Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2020 8:03 PM

Apr 2020
Kazuya is THE definition of a virgin. He wasted so many opportunities to end his lies until now, can't stand this anymore.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 4, 2020 8:16 PM
Jul 2011
I think Ruka needs an Apple Watch.
Sep 4, 2020 8:31 PM
Jun 2017
I very much dislike Ruka
Sep 4, 2020 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
MC and Chizuru are both trash in the way they treat Ruka. Guess they are perfect for each other in that sense. Ruka was laying out all the facts out there but the other 2 just dodge the matter to keep the plot/story going lol. We still not getting new (last?) girl next week? So the last girl will only be around for 1 or 2 episodes huh...
Sep 4, 2020 9:30 PM

Apr 2020
ruka is too annoying. grandma best girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2020 9:34 PM

Jul 2020
After this episode, I'm starting to wonder
just how much (in total) has Kazuya spent on renting Mizuhara.

xeonite said:
This whole Ruka fiasco could've been solved in a minute if Kazuya could just speak like a normal human being. I fucking hate when plot is driven by a character's inability to speak and fix misunderstandings, etc... it's just awfully exasperating.

I agree with this^^ but yeah pretty much every romance/harem anime out there use misunderstandings to drive the plot but the use in this series is getting out of hand.

HectorBlaze said:
In this series all the characters are annoying in their own way xD

And a bit stupid also*

Still can't believe that Kazuya's grandma believed that lie about Ruka being a pathological liar lol.

Only 3 more episodes to go and Sumi is still not here. I hope her character introduction won't be too rushed or forced.

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 4, 2020 10:22 PM
May 2017
I have to say I am impressed with how the show keeps portraying Kazuya as more and more of a fucking loser each passing episode.
Sep 4, 2020 10:57 PM
Jan 2016
Haha, nice and refreshing eps...the keyword is lie, yeah it's bad in every condition...but yeah you can't help to do it, right? When you're lying, what can I say is just you're comforting yourself and people around you with sweet lie, maybe lying is addictive?...I didn't expect Ruka to tell grandma about that but yeah sooner or later she will know about it, it's not good to just stall and stall and stall hahaha...There are 2 characters this season that I really support, really, those are Yuigahama Yui and Sarashina Ruka hahaha accidentally same voice actress, Nao Toyama hahaha...really they don't deserve to become like this...really depressing to see them like this...
Sep 4, 2020 11:06 PM

Nov 2016
I mean, Ruka is completly right. Chizuru is a rental kanojo, in fact she isn't following the rules that she has.

Kazuya: I need to get a girlfriend then we'll tell our family that we aren't going out anymore.
Chizuru: Sure, I'll help you to get a girlfriend.

Ruka: Can I be your girlfriend, Kazuya?
Kazuya: No

That's literally the whole plot right there.
I'm the first one that says that both, Kazuya and Chizuru look cute and lovable, but both of them, in personality are fuckin trash.
Specially Kazuya.
Sep 4, 2020 11:34 PM

Feb 2020
Naabii- said:
How beta could you be to refuse a 10/10 girl offering her *things*.
The series would just end here, omg the MC is pathetic af.
Yeah, that's one of the lamest things I ever saw in anime. He should've scored with Ruka regardless of his feelings to Chizuru.
When a girl offers herself to you and you're not committed to anyone else, you never refuse! Even if you have it for someone else. You smash, and move along.
Sep 4, 2020 11:39 PM
Jun 2015
Despite the fact that Ruka is being too pushy, I couldn't really hate her until she pulled that Love Hotel act. If the roles were reversed, it would have been seen as very dangerous.. The fact that scene was supposed to be seen as her just being "a cutesy aggressive clingy girl" just really turns me off. Although Kazuya is all around a disgusting guy himself, that was just too much.
Sep 5, 2020 12:02 AM
Jun 2013
Naabii- said:

Wow you're so alpha bro, taking advantage of the feelings of a virgin girl and fucking her despite not having any feelings for her neither the intention of correspond her love, what a real man you are ;)
Shinuki_n_RebornSep 5, 2020 12:07 AM
Sep 5, 2020 12:04 AM

Jan 2016
Wow Ruka is way more aggressive than I thought. A love hotel? I think she's skipping some important steps there xD And another pathetic display of Kazuya as usual.
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 5, 2020 12:07 AM

Jun 2020
Naabii- said:

Probably the most stupid post I've seen on the forum.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 5, 2020 12:08 AM
Apr 2019
Ruka deserves more than sticking with Kazuya :( It was just like how can they manage to continue the facade of rental act between Kazuya and Chizuru. Can't wait for Sumi's appearance though.
Sep 5, 2020 12:09 AM
Jun 2020
Alex796 said:
Naabii- said:
Yeah, that's one of the lamest things I ever saw in anime. He should've scored with Ruka regardless of his feelings to Chizuru.
When a girl offers herself to you and you're not committed to anyone else, you never refuse! Even if you have it for someone else. You smash, and move along.
sorry but I'll have to strongly disagree. Ruka was dead serious and she truly believes she's in love with him and if he had had sex with her that would hurt her even more in the long run okay its not all about smashing a hot girl, if he doesn't like her then he shouldn't be doing that because that would be super unfair to her. He stopped thinking with his dick for once and actually listened to his head I honestly really respected him for that.
Sep 5, 2020 12:15 AM
Jul 2020
Really starting to dislike Kazuya more and more. Too many lies, Dudes digging himself a deeper hole and does not even notice it. Just going to hurt more feelings. Dumb MC
Sep 5, 2020 12:29 AM

Sep 2011
Mimi_123 said:
Alex796 said:
sorry but I'll have to strongly disagree. Ruka was dead serious and she truly believes she's in love with him and if he had had sex with her that would hurt her even more in the long run okay its not all about smashing a hot girl, if he doesn't like her then he shouldn't be doing that because that would be super unfair to her. He stopped thinking with his dick for once and actually listened to his head I honestly really respected him for that.

True. It seems there are several people here who are thinking with their dicks so at least +1 respect for Kazuya.

Although, it is true that Kazuya is still shit for piling up the lies and that lie should be really painful on emotional level for Ruka when supposedly she is the legit girlfriend and she truly loves him.

Sep 5, 2020 1:30 AM

Feb 2020
Mimi_123 said:
Alex796 said:

Tennouji said:
Mimi_123 said:

True. It seems there are several people here who are thinking with their dicks so at least +1 respect for Kazuya.

Although, it is true that Kazuya is still shit for piling up the lies and that lie should be really painful on emotional level for Ruka when supposedly she is the legit girlfriend and she truly loves him.

No, you're both wrong on it.

Not that I'm trying to portray myself as an alpha-Chad or whatever, but I have some first-hand life experience with this. When I was younger, I too tried to be all "noble & respectable" about it to the point I turned away on opportunities. But in retrospect, there is nothing to be gained in these situations by being the so-called "mature and not perverted" chump. She's going to get hurt no matter what and a real life Kazuya would just look back at it and facepalm at the missed opportunity.

As I already said, when you can smash - you smash. No ifs and buts. No matter her/your feelings (for someone else). Unless of course you're committed to someone else, which Kazuya clearly isn't.
Sep 5, 2020 3:14 AM

May 2019
Alvaritoterreos said:
I mean, Ruka is completly right. Chizuru is a rental kanojo, in fact she isn't following the rules that she has.

Kazuya: I need to get a girlfriend then we'll tell our family that we aren't going out anymore.
Chizuru: Sure, I'll help you to get a girlfriend.

Ruka: Can I be your girlfriend, Kazuya?
Kazuya: No

That's literally the whole plot right there.
I'm the first one that says that both, Kazuya and Chizuru look cute and lovable, but both of them, in personality are fuckin trash.
Specially Kazuya.

right right, That's why I really hate this show, a Kazuya who is hard to get a beautiful girl. but when there is ruka who beautiful and hot Kazuya doesn't even want . and acting like a child.

And stupidly, Kazuya, who likes to jerk every day,suddenly can control his lust and gentle to ruka, who is ready to be fcked and kazuya runs away leaving ruka like shit
at least he can told to ruka that he dont want to fck her and he only want to fck with his ex mami chan.
fachauliaSep 5, 2020 3:17 AM
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 5, 2020 3:15 AM

Jul 2020
Ah man what a mess ^^

I do hope that Ruka's talk with Chizuru made Chizuru realize her true feelings for Kazuya.
Clearly Chizuru has some hidden feelings for Kazuya.

It was pleasant to see Kazuya and Chizuru working as a team at the shrine.

Only 3 episodes left for Sumi to show up, I can't wait!
Sep 5, 2020 3:17 AM

Apr 2011
I really hate Kazuya. He is so pathetic. There is a very beautiful girl who loves him even though he is spineless. Yet he can't bring himself to be serious with her. Such an idiot!

Ruka is very cute btw.
Sep 5, 2020 4:06 AM
Apr 2020
Ruka and Kazuya need to spend some time in horny jail
Sep 5, 2020 4:20 AM

Aug 2020
Ruka is an ass, she pisses me off from the start. The same goes for the other characters.
Burn in hell Kazuya, he got a girl who really loves him, but he acted like it was nothing, and still went hard at Chizuru

aLSO, RUKA AAAAA SO DAMN CLINGY, FFS SHE REMINDS ME OF MY EX
Sep 5, 2020 4:34 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kazuya falsehood continued, its even worse. Oh my god. I don't see how to react because in the entire time i just watched their whole drama with a plain expression. But, i must be patience. Its like Ruka said in the end. This is the endurance battle, i must survived the nonsense until its last seconds!

MVP on this episode: grandma, you were so adorable. You even abled to shut down that aggresive chick into believed your mixed feelings. Great. Now the huge scheme of lies still continued until the dooms day coming up. Nice!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 5, 2020 4:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
PoXonn said:

Only 3 episodes left for Sumi to show up, I can't wait!

Will she have an appearance in the next week? Cause i didn't see her in the preview scene.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Sep 5, 2020 5:45 AM
Mar 2017
Man this is just like nisekoi all over again i hate this spineless man who only ran away from problem by lying and more lying like a pathethic if this anime got a parody of doujinshi i will be the one who cuck kazuya by stealing mizuhara from him and let him learn the lesson he needs to learn in order to become a better man and be honest with his feeling and actually make decision in order to get what he want by end up dating mizuhara for real and married and ignores ruka and other heroines. Ive seen some anime where the male MC are alpha chad and actually taking control of his harem or lets just say like this actually make decision to end up with one of the heroines for real, ngl guys i might dropped this anime i cant stand to look at a mc male being spineless, indecisived and lastly lying just to run away from the problem he had to face.
Sep 5, 2020 5:51 AM

Jul 2020
badabass said:

Will she have an appearance in the next week? Cause i didn't see her in the preview scene.

Yeah you're right, I didn't see her in the PV either. I do hope Sumi will make it at least a couple episode and they don't rush her story. (praying) I do have my doubts since the end of the show is near. ^^
Sep 5, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2018
It seems Ruka is still the best girl.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Sep 5, 2020 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
I fucking hate Ruka but Kauzya isn't better. Honestly, I feel sorry for that psychopathic idiot. She's in love with one of the worst harem MCs of all time. Motherfucker realized he was in love with Mizuhara while beating one to his ex-girlfriend haha.

Doesn't Ruka have any other options? Jesus fucking Christ, girl, there are plenty of other fish in the sea who can raise or do whatever to your heart rate so that you don't drop dead. With her looks she can get anyone she wants. Also why did she grab Mizuhara's tit while confronting her? Is that support to mean anything? "Measuring" your opponent? That's not what women do, the fuck lol this was obviously written by a virgin.
臭い-
Sep 5, 2020 6:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
PoXonn said:
badabass said:

Yeah you're right, I didn't see her in the PV either. I do hope Sumi will make it at least a couple episode and they don't rush her story. (praying) I do have my doubts since the end of the show is near. ^^

Well, she might had a little contribution in the next episode, like what happened to Ruka's first met. The show needed a refreshment. So, maybe the next one is the best chance for her to arrived. Lol.

Sep 5, 2020 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Man I thought I would enjoy Ruka the most just cause of her character design. But my god she is persistent and annoying. She's not awful though but I am starting to dislike her each week. I know she probably has some sad story with her heart that will make me soften up to her but Chizuru is by far the best girl in this anime.

Also Ruka helping Chizuru release some feelings that she didn't know she had. Also her fortune pretty much clarified the hidden feelings for Kazuya as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 5, 2020 6:48 AM
Nov 2017
So why exactly did Ruka touch Chizuru's boob?
To see if she was wearing special lingerie for her date?
Sep 5, 2020 6:52 AM

Dec 2009
That was very annoying. Just kill her already. Only a few episodes left so I shouldn't drop the series already I guess, but this show really increases frustration levels to the maximum capacity.

*And yeah... Mami and Ruka. Both go and die. Chizuru, just stay the way you are, you're still good.
Sep 5, 2020 6:56 AM

Jun 2016
Summary: Ruka >>>>>> Chizuru. Simply.
Sep 5, 2020 8:15 AM

Jun 2019
Ruka needs to chill. She's being too clingy.
Sep 5, 2020 8:24 AM
Aug 2020
well my thoughs about this ep..
In a few words it's getting more stupid and unrealistic ep after ep but not enough for stop being entertaining. What a toxic situation with kazuya's grandmother, she's practically the heart of all the show drama and the part I dislike the most.
Another observation is that it seems chizuru is somehow starting to develop feelings for kazuya.
Sep 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
This the kind of anime where you watch the first 2 episodes and the last 2 episodes for least frustration.. If I knew this was gonna happen I would've done so man. Not watching this until EP11 I guess
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 5, 2020 9:33 AM
Mar 2015
The cat fight was very painful
Sep 5, 2020 9:47 AM
Apr 2017
Nylism said:
AniJan said:
This show is a complete dumpster fire, devoid of any merit or even entertainment value at all levels. The show is unbearable to watch even when you turn your brain off.
If you're looking for gratuitous pandering material, watch the relevant portions and avoid everything else. Cringe-inducing to the maximum.

Ever seen School Days? Well, go ahead and post that there.

They're equally bad.
Sep 5, 2020 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
Damn it. Chizuru is great and all, but Ruka really deserves win here. But with main girl laws... meh.
JustAnotherShiroSep 5, 2020 10:55 AM
Sep 5, 2020 11:20 AM

Dec 2015
Overall, I liked the episode. The love hotel was weird, but I guess it did lead us to seeing more of Kazuya's family. Not going to lie, but I was hoping to see Chizuru's family at the shrine. I can only imagine the chaos that would had taken place if that happened. I'm guessing Kazuya's fortune -- "Conflicts: Up against women, you'll lose. Romance: Sudden storms are headed your way" was right on the money based the next episode.

Hanabi-tan said:
Very entertaining and fun episode, I love to see Ruka more on screen and the episodes are not so focused on the character of Mizuhara.

It makes me feel a little bit sad when Ruka tries to be loved but the Kazuya does not realize the wonderful Kanojo that he has in front of him. ;_;

Still waiting for Sumi ^^

I agree, I thought the episode was entertaining in different ways, like how Kazuya keeps digging himself a bigger grave than the last episodes, that makes it fun, but also really annoying. I do feel bad for Ruka, but I think she should take her fortune to heart and not rush things like she's been doing.
Sep 5, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2016
3 more episodes and still no Sumi-chan :(( Come on !! I need the best girl. I'm sick of that stupid Ruka. She's so f*cking annoying

Sep 5, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2011
Alex796 said:

Not that I'm trying to portray myself as an alpha-Chad or whatever, but I have some first-hand life experience with this. When I was younger, I too tried to be all "noble & respectable" about it to the point I turned away on opportunities. But in retrospect, there is nothing to be gained in these situations by being the so-called "mature and not perverted" chump. She's going to get hurt no matter what and a real life Kazuya would just look back at it and facepalm at the missed opportunity.

As I already said, when you can smash - you smash. No ifs and buts. No matter her/your feelings (for someone else). Unless of course you're committed to someone else, which Kazuya clearly isn't.

You mean, we're both wrong because on your own perspective.

It is still morally wrong to take advantage of someone's feelings just to achieve your own desires. If you want to pull an Itou Makoto, sure go ahead but just be prepare for the consequences. I am not talking about experiences here because if we are going to apply experiences here, then I will have just to agree to disagree.

It really takes a real gentleman to do an extreme rational action on that situation. Unless, you really want to be an insensitive prick to achieve your own desires and trampling someone else's feelings. Indeed, the way that Ruka is doing, Ruka will just get hurt in the end but if Kazuya takes advantage of her, just imagine what will Ruka feel. There is a very high possibility that she will break mentally and emotionally and her actions on relationships in the future will affect negatively. And Kazuya already knew himself that he is a scumbag so if ever he learned that she broke Ruka by taking advantage of her, he might not even forgive himself anymore.

Also, Kazuya is trying his best to commit himself to Chizuru, which that was clearly shown on this episode.

Anyway, what I am simply saying is just do not apply your own perspective/experiences here.

Sep 5, 2020 12:04 PM

Nov 2018
I know this Ruka chick is like a stepping stone for Chizuru to fall in love with Kazuya but holy fucking hell she sure gets on my nerve real bad. Just stop meddling with their life jesus christ.
Sep 5, 2020 12:28 PM

May 2018
So Chizuru meeting Kazuya in a diner, Chizuru ask him if he like her , so what did that dickwand of a guy says , he doesn't any feeling for her......

Oh. C'mon , Kazuya you dick wand fuck Ruka for real.
Sep 5, 2020 12:53 PM
Sep 2008
Tennouji said:
Alex796 said:

It is still morally wrong to take advantage of someone's feelings just to achieve your own desires. If you want to pull an Itou Makoto, sure go ahead but just be prepare for the consequences. I am not talking about experiences here because if we are going to apply experiences here, then I will have just to agree to disagree.

It really takes a real gentleman to do an extreme rational action on that situation. Unless, you really want to be an insensitive prick to achieve your own desires and trampling someone else's feelings. Indeed, the way that Ruka is doing, Ruka will just get hurt in the end but if Kazuya takes advantage of her, just imagine what will Ruka feel. There is a very high possibility that she will break mentally and emotionally and her actions on relationships in the future will affect negatively. And Kazuya already knew himself that he is a scumbag so if ever he learned that she broke Ruka by taking advantage of her, he might not even forgive himself anymore.

Also, Kazuya is trying his best to commit himself to Chizuru, which that was clearly shown on this episode.

Anyway, what I am simply saying is just do not apply your own perspective/experiences here.

It is funny how people think of Kazuya as a real gentleman for not taking advantage of Ruka, but trying his best with Chizuru by stalking her and masturbating with her image and his ex. Yeah a total gentleman that keeps getting the attention of all girls in more unrealistic situations with unrealistic results.

Totally realistic 10/10 best anime and MC of all time an example for the posteriority. And totally not another generic MC from a generic harem. XD
CesarMagnanSep 5, 2020 12:59 PM
Sep 5, 2020 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
CesarMagnan said:
It is funny how people think of Kazuya as a real gentleman for not taking advantage of Ruka, but trying his best with Chizuru by stalking her and masturbating with her image and his ex. Yeah a total gentleman that keeps getting the attention of all girls in more unrealistic situations with unrealistic results.

Totally realistic 10/10 best anime and MC of all time an example for the posteriority. And totally not another generic MC from a generic harem. XD

I am pointing only on that love hotel scenario, as I already specified. On other scenarios, yes he is a dickhead.

And I am not sure when I implied that this anime is being realistic, unless your statement is not directed only to me. I simply consider possibilities, given how many romance genre series I have seen.
TennoujiSep 5, 2020 1:13 PM

Sep 5, 2020 1:47 PM
Feb 2020
omg,i thought miko iino from kaguya is the most "forced character" this year,but here comes ruka,and the way it is even worse than miko,but atleast this one is clusterfuck romcom that already bad to begin with,even though finally there is an interesting main heroine of a harem romcom chizuru that actually deserved as the main heroine exist,story and character is like this.
Sep 5, 2020 1:47 PM

Feb 2020
Tennouji said:
Alex796 said:

It is my experience, and lots of other men's. That's the consensus in mens groups on the internet from the 40 year olds. Everyone tried being the gentleman at least once or twice, it just doesn't work like that IRL. As we say where I come from: "when one gives (away), you take. When one hits (you), you run. When one shoots, you duck."

My opinion is that the real scumbag is the one arrogant enough to think he knows what goes in other people's heads, deeming himself a gentleman for living up to values cherished only by himself.
Alex796Sep 5, 2020 1:51 PM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.