Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2020 10:43 PM
Mar 2019
Well,i am in a country where no one watches or knows what anime is.one literally one year i am convincing my friends how good anime is (they used to think that its a kids cartoon)The only anime that airs in my country are doraemon,shin chan and likes.And now i have convinced some friends to watch anime with me...but the problem is finding a good anime for starters.in the anime there should be-
No ecchi/harem stuff
No nosebleeds and fanservice and such
Less amout of gore
A good story
Not many episode
A anime like if they see they will want to watch more
Actually i started with Kimetsu no Yaiba,they liked it because there were just kids cartoons that aired on TV and they never thought cartoons (animation) could be this fun
From what i get now they would like pretty much anything.
But they kind of didn’t liked the story of KNY (as expected).they want something more good (also as expected KNY's story is actually a little bad).I am now thinking to show them the promised neverland.i would really appreciate if you recommend me something good (also they would like anything from my presprective now as they have only seen childish stuff in their whole life)
But if it was a good anime with good plot and everything they can become really good anime fans.Sooo,please help me.
Also if the story is too complex they wont understand because they are not that good in English (we're not native)
I0me0Jan 24, 2020 10:57 PM
Jan 24, 2020 10:48 PM

Dec 2018
Will Attack on Titan count as too gorey? It obviously has its fair share, but excels in every other aspect, and is one I always recommend for starters.

Death Note too should supply, only 37 eps.

Cowboy Bebop is a fun one, I guess it has SOME fanservice(basically one character though). Only 26 episodes.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is fairly long(64 eps) but excels everywhere else too.
Jan 24, 2020 10:55 PM
Mar 2019
Leosmileyface said:
Will Attack on Titan count as too gorey? It obviously has its fair share, but excels in every other aspect, and is one I always recommend for starters.

Cowboy Bebop is a fun one, I guess it has SOME fanservice(basically one character though). Only 26 episodes.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is fairly long(64 eps) but excels everywhere else too.

Yeah i watched death note and aot..i guess they should be perfect.
The friend of mine also asked to watch AOT because he watched the AOT Live Action.So,i guess i can go with aot.but the problem is as i mentioned they only watched childish stuff (and actually we are in junior high) so i dont know if they can bear those stuff.But Thanks for the reply i will definitely show it to them
Jan 24, 2020 11:03 PM

Dec 2018
I0me0 said:
Leosmileyface said:

The friend of mine also asked to watch AOT because he watched the AOT Live Action.So,i guess i can go with aot.but the problem is as i mentioned they only watched childish stuff (and actually we are in junior high) so i dont know if they can bear those stuff.But Thanks for the reply i will definitely show it to them

Hmm yeah, the first episode is pretty gory so that should be either the yay or nay. Weirdly, when you exit shows with blood, you seem to find more of the fanservicey stuff. Could also try Haikyuu for hype sports.
Jan 24, 2020 11:03 PM

May 2019
+1 Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo is another fun one to watch with friends, the soundtrack is super chill, the action is really well animated, and the cast is fun

Redline was a really great group watch, although there is a single, brief nude scene, so I'd recommend watching it alone first to decide if that scene is enough to turn your friends off to it

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 has great action and focus on assorted factions and politics and is a pretty nice starter mecha anime for anyone who hasn't gotten into the genre or even the medium much yet imo.

Space Battleship Yamato is a great space adventure story with top notch animation and music, as well as a really solid plot.

If they're down to watch something a little more weird and slower paced, Zegapain is an absolutely great choice with it's story that constantly twists and reveals new things, but manages to never feel convoluted or confusing

Not sure what the primary language is in your country, but all these recs have pretty decent English dubs that I've watched, and ofc are available subbed if that's how you guys are watching.
Jan 24, 2020 11:30 PM
Mar 2019
I0me0 said:
Leosmileyface said:

o
Leosmileyface said:
I0me0 said:

Hmm yeah, the first episode is pretty gory so that should be either the yay or nay. Weirdly, when you exit shows with blood, you seem to find more of the fanservicey stuff. Could also try Haikyuu for hype sports.

Okay,Thank you very much.
Jan 24, 2020 11:39 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Studio Ghibli's films are always fun to watch with anyone, even non-anime fans and family!
I personally recommend Spirited Away (warning: some blood), Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service if you want my suggestions on which of these movies to watch!
Jan 24, 2020 11:41 PM
Mar 2019
FinalReality56 said:
+1 Cowboy Bebop

Samurai Champloo is another fun one to watch with friends, the soundtrack is super chill, the action is really well animated, and the cast is fun

Redline was a really great group watch, although there is a single, brief nude scene, so I'd recommend watching it alone first to decide if that scene is enough to turn your friends off to it

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 has great action and focus on assorted factions and politics and is a pretty nice starter mecha anime for anyone who hasn't gotten into the genre or even the medium much yet imo.

Space Battleship Yamato is a great space adventure story with top notch animation and music, as well as a really solid plot.

If they're down to watch something a little more weird and slower paced, Zegapain is an absolutely great choice with it's story that constantly twists and reveals new things, but manages to never feel convoluted or confusing

Not sure what the primary language is in your country, but all these recs have pretty decent English dubs that I've watched, and ofc are available subbed if that's how you guys are watching.

Actually I didn't watched any of these shows.So,I guess I will watch it first and then watch it with friends.also when they are into anime a little I guess I can watch animes with them without reviewing it first myself.Anyway thank you.Your post was very helpful.
Also I am from Bangladesh.A small country beside India (in the 16 crore population I guess just a few thousand "Know" about anime and not into it that much)
The primary language here is Bangla (I guess probably you've never heard of it.Its a devoloping country and most of the population don't know proper English.
(So,it will be common and if you find grammatical mistakes in my reply)

I0me0Nov 24, 2020 12:25 AM
Jan 24, 2020 11:48 PM
Mar 2019
Fario-P said:
Studio Ghibli's films are always fun to watch with anyone, even non-anime fans and family!
I personally recommend Spirited Away (warning: some blood), Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, and Kiki's Delivery Service if you want my suggestions on which of these movies to watch!

I guess spirited away can be a good anime to watch with friends from the summary because one of my friend loves watching horror movies (though I didn't watched spirited away yet) I might give it a try.
Thanks for the post
Jan 24, 2020 11:50 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I0me0 said:
Fario-P said:

I guess spirited away can be a good anime to watch with friends from the summary because one of my friend loves watching horror movies (though I didn't watched spirited away yet) I might give it a try.
Thanks for the post

No problem!

Oh you're from Bangladesh?!
Oh man, I definitely understand when you say that no one knows what anime even is over there and that they're not a huge fan of fanservice...
I'm pretty surprised that there's even any anime fans over there!
Good to see that there's more Bengali anime fans out there (I'm Bengali-American, but still :P).
Jan 24, 2020 11:55 PM

Sep 2019
Not sure if this would help but here are some good anime without fanservice, in my opinion :

Mob Psycho
Gurren Lagann
Fate Zero
Drifters
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Rezero
Houseki no Kuni
Gin no Saji
Tales of Abyss
Kanata no Astra
Shiki

I suggest to start from Mob Psycho it's easily the best anime for your criteria.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 24, 2020 11:55 PM
Mar 2019
No problem!

Oh you're from Bangladesh? Oh man, I definitely understand when you say that no one knows what anime even is over there and that they're not a huge fan of fanservice...
I'm pretty surprised that there's even any anime fans over there! Good to see that there's more Bengali anime fans out there (I'm Bengali-American, but still :P).[/quote]

Oh!Great!It's a pleasure to meet you.Its always nice to know there are more Bengali anime fans out there.
I am trying my best to make more anime fans in Bangladesh.Hope in the future Bangladeshi people will also know about anime.
Jan 25, 2020 2:06 AM
Jan 2019
I will recommend Haikyuu...even some of my non anime fan friends became anime freak watching Haikyuu....
Jan 25, 2020 8:48 AM

May 2012
I also think movies are the way to go when introducing anime to people unfamiliar with it. I recommend Mononoke Hime, ("Princess Mononoke"), by far my favorite of Miyazaki's films.
Jan 25, 2020 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
I0me0 said:
Thanks for the post

Oh if you haven't watched Spirited Away yet i'd definitely recommend watching that with your friends!
It was actually one of the first anime i ever watched (that wasn't a kids anime show like Pokemon and the like). We all watched it together at my friends 10th (?i'm pretty sure it was) birthday, so i don't think you need to worry about you guys being young at least

In general Studio Gibli movies are a pretty safe(and good) choice to watch with people who don't normally watch anime (as others have also mentioned)
DemoneaJan 25, 2020 9:11 AM
Jan 25, 2020 9:59 AM
Feb 2014
I strongly recommend starting with these:

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist(I recommend the 2003 version though because it fleshes out the earlier chapters and the characters out better than Brotherhood does, plus it has less gore than the remake)

Shoukoku no Altair(Tough it does have a big focus on politics and economy, so there's quite a lot of dialogue about it, don't know if that would be too hard to understand, i myself am not a native speaker either, but politics usually go over my head and i understood it better after a rewatch, but it's still a very rich story with a competent and intelligent protagonist! Also lots of beheadings but not explicitly graphic, it doesn't unnecessarily linger on it when it happens.)

Fruits Basket 1st Season(2019 version)(If you don't mind a slower story not focused on action, no fanservice except when the Souma family members turn back in to human form, they are naked but nothing is shown because they are completely covered up by smoke, also no gore whatsoever just a great and emotional drama story!)

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 25, 2020 12:25 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I0me0 said:
Fario-P said:

No problem!

Oh you're from Bangladesh?!
Oh man, I definitely understand when you say that no one knows what anime even is over there and that they're not a huge fan of fanservice...
I'm pretty surprised that there's even any anime fans over there!
Good to see that there's more Bengali anime fans out there (I'm Bengali-American, but still :P).

Oh!Great!It's a pleasure to meet you.Its always nice to know there are more Bengali anime fans out there.
I am trying my best to make more anime fans in Bangladesh.Hope in the future Bangladeshi people will also know about anime.

It's a pleasure to meet you too! I sure hope that anime will win some hearts over at Bangladesh as well. Best of luck to you!
Jan 26, 2020 9:21 AM
Mar 2019
Demonea said:
I0me0 said:
Thanks for the post

Oh if you haven't watched Spirited Away yet i'd definitely recommend watching that with your friends!
It was actually one of the first anime i ever watched (that wasn't a kids anime show like Pokemon and the like). We all watched it together at my friends 10th (?i'm pretty sure it was) birthday, so i don't think you need to worry about you guys being young at least

In general Studio Gibli movies are a pretty safe(and good) choice to watch with people who don't normally watch anime (as others have also mentioned)

Oh,great.Then i guess i will watch it.Your reply was really very helpful and convincing.
I will surely watch it
Jan 26, 2020 9:24 AM
Mar 2019
[quote=I0me0]
Demonea said:
I0me0 said:
Thanks for the post

Oh,great.Then i guess i will watch it.Your reply was really very helpful and convincing.And also thanks about the info about studio Ghibli
Jan 26, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
I0me0 said:
Oh,great.Then i guess i will watch it.Your reply was really very helpful and convincing.And also thanks about the info about studio Ghibli

I'm glad i could be of help :) i hope you and your friends enjoy it

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
11 minutes ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 2 hours ago

0 by Gfralp »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
6 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.