Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2020 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"To be, or not to be thou servant" is Androssi and Anaak's rivalry, but that isn't the most important question in a precarious situation, as Royal Enforcement Ranker Ren metes out Director Yu Han-Sung and his intentions for the Last Examination as a cover-up to eliminate their true enemy (Anaak) and using somebody else "in status as a Princess of Jahad" (Androssi) to base their allegations, bait their enemy and execute the punishment.

But in a short-lived twist, Androssi turns the game against Ren, only for him to reveal his family's Princess being *ANOTHER* contender for the Princess of Jahad position. BUT THANK GOD for Yuri and her royal guards (who finally made their way through) to infiltrate the exam venue and "save" the day, holy smokes. And it ended up being Shibisu to lead the way.

Back on the surface, Paracule's instinctive actions last episode sent the entire group into disarray, before Lauroe's power brings Khun's plan once again falls back in line...not before Princess Yuri's royal guards swarmed around the exam area, in the "same same but different" mind of Ren, to carry out their secret mission (which is to retrieve the 13 Month Series weapon that's loaned to Bam and retrieve him at the same time vs. killing enemies). Welp, Ren getting annihilated by Yuri's raw power is just to be expected.

Knowing his game is up, Director Yu Han-Sung still doesn't quell under the influences of the Jahad royal guards, and still emanates his stand with getting Anaak out of the Jahad family line...while Yuri still delves at the horror of an exam (even without Evankhell's interference) to capture Bam by hook or by crook, even as under the Guardian's permission it's unstoppable. Even Administrator Leroro knowing of the plan through plain intuition...it's a mitigated disaster.

Even Khun whom the royal guard of Jahad appeared before him, was a former son of the Khun family, with a history that's ever so rich, yet tainted. Those wings though, the true purpose will only be known in Season 2 (that's if we ever got one).

Bam and Rachel's conversation, their time whilst waiting for the net dolphin to eat them as a passing requirement of the Last Examination, and therein lies the Bull, the last monster to eliminate, Ren's LAST strategy to stop Bam in his tracks to climb up the Tower.

ALL IS WELL..but the cliffhanger...dare I say is the SOLE reason WHY people hated Rachel to immense feelings.

A very intense, well-constructed and great episode as I'm held back on the seat of the sheer horror of the backstabbing betrayal. Getting closer to the epilogue of Season 1 as Bam falls to his untimely death...
KANLen09Jun 17, 2020 8:05 AM
Jun 17, 2020 7:57 AM
Feb 2018
As a webtoon reader, I thought that episode was amazing! Even though I knew what was coming, I was left at the edge of my seat and that combined with the amazing soundtrack. Oh my god. I loved that.
Jun 17, 2020 7:59 AM

Apr 2018
Finally something happens to Bam, I was getting tired of him getting saved by his own talents rather than by his own training. No shit Rachel betrayed Bam, super predictable.
Jun 17, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2019
Raak and Paracule are the best part of the show lmao.

My baby Yuri is back. Finally. Her power is off the charts. She easily wiped the floor with rice guy. Bam’s lucky to be close to her.

Some great character development from Endorsi as well.

All that simping just to get betrayed at the end, damn, poor Bam. Loved the way they faded into the ED at the end.

Another top quality episode, a lot packed into this one and nonstop action. Next episode will probably set up a season 2, which based on ratings I’m sure this’ll get. Hype.

Fuck Rachel. All my homies hate Rachel.
Jun 17, 2020 8:01 AM
Jan 2020
Wow! As webtoon reader i was waiting for this episode and i have to say this is really good adapted. I loved it!
Jun 17, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
What the hell Rachel?!
Jun 17, 2020 8:04 AM
Mar 2020
This is why I have trust issues! Wow.

Can't believe it's almost coming to an end.
This episode was the best so far.
Khun outsmarting the test again...
Yuri finally caught up
And the princesses working together.

Im jumping on the Rachel hate train, how you gonna do Bam like that!
On a side note, all his friends are so supportive of him, hope he learns from this experience.

I feel like the pacing on this episode worked. The ost is great. Defiantly a stand out series from the season.
Jun 17, 2020 8:05 AM

Dec 2019
I am quite shocked at the end. I knew something bad was going to happen with the music playing and the golden lights shining, but I didn't guess it would be this.

Well now I know why everyone hates Rachel
DreamxerJun 17, 2020 8:12 AM

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jun 17, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2020
Man its a ok adaption so i want a season 2 with better directing cause that's where the real fun begins
Jun 17, 2020 8:09 AM
Oct 2016
That's it? Really? That's what has webtoon readers so pissed off? Didn't really do anything for me, probably cause webtoon readers haven't shut up about "hating Rachel" since the anime was announced, but still. It was really random and felt like Rachel pushing Bam was merely for shock value. Didn't elicit any real response from me other than ok I guess that just happened. Kinda weird how the Bull can reach into that bubble, thought it was protecting them, how'd water and fish not get in but the Bull did, too convenient. Bam himself hasn't been much of a character other than being a sweet guy so I'm not invested in him enough to care about him being "betrayed", if we can even call it that. Now if it was Khun or Rak or Shibisu then I'd be messed up over it but nah, it's just Rachel. Who hasn't done much to make me feel any kind of way towards her either. Like I said felt like that moment was only there to shock us or something dumb like that. Gonna need some major explaining for me to come around, and I doubt the finale will be enough.

Rest of the episode other than the Rachel and Bam segments was cool. Loved seeing Yuri come rescue Anaak and Endorsi. The latter being a badass still with not turning on Anaak to begin with. Yuri toying with the royal cop made me laugh. She's super powerful I love it. Makes me wish she was around more. Some other things I noticed is that I'm agreeing with Lero Ro a lot about the attitude of Hansung. Why's he so damn laid back. Doesn't make sense. There was way more than one intruder during that test but he didn't care until Yuri was about to actually finish the cop. Which I'm glad he still got squashed by a giant hammer but I don't get Hansung being that carefree until the last moment. A lot of weird things that need explaining that I'm pretty sure won't be.
Jun 17, 2020 8:09 AM

May 2018
Still a lot of things don't make any sense, but well, I have to admit this episode was very nice; loved it. 4/5 for the episode; 7/10; raised the overall score from a 4/10 to a 5/10.
GuidSMRJun 17, 2020 8:12 AM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jun 17, 2020 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
Holy damn that ending. Hell there were a lot of fun things throughout todays ep.
Jun 17, 2020 8:15 AM

May 2020
I HATE RACHEL! I know she's the reason Bam is climbing the tower but the ending of this episode made me mad.

However, I was happy to see Yuri again and see how powerful she really is. I also liked seeing the other member of the Khun family. Khun seems to have a very interesting back story.

Overall great episode and I'm excited to see the season wrap up next week.
Jun 17, 2020 8:16 AM

Apr 2020
I could finally hate Rachel without holding back.

Poor Bam :(

KaisekiJun 24, 2020 3:14 PM
Jun 17, 2020 8:16 AM
May 2020
There is definitely more reasons why Rachel is hated other than the push , there has to be. Also a pretty shocking ending everything was going smoothly according to plan and rachel decides its a good idea to push the one trying to help her like come on !!
This is the best episode so far hands down
Jun 17, 2020 8:19 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao. This is the most forced friendship I've ever seeen.
Jun 17, 2020 8:19 AM

Oct 2017
Yuri my girl is back and she's bad ass.

Lmao big oof for anime only people and get ready for next episode. Rachel is such a nice girl XD.
Jun 17, 2020 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
As a webtoon reader I can say they nailed this episode. The yuri fight was also pretty damn interesting to see and they are doing a surprisingly decent good of making sure the characters aren’t too bland. Even Paracule got some key screen time but at the end of the day this is just the beginning. Cant wait to see whats in store for the future of this show.
Jun 17, 2020 8:24 AM
Apr 2020
Nycro said:

If you're refering to the whole "we're friends and climbing the tower together" thing, yeah I agree. I don't remember that being in the webtoon and it clearly just doesn't fit. I guess the director just added it in because that's what most other shonen have.
Jun 17, 2020 8:26 AM
Jul 2019
Dukino said:
That's it? Really? That's what has webtoon readers so pissed off? Didn't really do anything for me, probably cause webtoon readers haven't shut up about "hating Rachel" since the anime was announced, but still. It was really random and felt like Rachel pushing Bam was merely for shock value. Didn't elicit any real response from me other than ok I guess that just happened. Kinda weird how the Bull can reach into that bubble, thought it was protecting them, how'd water and fish not get in but the Bull did, too convenient. Bam himself hasn't been much of a character other than being a sweet guy so I'm not invested in him enough to care about him being "betrayed", if we can even call it that. Now if it was Khun or Rak or Shibisu then I'd be messed up over it but nah, it's just Rachel. Who hasn't done much to make me feel any kind of way towards her either. Like I said felt like that moment was only there to shock us or something dumb like that. Gonna need some major explaining for me to come around, and I doubt the finale will be enough.

Rest of the episode other than the Rachel and Bam segments was cool. Loved seeing Yuri come rescue Anaak and Endorsi. The latter being a badass still with not turning on Anaak to begin with. Yuri toying with the royal cop made me laugh. She's super powerful I love it. Makes me wish she was around more. Some other things I noticed is that I'm agreeing with Lero Ro a lot about the attitude of Hansung. Why's he so damn laid back. Doesn't make sense. There was way more than one intruder during that test but he didn't care until Yuri was about to actually finish the cop. Which I'm glad he still got squashed by a giant hammer but I don't get Hansung being that carefree until the last moment. A lot of weird things that need explaining that I'm pretty sure won't be.

Oh boy you think that’s the only reason.....how naive you are
Jun 17, 2020 8:27 AM

May 2011
This and the previous episode is good!

Is there a new information being conveyed in the anime between the Khun's meeting? I kinda remember he was supposed to just hack Khun's lighthouse to find Yuri and they don't know each other when they saw each other iirc. I didn't know he's related to our Khun's (Aguero) past.

Didn't get to see Yuri's other team mates. I was hoping to see Laure getting bothered by her team mates cuz that's pretty funny.

Edit: I went to take a quick look and yeap, they didn't know on another. I guess that's cool since I don't think it was elaborated even till now in the manhwa

Here's their meet:

And here's one of the little subtle comedy that I found it funny in the manhwa that wasn't included xD:

One more episode! I hope they'll do a good job with the last one!
jr_paperbagJun 17, 2020 8:40 AM
Jun 17, 2020 8:29 AM

Jun 2019
OMG this was the best episode so far in the series. The OST was fire. My god Bam was also doin' great this episode. Rachel you fuc*in bitch. I never trusted you from the start. Yuri is too OP. I'm glad Anak and Endorsi are okay. Really good episode. I'm so hyped for the last episode.

Sep 2018
TOP 10 Anime Betrayals!

Damn,this was just an amazing episode! Yuri coming and kicking major ass, proving that she's a best girl and Princess!
For half of the episode i was on the edge of my seat just thinking "will they or not?" and the last scene didnt disapoint me!
well that's just my opinion.....

Jan 2008
And the Tower of Betrayal continues.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 17, 2020 8:30 AM
Oct 2016
cookies2135 said:
Dukino said:

Considering jack squat has been explained yeah that's what i think lmfao. Webtoon readers acting so high and mighty cracks me up. Cant wait for the finale next week to explain nothing lol
Jun 17, 2020 8:30 AM

Jan 2018
What a fantastic episode.

Rachel betraying Bam to complete the test. Wtf?

This cliffhanger's killin' me.
Jun 17, 2020 8:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is why I hate cliffhangers omg we need to wait 1 week to know why Rachel betrayed Bam, so much tension
Jun 17, 2020 8:34 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I think this moment would have hit harder if people didn't keep going on about how much they hate Rachel. The anime did a good job making her more sympathetic up to this point imo
Jun 17, 2020 8:37 AM
Apr 2020
I’m a webtoon reader and I Love is episode
Die Rachel
Jun 17, 2020 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
I think this episode will add more score for this anime for a lot of lists. Waited a long time to finally watch this animated and holy f*ck, they did a damn good job.

PS: F*ck Rachel
Jun 17, 2020 8:41 AM
Dec 2019
Pochi9 said:
Finally something happens to Bam, I was getting tired of him getting saved by his own talents rather than by his own training. No shit Rachel betrayed Bam, super predictable.
his talents may be part of the reason but the truth is much deeper then that though it gets explained in season 2 more
Jun 17, 2020 8:41 AM

Sep 2014
Are we updating all top 10 anime betrayals videos now?

What an amazing episode.
Jun 17, 2020 8:43 AM

May 2011
Nainu_ said:

There's a very good reason for her to do that, and I really hope it'll be able to deliver that reason well in the next episode!
Jun 17, 2020 8:44 AM

Aug 2019
Can't belive the episode didn't end with the Test Director saying that Bam is dead. What a wasted opportunity for some tension.

Jun 17, 2020 8:44 AM

Jan 2018
jrShark said:
Nainu_ said:

There's a very good, well planned reason for it. I really hope it'll be able to deliver it well in the next episode!

Yep. Looking forward to it. I'm already wondering why people hate Rachel.
Jun 17, 2020 8:45 AM
Mar 2015
Dukino said:
cookies2135 said:

Considering jack squat has been explained yeah that's what i think lmfao. Webtoon readers acting so high and mighty cracks me up. Cant wait for the finale next week to explain nothing lol

I’m so sorry you got spoiled by source readers. The biggest problem with the TOG fan base is that they spoiled stuff endlessly no matter how many times I tell them to shut up. I’m sorry that it ruined your experience for you. God source readers can be annoying 😔
Jun 17, 2020 8:48 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
CodyII said:
Nycro said:

If you're refering to the whole "we're friends and climbing the tower together" thing, yeah I agree. I don't remember that being in the webtoon and it clearly just doesn't fit. I guess the director just added it in because that's what most other shonen have.

If you add that in and with saying it in a tone like that, should have let Shibisu done that line, that would have been 100% believable since he's just that type of person.
Apr 2020
Dukino said:

Rachel took advantage of him and lied so she could climb the tower... i mean I also felt it was a bit for shock value, but it makes her a freaking hypocrite. I'm excited for her development, she's headed for a dislikable yet interesting character in the later seasons for sure.

Apr 2013
dont mind me. Just here with my popcorn waiting for anime only reactions.

*nom nom nom*

On other news Yuri Zahard was hot AF this episode ~~
Jun 17, 2020 8:50 AM

Mar 2015
Well, i saw this coming, but Bam kinda deserved it, that's what you get for being dumb.

I swear to god, if the next episode he comes and say he needs to find Rachel to ask her why she did this i'm gonna lose it.
Jun 17, 2020 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
This is were tower of hostages and betrayal began.
Jun 17, 2020 8:51 AM

Aug 2016
Decent past 2 episodes, the overall show feels more coherent now.

• While somewhat predictable, Endorsi and Anak getting over their differences and fighting the pillow was nice, but they seemed to get stomped too easily.
  • Yuri Jahad getting a role was nice to see as well, although I wonder why Yuri is so much stronger than Endorsi when their both chosen princesses.
  • Coffee Tester is as indiscernible as ever, or I'm just confused.
  • Khun's brother seems interesting, and glad to see Khun has completely given up on the princess that betrayed him so harshly.
  • Not really sure how I feel about the Rachel turn. Earlier it seemed like she wanted Bam to not be weighed down by her (even before she faked injury). But now she wants to sabatoge him? I don't really get it.
  • The navigator tried to kill Rachel specifically ... I wonder why.

The show is picking up, but I still feel it's suffering a bit from introducing too much complexity earlier without properly explaining it. The last 2 episodes have also kept the tension more consistent, which really improved the show for me. Hopefully the last episode answers some of these questions.

Jun 17, 2020 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
StereoDissonance said:

• While somewhat predictable, Endorsi and Anak getting over their differences and fighting the pillow was nice, but they seemed to get stomped too easily.
  • Yuri Jahad getting a role was nice to see as well, although I wonder why Yuri is so much stronger than Endorsi when their both chosen princesses.
  • Khun's brother seems interesting, and glad to see Khun has completely given up on the princess that betrayed him so harshly.
  • Not really sure how I feel about the Rachel turn. Earlier it seemed like she wanted Bam to not be weighed down by her (even before she faked injury). But now she wants to sabatoge him? I don't really get it.

The show is picking up, but I still feel it's suffering a bit from introducing too much complexity earlier without properly explaining it. The last 2 episodes have also kept the tension more consistent, which really improved the show for me. Hopefully the last episode answers some of these questions.

Yuri is so much stronger than Endrosi because she is a ranker while Endrosi is just starting to climb the tower.
Jun 17, 2020 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode but what the hell. Why do you have to do that Rachel!

We finally got to see Yuri Jahad in action and she's too damn powerful.

Jun 17, 2020 8:55 AM
Feb 2017
StereoDissonance said:

Regarding two first points. Ren is an assasin directly under the King. He is also a Ranker. Both Endorsi and Annak just started to clinb the tower.

It is the same with Yuri. She have already climebed the tower. She is in another league.
Jun 17, 2020 8:55 AM
Apr 2020
G_Aker said:
dont mind me. Just here with my popcorn waiting for anime only reactions.

*nom nom nom*

On other news Yuri Zahard was hot AF this episode ~~

At this point I have simped for way too many TOG characters to even bother labeling myself as straight. There is just too much attractiveness within the 10 families.
laurathelizardJun 17, 2020 8:58 AM
Jun 17, 2020 8:57 AM

Jan 2016
I can finally say this:

Prologue: END

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE TOWER OF GOD
FireFistYKJun 17, 2020 9:03 AM
Jun 17, 2020 8:58 AM

Apr 2018
Very good episode imo, the betrayal scene being adapted is satisfying to watch,I raised my score from 5 to 7 after watching this episode, but then i realised that the anime has skipped most of endorsixbam moments in this whole damn prologue, i dropped the score to 5/10, again. :/
Jun 17, 2020 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
StereoDissonance said:

Endorssi and Anaak are hatchlings. They have barely started to climb and gain experience.

Yuri has already climb to very high ends of the towers and has been established as a high ranker.

I guess in rpg terms. Being a princess is the job class?

Yuri is lv100 and Andorssi is probably a lvl10 or something. Being a princess just gives her advantage in the same group.

Anyways ranks will be further explain in season 2.

Yeah this series has quite a slow world building but its pretty good when it gets going.
Jun 17, 2020 9:02 AM

May 2015
if they want to change something at least they have to make sense,how tf kurudan arrived there in a metter of seconds.
btw garbage adaptation,everything is fucked,world building,characterization, and characters personalities are different from the original ,plus bad animation,art style and direction.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marinate1016 - May 6, 2020

315 by TrippyPepper »»
Sep 11, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

475 by Warchiii »»
Sep 5, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jun 10, 2020

211 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyle_Kirchner - Jun 3, 2020

262 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Red - May 27, 2020

291 by Apreggi »»
Aug 18, 10:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.