Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2020 2:08 PM

Nov 2012
LynxCaroli said:
Immahnoob said:
I don't know why it's a difficult concept. Human beings don't always act based on sense.
Something not mattering from an objective point of view because of how the system is implemented in the first place, won't suddenly have all human beings capable of rational thought act in the same manner...

Duh?

I mean, it's a good point considering all of these people seem to be 12 year olds without the capacity of thinking by themselves, but that doesn't make it any less stupid...
Huh... Just about the EXACT words non-anime fans used to say about anime fans.

You know, you're not any better of an anime fan than the typical Nux subscriber. I don't know why you think you are.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:08 PM

Apr 2012
Reshiram_IX said:
Immahnoob said:
Is there? Because whatever "arbitrary reason" you had to give an "arbitrary rating" to something doesn't really say much.
What are you even trying to say? He told his followers to rate a show 10/10 and they all did just that. I don't see any of his followers giving it a 9/10, 8/10, and etc. +15,000 people gave it a 10/10 cause they were told to by someone they look up to
I made myself pretty clear. The rating system was always meant to be arbitrary, and everyone's reasons for rating something will always be arbitrary and based on their subjectivity.

What will you do when someone barely watched episode 1 or like 5 minutes of it, dropped it and rated it a 1? Is he a troll? How will you differentiate then? Oh, I see, "true anime fans" keep on updating their list or something, we can't possibly have people that only watched this anime, that would be ridiculous.

Whatever system will be implemented to combat "brigading" will never work.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 6, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2016
Immahnoob said:
Pft, @Haxxspetten, you have fans now, don't you?

Glad you are getting a knock out of this! I should have noticed the signature early tbh.
Feb 6, 2020 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
LynxCaroli said:
Immahnoob said:
I don't know why it's a difficult concept. Human beings don't always act based on sense.
Something not mattering from an objective point of view because of how the system is implemented in the first place, won't suddenly have all human beings capable of rational thought act in the same manner...

Duh?

I mean, it's a good point considering all of these people seem to be 12 year olds without the capacity of thinking by themselves, but that doesn't make it any less stupid...
"Stupid" doesn't make someone's rating invalid.

Autocrat said:

Nov 2012
jal90 said:
Sarteck said:
No, I get that, you can do what you want, but it seems like you're trying to irritate yourself if you keep claiming you're "wasting your time" here.

Uhm, no, I really do post whenever I want, I didn't want to engage in a discussion about objectivity of ratings I had before with another user, really, that's it.
But you keep replying to the things you say you are "tired" of. Makes me think you're a masochist.
ZEHAHAHAHA

Jun 2014
Can a mod please delete this cancer of a thread?

To: Whoever thinks MAL score is not relevant anymore.
I ask you this:
Give me the name of one movie/anime-related site that has this many users that has a more relevant score than MAL? Answer:You can't.
Feb 6, 2020 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
emdosis said:

I ask you this:
Give me the name of one movie/anime-related site that has this many users that has a more relevant score than MAL? Answer:You can't.
Because no matter where you go, the rating isn't relevant.
It's an universal thing, it's not a MAL thing.
Theleux said:
Immahnoob said:
Pft, @Haxxspetten, you have fans now, don't you?

Glad you are getting a knock out of this! I should have noticed the signature early tbh.
And what does that mean? Me having a history with people here means that my stance is invalid? This isn't how any of this works.

Autocrat said:
Feb 6, 2020 2:12 PM

May 2009
Kobayasan said:
MAL score was never relevant

14 pages of nonsense, and this person is the only one spitting out the cold hard facts.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Feb 6, 2020 2:13 PM

Nov 2012
emdosis said:

I ask you this:
Uh, I guess you haven't read most of the comments...

It wasn't "MAL's scoring is more irrelevant than other sites." It was people saying "score is irrelevant, period."

If you can't find a post where someone was arguing that MAL's scoring system as just inferior compared to some other site, I apologize, but I haven't seen any post like that.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:14 PM
Feb 2016
Immahnoob said:
LynxCaroli said:

I think you're not getting what I'm trying to say. Sorry if I didn't explained myself correctly. I don't doubt there's people who have it a 10/10 legitimately because they really liked it, and I'm not referring to those people. I'm referring to the ones who are putting a dishonest rating just because a YouTuber told them to do so. Those are the invalid ratings. The ones made by accounts created today and dedicated to downvote anything but this show.
Feb 6, 2020 2:14 PM
Feb 2020
DHancock said:
From the creators of "Let's make some bots to downgrade Chihayafuru 3 because it dared to face Vinland Saga" comes "Let's boost Ishuzoku Reviewers because Funimation dared to drop it". I think I'm getting used to create this kind of threads. I'll take the chance to ask @luna if there's any improvement or news about the supposed system to finish with fake accounts and mass rating trolling.

After rereading the thread I can see where you have point alas it is what it is I can only speak for me, while I think it is a 10/10 show, thats merely my opinion As for Nuxtaku's trolling itll be bypassed eventually just give this a few months 2 a year. Enjoy the oddity and let honest reviews speak for themselves ok?
BlindedtrvlrFeb 6, 2020 2:18 PM
Once a pirate always, dont be mad cause I sail the seas save for the few that catch my love. Take this as you will matey be that I love Luffey's ideal or that I hate swindlers.
Feb 6, 2020 2:15 PM

Nov 2012
Immahnoob said:
Me having a history with people here means that my stance is invalid? This isn't how any of this works.

I don't think you understand. If you've been an active member of MAL, your vote/opinion doesn't coun---

wait, erm... Crap, we went reverse with this one.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
dodalo said:
Here is a tweet by Nux Taku
Well, unfortunately he's wrong

Making accounts for the sole purpose of up/downvoting one or a few entries is against the rules, regardless of whether they were created manually or by a bot script. They are equally malicious either way, and historically speaking such accounts have also been deleted
Feb 6, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2012
LynxCaroli said:
Immahnoob said:

I think you're not getting what I'm trying to say. Sorry if I didn't explained myself correctly. I don't doubt there's people who have it a 10/10 legitimately because they really liked it, and I'm not referring to those people. I'm referring to the ones who are putting a dishonest rating just because a YouTuber told them to do so. Those are the invalid ratings. The ones made by accounts created today and dedicated to downvote anything but this show.
And I'm telling you the exact opposite. Even if they were told by an 8-ball to rate the show a 6, their rating isn't invalid.

That's their reason, just like some elitist drops a show in the first 5 minutes of the first episode and then rates it a 1.

Autocrat said:
Feb 6, 2020 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:

So why is everybody b*tching about it then? Blame the users, not MAL.

Nov 2012
LynxCaroli said:
I'm referring to the ones who are putting a dishonest rating just because a YouTuber told them to do so. Those are the invalid ratings. The ones made by accounts created today and dedicated to downvote anything but this show.

Sorry, but being an account that was created for the purpose of upvoting this anime doesn't mean their rating is "dishonest."
ZEHAHAHAHA

May 2016
Immahnoob said:
Reshiram_IX said:
What are you even trying to say? He told his followers to rate a show 10/10 and they all did just that. I don't see any of his followers giving it a 9/10, 8/10, and etc. +15,000 people gave it a 10/10 cause they were told to by someone they look up to
I made myself pretty clear. The rating system was always meant to be arbitrary, and everyone's reasons for rating something will always be arbitrary and based on their subjectivity.

What will you do when someone barely watched episode 1 or like 5 minutes of it, dropped it and rated it a 1? Is he a troll? How will you differentiate then? Oh, I see, "true anime fans" keep on updating their list or something, we can't possibly have people that only watched this anime, that would be ridiculous.

So what your saying is that what this individual did by sending his mob of followers to brigade the site is okay? The rating system is fine. Only problem is stupid people who do things like this.
Feb 6, 2020 2:18 PM
Jan 2018
Immahnoob said:
LynxCaroli said:

I know, actually the opinion about if they matter or not is quite divided. My point is that most of the people saying that they don't matter are the ones who are raiding the anime in the first place. If they don't matter why would they even bother to put their precious show at #1 spot in the first place?

Duh?

not based on sense? you haven't tought far enough buddy. bragging right is quite a solid reason and fairly logical. i won't say it's really smart but it's still something that justify logically a fair amount of this.

once you understand the very fundamental of what human are and why they are that way everything start making a shit lot more sense. i could probably write more into detail but i would most likely end up making a massive wall of text.

Jan 2013
Whether MAL scores matter or not has always been a subjective thing, unless you can somehow prove that it has an objective value.

A lot of people has had good experiences relying on MAL score as a recommendation on whether the anime is good or not (myself included) and thus waving things off as "MAL scores never really mattered" is really disingenuous.

If you felt that it never really mattered to you, then that's fine because as I said, it's a subjective matter. But using these kinds of tactics such as vote brigading and then arguing that the scores never mattered in the first place is just you trying to sway things towards your beliefs.

It's akin to an anarchist vandalizing a church in the middle of a mass and then yelling "God is dead for he has not smitten me yet". That's not going to make anyone an atheist, they're just going to try to punish you and return things to the way they were before when they could believe in what they wanted to believe.

The honest reviews and ratings given by MAL community members is what is being valued here. These things do in fact have an objective value and obviously the community would want to protect it from undue interference such as bots or vote brigading.
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
emdosis said:
Immahnoob said:

So why is everybody b*tching about it then? Blame the users, not MAL.

People on MAL referring to the experience on MAL. Shocking...

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
dodalo said:
Here is a tweet by Nux Taku
Well, unfortunately he's wrong

Making accounts for the sole purpose of up/downvoting one or a few entries is against the rules, regardless of whether they were created manually or by a bot script. They are equally malicious either way, and historically speaking such accounts have also been deleted
Indeed, MAL has never been very good with keeping their userbase as big and as active as possible. Their "maliciousness" only comes from the rules and what MAL wants to claim is a "bot account" or a "throwaway", which doesn't necessarily make sense.

Their only saving grace is that they did something first, and that their lists can't possibly be surpassed at this point. The databse is a thing too.
ImmahnoobFeb 6, 2020 2:21 PM

Autocrat said:
Feb 6, 2020 2:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sarteck said:
LynxCaroli said:
I'm referring to the ones who are putting a dishonest rating just because a YouTuber told them to do so. Those are the invalid ratings. The ones made by accounts created today and dedicated to downvote anything but this show.

Sorry, but being an account that was created for the purpose of upvoting this anime doesn't mean their rating is "dishonest."
No but it makes it malicious and for all intents and purposes it is just as bad as a bot. Either way whether you like it or not, it is still against the rules

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:

Making accounts for the sole purpose of up/downvoting one or a few entries is against the rules, regardless of whether they were created manually or by a bot script.

Can you point out this rule? I am not seeing it in the terms: https://myanimelist.net/about/terms_of_use
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 2016
Sarteck said:
LynxCaroli said:

It kinda does when they're downvoting the other anime that are in the top lists. You can create to upvote what you like, but the moment you go around downvoting anything to push that anime to a higher number.... it only tells me that account was only created for the raid.
Feb 6, 2020 2:20 PM
Feb 2020
Themousen said:
Wow, now that's an impressive bot raid
edit : that's even better, it's not even a bot raid, just the elite waking up

We're currently witnessing a reversed Chihayafuru 3

And honestly, this anime being boosted is hilarious and I don't mind it
We must spread the Holy Word of Ishuzoku Reviewers
indeed. Welcome to the swarm, fam. I love it when we can all agree to troll.
Once a pirate always, dont be mad cause I sail the seas save for the few that catch my love. Take this as you will matey be that I love Luffey's ideal or that I hate swindlers.
Feb 6, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
Reshiram_IX said:
Immahnoob said:

So what your saying is that what this individual did by sending his mob of followers to brigade the site is okay? The rating system is fine. Only problem is stupid people who do things like this.
Yes, that's exactly it. I'm saying that this "supposed briganding" is just as valid of a "belief" as any other when it comes to "arbitrary ratings".

Again, why are anime fans that you don't like, "stupid"?

Autocrat said:
Feb 6, 2020 2:21 PM
Feb 2020
cyruz said:
Themousen said:
Thanks to Nux, this anime will be legendary (well, it is already...)

In a week, Ishuzoku Reviewers will take the #1 spot from FMAB, I'm sure of it

I really hope everyone partaking in this will be successful enough to at some point be in a position where they have to waste their precious time dealing with something like this.

To exist just to make the lives of other people more difficult is truly the pinnacle for some people in the anime community. Big thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry mate we out here having fun, but also wanted you to know that I actually started to use the site now. I’ve looked at it a bunch before but never signed up before this. So here I am a normal regular user who thinks reviewers is a fucking goldmine
Feb 6, 2020 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Sarteck said:

No but it makes it malicious and for all intents and purposes it is just as bad as a bot. Either way whether you like it or not, it is still against the rules
1) No, it doesn't make it "malicious" at all. You cannot support that argument.
2) No, it's not just as bad as a bot. It's a human with a different opinion than you.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:22 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I hope this doesnt goes on Twitter as:
"MAL users are perverts"

This platform is reaching that stage where ppl can look down on anime community if this continues. Make it stop!
Feb 2020
LynxCaroli said:
Sarteck said:

It kinda does when they're downvoting the other anime that are in the top lists. You can create to upvote what you like, but the moment you go around downvoting anything to push that anime to a higher number.... it only tells me that account was only created for the raid.
it depends on rather they have a point Im pondering sharing my opinion of the top animes but comments like yours makes me feel as though I should shove it and go elsewhere. That said, this is a cool site you have here, it'd be a shame if more normy hordes invade it 😎
Feb 2020
for all those bitching about the "trolls" rating IR a 10/10, have you ever thought that it might be legit people who were finally convinced to stand up to this SJW puritan BS and give their honest opinion? i rated it a 10/10 because i LEGIT think it's a 10/10. it's something this day and age needs, a complete middle finger to this censorship BS. this is a democracy not a communist dictatorship which these NPC assholes are trying to make it. it has a good plot surprisingly, good characters, hilarious as fuck, good animation, delivers exactly what it promises in amazing fashion, and makes no apologies for it. while i'm sure there are certainly some people who are just trolling, there are likely FAR more people who are giving their legitimate opinions. me being one of them.

Nov 2012
LynxCaroli said:
Sarteck said:

I ain't going to defend the downvoting. I think that's dumb. I also think it's rare.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:23 PM

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Sarteck said:

Come on Haxx, you wouldn't want to be deleted now, would you? I don't think you watched any of the shows you claimed you did.

Maybe you weren't even paying attention to them when they were on your screen. Why did you rate them the way you did? Are you sure I'm ever going to accept any reason you give?

Autocrat said:
Feb 6, 2020 2:25 PM
Feb 2020
People have a right to give whatever score they want, I am lmao at all butthurt sjws who can't deal with a fact that different users have different preferences.
Feb 6, 2020 2:26 PM
Feb 2020
xkazutox said:
"MAL users are perverts"

This platform is reaching that stage where ppl can look down on anime community if this continues. Make it stop!
Oh well, gaming,poker,mlp,furry,western toons, hell even sports. NEWSFLASH THERE ARE PERVERTS EVERYWHERE SOME JUST HIDE IT EMBARRASSINGLYLY IN A CLOSET! Anime and manga have never shriveled up from the fact that half of us are pervs. Be perv or non perv and proud.
Feb 6, 2020 2:27 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
xkazutox said:
"MAL users are perverts"

If IR is among the best at what it sets out to do, in an important genre of anime overall whether you accept that or not, why is that a negative thing for it to be rated highly? You don't even sound like you're upset at any supposed malicious ratings, just it being highly rated in general.
Feb 6, 2020 2:28 PM
Feb 2018
I'm really sad to see such a cancerous anime community. People are actually causing harm to MAL and anime itself instead of trolling Funimation with something like that... I can understand that it may be funny, but it still offends a LOT of people.

By the way: why should I use MAL again if the scores were completely irrational? There is something called Microsoft Excel, which I used for long enough. And there are other sites that provide a similar experience, but with less stupid people :( (hopefully the system update mid-February will fix these issues...)
Feb 6, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2016
Immahnoob said:
Reshiram_IX said:
Yes, that's exactly it. I'm saying that this "supposed briganding" is just as valid of a "belief" as any other when it comes to "arbitrary ratings".

Cause its not their own opinion. They didn't come to the conclusion on their own that the show was 10/10. They were told by someone they look up to go and give the show a 10/10. Making the score illegitimate
Feb 6, 2020 2:29 PM
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Sarteck said:

so you are say no one can join the community now? time to close the registration page no one allowed in anymore according to this one
Feb 6, 2020 2:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sarteck said:
HaXXspetten said:

Making accounts for the sole purpose of up/downvoting one or a few entries is against the rules, regardless of whether they were created manually or by a bot script.

Can you point out this rule? I am not seeing it in the terms: https://myanimelist.net/about/terms_of_use
It's not in the terms of use, it's in the definition of Illegitimate Accounts in the thread of the same name on the support forum
Feb 6, 2020 2:32 PM

Apr 2012
Reshiram_IX said:
Immahnoob said:

Cause its not their own opinion. They didn't come to the conclusion on their own that the show was 10/10. They were told by someone they look up to go and give the show a 10/10. Making the score illegitimate
Ok, prove to me that whatever you scored in your MAL list is how you truly feel.
What, are you going to tell me that it's that way because you say so?
I hope you won't, I want to see irrefutable proof.
This is how you sound right now.

Some of my scores might have changed in time, sorry for being such a troll that I didn't change them. How dare I.

Autocrat said:

Nov 2012
enJ0Yable said:
I'm really sad to see such a cancerous anime community. People are actually causing harm to MAL and anime itself instead of trolling Funimation with something like that... I can understand that it may be funny, but it still offends a LOT of people.

By the way: why should I use MAL again if the scores were completely irrational? There is something called Microsoft Excel, which I used for long enough. And there are other sites that provide a similar experience, but with less stupid people :( (hopefully the system update mid-February will fix these issues...)
Maybe use MAL to keep track of anime you have watched and want to watch, and discuss it with fans. Y'know, like everyone else here with a MAL account. Just a suggestion.

And I just have to laugh at your "causing harm" comment. It's not; not to MAL, not to the anime fandom, etc.

But hey, go ahead and make your spreadsheet.
ZEHAHAHAHA

Nov 2012
Reshiram_IX said:
Immahnoob said:

Who the hell are you to tell me what my opinion is?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
I'm sorry, but how did it work again? Did we score based on how we felt at the end of the anime, or do we change the scores depending on how we remember that anime?

What do I do if I didn't watch the whole show? I'm confused.
Help me guys.

Autocrat said:
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Sarteck said:

It's not in the terms of use, it's in the definition of Illegitimate Accounts in the thread of the same name on the support forum

the problem here is people are talking about stuff without having read the definition of stuff and keep falling for the strawman fallacy.
Feb 2020
ThePrettyRetard said:
HaXXspetten said:

so you are say no one can join the community now? time to close the registration page no one allowed in anymore according to this one

That's how SJW's think you are not allowed to express your opinion unless it's align with theirs.
Feb 6, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Sarteck said:

No.

What is an illegitimate account? An account that is a:

duplicate account used to boost/drop ratings, sway votes in club contests or for other disrupting purposes; or
bot account to spam users or manipulate lists.

Try again...?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 2020
You all are stupid so starved for ecchi shit you automatically hope on the a shitty hentai that calls itself a anime if it was on hh no one would care if you can spare the time on this shit go rate a actual underrated masterpiece instead of shows like this

Apr 2012
@Haxxspetten
Man, that really hurt your argument bad. There's nowhere saying that people can't make first time accounts to rate their favorite anime.

Gee, man. Ouch.

Autocrat said:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

192 by Dudcav1400000000 »»
Oct 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

281 by Artromex »»
Aug 27, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

156 by Artromex »»
Aug 26, 5:48 AM

» Season 2?

1WanteD1 - Sep 17, 2023

2 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 24, 10:49 AM

» Anime is underrated

Sasora - Jan 9, 2022

20 by Talamare »»
Jun 21, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.