Forum Settings
Forums

Video Game 'Gensou Sangokushi' Gets TV Anime for Fall 2021

New
Jul 30, 2021 11:08 AM

Jan 2017
Taiwanese game developer UserJoy Technology announced a television anime adaptation of its Huanxiang Sanguozhi (Gensou Sangokushi or Fantasia Sango) role-playing game on Friday. The anime will air under the title Gensou Sangokushi: Tengen Reishinki in October 2021.

Synopsis
The story of Gensou Sangokushi: Tengen Reishinki is set during the Three Kingdoms period in China, where various warlords and their armies attempt to conquer and unify the nation. The struggles of these mighty martial heroes attracts the attention of the Mouryou King, the monstrous sovereign of evil spirits, who wishes to prolong the conflict and destroy the human world.

To oppose the evil of the Mouryou King, an organization called Tengen forms anti-Mouryou armies that do battle all over China, but when the 6th anti-Mouryou corps is suddenly wiped out, a rag-tag band of adventurers is gathered to replace them and to form the new 6th anti-Mouryou corps. (Source: Crunchyroll)

Cast
Ouki: Kensho Ono (RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida)
Shourei: Hisako Kanemoto (Ryuuou no Oshigoto!)
Shunkyou: Mai Nakahara (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Teiken: Makoto Furukawa (Dr. Stone)

Staff
Director: Shunsuke Machitani (Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yumei)
Assistant Director: Shinpei Nagai (Vatican Kiseki Chousakan)
Series Composition: Masashi Suzuki (Plunderer)
Character Design: CSPG, Tetsutarou Yui (Phantom in the Twilight animation director)
Color Design: Yuko Kanamaru (6HP (Six Hearts Princess))
Art Director: Emi Katanosaka (Kemono Jihen assistant art director)
Art Design: Morihito Oohara (Princess Principal)
Director of Photography: Shigeki Asakawa (Shadowverse)
Editing: Naoki Miyazaki (Idoly Pride)
CG Director: Rurika Miyashita (Beyblade Burst God CGI assistance)
Music: Tsutomu Tagashira
Sound Director: Yuuji Tange (Dagashi Kashi recording assistant)
Sound Effects: Maki Takuma (Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun)
Recording: Akira Sasaki (Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records)
Sound Production: Tohokushinsha
Studio: GEEK TOYS

UserJoy Technology released the first installment of the game in 2003. The role-playing game series is based on Luo Guanzhong's historical text Romance of The Three Kingdoms, combining it with typical fantasy elements. The series has sold a cumulative 2 million copies as of its fifth installment.

Official site: https://gensou-sangokushi.com/
Official Twitter: @gensou_3gokushi

Source: PR Times

Gensou Sangokushi: Tengen Reishinki on MAL
Kingsman117Aug 1, 2021 5:00 AM
Jul 30, 2021 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
THIS fall? Weird.
This is GEEK TOYS, which is D-Tier studio, so I expect literally nothing.

Jul 30, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 2021
Piromysl said:
THIS fall? Weird.

They are also doing date a live 4 that season
Just watch anime instead of looking at forums
Jul 30, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2015
Clobbopus said:
Piromysl said:
THIS fall? Weird.

They are also doing date a live 4 that season

And that's what is killing my hype. What they did to Plunderer is unforgivable.

Jul 30, 2021 11:29 AM

Apr 2012
Has anyone played this? I'm not familiar with this franchise (?), but the poster looks pretty generic.
Jul 30, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
Has anyone played this? I'm not familiar with this franchise (?), but the poster looks pretty generic.
It definitely looks generic. Use Google Translate for this: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B9%BB%E6%83%B3%E4%B8%89%E5%9B%BD%E5%BF%97

Setting aside that GEEK TOYS is doing this, the original game is a 2003 RPG for God's sake, and this game is only released in Chinese Asian countries like China and Taiwan. Even as a true blue Asian, I'm hearing this title for the very first time, only heard this when I was young but didn't care too much for it.

Either way, gonna have to see the PV for this one, still very cautious. It's damn obvious that The Romance of the Three Kingdoms influence is heavy on this one.
Jul 30, 2021 3:26 PM

Mar 2020
Piromysl said:

What they did to Plunderer is unforgivable.

Interesting what they did with Plunderer if you dont mind sharing that is?
Jul 30, 2021 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
AnimeFA78N said:
Piromysl said:

What they did to Plunderer is unforgivable.

Long story short, they butchered the adaptation. Awful animation, horrible pacing and literally the worst comedy I've seen in anime ever.

Jul 30, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2020
Piromysl said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Long story short, they butchered the adaptation. Awful animation, horrible pacing and literally the worst comedy I've seen in anime ever.

Man another Manga suffered this .........
Jul 30, 2021 3:31 PM

Mar 2020
Also i noticed something when it comes to Game Based Anime Adaption they dont exactly have the best record to say atleast
Jul 30, 2021 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
RobertBobert said:
It definitely looks generic. Use Google Translate for this: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B9%BB%E6%83%B3%E4%B8%89%E5%9B%BD%E5%BF%97

Setting aside that GEEK TOYS is doing this, the original game is a 2003 RPG for God's sake, and this game is only released in Chinese Asian countries like China and Taiwan. Even as a true blue Asian, I'm hearing this title for the very first time, only heard this when I was young but didn't care too much for it.

Either way, gonna have to see the PV for this one, still very cautious. It's damn obvious that The Romance of the Three Kingdoms influence is heavy on this one.

Hmm, as I see it, this epic is really extremely popular among the Chinese and Japanese.
Jul 30, 2021 7:34 PM
Dec 2017
another day another flop waiting to happen.

Jul 30, 2021 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:
THIS fall? Weird.

Geek toys did a good job animating Date a Bullet which I watched a month ago, and yet you say "D-tier" anime

Silver Link, Lerche, and TMS are worse, they made their anime dull
Jul 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Jul 2015
SC__Anderson said:
Piromysl said:
THIS fall? Weird.

Geek toys did a good job animating Date a Bullet which I watched a month ago, and yet you say "D-tier" anime

Well, that's some shit take.
You are going to tell me, that GT is decent studio, just because they manager to make an OVA episode, which was carried by well written character anyway?

Jul 30, 2021 10:51 PM

Sep 2020
SC__Anderson said:
Piromysl said:
THIS fall? Weird.

Your list is full of harem shit watch some good anime bro.

And your are saying TMS is worst . They made Fruit basket , Relife , Dr Stone and it seem you haven't watched any of those.

Same goes for Lerche go watch Assassination Classroom .

At last Silver link I haven't watched any worth mentioning anime but they are doing good job with My next life as a Villeness.

And yes , GEEK TOYS is a F-tier studio.
ZXEANJul 30, 2021 10:59 PM
Jul 30, 2021 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
Zean_9435 said:
SC__Anderson said:

Your list is full of harem shit watch some good anime bro.

And your are saying TMS is worst . They made Fruit basket , Relife , Dr Stone and it seem you haven't watched any of those.

Same goes for Lerche go watch Assassination Classroom .

At last Silver link I haven't watched any worth mentioning anime but they are doing good job with My next life as a Villeness.

And yes , GEEK TOYS is a F-tier studio.

Yeah right, IDC. Fruits Basket The Final, I dropped after Ep 2 I couldn't get over with the way Tooru was shy to tell the truth to Shigure.

Lerche didn't do good with Bahamut Chronicle, and Silver Link butchered Failed Knight
Jul 30, 2021 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:
SC__Anderson said:

Well, that's some shit take.
You are going to tell me, that GT is decent studio, just because they manager to make an OVA episode, which was carried by well written character anyway?

I'd be questioned as well why DaB is 24 and 29 min. respectively but in that case, I still find it good in some way
Jul 31, 2021 1:59 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
KANLen09 said:

Hmm, as I see it, this epic is really extremely popular among the Chinese and Japanese.
Not exactly the Japanese side, it's more towards the Chinese.
Jul 31, 2021 4:43 AM

May 2015
Director of Photography: Shigeki Asakawa (Shadowverse

Already expecting this to be either unnecessarily heavily filtered or blurred as hell.

This one has a really daft habit of butchering good sakuga. Heavily blurring distortions, fast motion, and the like when it's unnecessary. Everything that this one composited in MAPPA and Brain's Base looked shit and had wasted tons of epic sakuga.

If this one happens to have a handful of it (but I ain't expecting anything from GEEKTOYS at this point), well it's already fucked lmao.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Jul 31, 2021 5:55 PM

May 2018
Genshin Impact and Arknights anime when? Genshin Impact is very popular among the Japanese.
Aug 1, 2021 4:04 AM

Feb 2019
In the time it took me to scroll down to here I forgot the synopsis and poster. That speaks for itself.
Well I for one already loved Lain.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
17 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.