Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2021 12:46 PM
Feb 2019
I’m guessing that people are rating show a one because they want FMAB or something higher, but why though? Don’t the mods see the obviousness of the ratings? It also easy to see that the people haven’t actually watched it.
Why do people stoop so low?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 22, 2021 1:33 PM
May 2013
Interesting, never thought there be Gintama hater fan... for me this was my first favourite I ever saw from anime side 👀. Although I haven’t seen the movie yet.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 22, 2021 2:07 PM
Mar 2016
I don't think there's another show in the top 100 of MAL that has such disproportionate amount of 1 stars, so yes it's quite obvious what's happening. Clearly just people/bots from the juggernaut popular fanbases trying to prevent other shows from passing them in the rankings (I won't name any names, but we all know who). But let's be real, MAL ratings really don't matter, and I think anybody who's watched the entirety of Gintama knows that it's a lot of things, but not even close to being a 1/10 show. Just the usual bad MAL etiquette from users.
Jan 22, 2021 2:13 PM

Jun 2020
The no. of eren pfps that rated this a 1 is hilarious. People are so petty
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 22, 2021 4:34 PM

Aug 2020
I mean it doesn't matter bc most ppl are giving this a 10/10 without even watching it lmao.
Jan 22, 2021 7:12 PM

Dec 2020
filthyfrank8142 said:
I mean it doesn't matter bc most ppl are giving this a 10/10 without even watching it lmao.
But does that mean that people who don't want gintama to surpass their favourite anime(especially fmab fans) can give it a 1?
Life is basically like a soap bubble. It rides on the wind, flying here and there,
...And before you realise it, *pop*! It's gone - Sakata Gintoki
Jan 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Jun 2020
filthyfrank8142 said:

1) They can change it after watching.

2) If they give it a 10/10 but set it to 'plan to watch', the rating won't be counted unless they set it to 'completed'.

3) If people like a show, they give it a 10/10 after watching. Imagine rating an anime a 1/10 without watching it just because you don't want its rating to go higher.

There are people who create fake accounts to boost the score, and people who create such accounts to downvote it. Most of the time, these two cancel each other and the score remains more or less the same.

4) Just because it says '7% 1s' does not mean ALL of them are counted. Roughly only 3-4% 1s are being counted. Manually calculate the score if you want to.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2021 7:55 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mostly SnK and FMAB fanbase.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 22, 2021 8:06 PM

Jul 2020
Because they want to drag down the mean score because apparently that's a very important thing.
Jan 22, 2021 11:02 PM
May 2020
I’ve been checking it everyday
On last monday it had 9.02 rating and i was so happy about it but after 2 days it became 8.92!!!
why do they hate an anime that isn’t even available online? Cuz they can’t stand Gintama conquering the top of mal
I hope this won’t go on forever and I won’t be satisfied until it reaches 9.10+
Jan 22, 2021 11:07 PM

Mar 2017
Why are 85.1% of voting it 10/10? The movie isn't released in English. I think the blind fanboys and haters both pretty bad for rating something unreleased.
Jan 23, 2021 4:04 AM

Feb 2020
_RemanD_ said:
I’ve been checking it everyday
On last monday it had 9.02 rating and i was so happy about it but after 2 days it became 8.92!!!
why do they hate an anime that isn’t even available online? Cuz they can’t stand Gintama conquering the top of mal
I hope this won’t go on forever and I won’t be satisfied until it reaches 9.10+
At the beginning the vote was 9.12
Jan 23, 2021 4:08 AM

Feb 2020
Brandon2149 said:
Why are 85.1% of voting it 10/10? The movie isn't released in English. I think the blind fanboys and haters both pretty bad for rating something unreleased.
They would have rated it 10 even after seeing the movie, the situation would not have changed.
Jan 23, 2021 4:13 AM

Jan 2021
How can you not like Gintama?!?!
Jan 23, 2021 6:46 AM

Jun 2020
Die_x_eid said:
How can you not like Gintama?!?!

Lmfao looooooooool that scene xD
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
Jan 23, 2021 7:10 AM

Jan 2020
Well, it's obvious that they are mostly people who haven't even watched the movie but don't want it to have the #1 spot on MAL. It's pathetic, really.
Jan 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
This is usual with gintama. It's usually FMAB, HxH and S;G fanboys who downvote gintama, this time it's AoT fanboys and they somehow managed to be more pathetic than FMAB fanboys.
Jan 23, 2021 11:21 AM

Aug 2020
Cloudburst0700 said:
filthyfrank8142 said:

1) They can change it after watching.

2) If they give it a 10/10 but set it to 'plan to watch', the rating won't be counted unless they set it to 'completed'.

3) If people like a show, they give it a 10/10 after watching. Imagine rating an anime a 1/10 without watching it just because you don't want its rating to go higher.

There are people who create fake accounts to boost the score, and people who create such accounts to downvote it. Most of the time, these two cancel each other and the score remains more or less the same.

4) Just because it says '7% 1s' does not mean ALL of them are counted. Roughly only 3-4% 1s are being counted. Manually calculate the score if you want to.

I mean MAL rankings doesn't even matter we all know that FMAB fanboys are fucking up the rankings.
Jan 26, 2021 9:37 AM
Aug 2020
Aot fanboys trying to sabotage the ratings
Jan 26, 2021 9:40 PM

Aug 2019
It's not just 1s. I'm seeing new accounts giving various scores. Even 7s, 8s, and 9s. Not only for Gintama either. HxH, FMAB, S;G and LOGH have been getting scored from new accounts that somehow have watched 20 series in a short period of time.

Giving a 7 or above isn't a major deal but it seems to be people are trying to bypass the illegitimate account detection system by scoring with various numbers. If you look at the percentage of 10s for the anime I previously mentioned, they've dropped quite a bit.
Jan 26, 2021 9:45 PM

May 2020
This happens with every show that can make it to the top 10 . Fanboys rating it 10 to boost ratings and haters giving it 1 to lower ratings . Its pathetic on both sides .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 27, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2020
It's being brigaded by AoT fans. It's rank dropped from 17 to 19 now. Pathetic behaviour honestly.
Read One Piece. Watch Gintama
Jan 28, 2021 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Because apparently some scumbags don't have anything better to do in their lives.
Jan 28, 2021 5:57 AM

May 2020
Toxic fans obviously
Jan 28, 2021 6:05 AM

Jun 2020
People only care about 1s when it's their favourite anime being bombed? Where did the people who thought this kind of behaviour was acceptable when Final Season was being rated 1 by so many bots and even real accounts? This behaviour is common among the fanbases of all the shows in the top 10 of MAL lol, let's not blame it on AoT, even Gintama, HxH, FMAB and S;G fanbases are equally guilty of the same crimes. (I'm not advocating this kinda of stuff but yeah, let's not specifically blame one fandom for being toxic to try to feel better about the fanbase we ourselves belong to)
Jan 28, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2019
spectrojan said:
Ill be sure to start one piece lol
Jan 28, 2021 7:49 PM

Dec 2020
At this point, i think this movie should have never appeared in the Top 10 until the SNK season ended. But still there's an 80% of people rating 10, so maybe it will balance eventually.

(Sorry for my poor English)
Jan 29, 2021 2:29 AM

Jun 2019
No need to worry. The score will be quite high when the bluray and dvd version of the movie is on sale and the subtitle version is added to the websites. Without knowing about the content of an anime, there is no use or point in giving a low score by hating it. This is not a rating race between anime. It shouldn't be. It is not a prejudice that people who love an anime a lot give a very high score to that anime. On the contrary, it is an indication that the expected quality of the anime is quite high. Any anime can have several seasons and several movies. This anime may have scored high with every season and movie. This is why this anime stands out with its audience and audience. The upcoming movie can also be expected with a very high score. I think there is no harm in that. While companies, studios and sponsors earn large sums of money, we spend time here just for fun and admiration. We do not win anything. Actually, it doesn't make much sense to discuss the point issue. In summary; It is absolutely unfair and absurd to give an anime 1 point. It is disrespect for the labor of these people (employees-laborers) and the interest of the fans.
Feb 9, 2021 9:39 AM
Oct 2020
Zagor93 said:
No need to worry. The score will be quite high when the bluray and dvd version of the movie is on sale and the subtitle version is added to the websites. Without knowing about the content of an anime, there is no use or point in giving a low score by hating it. This is not a rating race between anime. It shouldn't be. It is not a prejudice that people who love an anime a lot give a very high score to that anime. On the contrary, it is an indication that the expected quality of the anime is quite high. Any anime can have several seasons and several movies. This anime may have scored high with every season and movie. This is why this anime stands out with its audience and audience. The upcoming movie can also be expected with a very high score. I think there is no harm in that. While companies, studios and sponsors earn large sums of money, we spend time here just for fun and admiration. We do not win anything. Actually, it doesn't make much sense to discuss the point issue. In summary; It is absolutely unfair and absurd to give an anime 1 point. It is disrespect for the labor of these people (employees-laborers) and the interest of the fans.
love this comment
Feb 11, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2017
Fullmetal fanboys are pathethic.
Feb 12, 2021 9:05 PM
Oct 2018
A lot of people doing that for memes
So its better to forget those ratings and just enjoy the show, we already know what are the real rate of this series
Feb 14, 2021 4:57 AM

Jan 2020
SavageAge said:
cchigu said:
SnK fangays pretty much.
and gintama fanboys never rated other shows low ye? Only retards rates 1/10 anime and all fanbases have some so dont say shit like only snk fans doing it cuz its sounds stuipid.

fullmetal alchemist keep getting lower kinda prove aot fanboys are the worst one. both of them are stupid if you delete those 1s the rating of all these tops will get higher 9.3+ is even possible
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Feb 18, 2021 11:13 AM
May 2020
Damn, the score keeps on falling. Was on 8.93 earlier, now it's dropped to 8.88. 1 spammers are really annoying.
Read One Piece. Watch Gintama
Feb 22, 2021 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
Animekid3 said:
Interesting, never thought there be Gintama hater fan... for me this was my first favourite I ever saw from anime side 👀. Although I haven’t seen the movie yet.

I think many people who hate Gintama and downvote shows belonging to Gintama franchise do this because of some salty Gintama fans spamming about Gintama everywhere and looking down to other animes, lol.

I'm not saying that any show deserves to be treated like that by anyone, because it doesn't. The thing is... I don't know any fan of anything who would enjoy seeing people coming out of nowhere and saying "meh, this show is bad, go watch Gintama instead". That's why I kinda understand some fans of other fanbases going down to the level presented by toxic Gintama fans and acting like cheeky kids (no, don't blame only AoT toxic fans because its Final Season is getting a lot of appreciation from the audience right now).
Feb 22, 2021 9:43 AM

Jan 2008
Well I've only got to episode 20 of the show so not seen this yet (and I don't rate what I've not seen)

But yes practically everyone who rates this a one after seeing the title "final" are clearly trolling the votes.
Feb 22, 2021 5:47 PM
May 2013
Adnash93 said:
Animekid3 said:

I think many people who hate Gintama and downvote shows belonging to Gintama franchise do this because of some salty Gintama fans spamming about Gintama everywhere and looking down to other animes, lol.

I'm not saying that any show deserves to be treated like that by anyone, because it doesn't. The thing is... I don't know any fan of anything who would enjoy seeing people coming out of nowhere and saying "meh, this show is bad, go watch Gintama instead". That's why I kinda understand some fans of other fanbases going down to the level presented by toxic Gintama fans and acting like cheeky kids (no, don't blame only AoT toxic fans because its Final Season is getting a lot of appreciation from the audience right now).

I see 🧐. Never thought that way.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 23, 2021 12:28 AM
Oct 2020
Adnash93 said:
Animekid3 said:

yea i agree.. every anime has toxic fanbase but im not quite understand what your trying to say. So gintama deserve to be downvote cuz the fanbase being toxic? Lol that's just stupid
KatsurakotarojanFeb 23, 2021 12:34 AM
Feb 23, 2021 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
Katsurakotarojan said:
yea i agree.. every anime has toxic fanbase but im not quite understand what your trying to say. So gintama deserve to be downvote cuz the fanbase being toxic? Lol that's just stupid

You haven't read my post carefully, I'm afraid. I clearly said that no show deserves to be downvoted by salty fanatics of other shows. What I said and what I meant was that some fanbases considered as "annoying" have "worked quite hard" to become called like that by many people belonging to other fanbases. Some of people who got annoyed by another fanbase might want to act salty as well against it, in example by doing mean stuff like downvoting animes.
Feb 23, 2021 2:21 PM

Nov 2016
Adnash93 said:
Animekid3 said:

People are probably just tired of all the Gintama installments. Gintama: The Final was a potential threat for those who care about their favorite anime's ranking.

Being an entry with small numbers made it also an easy target

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 23, 2021 2:33 PM

Jan 2021
i highly doubt most people who gave it 10s or 1s actually watched the movie, considering it's only out in cinemas in Japan and isn't in English yet, so there's no way that many people have seen it. also, Eren pfps everywhere on the 1s.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 24, 2021 9:13 AM
Jul 2017
7.4 now,mate. People really dislike gintama I guess
Feb 24, 2021 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
since when was 7.2% a high percentage?

bruh.

that said considering it's still in theaters in japan pritty sure most then 1's and 10's are trolls.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 24, 2021 9:22 AM

Dec 2020
Its sour ppl who cared about their favs rating too much, not fanbases, and this one sure look juicy for them to downvote
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Feb 26, 2021 11:41 PM
Aug 2016
This is pure bs. I seriously don't understand what's with the targeted ones for this anime. That's just pathetic.
Feb 27, 2021 2:50 AM

Sep 2019
hazarddex said:
since when was 7.2% a high percentage?

bruh.

that said considering it's still in theaters in japan pritty sure most then 1's and 10's are trolls.
if a show has 7.2% 1, it means it has quality.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 28, 2021 11:35 AM
Aug 2019
spectrojan said:

I don't even know where you got this from, since I scrolled like 20 pages of the most recent votes and all the 1/10 I saw were not from AoT fans. Tbh five of them rated AoT 1/10 too, so please, don't spread lies.
Feb 28, 2021 12:39 PM

Jun 2020
Dany2100 said:
spectrojan said:

I don't even know where you got this from, since I scrolled like 20 pages of the most recent votes and all the 1/10 I saw were not from AoT fans. Tbh five of them rated AoT 1/10 too, so please, don't spread lies.

lol except I wasn't lying? My post is from Jan 28th and last time I checked, that's a month back from now. Idk if you expected the votes page to remain the same or whatever but yeah, that's how it was when I checked it (on Jan 28th). I'm an AOT fan myself, what would I possibly gain by trying to lie about this lmao
Feb 28, 2021 7:48 PM
Aug 2018
How to see the percetages of scores? Sorry i really didn't know you could do that
Mar 1, 2021 12:01 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
chicobretes said:
How to see the percetages of scores? Sorry i really didn't know you could do that
You can see the percentages by clicking on the "stats" on the main page of an anime.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 1, 2021 8:56 AM

Jun 2020
Tbh I don't think anyone would give this a 1. Coz the people who are gonna watch this will only be the ones who have finished the other 367 episodes and 1 movie. And those people all love Gintama. Coz those who don't like it would have already dropped it somewhere down the line. So you know the people giving it a 1 have not actually seen the movie...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: The Final Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

myth720 - Jan 10, 2021

180 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 23, 8:02 PM

» Kinda disappointed

MikeyFromCali - May 7, 2022

49 by goaTMaru »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM

» Kurokono Tasuke

Jozuwa-_- - Apr 25, 2023

6 by MikeyFromCali »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:27 AM

» Gintama Special News

moustafa356780 - Mar 19, 2023

8 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 20, 2023 12:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.