Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 28, 2020 12:19 PM

Feb 2019
srafayms said:

cythraul said:
So they have less material to adapt this time, that's good. I was worried they were dragging this out and then rushing out every remaining thing.

So this is really the last season? Has LN finished yet or what?
Apparently it is.
Aug 28, 2020 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
Ebina again using that word "rotten" when speaking about herself.. Well, hints are there, but anime isn't focusing on it too much..
Eh?.. "Semantics"?.. Well.. I don't see really why you have to pathologize such thing as helping in the first place?.. Turning it into codependency in the first place, lol.. When you can just see it neutrally, not in negative light, eh?.. The problem anime is revolving around right now - the topic of codependency.. Just where were such acts, hm?.. I don't like how everyone is fine pathologizing such a simple thing as group work.. You don't have to do that in the first place, you know?.. ;P And I don't like how all characters are just fine with this and totally all are agreeing with this line of thinking, not thinking neutrally, but negatively..
Anyway, I'm just annoyed at best at these talks, because their ground is just false, and Haruno just going smug deeper, when the ground is worthless in the first place?.. It's just annoying, really.. I really thought better about Haruno.. But she's just obsessed with pathologizing their relationship into such word as "codependency".. I really thought better of you, Haruno..
I could write more to Haruno's talk, but I better save my time, because it's just fundamentally wrong, and in which way - I already said.. Don't pathologize, watch at things neutrally.. That's all.. I hope we'll get over these things soon, or I'll really have to listen to all this annoyance?..
Well, overall, everyone continues to suffer from pathologizing concept part X episode, I guess.. Not my cup of tea, because this in particular problem I view on the ground differently.. A bit more annoying episode than anything, I guess.. Maybe would be better, if at least someone would just call out "pathologizing!".. But everyone are meek at best.. Oh well..
It's really annoying to write this obvious thing every episode, really.. It'd be annoying to watch this anime not weekly, I guess..
Aug 28, 2020 2:44 PM
Dec 2019
cchigu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally! A beach episode. Naked feet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I lost. Thanks, Watari and feel. for the much-needed fanservice.
Yumiko has softened a lot, never would have expected her to help 8man. And Ebina Hina too, especially considering what this trash of a human being 8man did to her during the school trip. Ebina is a very smart girl, sometimes it feels like she knows everything that is going on in the show.

RIP in pieces, 8man, the final raid boss, Yukimama is furious, and rightfully so. Honestly though, I really loved my boi standing up to her. She needs someone to drag her down from her high horse, and hopefully that someone ends up being either 8man or her own youngest daughter.

We are in the endgame now, this episode marks the end of v13. Only one volume remains to be adapted. Considering the length and the importance of volume 14, it is scary that there are only going to be 4 episodes allocated to it. Fingers crossed.

Oregairu is ending, slowly but surely. widepeeposad

What actually is Yuigahama’s wish? Has it been specified yet?
Aug 28, 2020 2:51 PM

May 2010
He did the impossible, he took down the queen. Something Haruno couldn't even do!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 28, 2020 4:34 PM
Jul 2015
So, what was the point of this whole prom arc (aside from growth for Yukino, which we didn't get to see btw)? Hachiman's idea just seemed dumb to me from the start, but here they just brush it aside anyway after more than half a season worth of content. The thing that made the prom happen wasn't the dummy plan, it was sensei saying that students wanted it to happen and would likely hold it anyway outside of the school's control if the PTA didn't allow it. That and Hachiman more or less guilting Yukino's mum into helping them persuade the PTA.
The whole dummy plan was completely unnecessary. The school doesn't get more control if there are multiple choices.
Unless I missed something, but I don't think so.
This combined with the unnecessarily vague and convoluted dialogue for the overarching plot, makes this season really underwhelming to watch.
Aug 28, 2020 4:44 PM
Mar 2020
When Yukino sister told Hachiman that the relationsip between the three of them is depedency and not something genuine, I'm not completly understand what she meant by that. But after watching this episode I do and it make sense. I/m getting excitied for more episode to come
Aug 28, 2020 4:48 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ciaran3110 said:
No, it hasn't been specified and it will never be specified explicitly.

Probably, her wish is to put an end to trio's current superficial relationship and then form new genuine bonds with 8man and Yukinon. Probably.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 28, 2020 7:16 PM
Aug 2020
cchigu said:
ciaran3110 said:
No, it hasn't been specified and it will never be specified explicitly.

Probably, her wish is to put an end to trio's current superficial relationship and then form new genuine bonds with 8man and Yukinon. Probably.

No, the Yui's wish is already known since the last episode from S2. She wants "everything", this means she wants Hachiman love and an unchanging environment between the club members, but she knows she can't achieve it because it's impossible for her get Hachiman's love and at the sametime she knows it's impossible to have hachiman or yukino closer to each other once they part ways but she is selfish enough to not let one of these things go.
She's not trying to form anything genuine, she is trying to do the opposite and she already said she don't yearn for something genuine. And because of that Yui then tries to manipulate Yukino to maintain their relationship stagnated while makes advances on Hachiman.
Yukino's wish is the same as Yui but the direction is the opposite, in other words, She wants Hachiman's love and maintain her relationship with Yui. But unlike Yui that try to do things in a superficial way, Yukino is trying to do it in a genuine way and then is she that tries to put an end in the "superficial" relationship, but her answer is kinda wrong and she doesn't know that.

In other words, both want hachiman for themselves and both want to maintain their relationships, but obviously only one wish can be achieved and both of them tries to get it in a different way. While Yui is trying to put a lie and make everyone ok with that, Yukino is trying to put the truth ending this "fake" relationship. Superficiality and Genuineness.

Why Yukino made that wish to Hachiman?(this could be easily explained if they didn't cut the fucking Yukino's interlude)
Simple, because this is the answer she got that leads to the genuine, Yukino was made to believe that her relationship with Hachiman is codependency and she thinks that she's not worthy for him, the whole 8 episodes is about Hachiman not respecting Yukino's decision which mislead her to reinforce even more the "codependecy" idea and to worse it more during the pasts whole 4-6 episodes Yui was really aggressive about Hachiman and the thought of her about them going out and having fun contributes even more to her to believe that she's not worthy for him and increases her insecurity in her relationship with him which then finally leads her for this WRONG ANSWER which made her to wish Hachiman that

Hachiman motivation: Hachiman motivation for going out with Yui in the start (the firsts 4 episodes) was because he was missing Yukino which made him extremely depressed(to the point of him play games non-stop during 3 days) and then knowing that Yui was not helping Yukino either, because Yukino was not asking them more assistance, he then invited her being considerate and trying to get some "normality" to distract himself. After, when we got at ep 4 Hachiman knew that Yukino was in trouble and was wanting to be on her side, and then he got an opportunity and goes for it but he keeps giving excuses just to be on her side. Then everything in ep 5 happens and then they are fighting each other and Yui uses this opportunity to be more aggressive on Hachiman(Anime cut part of it but she's really clingy during Vol 13) but Hachiman doesn't care and continue the whole dummy prom to prove to her that their relationship is not codependecy, but Yukino knew that Yui is helping (when Yui explicity says that on her face)
which mislead Yukino to believe even more on not being worthy for him.
In other words, Hachiman really loves Yukino and is doing everything just to be on her side but keeps using excuses for this:"Promise", "Responsability", "Man's pride" and "Spirit of volunteering". Each excuse is given to different characters and every character get what Hachiman means with that.

Everything about Yukino's wrong answer and seeking genuine are supposed to be in her interlude in this episode but feel butchered it.

It's a very strange way to put Yukino and Yui wishes being something like "confess to hachiman", the correct way is "confess their feelings/be honest with their feelings". This is a better way to use that because this can be used to generalize the wishes of the three instead of Yukino and Yui only. Now, depends for who that they want to confess their feelings to.

PS: The whole Yukino thinking that Yui is better for Hachiman started prior S3, this is not a new thing. Everything was made for her to believe that, obviously her friendship and selfless played here as well, but it's not the great reason that she made that wish. She was made to believe that her relationship with Hachiman is "fake" and she's well aware about being a problematic girl(loner, family problems, personality and etc...) which contributes for her to believe that a normal girl like Yui can make him happy.
KamiKuroShiroAug 28, 2020 7:30 PM
Aug 28, 2020 7:33 PM
Aug 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions on this episode. First, I don't understand of who Hayato is talking about during his conversation with Hachiman at the beginning of this ep. Is he talking about Yukino? Did he had feelings upon her?
Plus, what is his relationship with Haruno? Are they good friends because Hayato tried to help Yukino?
And what's going on with Haruno? What does she wants with the trio? Out of the 'genuine'? I dunno what to think of her. What do you guys think of her?
Aug 28, 2020 7:47 PM

Apr 2019
Well damn, the amount of drama and emotion that this season has brought really has been something. And this episode is no exception to that.

Now with this episode airing, we are now down volume 13 of the LN, which makes the next 4 volume 14, and I'm honestly kinda worried since volume 14 was delayed like twice before releasing last November, but I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for us.

Anyways, I guess you can say we're in the endgame now.

Such a good episode, a good amount of feels were mixed in this one. Can't wait see see how the last 4 will play out!
Aug 28, 2020 7:48 PM
Aug 2020
brun_oisif said:
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions on this episode. First, I don't understand of who Hayato is talking about during his conversation with Hachiman at the beginning of this ep. Is he talking about Yukino? Did he had feelings upon her?
Plus, what is his relationship with Haruno? Are they good friends because Hayato tried to help Yukino?
And what's going on with Haruno? What does she wants with the trio? Out of the 'genuine'? I dunno what to think of her. What do you guys think of her?

It's pretty hard to know if Hayama have/had feelings for Yukino, he was speaking about his past which he regrets for not being able to do nothing. But later when he's speaking with Haruno, in Hayama interlude that was been cut shows that him is seeking for Haruno forgiveness. They are not good friends, For Haruno Hayama is just a toy that she can hurt at ease while Hayama is seeking for her forgiveness, She helds a grudge on him because he wasn't able to help her sister in the past.
What Haruno wants is Hachiman and Yukino stop playing around and spit their feelings for each other, but haruno is a bit twisted in her method.
Aug 28, 2020 7:48 PM
Oct 2015
brun_oisif said:
Hello everyone,

The three of them were childhood friends. Yukino was bullied by the girls in her school because she was close to Hayato when she was in elementary school. You can guess what Hayato was doing at the time. He did the same thing when helping Rumi. This made the bullying even worse. Yukino hated Hayato after that, Haruno also hated Hayato, who did not help Yukino seriously at that time. This made Hayato deeply regret it
Aug 28, 2020 8:11 PM

Apr 2020
brun_oisif said:
Hello everyone,

1. Hayama is implied to have a really close relationship with Yukinoshita in their elementary years. Somewhere along that timeline, due to a very vague conflict, he betrayed Yukino and now they just interact with each other to keep up with appearances. Yukino hates Hayama for his betrayal, and Hayama is regretful for what he's done.

It isn't really stated what exact feelings Hayama has for Yukino but he does care about her so much to understand and be concerned for her.

2. Hayato's relationship with Haruno is very uncertain but one thing is clear that Hayato looks up to Haruno and that Haruno sees him as a little brother. They've known each other for a long time and Hayato probably interacts more with Haruno now due to her position. Though to be honest, no one in the story can concretely say that they are friends with Haruno. She probably has no real friends because of her masks.

3. Haruno's motivation to play the devil's advocate is stemming from her wish to better Yukino. She wants Yukino to grow and be independent rather than being reliant on people like Hayato, Yuigahama or Hikigaya. As to why she cares so much, there isn't really anything concrete but some say it's because of her jealousy of Yukino and that she didn't have any opportunity to experience what Yukino is experiencing. She probably wants the trio to grow out of their silly love triangle of codependence so that her sister's growth won't be hampered.

Even though she's a force of nature, I do think she can be wrong sometimes.
Aug 28, 2020 9:33 PM
Sep 2018
After finishing watching this episode, my first action was to hop over here and check to see if it was the final episode...
I'm glad it isn't.

Mind, it could have been, and in my mind it would have worked; life can be like this, after all.

With four more episodes...
Just what is Yui's wish?
Wasn't she desiring that the three of them, this season, last forever?
If so...he's been given his marching orders to make that happen, by one who has total confidence in him.
Aug 28, 2020 9:35 PM
Apr 2020
If yukino and hachiman dont end up together im so done
Aug 28, 2020 10:33 PM
Sep 2018
can someone please explain to me how and why im not enjoying this season? im a big fan of this series, first season was a cool introduction and the second season is full of emotional drama (the ending shocked me so much i forgot that i watched it when i was rewatching). but for some reason, this season bored and cringed me a lil bit. is it because hiki making too many jokes? is it because its so melodramatic? is this supposed to be the last season? then why are we doing stuco work on creating a prom instead of focusing on the drama directly? it feels distracting. how are we gonna resolve everything in 4 episodes? idk please i dont want to hate this show, i dont want to not 'get it'.

will someone smart enough care to explain to lil ol dumb me why this 'climax' is so good? did i make a mistake of not rewatching before this season starts?
zetton2Aug 28, 2020 11:29 PM
Aug 28, 2020 10:43 PM
Jun 2020
JakkoFourEyes said:
So, what was the point of this whole prom arc (aside from growth for Yukino, which we didn't get to see btw)? Hachiman's idea just seemed dumb to me from the start, but here they just brush it aside anyway after more than half a season worth of content. The thing that made the prom happen wasn't the dummy plan, it was sensei saying that students wanted it to happen and would likely hold it anyway outside of the school's control if the PTA didn't allow it. That and Hachiman more or less guilting Yukino's mum into helping them persuade the PTA.
The whole dummy plan was completely unnecessary. The school doesn't get more control if there are multiple choices.
Unless I missed something, but I don't think so.
This combined with the unnecessarily vague and convoluted dialogue for the overarching plot, makes this season really underwhelming to watch.
Well, its more or less stated in the LN that Hachiman knew the dummy plan wouldn't work with Yukimom, but it seemed like he had a trump card if he played it right, but anime doesnt show this, so yeah, this is what happens..
Aug 28, 2020 10:46 PM
Jun 2020
zetton2 said:
can someone please explain to me how and why im not enjoying this season? im a big fan of this series, first season was a cool introduction and the second season is full of emotional drama (the ending shocked me so much i forgot that i watched it when i was rewatching). but for some reason, this season bored and cringed me a lil bit. is it because hiki making too many jokes? is it because its so melodramatic? is this supposed to be the last season? then why are we doing stuco work on creating a prom instead of focusing on the drama directly? it feels distracting. how are we gonna resolve everything in 4 episodes? idk please i dont want to hate this show, i dont want to not 'get it'.

will someone smart enough care to explain to lil ol dumb me why this 'climax' is so good? did i make a mistake of not rewatching before this season starts?
Its not a good adaptation, only a average one, this season..
Aug 28, 2020 11:33 PM
Sep 2018
zetton2 said:

i thought this show is a parody or satire of romcoms. i thought this show was all about showing the complexity of human relationships, focusing especially on friendship, that two people of the opposite sex can still be friends without romance. so why tf do we get a love triangle here? its implied sure but it feels so hamfisted. i feel like everything the last two season has been building up was thrown out the window for 'which girl is gonna win?'. im not saying there shouldn't be any romance but this just become a romcom even though they were making fun of it (its even in the fucking title). i fucking hate the whole trope of 'i love him but he prolly doesnt love me back and i dont want to change my relationship with him and others' bs.
sorry, feel like ranting a bit.
Aug 29, 2020 1:42 AM

Feb 2020
I'll be honest........I can't understand 70% of this Anime.....

Maybe this Anime isn't for me!!
Aug 29, 2020 4:48 AM
Oct 2015
zetton2 said:
zetton2 said:

i thought this show is a parody or satire of romcoms. i thought this show was all about showing the complexity of human relationships, focusing especially on friendship, that two people of the opposite sex can still be friends without romance. so why tf do we get a love triangle here? its implied sure but it feels so hamfisted. i feel like everything the last two season has been building up was thrown out the window for 'which girl is gonna win?'. im not saying there shouldn't be any romance but this just become a romcom even though they were making fun of it (its even in the fucking title). i fucking hate the whole trope of 'i love him but he prolly doesnt love me back and i dont want to change my relationship with him and others' bs.

zetton2 said:
zetton2 said:

Simple, you expect the wrong things in this anime. I don't blame you because they cut a lot of romance scenes in season 1.
Season 1 and 2 adapted 6 volumes and 5 volumes, respectively. Season 3 only adapted 3 volumes(12-13-14). So I understand why it feels dragged. I agree they should focus on adapting Hachiman's monologue to explain the situation rather than Hachiman silly jokes or focus on adapting the longest volume(the last volume). I don't understand why they adapted it now after they cut all of his jokes in season 2.
"Why are we doing stuco work on creating a prom instead of focusing on the drama directly?"
That's the point, Hachiman and Yukino always needed reasons to act. They use request from iroha as an excuse. This will be the focus of the final 4 episodes, they have to stop making excuses. I honestly suggest you ignore all these bullshit proms and just focus on the problem and their motivation for doing this. Novel readers also dislike Volumes 12 and 13 because they feel like fillers and dragged. The last volume (14) is what keeps me watching this. They should have adapted Volume 14 in 5-6 episodes, now it will feel rushed because they will adapt the best volume in 4 episodes. The last volume was 1.5 times thicker than the previous volume
Aug 29, 2020 7:23 AM
Apr 2015
civonad said:
Okay many things on my mind.
Firstly, why was hachiman okay with the fact yukino asked him to grant Yui's wish, doesn't that go against everything he believes in and that it is not genuine?

Well I think he had no choice but accept it, he respected her decision. Remember s2e13? Yukino didn't have any chance to voice out her choice but now she had one.
Aug 29, 2020 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
Good grief! This series became so boring.
At this point, I'm just watching to see how it ends. Low-quality Game of Thrones school politics is lame.
Aug 29, 2020 10:34 AM
Jan 2011
imperator-sky said:
God it keep getting worst and worst, I start to cringe so hard during their futile drama conversations...
Am I the only one missing s1 ?

Of course not. I was missing S1 ever since it was announced that Feel would take over. I'm still as butthurt about the Feel chara design as I was when I saw bishi-man for the 1st time.

However S2 largely mad up for its own weaknesses. And S3 is still riding the strong momentum of the franchise, but it is obviously the weakest. The usual symptoms of 'going on for too long' are here: characters are nothing like they were (no that isnt character development), screen times are off, 8man is popular with girls (literally everything validates him all the time, it would be kind of funny with the his old chara designs, because it wouldnt feel justified) and so on, most importantly thought the MYOPIC focus. I hate when creators do that. Where is everyone. Where is everyday's life. Now its story-story-story. Story should emerge from the narrative, not be all of it. I feel like to a great extent, its anime-only problem.

S1 > S2 > S3

Well, its getting worse and I miss S1, but S3 is still great. At this rate, it would need 2 more seasons until it would become a farce. Pray to God the milking wont start after S3.

- spring 202
45m of sad pandas in S3 OVA for Yukino-Hachiman date (I havent read last volume, so I'm just predicting here)

- summer 2021
20m OVA testing waters. Recap of 8man's college life. Synopsis: "Loner 8man faces new problems as he has to manage his life between study and his 5 girflriends, ex-teacher Hiratsuka and future wife's older sister milf-in-the-making Haruno. Unexpectedly, one lonely evening, he finds Yui-mom and Yuki-mom discussing their husband problems - will 8man also show them Something Genuine?"

- fall 2022
12ep S4. Synopsis: "Loner-guru 8man becomes corporal-slave in Yuki-mom's company to support his demanding harem. Sacrificing his dream of being a loving house-wise, he must now work with Kawa-something-san, who wants to start an office romance. Seeing this, his senpai, Yuki-no-clone 2.0 says Nothing Genuine exists. Seing her lonely expression, 8man decides to help her find her way. First, he must persuade ever-more-alarmed Yuigahama, that these will be the last additions to his prized collection of females that needed his help."

- winter 2023
12ep S5. Synopsis: "Living the life he could never dream of, 8man, one day meets a cute kouhai from his high school. Chatting over some tea, she tells him his high school prom was long hailed as legendary by all that witnessed it, earned him an unattainable status of mysterious hero among students of 3 years and leaving three school years of women unable to find satisfactory partner in life. Thus came to existence the Consortium of genuine maidens - open society of women who desire something more - more genuine. Following in the philosophy of Hachi, otherwise known as Mugen-Eight, without awarenes conceptualized by the 8man himself, there is now a cult of thirsty MILFs waiting for 8man to lead them to awakening. Will he find the courage to bestow truth upon the members of his new religion?"
sspitAug 29, 2020 10:52 AM
Aug 29, 2020 10:41 AM

Jun 2019
What a great episode.
Yukino asking Hikki to grant Yuigahama's wish and those tears really got me.
This show really is something else. God damnit.
Aug 29, 2020 2:08 PM

Feb 2008

Hachiman is busy gaining the affection of every single female member of the Yukinoshita family.

It was nice to see Ebina again. I guess knowing how to handle a camera is one of the signature traits of a fujoshi.
Aug 29, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2017
Yukino telling Hikki to choose Yui and Hikki agreeing is pretty insulting to Yui in a lot of ways, plus they haven't taken her thoughts and opinion into consideration. It feels like betraying everything they've been through and mean to each other to just settle for this outcome that none of them will be happy with.

The whole idea of co-dependency has poisoned their relationship and caused them to make hasty decisions in order to try to desperately prove they aren't co-dependent. I just hope the story doesn't end this way and they can have even a small amount of happiness.
Aug 29, 2020 5:36 PM
Jan 2011
Yukino isnt very smart. Blowing up relationships because her loser sister. Haruno spends most her time criticizing high schoolers. No friends,life,etc. And she has to nerve to run her mouth about relationships. They all are stunted socially. Her family is more codependent on her than she is on Hiki. That's just a regular friendship. Her family is more mental abuse.
Aug 29, 2020 6:36 PM
Apr 2020
I have been waiting 5 years to see what will happen to the characters and I really am going to be disappointed if it does not end in yukino and hachiman together.
Aug 29, 2020 10:24 PM

Jun 2012
You can already tell the next episode is gonna be depressing as shit.
Aug 29, 2020 11:42 PM
May 2020
Sadaemon said:
ShiroHachi said:
bruh, they adapted almost all of Yui's interludes, but when Yukino's interlude appeared. They only adapt 1 sentence lol. Here are some important things that were skipped in this episode.
1. Hachiman who felt that his philosophy was similar to Ebina and Hayama
2. Hachiman is annoyed/jealous in his monologue when he hears about Hayama's regretful past.
3. Hayama thinks Hachiman lied about "A man's pride" in his monologue
4. Hayama'monologue about Hachiman and Yukino relationship :

5. Yukino's monologue

Man, last 2 ones hit very hard :( Can't wait a happy ending, hopefully. Otherwise, I'll drop my score right to the ground
True as fuck bro. After all these 8 episodes, there is only pain and suffering. Hope they sooth our souls with a good ending.
Aug 29, 2020 11:49 PM
May 2020
A complete episode with another roller-coaster of emotions.

I can't help bit feel angry at all those three. They all are thinking about what is the right thing to do and acting all mighty high. But that kind of thing really fucks up everything. Rather than that, they should just focus on what they want and be honest with it. It might be painful for some at the moment, but in the long term things always end up giving relief to everyone around and everyone can move forward.

Hachiman not saying what he want and just along with what Yukiono requested is fucked up as hell. This will not be good for any of the three.
Aug 30, 2020 3:58 AM
Jan 2019
Pretty goood episode, finally ENDGAME territory I wonder if the gaha-mama ship might actually progress. The conversation with Haruno about codependency was interesting, I feel like it could be a case of both that and genuine feelings between 8man and Yukino.

Hachiman really finessed Yukinoshita mom with the "you literally ran me over before, so make this prom happen" card...lmaooo but a bit of persuasion from the 8man as well. He's definitely still slimy at times but he's grown overall compared to the beginning of the series.

The conversation between Yukino and him...damn man if his feelings are genuine for her he might be hesitant to follow through and agree, Now it beginssss last 4 episodes i'm wondering how this fun story ends

:0

F,P
Aug 30, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 2020
It was like the end of the triangle relationship. Someone has to break it. But, a question beholds. Who will break the "chain"?
Well, still I love the Beach (YAY! Finally some good remakes and a sort of services, oops).

Anyway, these are the important things that happened in this episode.

1. Hikigaya Hachiman

2. Yukino Yukinoshita

3. Yui Yuigahama

Well, that's it! Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode (the teaser was very intriguing, I hope I won't miss that one) and we have 4 episodes to go. Ah, it'll end soon. I don't know what to say about it anymore, not sure that they'll finish the LN part on the last episode, but let's see!
KiyaHaruOct 8, 2021 6:31 PM
Aug 30, 2020 10:35 AM
Apr 2020
hachiman and yukino's relationship incomplete in light novel ending
That's make me sad
I hope in anime his relationship with not become
De facto couple
That's what I wish
If it complete like LN as uncomplicated then it would be surly sad ending
It's mean he didn't fully end up yukino or didn't fully rejected yui

In last yui gave his req hearing that yukinon laughed and say **********

and hachiman said his last word,As I expected my teen love comedy was wrong
And it's end

Story end
Waiting for 5 year for this kind of ending
Abhinandan2002Aug 30, 2020 11:02 AM
Aug 30, 2020 3:01 PM
Apr 2020
DsMasterBR said:
cythraul said:
I suppose the next episode will mark the end of this arc. Well at least we got some yukino in this episode. The amount of screentime she has been getting this season is criminal.

Yukino wants hikki to grant yui's wish. I am just wondering what she will say. Yukino was truly beautiful in the clubroom scene.

Heyo! What would Yui's wish be exactly? I always thought her wish was that the three of them could stay together forever as friends, but apparently it's not.

You can hear it last moments of this serise
Aug 30, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2020
Meta_Yoshi said:
ShiroHachi said:

We understand that, Rezero also cuts a lot of things but not many readers complain. Why? They know which parts to cut so that viewers and readers have a similar experience. Meanwhile, oregairu s3 at this point provides a different experience between anime only and LN readers.

From my perspective, that's down to the different scriptwriters involved at the respective studios and down to the genre type that Re Zero and OreGairu is.

I know I should read both LN's of each series at some point, but from what I can see, Oregairu would be far more heavy on the dialogue between the larger cast of characters compared to Re Zero, which is far more focused on action, which is easier to adapt.

And don't get me started on the original Monogatari novels, though. I love both the novels and the anime adaptations, but the experience you get from both is different, and for good reason, too.

Should've said that the Light Novel gave another sensation as the premise is pretty complex and it's not as vague as the anime. (I hate to say this, but I always look to solve for the subtle things in every episode. I won't bother with that, but people might find it as a complicated thing) And true, ReZero has a lot involved in the action rather than one-by-one dialogue or even a monologue and of course, with a solemnly different premise compared to Oregairu. I find it's interesting to compare the LN with the Anime, and I might say I enjoyed to both read LN and watch the anime.
Aug 30, 2020 3:29 PM
Mar 2019
For me, this show is less and less enjoyable because Hachiman is trying to be too nice rather than just deciding on what he likes. It’s painful to see everyone ignore all the obvious cues and Hachiman letting Yukino take responsibility for ending the love triangle than doing it himself. It’s really annoying and completely different from the first season where he didn’t give a crap about being hated but did what he felt was right.

Also if this is the “point”, then the series is going about it in such a circuitous manner. Verbose writing doesn’t mean good writing. And Oregairu is an anime that thinks it’s rly doing something different just because it uses fancier language like codepedency and nihilistic characters. Being different doesn’t mean being good.
Aug 30, 2020 3:35 PM

Jun 2020
Gendolfas said:
Ebina again using that word "rotten" when speaking about herself.. Well, hints are there, but anime isn't focusing on it too much..
Eh?.. "Semantics"?.. Well.. I don't see really why you have to pathologize such thing as helping in the first place?.. Turning it into codependency in the first place, lol.. When you can just see it neutrally, not in negative light, eh?.. The problem anime is revolving around right now - the topic of codependency.. Just where were such acts, hm?.. I don't like how everyone is fine pathologizing such a simple thing as group work.. You don't have to do that in the first place, you know?.. ;P And I don't like how all characters are just fine with this and totally all are agreeing with this line of thinking, not thinking neutrally, but negatively..
Anyway, I'm just annoyed at best at these talks, because their ground is just false, and Haruno just going smug deeper, when the ground is worthless in the first place?.. It's just annoying, really.. I really thought better about Haruno.. But she's just obsessed with pathologizing their relationship into such word as "codependency".. I really thought better of you, Haruno..
I could write more to Haruno's talk, but I better save my time, because it's just fundamentally wrong, and in which way - I already said.. Don't pathologize, watch at things neutrally.. That's all.. I hope we'll get over these things soon, or I'll really have to listen to all this annoyance?..
Well, overall, everyone continues to suffer from pathologizing concept part X episode, I guess.. Not my cup of tea, because this in particular problem I view on the ground differently.. A bit more annoying episode than anything, I guess.. Maybe would be better, if at least someone would just call out "pathologizing!".. But everyone are meek at best.. Oh well..
It's really annoying to write this obvious thing every episode, really.. It'd be annoying to watch this anime not weekly, I guess..

I might say that she is just being sceptical about her true self. As we know from S2, Ebina has the rotten personality type too, not as much as Hikigaya. (well, he has the most rotten personality, what can I say?) About Haruno, she was actually trying to help them, though. She was right about that, and she felt that this wrong love comedy should be ceased. Pathologize? Perhaps, I might say that the triangle has a lot of codependencies. (I want to say about it more, but no, I've written it for literally 10-15 minutes, no need to waste my time for it) Well, it's your opinion to decide, but must say that this kind of relationship is unhealthy and definitely wrong from the start.
Aug 30, 2020 3:43 PM

Jun 2020
Led_Wayline said:

Hachiman is busy gaining the affection of every single female member of the Yukinoshita family.

It was nice to see Ebina again. I guess knowing how to handle a camera is one of the signature traits of a fujoshi.

Hahaha, I know really. Fujoshi is the best in terms of handling a camera. And also, Hachiman didn't really mean to gain the affection, he was just trying to improvise with the situation and made it more intriguing with his Joker card.
Aug 30, 2020 3:54 PM

Jun 2020
yushuf said:
For me, this show is less and less enjoyable because Hachiman is trying to be too nice rather than just deciding on what he likes. It’s painful to see everyone ignore all the obvious cues and Hachiman letting Yukino take responsibility for ending the love triangle than doing it himself. It’s really annoying and completely different from the first season where he didn’t give a crap about being hated but did what he felt was right.

Also if this is the “point”, then the series is going about it in such a circuitous manner. Verbose writing doesn’t mean good writing. And Oregairu is an anime that thinks it’s rly doing something different just because it uses fancier language like codepedency and nihilistic characters. Being different doesn’t mean being good.

Well, true. Hachiman is in very big confusion. Aside from that he knew he should break the chain, he doesn't want to do as he is being naive with all matters of his relationship with both of them, and this is getting even more complicated as his method was successful yet not.

In Season 1, his personality is very rotten compared to Season 3. In Season 3, he decides to hate his current self and likes to do anything for the other people. It's his hypocrisy philosophy as he used to love himself and hates the other people and society in general. As he already finds it that society actually is interesting, it's changed into his hypocrisy state of being.

Well, if you have read the LN, it has a more philosophical side which I think it's very intriguing to watch. Yet it's some subtle stuff which I'm sure people will be crying as they can't understand the plot. I might say that the verbose writing here is much better to tell about the story as if it'd written in a conventional and bluntly, I'm not sure that the anime won't be interesting, especially for the people who love philosophical and dramatic story.
Aug 30, 2020 4:03 PM
Mar 2019
arzor_blades26 said:
yushuf said:

Well, true. Hachiman is in very big confusion. Aside from that he knew he should break the chain, he doesn't want to do as he is being naive with all matters of his relationship with both of them, and this is getting even more complicated as his method was successful yet not.

In Season 1, his personality is very rotten compared to Season 3. In Season 3, he decides to hate his current self and likes to do anything for the other people. It's his hypocrisy philosophy as he used to love himself and hates the other people and society in general. As he already finds it that society actually is interesting, it's changed into his hypocrisy state of being.

Well, if you have read the LN, it has a more philosophical side which I think it's very intriguing to watch. Yet it's some subtle stuff which I'm sure people will be crying as they can't understand the plot. I might say that the verbose writing here is much better to tell about the story as if it'd written in a conventional and bluntly, I'm not sure that the anime won't be interesting, especially for the people who love philosophical and dramatic story.

You make some good points. However I disagree that verbose writing is better here. You don't need monologues every 5 minutes to convey complex emotions. That's just poor plot development. In general, the main conflict in the story are the 3 characters' inability to make a move and just do/say what they want. As a viewer, I'm annoyed by this because there's nothing rly stopping them from simply resolving this. All they have to do is just confess...
Aug 30, 2020 4:09 PM

Jun 2020
yushuf said:
arzor_blades26 said:

You make some good points. However I disagree that verbose writing is better here. You don't need monologues every 5 minutes to convey complex emotions. That's just poor plot development. In general, the main conflict in the story are the 3 characters' inability to make a move and just do/say what they want. As a viewer, I'm annoyed by this because there's nothing rly stopping them from simply resolving this. All they have to do is just confess...

Ah, got it. Exactly. And yes, they just can't simply solve it. The sincerity hasn't revealed yet and of course, it gives people a headache because they are too reluctant to say something that they really want to say...
Aug 30, 2020 4:37 PM

Sep 2008
I suggest, polyamory. They clearly like each other, this makes no fucking sense, I'd even dare to say that there's more love between the girls than with Hikigaya. Like, the way they look at eachother, come on.

Again, Polyamory. Yui keeps saying she wants it all. So, why the eff not.
Aug 30, 2020 5:58 PM
Aug 2020
NekoshiNailz said:
I suggest, polyamory. They clearly like each other, this makes no fucking sense, I'd even dare to say that there's more love between the girls than with Hikigaya. Like, the way they look at eachother, come on.

For it to happen they need to agree with that, but...
For Hachiman: There's only one girl that he loves and it's Yukino, it's pretty clear and if this not become clear yet then it will become very soon.
For Yukino & Yui: I will not deny that they really have some yuribaits but generally those yuribait is used to show manipulations from Yui because she wants things in the way she wishes and then she get desperate and do that. Not denying that sometimes we get it to show affection between them but it's really hard for it to not have an ulterior motive behind it and obviously the two girls are not in love with each other for they to agree with that too.
So you can't have polyamory when there's one side that isn't loved.
Aug 30, 2020 9:55 PM

Jun 2020
KamiKuroShiro said:
NekoshiNailz said:

For it to happen they need to agree with that, but...
For Hachiman: There's only one girl that he loves and it's Yukino, it's pretty clear and if this not become clear yet then it will become very soon.
For Yukino & Yui: I will not deny that they really have some yuribaits but generally those yuribait is used to show manipulations from Yui because she wants things in the way she wishes and then she get desperate and do that. Not denying that sometimes we get it to show affection between them but it's really hard for it to not have an ulterior motive behind it and obviously the two girls are not in love with each other for they to agree with that too.
So you can't have polyamory when there's one side that isn't loved.

Exactly. it's pretty obvious to see that who Hachiman likes after we get this far. And polyamory somewhat makes sense, but I don't see any obvious motives from Yukino (Well, it's not that obvious and rather hard to tell). So, it's not the polyamory.
Aug 30, 2020 11:50 PM

Aug 2018
arzor_blades26 said:
About Haruno, she was actually trying to help them, though. She was right about that, and she felt that this wrong love comedy should be ceased. Pathologize? Perhaps, I might say that the triangle has a lot of codependencies. (I want to say about it more, but no, I've written it for literally 10-15 minutes, no need to waste my time for it) Well, it's your opinion to decide, but must say that this kind of relationship is unhealthy and definitely wrong from the start.

Well, we have different opinions on it.. I don't really see, how working in group should be taken as something negative?.. In fact, adults have to learn such skills as organizing group and working in it, as well as many successful adults like to work with the team they formed, and work on different projects as a team..
Also you must learn how to delegate and assign responsibilities, so that don't end like Yukino at the festival arc at the end of season 1, when the following day she couldn't even come to school, because she was sick.. I personally think that adults should be ready to work as a group, not only try to handle all by yourself.. You just physically can't do that, and look at Yukino at the end of season 1, when she truly couldn't handle it.. And that's the thing.. You should be able to work in groups, big projects aren't achievable on your own..
Aug 31, 2020 12:02 AM

Apr 2020
Boy oh boy what a episode!

I missed the sassy blonde chick lol despite her personality, I also loved that we get to see Ebina once again. We had dem legs lol.

The ending sequence was a massive impact on me. As a member of the Yui team, I somehow got stabbed in the heart seeing Yukino cry. I just wish both of the girls would be happy after the ending because we're 8/12 close to the grand finale! I cant wait for more episodes to be aired.!
“You can’t always hold on to the things that are important. By letting them go we gain something else.” – Kunio Yaobi
Aug 31, 2020 1:20 AM

Jun 2020
Gendolfas said:
arzor_blades26 said:
About Haruno, she was actually trying to help them, though. She was right about that, and she felt that this wrong love comedy should be ceased. Pathologize? Perhaps, I might say that the triangle has a lot of codependencies. (I want to say about it more, but no, I've written it for literally 10-15 minutes, no need to waste my time for it) Well, it's your opinion to decide, but must say that this kind of relationship is unhealthy and definitely wrong from the start.

Well, we have different opinions on it.. I don't really see, how working in group should be taken as something negative?.. In fact, adults have to learn such skills as organizing group and working in it, as well as many successful adults like to work with the team they formed, and work on different projects as a team..
Also you must learn how to delegate and assign responsibilities, so that don't end like Yukino at the festival arc at the end of season 1, when the following day she couldn't even come to school, because she was sick.. I personally think that adults should be ready to work as a group, not only try to handle all by yourself.. You just physically can't do that, and look at Yukino at the end of season 1, when she truly couldn't handle it.. And that's the thing.. You should be able to work in groups, big projects aren't achievable on your own..

Ah, you got it right, we should be able to work in a group, true. But well, the problem is actually on the way how they do it, not why. I might say that they worked in the wrong way, but hey, people have their own opinions about something so I gladly accept your opinion about it.
Aug 31, 2020 1:29 AM
Jun 2020
xsilicon9 said:
Yukino isnt very smart. Blowing up relationships because her loser sister. Haruno spends most her time criticizing high schoolers. No friends,life,etc. And she has to nerve to run her mouth about relationships. They all are stunted socially. Her family is more codependent on her than she is on Hiki. That's just a regular friendship. Her family is more mental abuse.
lol, thats not only why she refused, but anime doesnt show anything else, there a lot of her stuf cut, and lot of yui stuff adapted instead, ofcourse yukino didnt wish just because of codependency, she's also insecure, she's been seeing Hachiman and yui hanging around all the time during prom, which made her think Hachiman prefers Yui more and will be haplier with her more, combined with her insecurity and codependence + lot kf stuff which anime doesnt adapt because they're busy dragging yui scenes out for too long. Read the LN or manga, the anime is completely different from the source now... its not a good adaptation is what I mean...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » to end the debate

Ghost_Davo - Sep 25

26 by KuroNoLace »»
Sep 28, 11:53 AM

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

8 by Merrycreeef346 »»
Sep 24, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

284 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

492 by Shikamotoxxx »»
Jul 4, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.