Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2021 9:10 PM
Dec 2020
Hatsuyuki said:
Well this is quite frankly embarrassing. We should've all seen it coming the moment the alliance was introduced in the story since everything surrounding it was just bad writing. Fundamentally it makes no sense. Isayama had so many paths available that he could have taken to deliver a good ending, so many possibilities, it's not like he was restricted by his writing at all, and despite all that he decides to go with.. whatever this is. I'm appalled, AoT had phenomenal moments and it will stick with me for as long as i live, but this ending will definitely leave a bitter taste in my mouth forever, which in turn will make it hard to appreciate AoT as much as I did before.

Isayama had this ending decided since season 1 so keep that in mind that this was destined even when you were in love with the show in season 1,2 or 3
Mar 5, 2021 9:12 PM

Feb 2021
armchair3 said:
Ymir will remove the curse after witnessing Mikasa's pure love. Remember my words

yep, i called it too.
anybody that think otherwise must have not been paying attention to the last 3 chapters.

Mar 5, 2021 9:21 PM
Sep 2018
The rumbling arc has been pretty consistent with themes and characterization that were built up to previous arcs. For me, this arc has definitely been on par with any previous arc but with exceptions of 126 and 135-137. I will never agree with people who trash alliance or who trash scouts for trying to stop Eren. This is a straight-up trash idea to even say that scouts betrayed Eren when they were never on board with this plan or as a matter of fact, they were never aware of his intentions and Eren kept them in dark. Alliance formation was a natural outcome of the situation they were in. It would have been extremely out of character for Mikasa, Jean, Armin to agree with full-scale rumbling and the genocide that Eren is committing. However, it does seem like from 135 onward things have gone downhill. Too many conveniences in favor of the alliance. Fake stakes, last moment saves while fighting against uncountable mindless shifters of the past. The final fight seems underwhelming. Shifter titans who were trying to kill them suddenly a few of them start helping them. Doesn't make sense. Falco's flying titan's execution is also bad and very sudden and convenient.
I am sure we are getting Eren's POV next chapter. This chapter was in itself definitely much better, people actually died. Sad for Jean though he was definitely top 5 AOT characters for me. I just hope Isayama just doesn't reverse the titanization. I don't get much hate for this chapter. Actually, this chapter should have been satisfying for yeagarists in particular. You wanted Eldian parents who made their children's warriors should be punished. You got it. You wanted Gabi to die. You got it. You wanted alliance members to be killed. Jean and Connie are gone. The remaining Marleyans have no chance of surviving this shit. Pieck, Reiner, and Annie seem to be unable to handle centipede and the swarm of titans and they might die as well. Everyone is dying. Is this not what you wanted? All of this assuming Isayama doesn't reverse the titanization next chapter.
Also, hey people who are constantly throwing around the word Necrophilia, do you actually know the meaning of the word or you saw someone using it and thought it is a cool word and started throwing around it mindlessly. You must not be reading things with your brain open or I can't see how someone can miss this. Mikasa clearly is in a half reality half-dream state. To her, she is definitely not kissing Eren's head but the Eren who is sleeping and she is holding in her arms. Next chapter we need Eren, Ymir pov, and closure to Historia's pregnancy plot to tie things up. I expect past shifters helping alliance should be connected with what Ymir wants or what Ymir and Eren wants, we will have to wait and see. Though I liked this chapter, 135-137 definitely were not good chapters for me. Things in AOT should not happen without making sense. I will reserve my judgment till the last chapter. Also what's with the people saying Falco's scream turned people into titan? Was it not clear it was literally vapor from the centipede itself. Falco screamed because he literally realized what's going to happen to people there and his parents, Gabi.
Also, it really looks to me that Isayama is actually going along with the Ending he always envisioned where almost everyone dies, it's just that he changed his approach to arrive at that ending. And S2 ending probably contains most of the events in the rumbling arc and perhaps ending as well and this also makes it clear for me that there is no last moment change in the ending by Isayama.
https://twitter.com/BlastITA_/status/1367875199186698241
Mar 5, 2021 9:31 PM
Apr 2019
burakk637 said:
I think Isayama out of ideas
Agreed 139 chapters isn't enough to explain the shit that's been going on right now and isayama overcomplexed it that he couldn't even understood what to show/explain anymore
Mar 5, 2021 9:32 PM
Jul 2019
zerotitan said:
The rumbling arc has been pretty consistent with themes and characterization that were built up to previous arcs. For me, this arc has definitely been on par with any previous arc but with exceptions of 126 and 135-137. I will never agree with people who trash alliance or who trash scouts for trying to stop Eren. This is a straight-up trash idea to even say that scouts betrayed Eren when they were never on board with this plan or as a matter of fact, they were never aware of his intentions and Eren kept them in dark. Alliance formation was a natural outcome of the situation they were in. It would have been extremely out of character for Mikasa, Jean, Armin to agree with full-scale rumbling and the genocide that Eren is committing. However, it does seem like from 135 onward things have gone downhill. Too many conveniences in favor of the alliance. Fake stakes, last moment saves while fighting against uncountable mindless shifters of the past. The final fight seems underwhelming. Shifter titans who were trying to kill them suddenly a few of them start helping them. Doesn't make sense. Falco's flying titan's execution is also bad and very sudden and convenient.
I am sure we are getting Eren's POV next chapter. This chapter was in itself definitely much better, people actually died. Sad for Jean though he was definitely top 5 AOT characters for me. I just hope Isayama just doesn't reverse the titanization. I don't get much hate for this chapter. Actually, this chapter should have been satisfying for yeagarists in particular. You wanted Eldian parents who made their children's warriors should be punished. You got it. You wanted Gabi to die. You got it. You wanted alliance members to be killed. Jean and Connie are gone. The remaining Marleyans have no chance of surviving this shit. Pieck, Reiner, and Annie seem to be unable to handle centipede and the swarm of titans and they might die as well. Everyone is dying. Is this not what you wanted? All of this assuming Isayama doesn't reverse the titanization next chapter.
Also, hey people who are constantly throwing around the word Necrophilia, do you actually know the meaning of the word or you saw someone using it and thought it is a cool word and started throwing around it mindlessly. You must not be reading things with your brain open or I can't see how someone can miss this. Mikasa clearly is in a half reality half-dream state. To her, she is definitely not kissing Eren's head but the Eren who is sleeping and she is holding in her arms. Next chapter we need Eren, Ymir pov, and closure to Historia's pregnancy plot to tie things up. I expect past shifters helping alliance should be connected with what Ymir wants or what Ymir and Eren wants, we will have to wait and see. Though I liked this chapter, 135-137 definitely were not good chapters for me. Things in AOT should not happen without making sense. I will reserve my judgment till the last chapter. Also what's with the people saying Falco's scream turned people into titan? Was it not clear it was literally vapor from the centipede itself. Falco screamed because he literally realized what's going to happen to people there and his parents, Gabi.
Also, it really looks to me that Isayama is actually going along with the Ending he always envisioned where almost everyone dies, it's just that he changed his approach to arrive at that ending. And S2 ending probably contains most of the events in the rumbling arc and perhaps ending as well and this also makes it clear for me that there is no last moment change in the ending by Isayama.

+1
yeah a dark ending..
i agree with you in every thing
certainly no work is without flaws and loopholes
Just hope that in the next chapter the misery continues until end
Mar 5, 2021 9:33 PM

Mar 2012
Where were you when Mikasa was confirmed a necrophiliac?
Mar 5, 2021 9:39 PM

Jun 2014
I’ve been here since 2013 and I’m gonna keep it real with you guys. What did I just read?!?!?!?! Come on bro this better end well LOL. Can’t believe the final chapter won’t be massive T_T
Mar 5, 2021 9:39 PM

Oct 2019
Wow! It's like people forgot that Mikasa is a character. I feel like Isayama wrote Eren too good because everyone kinda forgot the other characters and assume the series has fallen off because they focus on them.

Anyways yeah her arc conclusion was quite poetic and fits in line with the whole "cruel but beautiful world." Her kiss was meant to be viewed in a fucked up way imo.

Also I think yall need to be reminded that Eren's story isn't finished yet. We literally got shown child eren back in 131 and 133. Yall think Yams is gonna leave that out of there? I'm also glad that finally characters are dying and it was done in a lovely way to elevate the stakes here.

Cruel irony at it's finest too. The alliance inadvertently caused their loved ones to suffer a fate worse than death (being a titan) because of their desire to be heroic. I'm sure even the edgiest yeagerists couldn't predict a fate like that for them.

Call me a dickrider all you want. This was a great chapter overall.
Mar 5, 2021 9:45 PM
Mar 2021
arthur_morgan2 said:
got season 8>>>>whatever this arc is

Yeah lol. Daenarys killed by Jon Snow = Eren Killed by Mikasa. I think isayama should watch Lord of the rings as reference not GOT.
Mar 5, 2021 9:50 PM

Oct 2013
Trust_The_Plan said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

Yeah lol. Daenarys killed by Jon Snow = Eren Killed by Mikasa. I think isayama should watch Lord of the rings as reference not GOT.

Isayama said he was disappointed in game of thrones ending btw. Just putting that out there.
Mar 5, 2021 9:59 PM

Apr 2017
Reading this chapter made me realize that I don't really care about Attack on Titan that much, I felt absolutely nothing.
cunnysseur
Mar 5, 2021 10:00 PM

Aug 2018
keragamming said:
Trust_The_Plan said:

Isayama said he was disappointed in game of thrones ending btw. Just putting that out there.

What the fuck, why is he copying it then?
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 10:03 PM
Oct 2020
Eren is the prefect hero to zero bro wanted to kill titans to becomin a titan killing humans
Mar 5, 2021 10:07 PM
Mar 2021
burakk637 said:
I think Isayama out of ideas
yeah im forced to believe that his editor made him rush the ending
Mar 5, 2021 10:08 PM
Jan 2017
Eremika fans got what they wanted so bad. A SnK'ing ship LOL
Mar 5, 2021 10:10 PM

Aug 2020
Although this time-loop & mikasa headaches' theory could be a possibility too: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/lpy304/time_loop_theory_erens_dream_ch_1_and_mikasas/

Also, it can be an odd thing if jean and connie come back to life, idk, it would take away the impact of their farewell if it occurs, but maybe gabi can come back to life if reiner finally sacrifices himself to be eaten by her, considering that he didn't commit suicide cause he wanted to save them

Anyway, right at this point, anything can happen i guess
Mar 5, 2021 10:11 PM

Jan 2020
Trust_The_Plan said:
arthur_morgan2 said:

SPOILERS for Game of Thrones season 8

Mar 5, 2021 10:13 PM

Jun 2016
Is everyone okay? Because I clearly am not! Isayama is a ducking donut for constantly hurting us. But I believe Eren ain’t dead, however it looks like the time loop theory would be right. Goddang!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Mar 5, 2021 10:15 PM

Feb 2011
ErenSakata said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Well this is quite frankly embarrassing. We should've all seen it coming the moment the alliance was introduced in the story since everything surrounding it was just bad writing. Fundamentally it makes no sense. Isayama had so many paths available that he could have taken to deliver a good ending, so many possibilities, it's not like he was restricted by his writing at all, and despite all that he decides to go with.. whatever this is. I'm appalled, AoT had phenomenal moments and it will stick with me for as long as i live, but this ending will definitely leave a bitter taste in my mouth forever, which in turn will make it hard to appreciate AoT as much as I did before.

Isayama had this ending decided since season 1 so keep that in mind that this was destined even when you were in love with the show in season 1,2 or 3

Wrong, it was already stated that he changed the ending
Mar 5, 2021 10:17 PM

Jan 2020
zerotitan said:

Very good review. While I still like chapters 126 and 135-137 I do believe that they definitely were the weakest post basement chapters in the manga. And yes 138 was a huge improvement and an overall excellent chapter.
Mar 5, 2021 10:20 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
People who gives this chapter a 1 why? is because you didn't get your way? You wanted Eren to kill everyone uh? like if anyone of you thought that was going to happen you don't watch anime or read any kind of manga lmao
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Mar 5, 2021 10:22 PM

Jun 2020
DragonYuk said:
People who gives this chapter a 1 why? is because you didn't get your way? You wanted Eren to kill everyone uh? like if anyone of you thought that was going to happen you don't watch anime or read any kind of manga lmao
People who thought Eren was gonna kill all his friends have completely shitty analysis of his character. It's so sad how they misinterpreted this drastically
Mar 5, 2021 10:34 PM

Aug 2018
DragonYuk said:

Gee I wonder why people wanted SnK to be different from other manga/anime.
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 5, 2021 10:35 PM
Aug 2020
Koustubh said:
WTTC2 said:

What happens to Pieck?

Most likely she is gonna get eaten by mindless titans.

Really!!!??
So glad that pieck and gabi die. Finally my wishes have come true
Mar 5, 2021 10:40 PM
Sep 2019
Literally the whole story is about EMA. And I quote: “If you (Eren) want to save Mikasa AND Armin, you must learn to use this power!” This is what happens when you speed run a story. Also, imagine thinking Isayama would’ve gone through a global genocide when he has shown hints of empathy and humanity. This story is about finding hope in the bleakest moments in a cruel, unforgiving world. The only reason the Recon Corps got so far was because they dreamed of an idealistic world. Go back and read Levi’s internal monologue. It’s obvious seeing Isayama portrayed the Yeagerists as bad. We already got the Armin chapter, this was Mikasa’s character arc moment, next would likely be Eren’s. Isayama YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THE GOAT!
loydawearssilkMar 5, 2021 10:45 PM
Mar 5, 2021 10:42 PM

Oct 2013
petterson_ said:
keragamming said:

What the fuck, why is he copying it then?

I am waiting on the final chapter first before making any conclusion.
Mar 5, 2021 10:44 PM

Feb 2021
DragonYuk said:

you do realize that in the au that mikasa imagined(or that eren sent her) eren was running away with mikasa and left all his friend to get massacred. thats ok though its just a shounen, just turn your brain off.
Mar 5, 2021 10:48 PM

May 2020
Bruh this thread is the most entertaining shit I've ever read online. From crying mfs to people that can actually think this is the real kino stuff right here. That aside, I loved this chapter. The stakes have finally been equalized with everyone turning into a titan. And the kiss at the ending gave me goosebumps. April can't come sooner!

Also, please stop spreading misinformation that the last chapter is 45 pages long, we don't have confirmation of any sorts. Heck it's not even fully written by Yams yet.
Mar 5, 2021 10:50 PM
Aug 2016
Sukuna100 said:
Koustubh said:

Most likely she is gonna get eaten by mindless titans.

Really!!!??

For Gabi, I can understand. But why Pieck-chan? What did she do wrong? 😭😭😭
Mar 5, 2021 10:52 PM
Mar 2018
SparkleDuck said:
Where were you when Mikasa was confirmed a necrophiliac?

I feel like some people don't even understand what the word means?
Mar 5, 2021 10:55 PM
Aug 2020
Koustubh said:
Sukuna100 said:

Really!!!??

Mainly because she saved Zeke when levi was about to kill him and also during the final arc because of her anti eren activities. Just hate her. Period!!
Mar 5, 2021 10:56 PM

Dec 2019
Ah yes, School Days but with extra steps
Mar 5, 2021 11:01 PM

Jul 2016
Wait so did Mikasa see a future where she ran away with Eren Instead of killing him.

Or

A future where she confessed to him before the rumbling
Mar 5, 2021 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
Curious as to how Isayama would end this. Does anyone know how many pages the last chapter will have?
Mar 5, 2021 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
swoji said:
Curious as to how Isayama would end this. Does anyone know how many pages the last chapter will have?

That's not confirmed for now. The info abt last chap having 45 pages was for this chapter I think. Damn if the last chapter only has 45 pages...
Mar 5, 2021 11:12 PM
Aug 2016
Sukuna100 said:
Koustubh said:

Mainly because she saved Zeke when levi was about to kill him and also during the final arc because of her anti eren activities. Just hate her. Period!!

Oh, OK. Fair enough. She still remains the best girl for me tbh. At least better than Ereh Ereh machine Mikasa. At least she is smart and thinks with her own mind lol.
Mar 5, 2021 11:34 PM

Nov 2020
Tapertrain said:
Wait so did Mikasa see a future where she ran away with Eren Instead of killing him.

Or

before the rumbling
Mar 5, 2021 11:38 PM

Oct 2020
Vinicius234 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Incels were too busy jerking off to 130/131 to Chadness of our Lord and Savior Ellen Yeager that they misinterpreted these chapters and didn't understand the point of them is to show Eren as a fucked up, hypocritical, selfish, weak person, one shaken in his beliefs.

But surely Eren is a Chad because he has abs, and also stomps on people. Ok.

A difference in takes i guess, i cant conceive a guy that instead of burdening future generations...future comrades, takes the matters, all the burden by himself as someone weak or shaken... thats pure chadassery in my dictionary. Someone so impassive and unyielding is completely the opposite of weak or shaken. The guy you have in your banner on the other hand, its to me the epitome of a broken lapdog. By that notions i imagine you saw erwin and floch as weak too.

If eren fullfil his deed as you envisioned he would be a chad for me, his declaration of war is pure elocuence and edgy chadness.
Nobody is saying Reiner is strong tho. I like Eren more than Reiner still but I like them not because they are strong.
Mar 5, 2021 11:41 PM
Nov 2020
Yang_Wenli said:
Yep. I'm fully and completely blackpilled at this point. Fuck Arumin. Fuck Mankasa. Fuck Eren, "keep pushing forward" my ass. Most importantly, fuck Isayama.
deg said:

Mikasa x Eren is a tragic romantic pairing for sure

It's neither romantic nor a pairing. It's a one-sided, creepy obsession by a mentally ill, schizophrenic, psychopathic stalker.
lol keep crying you dumb yaegerist you lack reading comprehension
Mar 5, 2021 11:49 PM

Jul 2016
GoshaX said:
Tapertrain said:

Or

before the rumbling

I figured that out after reading it again.
Thanks anyway
Mar 5, 2021 11:58 PM
Jan 2017
In the end, the only thing Reverend Eren protected was his chastity shield.

At least Kaneki banged Touka for one whole chapter.

Chad edgy Kaneki > "Chad" Eren

Ishida > Isayama + salty people in this thread LOLOLOL
Mar 6, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2012
Isayama's probably one of the very few who can reach Togashi's level. Subverting expectations and creating one of the best and most original endings.

End Zionazism
Mar 6, 2021 12:10 AM

Jul 2020
i freakin knew it, ymir orchrasted this whole thing
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Mar 6, 2021 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
I liked the chapter. Even though a lot of people are complaining about the final panel, I have no issues with it. Their relationship has been riddled with tragedy from the start and the ending essentially depicts the nature of their relationship...unhealthy, edgy and tragic. I was kinda hoping we'd get to see a lot more of Eren towards the end and it sucks that we didn't get that. However. I'm not gonna ignore everything else about the chapter and call it a dud just cause isayama didn't cater to every single one of my needs.
Mar 6, 2021 12:17 AM

Jul 2012
superguy282 said:
The stakes have finally been equalized with everyone turning into a titan.

Acting like they wont be un-titanized literally 1 chapter later lol. There are no stakes in this arc. It uses the same formula from GOT 8 battle of winterfell.

Characters get cornered -> All hope is lost -> They are safe next scene
Repeat the cycle
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2021 12:26 AM

May 2018
I'm certain now, this needs an "The end of Shingeki no Kyojin"
Mar 6, 2021 12:26 AM
May 2020
Just turn off your brain and consume shounen. Ymir is happy because Mikasa loves Eren too much = She will lift the curse
Bravo. I don't blame the people who like this ending though
Mar 6, 2021 12:27 AM
Mar 2015
Mikasa said:
Isayama's probably one of the very few who can reach Togashi's level. Subverting expectations and creating one of the best and most original endings.

Subverting expectations just menans showing the middle finger to readers. It is never a good thing.

Anyway, could you people please stop spoiling GoT? Some of us haven't watch that yet.
Mar 6, 2021 12:27 AM

May 2018
armchair3 said:
Just turn off your brain and consume shounen. Ymir is happy because Mikasa loves Eren too much = She will lift the curse
Bravo. I don't blame the people who like this ending though

Why would you like it, it doesn't fit at all.
Pages (23) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

29 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
Yesterday, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1871 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.