?
Yes
55.1%
No
44.9%
775 votes
Jan 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Jan 2020
With rumors going on that the ending will be turned into a movie, how well would the movie rank?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 10, 2022 8:23 PM

Sep 2019
Lol, no. Demon Slayer in Japan is super popular. Attack on titan can't beat it.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 10, 2022 8:25 PM

Jan 2020
Peeti said:
But aot isn’t???
Jan 10, 2022 8:27 PM

Sep 2019
AunixHOT said:
Peeti said:
But aot isn’t???
Aot is popular, not super popular.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 10, 2022 8:28 PM

Sep 2020
If AOT received enough screening worldwide then YES. Other then that KSY is super popular in Japan so there AOT can't beat it.
Jan 10, 2022 8:29 PM
Jul 2021
Rating-wise: maybe if they change the pacing since that’s the most common complaint about the ending. Profit-wise: hell no, it’s the highest grossing anime film by pretty far in both Japan and worldwide
Jan 10, 2022 8:30 PM

Nov 2021
In domestic collection NO

In Foreign collection HELL YEAH

Jan 10, 2022 8:30 PM

Jan 2020
Peeti said:
AunixHOT said:
But aot isn’t???
Considering they made actual statues of mikasa, eren and armin in japan i would think that its super popular. I dont think there are any demon slayer statues.
Jan 10, 2022 8:31 PM

Sep 2020
AunixHOT said:
Peeti said:
Considering they made actual statues of mikasa, eren and armin in japan i would think that its super popular. I dont think there are any demon slayer statues.
They also made Levi's Statue.
Jan 10, 2022 8:41 PM
May 2019
AunixHOT said:
With rumors going on that the ending will be turned into a movie, how well would the movie rank?

no. because the ending is bad according to some people.there's ending haters group in the fandom.
Jan 10, 2022 8:44 PM
Jul 2020
AunixHOT said:
Peeti said:
Not yet anyway. Demon Slayer is a completely unprecedented cultural phenomenon in Japan. It sold more copies in 2020 than any manga has ever sold in a single year by a huge margin. You can add together One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach’s sales in each of their best years and it would total about half of what Demon Slayer sold in 2020. It’s the 8th best selling manga of all time, the only one in the top 10 that started in the 21st century, and the shortest of the top 10 by quite a bit, meaning each individual volume of Demon Slayer has sold more than each volume of every other series in the top 10, including One Piece. Do I think it deserves all this success? No, while the anime’s production values make it worthy of the hype it gets, the manga’s nothing special. But it’s just a fact that it’s so popular now that Attack on Titan has no chance of beating it (by the way, AoT is the 15th best selling manga, with average sales of 2.94 million per volume compared to Demon Slayer’s 6.52)
Jan 10, 2022 8:44 PM
Jul 2021
I don't think we can really say whether it would be able to top Mugen Train but imo I highly doubt it
Jan 10, 2022 8:48 PM

Dec 2016
Not in a million years lol
Jan 10, 2022 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Mugen train had a lot of factors contributing to it's Box office earings. COVID season, lack of good movie during that year, the phenomenonal animation, ost, marketing, that unexpected ending, easy to understand plot. The best AoT could do will be close to Evengalion 3.0 Box office. That's an optimistic estimate at best. Even Fate HF 3 couldn't beat it.
Jan 10, 2022 8:58 PM
Dec 2021
Probability is never a zero
Jan 10, 2022 9:03 PM

Sep 2019
AunixHOT said:
Peeti said:
demon Slayer success is not in statues tho. It's record breaking.
Jan 10, 2022 9:04 PM
Apr 2020
In Japan: Hell no lmfao
Worldwide: For sure
Jan 10, 2022 9:08 PM
Mar 2018
demon slayer made 500 million world wide with about 350 of that being from japan I think attack on titan could make more internationally quite comfortably, but overall not a chance
Jan 10, 2022 9:10 PM
May 2017
No, the story at the end is trash. Pacing is way to fast making a movie means they won't add any details. So, the problem of the story stays.

Let's not forget the plot armor and event of the last chapters made the decision made while making the previous chapters pointless. Unless people look aside the writing problem and just enjoy it then it would have a chance. But Demon Slayer is way more popular than AOT.
Jan 10, 2022 9:10 PM

Jun 2016
Will it beat Mugen Train? Doubt it.

AOT manga currently has less sales than Demon Slayer, by ~50 mil. Manga's ending reception was not very good afaik. Mugen Train's sales are actually ridiculous. ~10 bil yen ahead 2nd place (20% or so), only other anime movies in the past decade that come close --- dont exist. Your Name and Weathering with you are the only things "close" Doraemon in 2014 is the next closest thing and it's not even half of Demon Slayer numbers. + Covid, less people going to theaters. Actual cheat code level numbers imo.

As much as I'd like to see another anime movie take that spot, I don't think it's possible unless there's some sort of insane global advertising campaign and international release.

---
Ranking? I think it'd easily rank top 30 in terms of highest grossing anime movies? I'd want to put it higher, but I haven't read it and idk how bad the ending actually is.
Jan 10, 2022 9:11 PM
Mar 2021
Obv lol.
It's hundred times better than KnY
Jan 10, 2022 9:12 PM
Feb 2017
Box office yes reviews heeeeeeell no
It's Aiko!!!!
Jan 10, 2022 9:15 PM

Feb 2019
Haha noo

ChitandaEru123 said:
Obv lol.
It's hundred times better than KnY

Just because it's better that doesn't mean it will beat it.
Jan 10, 2022 9:20 PM
Jun 2021
Box office collection wise maybe

Review wise maybe not because of the enlightened manga readers hater gang
Jan 10, 2022 9:22 PM
Jan 2019
Most probably it won't, because for demon slayer people had to watch only one season before the movie. But for AoT they have to watch all the four seasons before they watch the movie, and by the time the movie gets released most of the ppl probably wouldn't have caught up with the series.
Jan 10, 2022 9:24 PM
May 2021
No it can't demon slayer is the most popular in japan right now.
Jan 10, 2022 9:26 PM

Nov 2021
Hiro4ka11 said:
AunixHOT said:

no. because the ending is bad according to some people.there's ending haters group in the fandom.
doesn't matter , they're gonna watch it anyway lol

Jan 10, 2022 9:26 PM
Jul 2020
Peeti said:
AunixHOT said:
But aot isn’t???

You have a point but aot is more popular internationally.
Jan 10, 2022 9:31 PM

Dec 2016
Kazumasteals said:
Peeti said:

You will find that international market usually mean shit. People need to invest in the story first, you don't just watch the last movie of a franchise which most people don't. Only hardcore anime fans care about AoT at this point which not nearly enough make a movie to break box office record.
Jan 10, 2022 9:33 PM
Feb 2021
Y’all are tripping Demon Slayer sales 4x what AoT does
Jan 10, 2022 9:33 PM
Jan 2021
Peeti said:
Its super popular where it matters and that's USA
Jan 10, 2022 9:39 PM

Sep 2019
Kazumasteals said:
Peeti said:

dragon ball in 2018 was even more but it meant they crossed 100 million. Kny is too far to handle by international market.
ArethusaNY said:
Peeti said:
USA isn't everything muah.
Jan 10, 2022 9:44 PM
Jan 2021
Peeti said:
Kazumasteals said:

dragon ball in 2018 was even more but it meant they crossed 100 million. Kny is too far to handle by international market.
ArethusaNY said:
Japan isn't everything muah
Jan 10, 2022 9:46 PM

Dec 2016
ArethusaNY said:
Peeti said:

It does when Japan contribute almost 80% of manga and anime sale
Jan 10, 2022 9:58 PM

Sep 2020
ExaltedChampion said:
ArethusaNY said:

But if AOT get enough screening Worldwide or only US AOT will easily beat KNY.
Jan 10, 2022 10:04 PM

Dec 2016
ZXEAN said:
ExaltedChampion said:

But if AOT get enough screening Worldwide or only US AOT will easily beat KNY.

How many people gonna go see the movie? Screening doesn't matter if there no one go see it. It been the last movie of a franchise especially is a big turn off for a lot of people since you need prior investment before seeing it first. SO what you left with is the AoT fans which isn't enough to break any record unless they all rewatch the movie 10 times. Anime movie like this only attract anime fans in the US and even that it won't even attract casula fans.
Jan 10, 2022 10:12 PM
Jan 2021
Do people understand the popularity difference between AOT and DS? DS owns japan, yes it owns a country, AOT as proven agai n and again, is internationally the most popular anime, its the only anime that is viewed by non anime watchers. It's the only anime in the Guinness world record as the most popular anime worldwide. A movie, would own DS globally. And definitely beat it's bix box office. This weeks episode had more then 2m concurrent tweets. DS hype episode was also airing...and the difference was world's apart
Jan 10, 2022 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
lol Demon Slayer is more popular in Japan than Attack on Titan and Japan is still the biggest market for Anime
Jan 10, 2022 10:22 PM

Sep 2020
deg said:
lol Demon Slayer is more popular in Japan than Attack on Titan and Japan is still the biggest market for Anime
It doesn't matter actually despite India being the biggest market for Bollywood the highest grossing Bollywood film is Dangal which earned 70% of it's profit from China.
Jan 10, 2022 10:24 PM
Dec 2021
Definitely a possibility! I wouldn’t say a hard no considering AoT is popular internationally. I mean servers were down when part 2 first aired. Idk how popular it is in Japan but whether it be a 6 months or a year, its international release wouldn’t be far behind the numbers of Demon Slayer. id love to see it beat those numbers! It would be after all, a movie of the ending, if we don’t get 131+ there’s some deaths and scenes lots of people would want to see animated plus the opportunity to see on the big screen. But yea a good chunk of numbers to beat Mugen are needed from Japan.
Jan 10, 2022 10:24 PM

Oct 2021
In the domestic box office, NO NO NO NO NO
In the international box office, YES YES YES YES YES
Jan 10, 2022 10:25 PM

Jan 2009
ZXEAN said:
deg said:
It doesn't matter actually despite India being the biggest market for Bollywood the highest grossing Bollywood film is Dangal which earned 70% of it's profit from China.

different situations my dude we are talking about Anime

Demon Slayer only have like what 150 million USD box office total on none japanese countries afaik, the majority of the box office profit came from Japan still
Jan 10, 2022 10:29 PM
Oct 2017
Considering that the movie that AoT potentially gets, is an adaptation of the ending, it would beat Mugen train in sales, but it’s gonna suck score-wise.
Jan 10, 2022 10:34 PM

Sep 2019
ArethusaNY said:
Peeti said:
my dear, Japan is the main market for movies. It's the hometown of anime.
Jan 10, 2022 10:36 PM

Sep 2019
ZXEAN said:
deg said:
how many indian movies get main source from china. Exceptional. Hone market is home market. China sure is big tho. Mugen tarin never got released in China as well.
Jan 10, 2022 10:37 PM

Dec 2016
Bloo_CS said:
Considering that the movie that AoT potentially gets, is an adaptation of the ending, it would beat Mugen train in sales, but it’s gonna suck score-wise.

You be surprise that most Western anime fans aren't that big on anime movie. Meanwhile AoT popularity in japan had already gone down so don't expect it will break KnY movie record.
Jan 10, 2022 10:56 PM

Sep 2020
deg said:
ZXEAN said:

different situations my dude we are talking about Anime

Demon Slayer only have like what 150 million USD box office total on none japanese countries afaik, the majority of the box office profit came from Japan still
It's just an example to let you know that in case of AOT thinks could be different.
Jan 10, 2022 10:59 PM

Sep 2020
Peeti said:
ZXEAN said:
how many indian movies get main source from china. Exceptional. Hone market is home market. China sure is big tho. Mugen tarin never got released in China as well.
AOT will also never get any screening in Chinan as its banded there. Anyway since AOT popularity is more worldwide things could turn out to be different this time who knows.
Jan 10, 2022 11:07 PM

Sep 2019
ZXEAN said:
Peeti said:
AOT will also never get any screening in Chinan as its banded there. Anyway since AOT popularity is more worldwide things could turn out to be different this time who knows.
dragon ball broly worldwide release box office is the final Target Aot can achieve imo.
Jan 10, 2022 11:13 PM

Sep 2020
Peeti said:
ZXEAN said:
dragon ball broly worldwide release box office is the final Target Aot can achieve imo.
I have no idea how big DB fanbase is plus knowing that AOT is current record holder for being the most in-demand anime TV show I came up with that conclusion that in case of AOT thinks could be different.
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/566455-most-in-demand-anime-tv-show
ZXEANJan 10, 2022 11:17 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who is the best wifu of all time ??? ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - Jun 22

54 by iamnotkartik »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

545 by LotteGiants »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

431 by LotteGiants »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 27, 2022

412 by LotteGiants »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

284 by LotteGiants »»
Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.