Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 24, 2021 12:42 AM
May 2019
The domain has just been registered for a movie about Jujutsu Kaisen, so for those hoping that Map was freer for part 2, I really don't think it will. To me the animations of this season have gone just fine, I do the post just to anticipate who will make a tragedy of it
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2021 12:55 AM

Jul 2019
Don't forget Chainsaw man, Mappa is fucking suicidal.
Mar 24, 2021 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
the animation was okay, season is still great. I'm honestly more hyped for JJK movie than AoT s4 p2. The problem is how will they do Chainsaw Man at this rate unless it is done in 2023 or something.
Mar 24, 2021 2:48 AM

Mar 2021
Wait , we're getting a JJK movie ? Yep Part 2 is gonna look like shit .

shoelacewaxMar 24, 2021 2:57 AM
Mar 24, 2021 2:57 AM
Mar 2020
It's not yet confirmed about the jjk movie( some leakers said that it's probably going to be a sequel rather than a movie), although couldn't care less about it, all I have in my mind at the moment is AOT s4p2..
Mar 24, 2021 3:22 AM

Jan 2020
Reminder: Different teams work on different projects. They might have common people working on both at the same time, but not everyone, that'd be a mess. We also have no information about release dates, but I don't think MAPPA will have anything scheduled before 2022. They have already been taking on many projects and they have announced the adaptation of Chainsaw man.
Then again, it's MAPPA and their work ethics are questionable, so we never know what they could do.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 24, 2021 3:38 AM
Aug 2017
Well i dont think it can get any worse than it already is.
Mar 24, 2021 3:50 AM
Aug 2017
Madlaad said:

if you think that this is the worst anime can be then you clearly havent seen enough anime lmao.

Mar 24, 2021 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
Simple, they will prioritize Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man as their golden children, and abandon AOT who is actually an adopted child XD
Mar 24, 2021 4:03 AM
Aug 2017
the main problem with this season of aot is that they did not have enough time. the result of not enough time is that not enough freelancers want to work on the anime(why would you want to work on an anime that gives you no time to do what you want and pressures you to finish quicker for not enough money). most of the people that work on jjk are freelancers and not inhouse staff. so if we they get more time to animate, more people will want to work on it and that will result on a better part 2.
even the inhouse staff are split into teams so it does not really matter if the same team that did the jjk season one does the jjk movie.

only problem with that is that they might not have any good directors or storyboarders for the csm but we have to wait and see. we do not have enough hints about the production of csm.
Mar 24, 2021 4:04 AM
Jul 2018
Lguanlin92 said:
Simple, they will prioritize Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man as their golden children, and abandon AOT who is actually an adopted child XD

The truth has been spoken, anyone expecting something else, just keep expecting cuz this is what gonna happen.
Mar 24, 2021 4:04 AM

Jan 2009
BuT MaPpA 2oO GoAt EmPlOyEeS!
Mar 24, 2021 4:09 AM
Mar 2021
LOL forget it guys since the start this show is just shit, I'm more excited about JJK movie than shit aot finals season part 2
Mar 24, 2021 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
BuT MaPpA 2oO GoAt EmPlOyEeS!

ye "MaPpA hAs SaVeD 2020" now on the way to save 2021.
Mar 24, 2021 4:17 AM
Mar 2021
dont expect jjk level of quality for snk part 2 and now that a potential movie for jjk is announced yeah 116-123 is gonna be a cgshitshow.
Mar 24, 2021 4:20 AM

Jul 2019
Madlaad said:

Don't jinx it, it could be A LOT worse
Mar 24, 2021 4:21 AM
Aug 2017
GrdMysterion said:
Madlaad said:

if you think that this is the worst anime can be then you clearly havent seen enough anime lmao.

Yes i haven't but this was certainly worst aot season tho
Mar 24, 2021 4:25 AM
Mar 2021
Madlaad said:
GrdMysterion said:

yeah i agree the characters and story is carrying this season but the the blind fanboys keep prasing CRAPPA for their abysmal animation.
Mar 24, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
alexa_78 said:
Madlaad said:

yeah i agree the characters and story is carrying this season but the the blind fanboys keep prasing CRAPPA for their abysmal animation.
I don't think you have seen bad animation if you think this is abysmal. Go watch Arifureta or Berserk to see the worst animation.
Mar 24, 2021 4:26 AM

Jan 2009
"give up on your dreams and die" - Levi
Mar 24, 2021 4:28 AM
Mar 2021
Xsadersadd said:
alexa_78 said:
I don't think you have seen bad animation if you think this is abysmal. Go watch Arifureta or Berserk to see the worst animation.
Xsadersadd said:
alexa_78 said:
yeah i agree the characters and story is carrying this season but the the blind fanboys keep praising CRAPPA for their abysmal animation.
I don't think you have seen bad animation if you think this is abysmal.
lol it may not be on par with berserk 2016,7DS3 or ex arm levels of animation its still pretty bad
Mar 24, 2021 4:31 AM
Aug 2017
Xsadersadd said:
alexa_78 said:

i never said that it is not the worst aot season in terms of animations, but abysmal is a bit too much. i feel like you guys are the complete opposite of what you call crappa fanboys. stop being little princesses and stop complaining about everything. if this is for you a 1/10 adaptation and animation quality then you have to start watching more stuff. just because it is worse it does not mean that it is bad.
Jul 2018
alexa_78 said:
Xsadersadd said:
Xsadersadd said:
I don't think you have seen bad animation if you think this is abysmal.
lol it may not be on par with berserk 2016,7DS3 or ex arm levels of animation its still pretty bad

This season might have the worst animation among all seasons, but still mentioning it in the same sentence as those, that's a big insult dude.
removed-userMar 24, 2021 4:35 AM

Jan 2018
Why post it here? I don't give a shit about jujutsu kaisen so I couldn't care less about how many animators it has.
Mar 24, 2021 4:34 AM
Aug 2017
Thorf said:
Why post it here? I don't give a shit about jujutsu kaisen so I couldn't care less about how many animators it has.

hey guys lets talk about jjk in a aot forum... shhhh xD
this is sadly the normal and we have to wait for this to be deleted
Mar 24, 2021 4:39 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

Worst aot season perhaps, but that doesn't mean it deserves a 1/10, which on your scale means it is equal to fairy tail and SAO.

That score is due to blind fanboys eating anything
Mar 24, 2021 4:43 AM
Apr 2017
Mappa is killing their staff and anime franchise, and some people still defending them and keep saying "Thank you Mappa"

they should say "Thank you Mappa for killing your staff"
Mar 24, 2021 4:46 AM
Mar 2021
Yazan_Aot said:
Mappa is killing their staff and anime franchise, and some people still defending them and keep saying "Thank you Mappa"

casuals will eat anything that is thrown at them,they dont give a crap about the well being of the staff.
Mar 24, 2021 4:48 AM
Aug 2017
Mappa really putting effort in every other anime Except aot nothing new. They are adaptating just for the sake of adaptation its not like they care about it or anything coz if they did they wouldn't have taken it given the time constraints.
Just like other studios, would've rejected this project. You can actually see the hardwork put into animating jjk . Aot is garbage compared to jjk. Look at levi vs beast titan absolutely horrendous. The one who put them under such time constraints is to blame and that guy certainly doesn't care about aot at all. And these blind fanboys eating up even this garbage.
Mar 24, 2021 4:51 AM
Aug 2017
Xsadersadd said:
alexa_78 said:

Ari whatever and berserk didn't have 3 seasons with decent animation and epic sakuga to begin with.
Mar 24, 2021 5:14 AM

Oct 2020
Lguanlin92 said:
Yeah this is true they will definitely place more importance on Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man as their golden children than having to think about adopted children XD
Mar 24, 2021 5:25 AM
Jul 2019
Yazan_Aot said:

where were ur concerns when wit did the same, y'all didn't care coz y'all care abt animation not animators
Mar 24, 2021 5:37 AM
Jun 2020
Sage_Path_Asahi said:
Yazan_Aot said:

where were ur concerns when wit did the same, y'all didn't care coz y'all care abt animation not animators
Sage_Path_Asahi said:
Yazan_Aot said:

Sage_Path_Asahi said:
Yazan_Aot said:

you just splitting the fact.
Mar 24, 2021 5:38 AM
Feb 2014
They have already 3 anime for 2021 + chainsaw man + yuri on ice movie + rumored jjk movie/sequel. How on earth do you expect aot part 2 to happen and look like with this schedule. On 2020 they had 7 animes + ovas and they still took AoT. It really is like McDonalds of anime industry.
Mar 24, 2021 5:40 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

That score is due to blind fanboys eating anything

You can't just score a show based solely on it's fans. That means you are not even scoring the show, you are scoring the fanbase.

Yes I'm, also i was very dissapointed by everything in the fs, had given it 10 before ep 6 was released. that ep made it 1 for me. Animation wise that is. The story is goat
Mar 24, 2021 5:54 AM

Jul 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Lguanlin92 said:
Yeah this is true they will definitely place more importance on Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man as their golden children than having to think about adopted children XD

As someone who loves both AOT and Chainsaw Man to death, I don't know to be sad or happy about that lmaooo.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Mar 24, 2021 6:04 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

Yes I'm, also i was very dissapointed by everything in the fs, had given it 10 before ep 6 was released. that ep made it 1 for me. Animation wise that is. The story is goat

I don't know a single episode could reduce a show's overall rating to a '1'. You already saw that the show would heavily use CGI in episode 1 anyway, so why didn't you drop it there and then.

Ep 1 was decent plus i was really hyped at that time. I was expecting cgi but not for fucking scouts too. Cgi At was very bad. Been waiting for attackbon marley for 3 years. Seeing that horrendous cgi at left a very bad taste in my mouth. I had to tkake it out somewhere hence 1 score. And now i think i did the right thing. Levi vs bt wasn't even medicore. I already know the story so i was only waiting for some hype scenes to be animated. And seeing the treatment it got. It really is 1 out of 10 in my books according to aot standards.
Mar 24, 2021 6:43 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

Ep 1 was decent plus i was really hyped at that time. I was expecting cgi but not for fucking scouts too. Cgi At was very bad. Been waiting for attackbon marley for 3 years. Seeing that horrendous cgi at left a very bad taste in my mouth. I had to tkake it out somewhere hence 1 score. And now i think i did the right thing. Levi vs bt wasn't even medicore. I already know the story so i was only waiting for some hype scenes to be animated. And seeing the treatment it got. It really is 1 out of 10 in my books according to aot standards.

You know there were CGI scouts in S3 Part 2 right.

CGI, and bad CGI at that, wasn't that uncommon in Attack on Titan. Whether that be the CGI scouts and horses or the colossal titan, and while I would have preferred no CGI titans in this season, this is the product that was made and I will judge it on it's own merits.

For instance, compared to plenty of shows where CGI interacts with the 2D environment, including Overlord 2 which has dreadful 3D models and you curiously gave a 10, they are quite natural.

Additionally it isn't as if all the animation is bad, for instance check this clip from episode 7 (which you didn't watch) which probably has the best animation of all the episodes.

Only someone deranged lunatic could look at that clip and give it a 1, regardless of what your hopes were for the scene, it captures the tone of AOT incredibly well, the soundtrack is great, it is incredibly detailed and has fantastic animation to boot.

I didn't notice any cgi scouts in s3 it probably minimal and not on a large scale like cgi fucking floch,jean,connie and mikasa. i dont care about any overlord using cgi. I wasn't watching it for action and simply didn't care i do t even remember what the fuck happened in overlord. I would be mad if naruto used cgi for every fucking tailed beasts. I dont know how you didn't find anything wrong with that clip. Because i find that jaw titan extremely jaring especially after looking at the one in the trailer. Yeah that definitely wasn't 1 but 6 for me go and watch jjk to see how good it could have looked. That didn't change the fact that ep 6 was 1 and trash. Only deranged lunatic would give this season a 10 after seeing ep 10 and levi vs beast titan in the latest ep.
MadlaadMar 24, 2021 6:49 AM
Mar 24, 2021 7:07 AM
Feb 2020
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

I didn't notice any cgi scouts in s3 and i dont care about any overlord using cgi. I wasn't watching it for action and simply didn't care i do t even remember what the fuck happened in overlord. I would be mad if naruto used cgi for every fucking tailed beasts. I dont know how you didn't find anything wrong with that clip. Because i find that jaw titan extremely jaring especially after looking at the one in the trailer. Yeah that definitely wasn't 1 but 6 for me. That didn't change the fact that ep 6 was 1 and trash. Only deranged lunatic would give this season a 10 after seeing ep 10 and levi vs beast titan in the latest ep.

1. Why even give Overlord a 10/10 if you can't remember a single thing from the show. Like-wise, why give Attack on Titan a 1/10, when you say the story is GOAT.

2. You say 'only deranged lunatic would give this season a 10 after seeing ep 10 and levi vs beast titan in the latest ep'. However, it is even more deranged that someone would lower their score for the entire season, because of a fight that you labelled in a previous comment as 'not even mediocre'.

Answer to all of these: You care about animation and animation alone. (Overlord 2 excluded)

yo let this guy have his opinion lmao
Mar 24, 2021 7:10 AM

Jul 2020
Madlaad said:
Kami-sama-- said:

You know there were CGI scouts in S3 Part 2 right.

CGI, and bad CGI at that, wasn't that uncommon in Attack on Titan. Whether that be the CGI scouts and horses or the colossal titan, and while I would have preferred no CGI titans in this season, this is the product that was made and I will judge it on it's own merits.

For instance, compared to plenty of shows where CGI interacts with the 2D environment, including Overlord 2 which has dreadful 3D models and you curiously gave a 10, they are quite natural.

Additionally it isn't as if all the animation is bad, for instance check this clip from episode 7 (which you didn't watch) which probably has the best animation of all the episodes.

Only someone deranged lunatic could look at that clip and give it a 1, regardless of what your hopes were for the scene, it captures the tone of AOT incredibly well, the soundtrack is great, it is incredibly detailed and has fantastic animation to boot.

I didn't notice any cgi scouts in s3 it probably minimal and not on a large scale like cgi fucking floch,jean,connie and mikasa. i dont care about any overlord using cgi. I wasn't watching it for action and simply didn't care i do t even remember what the fuck happened in overlord. I would be mad if naruto used cgi for every fucking tailed beasts. I dont know how you didn't find anything wrong with that clip. Because i find that jaw titan extremely jaring especially after looking at the one in the trailer. Yeah that definitely wasn't 1 but 6 for me go and watch jjk to see how good it could have looked. That didn't change the fact that ep 6 was 1 and trash. Only deranged lunatic would give this season a 10 after seeing ep 10 and levi vs beast titan in the latest ep.

Question, I understand the dissatisfaction in the Levi vs Beast titan fight in episode 14 but what were the problems that you had with episode 10?
Zackack99Mar 24, 2021 7:21 AM
Mar 24, 2021 7:18 AM
Jul 2019
I'm not on JJK hype train anyway, I found it to be a bang average shounen.

I'll be looking forward to AOT more at least, even with the animation problems the story and characters are interesting.
Mar 24, 2021 7:20 AM
Dec 2020
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

You know there were CGI scouts in S3 Part 2 right. Check the timecodes 0:40, 3:24, 3:30. You can see them in the background with blank expressions. I will admit it is certainly less out in the open as in Season 4, but to say that the fact there were CGI scouts was a breaking point for you while dismissing the fact that they did it previous seasons, then that truly isn't a logical argument.

there is a difference when they are riding horses or when the scouts with their odm are cgi just like mikasa, jean and Connie. Just everything in this season is subpar in comparison to previous seasons
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Mar 24, 2021 7:20 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

I didn't notice any cgi scouts in s3 and i dont care about any overlord using cgi. I wasn't watching it for action and simply didn't care i do t even remember what the fuck happened in overlord. I would be mad if naruto used cgi for every fucking tailed beasts. I dont know how you didn't find anything wrong with that clip. Because i find that jaw titan extremely jaring especially after looking at the one in the trailer. Yeah that definitely wasn't 1 but 6 for me. That didn't change the fact that ep 6 was 1 and trash. Only deranged lunatic would give this season a 10 after seeing ep 10 and levi vs beast titan in the latest ep.

1. Why even give Overlord a 10/10 if you can't remember a single thing from the show. Like-wise, why give Attack on Titan a 1/10, when you say the story is GOAT.

2. You say 'only deranged lunatic would give this season a 10 after seeing ep 10 and levi vs beast titan in the latest ep'. However, it is even more deranged that someone would lower their score for the entire season, because of a fight that you labelled in a previous comment as 'not even mediocre'.

Answer to all of these: You care about animation and animation alone. (Overlord 2 excluded)

I gave overlord a 10 back in 2018. At that time i didn't even know wtf cgi is
You want me lower the score for overlord just lemme know. And i told you i was not overly interested in overlord and i wasn't watching it for action. That deranged lunatic part was a just a counter for you calling me one. The story definitely is 10. No i don't only care about animation. I only do that for aot. I see people complaining about cgi in rezero and im like wtf are they on about? Same when i visit aots s2 forum. However im very passionate about aot. Seeing trash animation for levi vs beast titans just doesn't sit well with me. And imho its 1. Even if the story is goat the adaptation is 1.
Mar 24, 2021 7:23 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

You know there were CGI scouts in S3 Part 2 right. Check the timecodes 0:40, 3:24, 3:30. You can see them in the background with blank expressions. I will admit it is certainly less out in the open as in Season 4, but to say that the fact there were CGI scouts was a breaking point for you while dismissing the fact that they did it previous seasons, then that truly isn't a logical argument.

I've watched that scene like 1000 times and still didn't find anything wrong with it. Those cgi scouts appeared for like 1 second? I was too busy looking at glorious 2d beast titan
Mar 24, 2021 7:27 AM
Aug 2017
Zackack99 said:
Madlaad said:

Question, I understand the dissatisfaction in the Levi vs Beast titan fight in episode 14 but what were the problems that you had with episode 10?

I meant 6 my bad haven't even watched ep10
Mar 24, 2021 7:29 AM
Jul 2019
Madlaad said:
Kami-sama-- said:

I've watched that scene like 1000 times and still didn't find anything wrong with it. Those cgi scouts appeared for like 1 second? I was too busy looking at glorious 2d beast titan

This is what good CGI is. It's done in a way you don't actually focus that much on it and masked by the scene, not thrown directly in your face like this season.
Mar 24, 2021 7:32 AM
Dec 2020
Kami-sama-- said:
[
You know there were CGI scouts in S3 Part 2 right. I will admit it is certainly less out in the open as in Season 4, but to say that the fact there were CGI scouts was a breaking point for you while dismissing the fact that they did it previous seasons, then that truly isn't a logical argument.

I think what he means to say is that while there were CGI scouts, they never took the centerstage, unlike this season. I did not expect Mikasa's entrance after 5 episodes of wait to be half CGI. It's pretty decent CGI, most people won't tell that it's CGI unless they look hard, but I can. It's all good CGI. But Attack on Titan fans will compare what they have now to what they had before. Even more because of the studio change. And what we have now, especially in terms of ODM gear, is a giant downgrade.

That scene from episode 7... Apart from the explosion, which looks stunning, everything else is just... decent. Definitely not a 1 though. A similar scene to compare would be... Jean, Mikasa, Sasha, Connie and Hange vs Reiner in S3P2. I don't think it'll take an expert to tell which has superior animation.

All this is not really affecting my enjoyment of experiencing the story. But it will affect my enjoyment when I rewatch the series, because as viewers, we tend to notice things we didn't on our second watch, and catch even more details, at which point the difference becomes really clear, even more so, if someone decides to binge watch the entire thing from season 1.
Mar 24, 2021 7:36 AM
Dec 2020
Kami-sama-- said:
yaegerist-15 said:
there is a difference when they are riding horses or when the scouts with their odm are cgi just like mikasa, jean and Connie. Just everything in this season is subpar in comparison to previous seasons

Yeah that's the thing, the production this time is understandably subpar (except the backgrounds sometimes) and I practically agree with you guys.

However, a subpar production is not the same as a garbage production.

Up until the first episode people were expecting the production to be dogshit, However, it ended up being subpar. Those same people are now angry that it is subpar saying how disappointed they are in it. How can you be disappointed in something that came out better than you expected it to be.

Though that's the internet for you I guess, always complaining, never being rational.
no I didn’t expect it to be this bad. They announced that the Titan shifters will be cgi and I made my peace with that. Then I got disappointed with scouts in cgi in liberio. Levi was 2d and I thought they would do the forest fight justice just to get more disappointed. What a waste of the source material, could be so good. And you can’t compare it with berserk. We had 3 seasons of good quality just to get this shitpile of a adaption in the last season
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Mar 24, 2021 7:37 AM
Aug 2017
Kami-sama-- said:
Madlaad said:

I gave overlord a 10 back in 2018. At that time i didn't even know wtf cgi is
You want me lower the score for overlord just lemme know. And i told you i was not overly interested in overlord and i wasn't watching it for action. That deranged lunatic part was a just a counter for you calling me one. The story definitely is 10. No i don't only care about animation. I only do that for aot. I see people complaining about cgi in rezero and im like wtf are they on about? Same when i visit aots s2 forum. However im very passionate about aot. Seeing trash animation for levi vs beast titans just doesn't sit well with me. And imho its 1. Even if the story is goat the adaptation is 1.

Understandable man, I was just messing with ya.

Ay yo i wasn't expecting an understandable conclusions. Yeah, good man, glad this was somewhat civil disscussion.
Mar 24, 2021 7:50 AM

Jul 2020
Madlaad said:
Zackack99 said:

I meant 6 my bad haven't even watched ep10

Oh I see, well in my opinion I thought that MAPPA did the Eren getting angry at Hange scene pretty good

For the full scene:

But that's just my opinion
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.