Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2021 9:14 AM

Jun 2014
Rudy and Eris run into a Superd, and it looks like he isn't as terrifying and everyone makes them out to be. Ruijerd seems like a decent guy and is even going to help them get home. It was also cool to see Roxy's hometown and meet her parents.

"May I call you father-in-law?"

"No."

"Right!"

Idk why that was so funny to me lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2021 9:16 AM
Oct 2016
having some Give and Take between them

Mar 7, 2021 9:16 AM
Jan 2014
To note, the Superd is basically the character that's told to children to scare them off to sleep at night, that's why many people, regardless of the continent know of them.
man... it sure took a looooong while to clear that goal
Roxy's parents look as young as i imagine them to be.
Sp12erMar 7, 2021 9:35 AM
Mar 7, 2021 9:18 AM
Dec 2020
Now that turning point 1 is out of the way I can’t wait for turning point 2 def my favorite chapter but that’s getting ahead of myself. Very disappointed that we didn’t get the side stories that accompanied turning point 1, since roxy has a lot of content moving forward it’s pretty important imo and as well as showing the fedora region and pauls message post metastasis. Either it’s due to time restraints or they are just holding it for another time. finally ruijerd makes his debut as this seasons best boy. And now mushoku tensei really begins, the multiple year journey across the world. And Eris is finally going to get some real juicy character development
said the lolicon bastard
Mar 7, 2021 9:19 AM
Mar 2021
Eris' reaction seeing a Superd was hilarious and cute at the same time. Also, I didn't expect that their is a dark untold backstory of the Superd race. So it possibly means that the Laplace acclaimed to be hero from the war 400 yrs ago seemed to have ill intentions. He might be the one initiated the war or one of the contributors. Just a theory. Looking forward for their next adventure. This is where the real battle starts for the series
Mar 7, 2021 9:22 AM
Dec 2020
JanPri said:
Panzer92 said:

I wonder where Ghislaine is tho.
It was supposed to be shown last episode (it's a side story of the 2nd volume), so it shouldn't be a spoiler. We probably won't ever see it, though. I can tell you if you want

It’s not really a spoiler she’s in the strife zone, but she’s alive just in one of the most dangerous areas in the world. We don’t see her again until possibly the end of next season.
said the lolicon bastard
Mar 7, 2021 9:23 AM
Dec 2019
just a 4/5 episode.
i just hope they amp up the danger of what it actually means being in the demon continent in the next episodes, for now it seems like the only threat is hunger/thirst and heat... they also trusted Mr. Superd too early
(i know its too early to complain, just excited)
Mar 7, 2021 9:24 AM
Oct 2018
Wow I thought I would not like Ruijerd because of his design but his backstory and goals really make up for it. I think it even compliments his design. Instantly one of my favorite if not favorite character in the show so far just because he seems like a really good guy.
Mar 7, 2021 9:25 AM
Dec 2020
Chida said:
A nice superd, who would have thought after all the rumors about them, and now rudeus is traveling with one. kind of sad that theres only 2 more episodes left, every single one so far has been really enjoyable but season 2 is already announced which is nice, Rudeus' story goes on!

also Hitogami sounds so gay and i love it

It’s in 2 cours so we have a three month break before season 2 begins or season 1 part 2. It gets better as the journey goes on as well so be excited.
said the lolicon bastard
Mar 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Aug 2020
So those are Roxy's parents, they look just like her. Like everybody in the village..
Mar 7, 2021 9:27 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was good, probably my favourite episode so far since nothing sexual happened. I guess they’re lost now and trying to get back home.
Overall, I really liked this episode.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 7, 2021 9:29 AM

Feb 2017
EvilSociopath323 said:
For anybody wondering (and not knowing google), this is the worldmap.

Huh, when they said it was on the north of the demon continet and they had to go back to the central contient I was thinking more in line with a central asia to europe travel, but from the looks of the map it seems they're on the other side of the world.

I wonder if the travel will take a couple years as if they were traveling from north america to western europe through asia or this "world map" is just the known world and they'll be back in a few months, I'm betting on the latter due to how big the features appear on the map
Mar 7, 2021 9:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That beginning was so weird, I don't really understand what it really was, a god or something? Well at least the episode was sure interesting it's nice to see that they met Roxy's parents in their village, that explanation with Laplace sure sounds interesting, I guess it's time for a more serious plot, nice
Mar 7, 2021 9:31 AM

Jun 2015
Denied Roxy marriage proposal. But things are most certainly getting interesting.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 7, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2021
EvilSociopath323 said:
For anybody wondering (and not knowing google), this is the worldmap.

The map itself is already spoiler-ish
Mar 7, 2021 9:34 AM
Oct 2013
Doing Hitogami in CG was a great move. It emphasizes how creepy he is appearing and
behaving. Its right in the uncanny valley.
I wonder where will they end the season. I don't see them rushing the whole current arc in 3 episodes...
Mar 7, 2021 9:34 AM
Mar 2021
I love how the anime keeps you immersed within the world through the languages! This is one thing that many isekai don’t really focus on, which is the languages, and Mushoku Tensei has done this part so well!
Mar 7, 2021 9:37 AM
Apr 2016
The next episode title means they will really adapt this LN volume just in 3 episodes, damn. Prepare for some *huge* omitting of things
Mar 7, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2021
ShinItsuwari said:
Doing Hitogami in CG was a great move. It emphasizes how creepy he is appearing and
behaving. Its right in the uncanny valley.
I wonder where will they end the season. I don't see them rushing the whole current arc in 3 episodes...

Probably will be the end of Volume 3 with
They still need to finish Volume 6 by the end of cour 2 after all.
Mar 7, 2021 9:41 AM

Dec 2016
I like how the CGI for man-god worked so well.
Makes him very creepy in a good way.
Mar 7, 2021 9:43 AM

Aug 2020
Don't you think Ruijerd looks exactly like a green haired paul with a red jewel on his head.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Aug 2013
Hitogami really is creepy in anime by being too friendly with Rudeus.

Ruijerd finally makes his appearance. The choice of VA is just perfect for him.

Roxy's parents look so young and Rudeus asking her dad to let him call father-in-law was amusing.

It would be interesting to see where they will end in this season.

Aug 2020
Great EP the first couple of minutes was a wtf moment, human god giving him advice and telling him he isn't responsible for his reincarnation but instead it was the wicked dragon god and i like how his mental form is his past life body, its just makes sense and adds to the tone of regret.

Also the whole backstory of the Superd tribe and how Laplace tricked them was interesting and i can tell their journey back home is gonna be great and obv dangerous cuz he can't enter cities which will defo be an issue. Its also nice how the story linked back to Roxy's home town and i didn't expect her to be 44 lmfao but meeting her parents was neat. Overall it set up a nice foundation for the actual plot the dialogue was amazing

Aug 2020
StoneFreee said:
Chida said:
A nice superd, who would have thought after all the rumors about them, and now rudeus is traveling with one. kind of sad that theres only 2 more episodes left, every single one so far has been really enjoyable but season 2 is already announced which is nice, Rudeus' story goes on!

also Hitogami sounds so gay and i love it

It’s in 2 cours so we have a three month break before season 2 begins or season 1 part 2. It gets better as the journey goes on as well so be excited.

Yeah i’m super excited as well for the upcoming events since i’ve read the manga.
hype!
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Mar 7, 2021 9:44 AM

Jul 2020
Didn't expect that Hitogami-san has the same VA as Orochimaru. This ep was honestly felt super short, quite of insight into Superds and Roxy's race but hopefully, they'll add a backstory animation for both races. feels like there's something is missing And Roxy is 47? she's very legal indeed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) also her mom is so hot and she's is 107yo Ara-Ara ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
And last next eps where the adventure begins.
Mar 7, 2021 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
I really like the change of story and the direction the show has taken. I'm excited for the upcoming episodes!
Mar 7, 2021 9:45 AM
Jan 2021
Am I the only one that feels like it’s kinda weird that this is ep 9 and nothing has really happened till now? Like will there be a season 2 or something because idk how they will be able to finish up this story within the next few weeks
Mar 7, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
I liked how they portrayed Hitogami into the anime, Rujerd looks like the bad-ass he is. They cut out some of Rudeus interactions, and I don't know if I'm ok with that, but the visit to Roxy's parents village and the talk was good enough. The adventure has just started and we have a lot to see from now on.
Oh yeah I forgot, they
el_morrisMar 7, 2021 10:29 AM
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 7, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2015
I find this arc-transition abrupt and awkward. it was kind of bad in LN (imo) and in anime it's even worse. eventually most of the stuff is (going to be) explained and uncovered but it still feels bad becouse there was no proper forshadowing for 'mana calamity', 'human-god' and other stuff. and aftershadowing is just a bad, bad delivery approach. before everything is explained the story feels like a mumble-jumble of random stuff happening and stays that way for quite a while. to me the whole 'teleportation incident' was a big plot stumble. and it's kind of frustrating that the whole story revolves around huge plot stumble, because this is impossible to fix
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 7, 2021 9:53 AM

Jan 2021
What a creepy god
In the end, the superds do not seem so dangerous
The power of the script, what a coincidence that they arrived in Roxy's hometown. Apparently she is older than I imagined 0.0

-"May I call you father-in-law?"
-"No." Xdd
Mar 7, 2021 9:54 AM
Aug 2015
KeenanAntonetti said:
Am I the only one that feels like it’s kinda weird that this is ep 9 and nothing has really happened till now? Like will there be a season 2 or something because idk how they will be able to finish up this story within the next few weeks

Part 2 of season 1 will air in July
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Mar 7, 2021 9:55 AM

Jun 2015
StoneFreee said:
JanPri said:
It was supposed to be shown last episode (it's a side story of the 2nd volume), so it shouldn't be a spoiler. We probably won't ever see it, though. I can tell you if you want

It’s not really a spoiler she’s in the strife zone, but she’s alive just in one of the most dangerous areas in the world. We don’t see her again until possibly the end of next season.
end of next season? What do u mean (ep wise)? Like ep 24? 36?48? How do you count seasons? :D
Mar 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Jan 2021
vipergod said:
StoneFreee said:

end of next season? What do u mean (ep wise)? Like ep 24? 36?48? How do you count seasons? :D

He probably meant end of cour 2, which is episode 23.
Mar 7, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2020
It was so cringe when Hitogami called the Chubby Otaku (Dont know his name)
Rudeus.

Ren-sama-Mar 7, 2021 10:01 AM
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 7, 2021 9:59 AM
May 2016
Cool episode, loved Roxy's village and parents. Hopefully less naked old Rudy more Ghislane next episode.
Dec 2020
vipergod said:
StoneFreee said:

Well I assume they will be adapting the rest of volume 3 this season or cour and then after it resumes it’ll be a 12 episode run which will likely cover the rest of the adventure. I think we will see in episode 23 since that will be the last episode of the second cour 11+12. Ghyslaine is seen again at the very end of their journey so I assume she’ll be in the finale.
said the lolicon bastard

Mar 2016
MenchiK1 said:
Cool episode, loved Roxy's village and parents. Hopefully less naked old Rudy more Ghislane next episode.

We won't see her for a long time
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 7, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2011
God damn it, why did they have to use the CGI :(
Until now there was no sign of any budget compromises regarding quality, I really didnt expect that. It felt so out of place compared with the animated stellar art, I have no idea why they did it.
4/5 for me for the episode. Re:Zero now has the quality crown for the season, until now Id argue they were equal.
Mar 7, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2015
Ha, interesting. The second isekai protagonist who gets to have a talk with a higher "entity" this week.

Eris' reaction when she wakes up to seeing a Superd talking to Rudeus was pretty hard to watch. This is what the reputation of Superds have done to the humans and other races. Really nice to see Ruijerd is actually connected to Roxy's hometwon, that's pretty dope.

The Migurd demon race is rather interesting, a lifespan of over 200 years and they still look so young at the age of 102 (Roxy's mother). Not gonna lie, when the dad said that Roxy left 20 years ago and that she would now be 44 years old, I kinda wished we got more of a reaction from Rudeus on that. Atleast he has already made up his mind marrying Roxy, by wanting to call Roxy's dad "Father-in-law", which dad politely refused XD

So a journey back to the central continent has started. Honestly, after that cliffhanger of last week, I am glad it didn't end up too bad. I just hope nothing bad has happened to Ghislaine as she's still gone...
Mar 7, 2021 10:03 AM

Mar 2020
Eris's reaction when seeing Ruijerd was hilarious. Eris acts very different then she afraid. Not so hot headed anymore lol.

Mar 7, 2021 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
AlexGK said:
Until now there was no sign of any budget compromises regarding quality, I really didnt expect that. It felt so out of place compared with the animated stellar art, I have no idea why they did it.
4/5 for me for the episode. Re:Zero now has the quality crown for the season, until now Id argue they were equal.

It was a deliberate choice to make Hitogami creepier. And if you think CGI is Cheap, then hoo boy, you have no idea how CGI works, do you.
Mar 7, 2021 10:06 AM
Jan 2021
rdturbo said:
KeenanAntonetti said:

Part 2 of season 1 will air in July

ohh thx that makes more sense
Mar 7, 2021 10:07 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Hoping Superd stays around for a long time. His eyes seem so lonely, D:
I kind of wonder how he'll feel when/if he meets Slyviette.
Mar 7, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 2018
Some world trivia about demons and other races, dunno how much it counts as spoiler.
Mar 7, 2021 10:09 AM
Jul 2016
Almost no flagrant molesting shit! 5/5!
Mar 7, 2021 10:10 AM

May 2019
AlexGK said:

you cant be serious, in terms of the animation Mushoku is far above re:zero s2
hack if we are gonna talk about the whole season then Wonder Egg Priority have the best animation and quality overall
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Mar 7, 2021 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
The Opening was really very unexpected. But I guess everyone knew Rudy was going to get back to his 'Child body'. The Man-God guy was funny.
When I first saw Ruijerd, I was kinda scared (just like Eris Boboboreas Greyrat🤣). Rudy acted really in a very matured way. Ruijerd seems like a guy who will give up his life to save someone later on in the anime.
We also saw Roxy's village. At first I thought Rowin was her brother. When Ruijerd told us the truth about the Superd Clan, that was really very sad.

Overall, it was really a very amazing and fun to watch episode, and learning about the different continents and clans was also very amusing.
Mar 7, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2020
Kinda boring episode but the ending song always gets me hype so 8/10. Dont quote me and spout "its worldbuilding shounentard" I don't care, lol

Mar 7, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2020
We got to meet the parents and they both are adorable. They look so young and alike!
And Roxy is actually 44, that's why she kept repeating she wasn't a child
Rudeus calling everyone a Roxy was hilarious.
Roxy 1 Roxy 2, Roxy 3...

Mar 7, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2021
They cut somethings that aren't important. I was a bit iffy on if they could really get through Vol. 3 in 3 episodes, and it looks now they can.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

471 by MamudPasha »»
Jun 24, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

417 by Gooodnite »»
Jun 24, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

231 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 15, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

442 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

299 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 14, 11:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.