend, but no. He gets to go because she can't kill him. So she just can't tie him up with her convenient gun that ties people up? She can't go after him after she calmed Takina down? Nah because we let terrorist funders go free in this show.
9. The choice is bullshit. She fired a real bullet for once. Did she actually have to kill someone? No. We can't let the show be too dark so we're gonna bait the choice while having the show bail her out so now she can't learn or grow or develope in any meaningful way.
10. Majima fucking emptied a mag on her friends when they were standing in the elevator. They could all be dead if it wasn't for Fuki's quick thinking. How does she respond to that happening? She doesn't. She lets it happen and then confronts him with "Yo.". I have to assume this is planned and they're gonna do something together next episode but fucking hell, lucky none of your friends were hurt in this stunt, huh Chisato?

And all of this doesn't include her constantly shifting power levels, the uncharacteristic stupid decisions she makes, how she never wonders if people could've been saved if she killed Majima in the tower incident (The most obvious question she should be asking herself). But this thread is long enough already.

I made this thread because while I always criticized other aspects of the writing, I don't think I went too deep into characters because there was always the chance they'd develope in a good way. I don't see that happening with episode 13 but I would happily eat my words if it proved me wrong. Characters is usually the thing people point to for this show but the characters are as terrible as the rest of the show. This is a 2/10 show on a good day.

If you asked the writers to describe Chisato, I don't think any of the above would come up. It really feels like the writers ignore innocent lives and have no awareness of the implications of the decisions the characters make or do not make. But the unfortunate reality is this:

Tldr; Chisato is an extremely selfish, immoral character that can be as compitent or as incompitent as the writing needs. She doesn't want to kill people with her own hands, but gives no fucks about people dying if she's not holding the gun. She forces others to follow her whims and desires and they rarely question her. She has no compelling developement or struggle. Chisato is not a waifu bait because a jpeg of a random female character would be a better waifu than this horrendous disaster of a character.

What an amazing post. I agree with 95% of what you said here. It's crazy how overrated this show is because people have chosen to ignore the plot armor, plot conveniences and just straight up lack of logic just because they like the personalities of the main characters.

I pointed this out to a friend after the episode... in episode 6 she gets her gun grabbed by Majima and proceeds to get beat up by Majima after he spits blood in her face. Normally, this type of scene I wouldn't care about because it shows that the "villain" doesn't care about fighting clean and shows our main protagonist in a weak and vulnerable state. Here's the issue though. Just TWO episodes before this, she was flaming Fuki for getting too close to her opponent and told her that it would make it easy for the opponent to disarm her. So why the fuck did the writers think it would be wise for her to make that EXACT SAME MISTAKE in an actual serious situation. It made absolutely no sense.

This was the episode that made me really start to realize how bad the writing in this show is.
Sep 22, 2022 1:48 PM
Mar 2022
not gonna read that bs.
Sep 22, 2022 1:49 PM
May 2021
StaleNut said:
If you think anyone's reading that, well you might wanna reconsider. This is a MAL forum, people don't care about your opinion, especially when it's so long and convoluted.

So why did you even respond in the first place?
Sep 22, 2022 1:55 PM
May 2021
certifiedbinger said:
Idiotic take. Try harder.

Elaborate on why you think that? No amigo! Get angry and insult the take because he dared insult your waifu!
Sep 22, 2022 1:59 PM
May 2021
Piromysl said:
RogerCop said:
You're correct, she just a bland character, not a bad one, simply bland.
And she isn't frustrated, she clearly isn't a reactionary type, she simply is the living incarnation of Yolo and nothing else.
The show is the one badly written, and takina is missed potential.

I'm pretty sure I, just like many others correctly analysed what we have seen and it's quite literally in our faces.

Secret333 said:
So because she's harrassed it's understandable to possibly kill them? My point is that the show doesn't acknowledge how fucked up that is and apparently neither do you.
And I emphasize how innocent they are because they fucking are. Honking at someone doesn't make you deserve the fucking death sentence.
"And they were not in any danger of losing their lives" You have no reason to belive that. You just have to because it makes the scene less shit.
I never tried to force my morals at her. I evaluated her actions based on her own morals. And if a character acts against their morals, it should be acknowledged by the story. That scene was just brushed aside. So it's not a character flaw, it's just a fuck up in the writing. They wanted to show how sad she is and ended up making her almost kill people without realizing it.

Just like you have no reason to believe they were in danger? Something tells me, that authors will agree with me and your reaching is kinda irrelevant, because you just desperately want to see this scene more shit than it actually is. It's brushed aside because there is completely nothing more to it.
And I am emphasizing how they do not deserve sympathy, because they don't deserve sympathy lol. That's why they were portrayed as jackasses. They did not deserved death and they did not died.
You are seriously wondering why people refuse to read this wall of text? I did and lost some braincells in the process.
You just do not pay attention what you are watching, think that character being put in moral dilemma makes them a bad character and somehow reach really far due to your bias. WTF?!

You don't get it do you? The OP isn't against putting characters in moral dilemmas or against them having flaws. The problem is the fact that these flaws or dilemmas aren't expanded upon...AT ALL. No introspection, no pondering on what happened before, no regret, NOTHING. It's just presented to us as is and we're supposed to just accept it without these things ever being addressed. It's lazy writing.
Sep 22, 2022 2:02 PM

Jul 2019
AlexPlayer said:
I agree with everything you said. All in all this was a 6/10 anime at best hard carried by mediocre waifus.
Can't wait for this anime to be completely forgotten in 2 weeks and replaced with another mid waifu show.

That's exactly what's going to happen. Just a little longer.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 22, 2022 2:07 PM
May 2021
thunderkitten667 said:

I am failing to see the relevance of comparing SOME feedback of Made in abyss, Chainsaw man and fucking Batman vs Superman of all things to Lycoris Recoil. None of the shows are even remotely similar in any way and you're just making stupid generalizations and assumptions in the first place. For example, people like Bondrewd as an ANTAGONIST. Most people you see praising Bondrewd don't praise him for what he did. They praise what his character brought to the story.

In any case, you're just straight up wrong about Chisato's writing anyway.

"I don’t know, her motivations may seem one dimensional but she’s been a fairly solid and consistent character from day one. She never did anything outside of what she spoke or made herself out to be."

Did you even read this post?
Sep 22, 2022 2:08 PM
May 2021
thunderkitten667 said:
Secret333 said:

Well considering that none of the scenes he talked about have had ANY sort of consequences to them, I'm pretty sure he's right. The consequences Chisato face are completely separate from any of these scenes.
Sep 22, 2022 2:09 PM
Feb 2019
Cope & Seethe like the rest of them. I bet half of you didn't even watch it and those that did just don't understand it, The hate is unreal. Just mad the show is more popular than whatever you're watching currently But by all means Say what you will :)
Sep 22, 2022 2:10 PM
May 2021
Kenji_3 said:
not gonna read that bs.

Yet you still took the time to respond... genius.
Sep 22, 2022 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
Piromysl said:

I'm pretty sure I, just like many others correctly analysed what we have seen and it's quite literally in our faces.

Just like you have no reason to believe they were in danger? Something tells me, that authors will agree with me and your reaching is kinda irrelevant, because you just desperately want to see this scene more shit than it actually is. It's brushed aside because there is completely nothing more to it.
And I am emphasizing how they do not deserve sympathy, because they don't deserve sympathy lol. That's why they were portrayed as jackasses. They did not deserved death and they did not died.
You are seriously wondering why people refuse to read this wall of text? I did and lost some braincells in the process.
You just do not pay attention what you are watching, think that character being put in moral dilemma makes them a bad character and somehow reach really far due to your bias. WTF?!

You don't get it do you? The OP isn't against putting characters in moral dilemmas or against them having flaws. The problem is the fact that these flaws or dilemmas aren't expanded upon...AT ALL. No introspection, no pondering on what happened before, no regret, NOTHING. It's just presented to us as is and we're supposed to just accept it without these things ever being addressed. It's lazy writing.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Literally whole TLDR segment is "flawed character = bad character", and as far as I'm concerned, TLDR should be a whole post in bite size.
Now when I look at it, half of that post is exactly that, while the rest is just missing the point of the show and desperate nitpicking.

This story is not really about Chisato's developedment but Takina's. That's literally the reason why she was sent to the cafe.
I mean, you could just read "TLDR" part at the bottom, which is quite hyperbolic, but still.
PiromyslSep 22, 2022 2:23 PM

Sep 22, 2022 2:18 PM
May 2021
SaiyanGod_15 said:
Cope & Seethe like the rest of them. I bet half of you didn't even watch it and those that did just don't understand it, The hate is unreal. Just mad the show is more popular than whatever you're watching currently But by all means Say what you will :)

Tell me you didn't even read or try to understand the post without telling me you didn't even read or try to understand the post. But it's okay tbf. You can enjoy the lazy writing they give us all you want in all fairness.
Sep 22, 2022 2:23 PM
May 2021
Piromysl said:
SkyhighCFC said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Like half of those paragraphs are literally "flawed character = bad character" and the rest are complete misrepresentation and desperate nitpicking.
I mean, you could just read "TLDR" part at the bottom, which is quite hyperbolic, but still.

You pointed out one point from the OP's post and have harped on and on about it without addressing anything else. You're just making general claims in an attempt to defend the character. How do you explain Chisato claiming she cares about human life and preserving them, but having no reaction at all to any of her teammates being killed in brutal ways? Or the fact she's been nonchalant about the whole Majima situation at best. Or how about the fact she doesn't even follow her own advice? She criticized Fuki for getting too close to an opponent and told her it's an easy way for her to be disarmed by her opponent, only for her to do that exact same mistake 2 episodes later.

These are just a FEW examples of the lazy and incompetent writing we've seen throughout this show.
Sep 22, 2022 2:25 PM
Oct 2021
animedude1287 said:
While some of your points are fine, a lot of these feel like nitpicks, or your just looking too deep into specific parts. I'm not going through this whole list, but I'll leave my points and go from there.

1: Why would Chisato even care about the other members? I get what your trying to say, but these girls are in a field of work where they could easily be killed. Chisato doesn't seem to be a person who would worry about those kinds of things.

2: The two are in a deadlock. Majima can't hit Chisato, and Chisato can't fight back without her gun. Yes, Chisato could have tried to take the gun, but she could have easily failed and gotten herself shot.

3: That part was most likely for comedy, as they most likely the guys in the car didn't die. There were no other cars, and even if they crashed, they could have still survived.

5: While you could view that as selfishness, Chisato wants to let her friends enjoy their lives and enjoy it then wasting time trying to find a cure when there might not be one. It's selfishness, but that's what Chisato wants.

7: Wow, I didn't know Takina turned into a zombie at that part. This girl has taken on full-grown men. Pretty sure she could hold her own.

8: You do realize even if Chisato ties him and the other women up, they can still break out of it and escape? The woman had a dozen knives on her, or they could have used the broken glasses or something to break out. Pretty sure they have other problems to deal with, like, you know, stopping a whole city from going crazy and people finding guns and shooting at every school girl in the city.

9: You just want to make sure you have an even 10. You're ignoring the show's whole season if you don't think other dark things have happened.

10: She most likely knew he was there. Still, only the next episode will tell us how things play out.

I could go either way on this character. Yeah, her abilities and persaonliety are a bit odd, but I still like her.

You went through all my points, and didn't just disregard/ignore what I wrote and resort to insults. So I really appreciate that. Now, about the points you made:

1. My point is that it's incongruent with her values. She supposedly values lives so much she refuses to take them out herself. And yet her reaction to the news that several lycorises were targeted and killed is pure apathy. So do we want to agree that she just doesn't care? And what does that say about her?

2. She doesn't even try. Even when Takina arrives she doesn't try to attack him while he walks to the door. If she tried and failed that'd be one thing, but she didn't. And this is after he killed a lot of people last episode so you'd think she'd be a liiiiiittle bit pissed off, but she isn't. Again showing her lack of care for the lives that were lost.

3. As I said, I don't think the writers realize that she put innocent lives in danger. I don't care what the intent of the scene is if what happens in it is horrible. It's again an example of how she didn't think about the lives she just put in danger, and this one is special since she pointed the guns herself.

5. While the character critisim for this point is mainly towards Kurumi and Mizuki, because they don't voice their opinion against Chisato's, it hurts Chisato's character indirectly. They just accept her wishes and go away. We know Kurumi didn't honor Chisato's wishes and she kept looking, but she just didn't voice any of that to Chisato. Robbing her of the chance to learn to rely on others. To learn that if she impacts people's lives, they'd naturaly come to care about her and use their time and effort to save her.

7. Did you hear how she yelled "Takina!"? She definetly sounded not so sure about her safety. And I don't think part of lycorises training is to DEFY GRAVITY.

8. And again, she didn't even try. She doesn't even have to tie anything herself she has a very convenient gun that does that for her. If that gun is so unreliable then why did she leave Majima alone? Also, the topic of how Yoshi was responsible for everything is news to Chisato. She hears that for the first time from Takina in that place, yet it never comes up. Again I have to draw the conclusion that she doesn't care.

9. When did I say that other dark things didn't happen? And the show's "darkness" has been toned down. That's a fact that the writers addmitted to.

10. Yeah she didn't act very surprised to see him. My point is I hope she gave Fuki a heads-up. Otherwise I'd have to conclude that she attempted to kill her friends by Majima's hands.

Trust me I didn't aim for 10 points, otherwise I would've named the subject "10 reasons why Chisato is a terrible character. You WON'T BELIEVE #3" like a clickbait youtuber.

Points 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 are examples of her disregard for people's lives. Points 5, 7, and 9 are things that I believe hurt her in terms of possible developements for her character. And I used these points to draw my conclusion about her at the end. Point 6 is just a funny thing I realized, and point 10 will be what episode 13 starts with probably, so it could make that better or worse.
My problem is that despite all of that, other characters act like she's an angel. Even Yoshi mockingly asks her if she thinks she's Mother Theresa. Nah man. She's so far away from that.

It's absolutely fine if you like a character or a show. Anyone can do that regardless of the flaws/inconsistencies it has. I have no issue with that.
Sep 22, 2022 2:26 PM
Feb 2019
SkyhighCFC said:
SaiyanGod_15 said:

Tell me you didn't even read or try to understand the post without telling me you didn't even read or try to understand the post. But it's okay tbf. You can enjoy the lazy writing they give us all you want in all fairness.

Oh I sped read it. A good portion of it I disagree with but that's his opinion and if you find the writing to be "Lazy" then don't watch it. I saw this thread and found it amusing hence I looked in here so I'm not gonna argue, I only came here to update my watch list soooo have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2022 2:31 PM

May 2020
anyone got a tldr for this yet, even his own tldr is a paragraph
Sep 22, 2022 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
Piromysl said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Like half of those paragraphs are literally "flawed character = bad character" and the rest are complete misrepresentation and desperate nitpicking.

You pointed out one point from the OP's post and have harped on and on about it without addressing anything else. You're just making general claims in an attempt to defend the character. How do you explain Chisato claiming she cares about human life and preserving them, but having no reaction at all to any of her teammates being killed in brutal ways? Or the fact she's been nonchalant about the whole Majima situation at best. Or how about the fact she doesn't even follow her own advice? She criticized Fuki for getting too close to an opponent and told her it's an easy way for her to be disarmed by her opponent, only for her to do that exact same mistake 2 episodes later.

These are just a FEW examples of the lazy and incompetent writing we've seen throughout this show.

Well, sorry that I just targeted one garbage point out of 10 and focused on it way more then I should, because I did not wanted bothering deconstructing the rest.
I guess authors are very sorry, that highway scene was not handled exactly as you wanted and they definitely should expect that some people would have a wrong impression that someone might die there.

Anyway, you are keep saying that "flawed character = bad character". That is wrong.
Hypocrisy is a flaw.
Chisato is a hypocrite at times, because she is a human. She is not even particularly intelligent.
An I don't know how advising Fuki for coming too close is a bad thing, becsuse that's logical, while Chisato has no problem dodging point blank shots and Fuki can't.

Sep 22, 2022 2:37 PM

Jan 2021
SkyhighCFC said:
Secret333 said:
I know fully well how many people love this character, so I am fully prepared to qualify that statement.
Full spoilers and a longish read ahead. You can skip to the last paragraph for a tldr.

If we first try to describe Chisato, she's an upbeat lycoris who used to work for the DA, now trying to find the person who gave her a second chance in life by replacing her weak heart with a mechanical one. She's the best lycoris ever, owing to her supernatural ability to dodge bullets that she had from birth, but she never wants to take away people's lives, so she uses non-lethal bullets, and goes out of her way to make sure the people she fights do not die, not even by friendly fire from their comrades.

Ignoring the mechanics of how anything I said above works, here are what I consider to be the moments that weaken or destroy her character:

1. Episode 6 starts with Takina telling Chisato that 4 lycorises lost their lives. Chisato's response to this is very careless, and it's clear she doesn't even give a shit. A moment later she's all smiles because "Takina is gonna live with me, yay!". A normal person would've had a more serious reaction to that, but Chisato should've had an even bigger reaction because of much she values people's lives, and she grew in the same environment that the dead lycorises grew up in. She recieved the same brutal training in her childhood, so the tragedy of their wasted lives should've hit her harder but no, no signs of fucks given here.
2. In episode 8 she talks with the terrorist that killed those 4 lycorises, tried to kill her two episodes ago, and massacred an entire police department who were all innocent people. We know he can't hit her with the gun, he even puts it down. Does she try to stop him? arrest him? anything? nope. he can just go away and enact his plan that leads to even more people dying. Great job Chisato!
3. In episode 9 she just straight up shoots at innocent civilians at a highway, making them lose control of their car. She's just very lucky that that didn't cause an accident that lead to them + anyone else on the road dying. Fucking Mizuki's reaction to this is also of someone who doesn't give a fuck about people's lives. "But she was dealing with a lot and she was sad at that time, that scene is there to show us that she's not herself" is a defense that someone might try. The problem is this betrays her character, her morals, and just normal common sense. I can't believe this needs to be said but you can't just shoot at people just because you're sad. And does she look back at this regretfully? nope. Zero introspection and zero acknowledgement that she endangered innocent lives. This scene reminds me of that deleted scene from Captain Marvel, if anyone knows that one.
4. Again in episode 9, when Kusonoki questions her on letting Majima go, her response is "it's not my job". Forget about what's ethical, forget about what any normal decent human being would've done if they knew someone is a terrorist and they have the ability to stop them. She gives the stupidest excuse I've ever seen and dumbass Kusonoki doesn't say anything to that.
5. In episode 10, when she finds out Mizuki and Kurumi are looking for a way to save her, she decides to close down the cafe because "I can't have you guys wasting time worrying about me". This is just selfishness. It would weigh too much on her conciouseness to have them there trying to help her, so she's just gonna force them to leave their lives in Japan and move countires on her whim. And the two dumbfucks don't even argue back against that. No speech about how much she means to them or any kind of friendship speech that actually would've been appropriate for that moment because those two are nothing but glorified plot devices.
6. This point is less of a character thing, I just wanted to point this out because it's funny. At the end of episode 11, when Majima is shooting at her and Takina, she uses her bullet proof bag to block the bullets. She did that a lot and blocked a lot of bullets, but 1 bullet just knocks the bag out of her hand and so far away it falls down out of reach. The bullet didn't even hit her hand. This is funny because had she not lost that bag there, she could've just blocked Yoshi's bullets in episode 12 when he was shooting Takina, effectively bailing her out of making the choice. I guess the writers realized this and decided that the best solution is: "uuhh she just loosens her grip on the bag and loses it. Genius!". This is just lazy writing at its finest.
7. Chisato let Takina die in episode 12. That's the truth. When that lady who works for Yoshi was charging at Takina to kill her, Chisato didn't try to stop her, which lead to Takina falling off the building. Chisato is just very very lucky Takina fell on a beam and was able to hold on to dear life when the expected scenario would be that she falls to her death.
8. Chisato let's Yoshi go free. He's the guy who funded the terrorists and lead to so many innocents dying, and tried to kill her friend, but no. He gets to go because she can't kill him. So she just can't tie him up with her convenient gun that ties people up? She can't go after him after she calmed Takina down? Nah because we let terrorist funders go free in this show.
9. The choice is bullshit. She fired a real bullet for once. Did she actually have to kill someone? No. We can't let the show be too dark so we're gonna bait the choice while having the show bail her out so now she can't learn or grow or develope in any meaningful way.
10. Majima fucking emptied a mag on her friends when they were standing in the elevator. They could all be dead if it wasn't for Fuki's quick thinking. How does she respond to that happening? She doesn't. She lets it happen and then confronts him with "Yo.". I have to assume this is planned and they're gonna do something together next episode but fucking hell, lucky none of your friends were hurt in this stunt, huh Chisato?

And all of this doesn't include her constantly shifting power levels, the uncharacteristic stupid decisions she makes, how she never wonders if people could've been saved if she killed Majima in the tower incident (The most obvious question she should be asking herself). But this thread is long enough already.

I made this thread because while I always criticized other aspects of the writing, I don't think I went too deep into characters because there was always the chance they'd develope in a good way. I don't see that happening with episode 13 but I would happily eat my words if it proved me wrong. Characters is usually the thing people point to for this show but the characters are as terrible as the rest of the show. This is a 2/10 show on a good day.

If you asked the writers to describe Chisato, I don't think any of the above would come up. It really feels like the writers ignore innocent lives and have no awareness of the implications of the decisions the characters make or do not make. But the unfortunate reality is this:

Tldr; Chisato is an extremely selfish, immoral character that can be as compitent or as incompitent as the writing needs. She doesn't want to kill people with her own hands, but gives no fucks about people dying if she's not holding the gun. She forces others to follow her whims and desires and they rarely question her. She has no compelling developement or struggle. Chisato is not a waifu bait because a jpeg of a random female character would be a better waifu than this horrendous disaster of a character.

What an amazing post. I agree with 95% of what you said here. It's crazy how overrated this show is because people have chosen to ignore the plot armor, plot conveniences and just straight up lack of logic just because they like the personalities of the main characters.

I pointed this out to a friend after the episode... in episode 6 she gets her gun grabbed by Majima and proceeds to get beat up by Majima after he spits blood in her face. Normally, this type of scene I wouldn't care about because it shows that the "villain" doesn't care about fighting clean and shows our main protagonist in a weak and vulnerable state. Here's the issue though. Just TWO episodes before this, she was flaming Fuki for getting too close to her opponent and told her that it would make it easy for the opponent to disarm her. So why the fuck did the writers think it would be wise for her to make that EXACT SAME MISTAKE in an actual serious situation. It made absolutely no sense.

This was the episode that made me really start to realize how bad the writing in this show is.

It actually makes sense because she isn't completely free from committing mistakes, just like you could tell your brother to not let the fridge door opened but then in an oversight you could let it open after you warned him some time after. Knowing that you can make a mistake doesn't make you free from making that very same mistake.
Sep 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Jan 2009
dude is looking for so much realism in this show lol
Sep 22, 2022 2:52 PM

Jan 2021
Don't worry OP, I actually read thought your wall of text.

1- Yeah, if I'm told that 4 people that I don't care anything about and that I also probably don't know died then I might not care as well, call me weird or cold, but it's the truth.
2- I think I no longer remember episode 8.
3- Yes, she killed no one, and no one died, so no betraying of her morals and beliefs.
4- This is just the same as "why does the bad guy sent minions to fight the MC and doesn't he go to kill him before he gets strong?" type of thinking, just convenient writting, so I agree with you that she was weird that scene.
5- Yes, people can be selfish, welcome to reality. She knows that her heart wouldn't have lasted forever either way and it is her desition that she is fine without their help.
7- But Takina isn't dead...
8- Didn't she say that she let Yoshi go because she is grateful to him? And you are also saying your reasoning that she doesn't kill people. As if he could have been tied, probably.
10- How was she supposed to react when he just appeared out of nowhere? At least I don't know if she saw him walking before shooting.

The ones I didn't answer I tink because they were extensions of just the previous one and the 6 you yourself said that it was something you found funny. You can find my reasoning faulty since I already started to forget the small details and just remember the important ones. I don't think she is a terrible character, but also definitely not a great one either.
Sep 22, 2022 2:54 PM
Oct 2021
deg said:

Count the number of times I used realism as an argument.
Sep 22, 2022 2:54 PM

Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:

I think the TLDR would be: Chisato is a terrible character because she commits big flaws and betrays her morals and common sense in multiple scenes.
Sep 22, 2022 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
Secret333 said:
deg said:

youre basically comparing her actions on how you think real life should be

fiction is exaggeration most of the time so illogical things are allowed

use your suspension of disbelief
Sep 22, 2022 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
CickNipolla said:

TLDR is at the bottom.
Basically "flawed character = bad character", which is completely wrong.
Last time I chrcked, Mary Sue characters are scorned.

Sep 22, 2022 3:15 PM
Oct 2021
Ionliosite2 said:

1- Yeah, if I'm told that 4 people that I don't care anything about and that I also probably don't know died then I might not care as well, call me weird or cold, but it's the truth.
3- Yes, she killed no one, and no one died, so no betraying of her morals and beliefs.
4- This is just the same as "why does the bad guy sent minions to fight the MC and doesn't he go to kill him before he gets strong?" type of thinking, just convenient writting, so I agree with you that she was weird that scene.
5- Yes, people can be selfish, welcome to reality. She knows that her heart wouldn't have lasted forever either way and it is her desition that she is fine without their help.
8- Didn't she say that she let Yoshi go because she is grateful to him? And you are also saying your reasoning that she doesn't kill people. As if he could have been tied, probably.
10- How was she supposed to react when he just appeared out of nowhere? At least I don't know if she saw him walking before shooting.

The ones I didn't answer I tink because they were extensions of just the previous one and the 6 you yourself said that it was something you found funny. You can find my reasoning faulty since I already started to forget the small details and just remember the important ones. I don't think she is a terrible character, but also definitely not a great one either.

1-If someone told you someone targeted and killed 4 people who are in the same business as you, wear the same uniforms, for the fact that they work in the same field, How would you recive that info? And just hearing that 4 people died should bring some sympathy out of normal people. Not from her I guess. And I gave 2 extra reasons specific to Chisato for why she should care.
2- I wish I could forget episode 8.
3-She betrayed her morals and beliefs the moment she pointed that gun at them and endangered their lives.
4-So Majima is our main character that has to be let go by the villian Chisato in order to become stronger. I can get behind that.
5-I guess I wasn't clear on this point, and that's my bad. Kurumi and Mizuki do not argue against her, which leads to her not developing at all. Instead they're ready to move countries for her, which I find silly.
7-Lucky for Chisato she isn't.
8-Yeah she should've had his terrorism funding on her mind when deciding to let him go free. She apparently didn't.
10-idk. Grab his gun. Shoot him. Anything that would stop him from killing her friends. He keeps shooting long enough for the elevator doors to close so she had time to react. Again, I have to hope this was planned by her. Hopefully episode 13 proves my worst fears wrong.
Sep 22, 2022 3:19 PM
Oct 2021
deg said:
Secret333 said:

youre basically comparing her actions on how you think real life should be

fiction is exaggeration most of the time so illogical things are allowed

use your suspension of disbelief

I'm comparing her actions to what I conclude she should've done based on what the show told me about her. Nothing to do with real life.

Illogical things need to be set up to be expected by the audience, otherwise they end up breaking that suspension of disbelief you tell me to use.

I could write an nsfw fanfic about how this show fucked my suspension of disbelief.
Sep 22, 2022 3:21 PM
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
CickNipolla said:

TLDR is at the bottom.

Keep telling people that that's what I say, maybe if you keep repeating the same false statement enough times enough people will believe you.
Sep 22, 2022 3:21 PM

May 2020
Piromysl said:
CickNipolla said:

TLDR is at the bottom.

people watch aot once and expect every show to be some crazy deep plot with psycho eren yeager type MCs
Sep 22, 2022 3:25 PM

Jul 2015
Secret333 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

1-If someone told you someone targeted and killed 4 people who are in the same business as you, wear the same uniforms, for the fact that they work in the same field, How would you recive that info?

I would take few days off until situation settles down.

Also, Chisato is not really in DA and didn't even knew them, let alone had any bond with them.
Call her cold, but that's just a character trait.
PiromyslSep 22, 2022 3:30 PM

Sep 22, 2022 3:28 PM

Jan 2021
Secret333 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

1-If someone told you someone targeted and killed 4 people who are in the same business as you, wear the same uniforms, for the fact that they work in the same field, How would you recive that info? And just hearing that 4 people died should bring some sympathy out of normal people. Not from her I guess. And I gave 2 extra reasons specific to Chisato for why she should care.
3-She betrayed her morals and beliefs the moment she pointed that gun at them and endangered their lives.
4-So Majima is our main character that has to be let go by the villian Chisato in order to become stronger. I can get behind that.
5-I guess I wasn't clear on this point, and that's my bad. Kurumi and Mizuki do not argue against her, which leads to her not developing at all. Instead they're ready to move countries for her, which I find silly.
8-Yeah she should've had his terrorism funding on her mind when deciding to let him go free. She apparently didn't.
10-idk. Grab his gun. Shoot him. Anything that would stop him from killing her friends. He keeps shooting long enough for the elevator doors to close so she had time to react. Again, I have to hope this was planned by her. Hopefully episode 13 proves my worst fears wrong.

1- Again, I might as well not care since I don't know them. But I haven't been in a situation like that, so I can't be 100% of my reaction on something similar.
3- I'm sure her morals are in "no killing" more than "no shooting people".
4- You kinda misunderstood this point, I meant that it was done in a similar stupid way as that works, she let him go for the plot to continue, not because she is a villain. But this is fine too I guess.
5- Well, I don't think it is silly for Kurumi for what she said in that episode that she would be in danger outside of LycoReco. Mizuki I think she said something about a "boyfriend" or some shit, I don't think she has a boyfriend overseas, but she might be desperate enough to go looking for a boyfriend in other country for it. I know not arguing Chisato is probably weird, but they seem to have their reasons to go out of the country outside of just Chisato telling them.
7- Yeah, lucky her.
8- Why would her have his terrorism funds on her mind when she has completely unrelated reasons as to why not do something to him? She's dumb when the thing is about Yoshi.
10- Then maybe we wait and see what will happen in episode 13 to see if it explains more the scene at the end of episode 12.
Sep 22, 2022 3:32 PM
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
Secret333 said:

1-If someone told you someone targeted and killed 4 people who are in the same business as you, wear the same uniforms, for the fact that they work in the same field, How would you recive that info?

Also, Chisato is not really in DA. And does not wear the same uniform.
I think it was quite heavily emphasized.

You sound like you'd take that situation seriously. Now tell me if chisato does that.

She's a lycoris like them, the cafe is a subsidiary of the DA and recieves funding from them, and she is wearing the same uniform. Just because the color is different doesn't mean everything else about the design is.
Sep 22, 2022 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
Secret333 said:
Piromysl said:

Also, Chisato is not really in DA. And does not wear the same uniform.
I think it was quite heavily emphasized.

You sound like you'd take that situation seriously. Now tell me if chisato does that.

She's a lycoris like them, the cafe is a subsidiary of the DA and recieves funding from them, and she is wearing the same uniform. Just because the color is different doesn't mean everything else about the design is.

Yea, I would totally take situation seriously and NOT do try to avenge strangers, which is not my business.

Chisato's entire character is that she refuses to kill people and you are complaining, that she is not going on a rampage...

Sep 22, 2022 3:43 PM
Oct 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
Secret333 said:

1- Again, I might as well not care since I don't know them. But I haven't been in a situation like that, so I can't be 100% of my reaction on something similar.
3- I'm sure her morals are in "no killing" more than "no shooting people".
4- You kinda misunderstood this point, I meant that it was done in a similar stupid way as that works, she let him go for the plot to continue, not because she is a villain. But this is fine too I guess.
5- Well, I don't think it is silly for Kurumi for what she said in that episode that she would be in danger outside of LycoReco. Mizuki I think she said something about a "boyfriend" or some shit, I don't think she has a boyfriend overseas, but she might be desperate enough to go looking for a boyfriend in other country for it. I know not arguing Chisato is probably weird, but they seem to have their reasons to go out of the country outside of just Chisato telling them.
7- Yeah, lucky her.
8- Why would her have his terrorism funds on her mind when she has completely unrelated reasons as to why not do something to him? She's dumb when the thing is about Yoshi.
10- Then maybe we wait and see what will happen in episode 13 to see if it explains more the scene at the end of episode 12.

3-And she would've been a killer if not for the driving skills of the poor bastards she shot at.
4-Yeah I was making a joke. I know he needed to be free for the rest of the plot to happen, she could've tried at least. Takina tried and failed, that's why I didn't raise this point against Takina.
5- I don't think they had reasons to leave Lycorico, what they had seemed more like backup plans.
8- I mean, I won't argue against her being dumb if that's your argument. But I'd like to see her try that in a court.
10- I will make a post about how I was wrong about this specific point if it does. I'm just pessimistic after the rest of the show.
Sep 22, 2022 3:44 PM
Aug 2021
I’m watching this show mainly for the moments between Chisato & Takina, I like Chisato as a character cuz of the surprisingly genki vibe she gives (damn the voice actress did some superb acting!), but your argument does provide a different perspective though.

Long paragraphs they are indeed, I haven’t read all of them. I’d suggest not to call her a ‘terrible’ character in the title, look how many Chisato fans came in just to say nobody cares about your opinion, but they actually do, that’s why they’re bothered to make a reply.
Sep 22, 2022 3:46 PM
May 2021
Piromysl said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Well, sorry that I just targeted one garbage point out of 10 and focused on it way more then I should, because I did not wanted bothering deconstructing the rest.
I guess authors are very sorry, that highway scene was not handled exactly as you wanted and they definitely should expect that some people would have a wrong impression that someone might die there.

Anyway, you are keep saying that "flawed character = bad character". That is wrong.
Hypocrisy is a flaw.
Chisato is a hypocrite at times, because she is a human. She is not even particularly intelligent.
An I don't know how advising Fuki for coming too close is a bad thing, becsuse that's logical, while Chisato has no problem dodging point blank shots and Fuki can't.

Lol WHAT? I have never once said in this entire thread that a flawed character is a bad character. In fact most S tier characters have flaws that make them more relatable. The issue with Chisato's flaws are that they're not even really treated as flaws in the first place. And advising Fuki isn't a bad thing. The problem is that she criticized her for making a rookie mistake, yet went on to make that exact rookie mistake despite being the best Lycoris in the country. That goes beyond just not being "smart". Her experience and skill should never have her making that error in the first place.
Sep 22, 2022 3:47 PM
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
Secret333 said:

Yea, I would totally take situation seriously and NOT do try to avenge strangers, which is not my business.

Chisato's entire character is that she refuses to kill people and you are complaining, that she is not going on a rampage...

I kept her no killing rule in mind and I said, multiple times, that she doesn't even try to arrest or apprehend the people responsible for numerous deaths.
I never said she should go on a rampage. I would expect her to be calm, but still show care for the crimes committed. She doesn't.
Sep 22, 2022 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
Piromysl said:

Hypocrisy is a flaw.

Lol WHAT? I have never once said in this entire thread that a flawed character is a bad character. In fact most S tier characters have flaws that make them more relatable. The issue with Chisato's flaws are that they're not even really treated as flaws in the first place. And advising Fuki isn't a bad thing. The problem is that she criticized her for making a rookie mistake, yet went on to make that exact rookie mistake despite being the best Lycoris in the country. That goes beyond just not being "smart". Her experience and skill should never have her making that error in the first place.

Then maybe you should reread your post, because you seem to have problem with Chisato being a little bit selfish.
And I'm not sure what are you implying by "treates as flaws", because if it's people not calling her out on it, then... well... XD
The thing is, those flaws make her character not as predictable as Mary Sue characters like Kirito or Tatsuya. That's their entire purpose.
If you really think, that she will be completely different, unrecognizable person by the end, then you are wrong.

And you still don't get it why Cbisato is allowed to get into melle range, but others shouldn't?
It might have something to do with her incredible reflexes or something...
PiromyslSep 22, 2022 3:55 PM

Sep 22, 2022 3:51 PM
May 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
SkyhighCFC said:

It actually makes sense because she isn't completely free from committing mistakes, just like you could tell your brother to not let the fridge door opened but then in an oversight you could let it open after you warned him some time after. Knowing that you can make a mistake doesn't make you free from making that very same mistake.

I see where you're coming from, but I can't buy it. Chisato is supposed to be one of the most experienced Lycoris in the country and she is hands down the best and most skilled Lycoris. Her making such a rookie mistake is completely out of character. Especially against such a dangerous opponent.
Sep 22, 2022 3:52 PM

Jul 2015
Secret333 said:
Piromysl said:

I kept her no killing rule in mind and I said, multiple times, that she doesn't even try to arrest or apprehend the people responsible for numerous deaths.
I never said she should go on a rampage. I would expect her to be calm, but still show care for the crimes committed. She doesn't.

She's not Batman bruh. Get over it.
You are keep trying to force your own morals on others, which is kinda iffy.
And she does arrest/restrain hostiles if she can. She literally has a wiregun thingy.

Sep 22, 2022 3:52 PM
Mar 2015
I agree with you, there is a lot of character development inconsistencies through the series and Chisato's development is the biggest. Too bad people just let the hype and waifu bait lead their point of view. It would have been better if in the end Chisato dies (I'm sure she's not) not because of her hearth problem but because of her extreme ideals who put at a hight risk to her friends and the population.
Sep 22, 2022 3:56 PM
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
Secret333 said:

And she does arrest/restrain hostiles if she can. She literally has a wiregun thingy.

I never tried to force my morals on anyone.
Who the fuck compared her to batman?
And Why oh why does she not use her wiregun thingy to chain Yoshi the terrorist funder?
Sep 22, 2022 4:00 PM
May 2021
Piromysl said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Then maybe you should reread your post, because you seem to have problem with Chisato being a little bit selfish.
And I'm not sure what are you implying by "treates as flaws", because if it's people not calling her out on it, then... well... XD
The thing is, those flaws make her character not as predictable as Mary Sue characters like Kirito or Tatsuya. That's their entire purpose.
If you really think, that she will be completely different, unrecognizable person by the end, then you are wrong.

And you still don't get it why Cbisato is allowed to get into melle range, but others shouldn't?
It might have something to do with her incredible reflexes or something...

Her being selfish goes against her ideals of wanting to save lies and how much she values human lives though. No one is saying she should be the arbiter of justice and go on a rampage avenging people who were killed. The point is she doesn't even think about it or seem to care at all. How can we then buy her arguments against Yoshi or her excuse for not killing him? Chisato isn't a Mary Sue, but there are too many instances where her own ideals and beliefs are betrayed by Chisato herself.

And her "incredible reflexes" sure did save her against Majima! The rookie mistake that she criticized her ally for DEFINITELY didn't backfire on her or anything!
Sep 22, 2022 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
Secret333 said:
Piromysl said:

I never tried to force my morals on anyone.
Who the fuck compared her to batman?
And Why oh why does she not use her wiregun thingy to chain Yoshi the terrorist funder?

You are constantly complaining that Chisato does not act as you would and doesn't bother you avenge some strangers. You expect her to take justice into her own hands like some sort of Batman.
And she let Yoshi go literally because he is like a father to her and owns him her life. She doesn't give a slightest flying fuck about this whole DA stuff, which was emphasized A LOT.
She doesn't consider herself and enforcer of justice or anything like that.

Sep 22, 2022 4:01 PM
May 2021
Piromysl said:
Secret333 said:

OP isn't forcing his morals on anyone. He's criticizing the character because she betrays her own morals.

Funny you mention the wire gun because OP literally addresses it and uses it to criticize her not apprehending Yoshi in the latest episode.
Sep 22, 2022 4:02 PM
Oct 2021
ZXSHAWN01 said:
I’m watching this show mainly for the moments between Chisato & Takina, I like Chisato as a character cuz of the surprisingly genki vibe she gives (damn the voice actress did some superb acting!), but your argument does provide a different perspective though.

Long paragraphs they are indeed, I haven’t read all of them. I’d suggest not to call her a ‘terrible’ character in the title, look how many Chisato fans came in just to say nobody cares about your opinion, but they actually do, that’s why they’re bothered to make a reply.

You know what the funny thing is? I was a fan of Chisato too. I liked her interactions with Takina, especially in episodes 4 and 9. And her VA did a phenomenal job. And I care when the characters I like do things uncharacteristc of them. I care when carelessness of the writing ends up making bad implications about the characters that are not intended. You're right. I guess if I revised the title and the post to better reflect my disappointment, it woud've been better.
Sep 22, 2022 4:03 PM
Apr 2022
SaiyanGod_15 said:

Honestly. The hate threads are coming on after Lycoris Recoil has been dominating for 11 weeks. I would understand after week 3, but week 11? They just can’t stand a Chisato and Takina dominating the spotlight, an original anime only series that is more popular than shows that are even on their second season.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

446 by Prupel1 »»
Yesterday, 10:01 PM

» Is this yuri? ( 1 2 )

Jeje2020 - Feb 11, 2023

63 by UTSANOMIKO »»
Yesterday, 10:54 AM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

122 by six20 »»
Jun 8, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.