Forum Settings
Forums

'Re-Main' Reveals Supporting Cast Members, Summer 2021 Premiere

New
May 9, 2021 9:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website for the Re-Main original television anime revealed three supporting cast members and the first key visual (pictured) on Monday. The anime is scheduled to premiere on July 4 at 1:30 a.m. on TV Asahi's NUMAnimation programming block.

Cast
Riku Momosaki: Yuuma Uchida (Shakunetsu Kabaddi)
Keita Kakihana: Taku Yashiro (Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu)
Kouki Toguchi: Shun Miyazato (Capeta)

Masafumi Nishida (Tiger & Bunny) is directing and credited as the creator, scriptwriter, series composer, and sound director. Kiyoshi Matsuda (Kakegurui××) is co-directing the anime with Nishida at animation studio MAPPA.

Shiho Tanaka (Banana Fish chief animation director) is designing the characters, and Kana Utakane (Yama no Susume: Third Season opening theme arrangement) is composing the music.

Source: Comic Natalie
ImperfectBlueMay 9, 2021 10:28 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 9, 2021 9:23 PM

Apr 2012
I doubt it will have the same great animation and direction as Free, but I'm already a little curious about what it ends up with. Especially considering that the "showrunner" is a man.
May 10, 2021 12:04 AM

Apr 2016
I checked the character cast, and it seems there is one, literally one female character in it .. i hope the VA won't receive death threats as it is custom with shows like these for being "in the way".
May 10, 2021 3:19 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Would watch this if only this were about battle fantasy or fighting to the death type of anime.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Dec 2020
Swagernator said:
I checked the character cast, and it seems there is one, literally one female character in it .. i hope the VA won't receive death threats as it is custom with shows like these for being "in the way".

never heard this. did you make it up?
May 10, 2021 7:23 AM

Sep 2020
Please don't be a BL anime , although I am not going to watch it but still I may think about putting it into my PTWL if it doesn't turn out to be BL
May 10, 2021 8:04 AM
Jun 2020
Swagernator said:

Wait what? I need some context
May 10, 2021 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Zean_9435 said:
Please don't be a BL anime , although I am not going to watch it but still I may think about putting it into my PTWL if it doesn't turn out to be BL

why is that such a huge problem for you?
May 10, 2021 8:32 AM

Nov 2015
johizo said:
Zean_9435 said:

Maybe @Zean_9435 is gayphobic
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 10, 2021 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Old_School_Akira said:
johizo said:

okay, I will rephrase the question - why is homoeroticism a problem for them?
May 10, 2021 8:52 AM

Apr 2016
Zean_9435 said:

It has a female character that has a connection to the MC so most probably a side love interest outside of story plot right there so not a BL, you can safely watch it if BL bothers you that much.
May 10, 2021 9:00 AM

Sep 2020
johizo said:
Zean_9435 said:

No reason actually , it's my personal preference , everyone likes and dislike something it's human nature bro
May 10, 2021 9:03 AM

Sep 2020
Swagernator said:
Zean_9435 said:

It has a female character that has a connection to the MC so most probably a side love interest outside of story plot right there so not a BL, you can safely watch it if BL bothers you that much.
I see , Let's see how it's turn out then
May 10, 2021 9:06 AM

Sep 2020
Old_School_Akira said:
johizo said:

Not completely true , I have no grudge against them I just don't like watching BL in anime and other media ,
May 10, 2021 11:08 AM

Dec 2020
Zean_9435 said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Not completely true , I have no grudge against them I just don't like watching BL in anime and other media ,

i too assume every anime is bl and then cry about it. in public. this is a normal thing i do.
May 10, 2021 11:18 AM

Sep 2020
doily said:
Zean_9435 said:

i too assume every anime is bl and then cry about it. in public. this is a normal thing i do.
I am not interested in hearing your personal problems , thank you
May 10, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2016
haha waterpolo! These niche sports will never run out. Fieldhockey, luge, nordic combined, triple jump, handball, weightlifting....

But this season's show about kabaddi has to be the nichest of the niche sports.
May 10, 2021 2:51 PM
May 2007
Nice eye candy visual. Thank you, MAPPA. I hope the only heroine is decent.
May 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
Basically Sk8 but now water polo. I do like that this is the first original water polo anime if I'm not mistaken.
May 10, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 2019
Zean_9435 said:

These team sports shows are never BL, so I don't know why you're bringing it up. Do you worry every show featuring attractive guys is BL?
May 11, 2021 4:51 AM

Apr 2009
doily said:
Swagernator said:

He did lol, female characters are a stable in sport anime/these types of shows. Most of them are liked, even.

May 11, 2021 6:25 AM

Apr 2016
MrEtchaSketch said:

Its mostly on Japanese twitter, you wont find any here, people from western fandoms barely know something like that is happening only if it blows up to ridiculous proportions like with the Tokyo Ghoul.
May 11, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2017
Another Bishounen sport to capitalize on Tokyo Olympics I see.

It's like Kuroko no Basket but water polo and not BL levels of Free! (I hope).
May 11, 2021 11:32 AM

Dec 2020
Jin_uzuki said:
doily said:

He did lol, female characters are a stable in sport anime/these types of shows. Most of them are liked, even.

yeah i thought it smelled like baloney.

Swagernator said:
MrEtchaSketch said:

Its mostly on Japanese twitter, you wont find any here,

oh ok. could you point us to news coverage?

Swagernator said:
people from western fandoms barely know something like that is happening only if it blows up to ridiculous proportions like with the Tokyo Ghoul.

yeah, i still don't know what you're referring to.
May 11, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2016
KANLen09 said:
Another Bishounen sport to capitalize on Tokyo Olympics I see.

Oh right i completely forgot that the postponed Olympics are happening this year, hmm but i think this was in production way before. But a good hunch anyway.
May 11, 2021 12:37 PM

Jan 2020
I'm a sucker for seasonal sports anime. I hope they nail the animation because I have high expectations for MAPPA-animated sports anime, especially after seeing Yuri on Ice. It's also an anime original, so I'll keep my expectations low. I'm excited nonetheless!
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 11, 2021 3:37 PM
Jan 2021
I love how this one is just seen as a harmless, probably fujobait, anime, while the other one (Yas*k*) is perceived as a blatant attempt of americanizing the Japanese anime industry.

Hannatach said:
haha waterpolo! These niche sports will never run out. Fieldhockey, luge, nordic combined, triple jump, handball, weightlifting....

But this season's show about kabaddi has to be the nichest of the niche sports.
Now I want to see a board spinning anime XD
May 11, 2021 8:18 PM
Mar 2021
Zean_9435 said:

I will pray that it’s BL just to piss of ignorant homophobic straight guys like you! Stop making all straight men look bad. Also you literally watched LOVE STAGE which is a BL you dumb?
May 11, 2021 8:45 PM

Sep 2020
TokenBoy8 said:
Zean_9435 said:

I will pray that it’s BL just to piss of ignorant homophobic straight guys like you! Stop making all straight men look bad. Also you literally watched LOVE STAGE which is a BL you dumb?

Why are you getting triggered , I just don't want this anime to be like free that's all , I have no ill intention whatsoever ,

Yaa I have see love stage , it might be my 5th or 6th anime in general , at that time I use to complete every anime which I start watching , Love stage looked more like a rom com between a boy and a girl , the mc was literally a girl with no boobi and with a pp just like Ruka from stains gate
https://myanimelist.net/character/30919/Ruka_Urushibara
If a Ruka spin off romance anime comes out I will definitely watch it , see I am not a homophobic at all ,
May 20, 2021 2:52 AM

Sep 2016
Looks like it will be bl, so it will be unwatchable for me. Enjoy everyone else, I am out.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.