Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2019 3:41 AM
Jun 2016
i was wondering what people's opinion on this and last season's anime list, i haven't seen everything of course but i feel like it's been lacking compared to the last few season's.

I'm surprised how there's season 2 on certain anime's already but while other's haven't been announced or no release date.

any recommendation's?
Oct 20, 2019 8:27 AM
Dec 2018
I also find this season quite lacking because it has a lot of sequels to series and few new series (and out of the new series 4 are isekai), next season will probably be better than this one.

As for recommendations, maybe you'd like ERASED
Oct 20, 2019 8:34 AM
Bored

Apr 2018
This season is surprisingly good, I'm liking it overall better than the last one.
Oct 20, 2019 10:10 AM

Jul 2014
They're both the same to me, previous season just felt better because we still had KnY and MIX airing, along with Dr.Stone, Kanata no Astra, Fire Force, Vinland Saga and Sounan Desuka (don't judge me for the last one, I enjoyed it for what it was!!)
This season we still have Dr.Stone, Fire Force and Vinland still going, along with new good ones like Fate/Grand Order,Oresuki and Ahiru no Sora.
Oct 20, 2019 10:20 AM

Apr 2015
I'm not watching much, but I'm happy there's Granblue Fantasy S2 and Kandagawa Jet Girls, a nice ecchi sports anime.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 20, 2019 10:44 AM
Jan 2018
Beastars

Mugen no Juunin: Inmortal

Kemono Michi (if you like Konosuba; same creator)

Hoshiai no Sora (Sports Anime)

Iruma-kun (if you like wholesome and kinda funny stuff)

Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri Wa Nai (if you like short comedies)

Africa no Salaryman (if you like wacky comedies and don't mind inconsistent animation)
Oct 20, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2008
It's been like, the majority of anime are either boring and generic. While the minority are original and interesting.

I have noticed that in Winter season it was 5 in 10 shows were good. Spring 3 in 10 shows were good. Summer 3 in 10 shows were good.

So 2019 so far for me has been 60 series and a score of 5.20+, the lowest in the entire 2010s for me. Hope the Fall season remedies this. I at least want my score to rise to 5.40+.
Oct 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2017
Ahiru no Sora- average

No Guns Life- has potential but nothing special yet

Babylon- enjoying this one

Assassin's Pride- garbage

Oresuki- first 1-2 episodes were good but it seems like it will nosedive fast
Oct 20, 2019 5:58 PM
Jun 2016
ELIGOS0 said:
Ahiru no Sora- average

No Guns Life- has potential but nothing special yet

Babylon- enjoying this one

Oresuki- first 1-2 episodes were good but it seems like it will nosedive fast

i actually watched oresuki last night and i agree, i have no idea what they can do after episode 3.

I enjoy DR stone, maybe i can find some hidden gem's but i'm a premium member on crunchyroll and it really is lacking anything. Animelab seem's to have more newer stuff this season

zieek said:
It's been like, the majority of anime are either boring and generic. While the minority are original and interesting.

I have noticed that in Winter season it was 5 in 10 shows were good. Spring 3 in 10 shows were good. Summer 3 in 10 shows were good.

So 2019 so far for me has been 60 series and a score of 5.20+, the lowest in the entire 2010s for me. Hope the Fall season remedies this. I at least want my score to rise to 5.40+.

winter this year was a solid one for me
Mob Psycho 100 II
Yakusoku no Neverland
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
Dororo
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
5-toubun no Hanayome - better then i expected

these were continuing from last season for winter
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
one piece - dropping in quality for a very long time
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
Fairy Tail: Final Series
Hinomaruzumou

thought spring have a 5 good shows that's not including show's continuing from the last season.

TodAboT said:
Beastars

Kemono Michi (if you like Konosuba; same creator)

Hoshiai no Sora (Sports Anime)

Iruma-kun (if you like wholesome and kinda funny stuff)

Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri Wa Nai (if you like short comedies)

Africa no Salaryman (if you like wacky comedies and don't mind inconsistent animation)

cheer's i'll defiantly give them a watch

alkapalord said:
I also find this season quite lacking because it has a lot of sequels to series and few new series (and out of the new series 4 are isekai), next season will probably be better than this one.

As for recommendations, maybe you'd like ERASED

I've seen ERASED i enjoyed it but the ending wasn't really a fan of it

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperOct 21, 2019 5:32 AM
Oct 20, 2019 10:52 PM

Feb 2019
This season is better than last two seasons. Winter was best season this year.

You might enjoy houkago saikoro club, null peta and chuubyou gekihatsu boy if you life slice of life genre.
Check out kemono michi as well if you like konosuba.

FancyjasperOct 21, 2019 5:29 AM
Oct 20, 2019 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
Beastars is really the only thing that looks interesting to me this season. Next season looks dope tho.
Oct 21, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2008
xONLYINHUMANx said:

Mob Psycho 100 II
Yakusoku no Neverland
Dororo

Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
Hinomaruzumou

thought spring have a 5 good shows that's not including show's continuing from the last season.

I agree with:

Yakusoku no Neverland
Dororo

As for the continuing series they belong to the 2018 bin.
Oct 21, 2019 4:12 AM
Sep 2017
I don’t watch a lot of shows every season, but this season Hoshiai no Sora is pretty great and No Guns Life is pretty fun as well. Winter and Spring were pretty good imo. Promised Neverland, Kaguya-Sama, and Dororo were pretty enjoyable and the second season of Mob Psycho was pretty fantastic. Sarazanmai is probably my AOTY pick, Hitoribocchi was kinda fun, and Carole and Tuesday had some pretty great moments though the show as a whole was quite weak imo. The last season had Dr Stone which is still going strong and Given being great as well. Idk how this season compares as a whole but I’ve been generally enjoying the past few seasons a bit more. Stoked for Winter 2020, which looks quite great
Oct 21, 2019 4:16 AM
Jun 2016
zieek said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

Mob Psycho 100 II
Yakusoku no Neverland
Dororo

Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
Hinomaruzumou

I agree with:

Yakusoku no Neverland
Dororo

As for the continuing series they belong to the 2018 bin.
r

That's why i put them in two different groups. I still count that towards the winter lot because it was still ongoing from previous season

Max_Guo said:
I don’t watch a lot of shows every season, but this season Hoshiai no Sora is pretty great and No Guns Life is pretty fun as well. Winter and Spring were pretty good imo. Promised Neverland, Kaguya-Sama, and Dororo were pretty enjoyable and the second season of Mob Psycho was pretty fantastic. Sarazanmai is probably my AOTY pick, Hitoribocchi was kinda fun, and Carole and Tuesday had some pretty great moments though the show as a whole was quite weak imo. The last season had Dr Stone which is still going strong and Given being great as well. Idk how this season compares as a whole but I’ve been generally enjoying the past few seasons a bit more. Stoked for Winter 2020, which looks quite great

I did enjoy hitoribocchi but it started to get stale and repetitive
I've watched three music animes and they didn't end the best so im a bet worried about starting any.

My favorite anime my youth romantic comedy has 1 finally season which i can't wait plus a few other season 2-3 I'm waiting for.

FancyjasperOct 21, 2019 5:33 AM
Oct 21, 2019 4:21 AM

Jul 2016
I'm really enjoying Kabukichou Sherlock and I don't understand why it's rated so low at the moment. If you enjoy detective/mystery series, you definitely should give that one and Babylon a shot.
Oct 21, 2019 4:24 AM
Jun 2016
[quote=iyMind]I'm really enjoying Kabukichou Sherlock and I don't understand why it's rated so low at the moment. If you enjoy detective/mystery series, you definitely should give that one and Babylon a shot.[/quote?
I did try that anime couldn't get into it. Sort of reminded me on that bones anime. I might try and give it another chance. I do like giving anime 2 tries my opinion normally changes
Oct 21, 2019 4:39 AM

Feb 2018
I feel like fall has 90% just sequels.Nothing really big and new in my view.

Though winter ,spring and summer had some great shows like TPNL,Dororo, Dr Stone, the last AoT season and many more.Now we're slowly ending this year and the shows are starting to drift into nothing new but new seasons.

Oct 21, 2019 4:58 AM
Jun 2016
Fraise-chan said:

Though winter ,spring and summer had some great shows like TPNL,Dororo, Dr Stone, the last AoT season and many more.Now we're slowly ending this year and the shows are starting to drift into nothing new but new seasons.

I'm fine with sequels but they are all the animes i couldn't get into besides my hero academia but season 4 is average at the moment. I'm just hoping next yr fires up because even crunchyroll went to sleep this season
Oct 21, 2019 5:35 AM

May 2016
2019 was the most mediore year of anime that felt forced.

Everyone and their monthers hyped up freaking everything!

The Animation matters, but the characters and story?

2019 best year of anime, yeah right

I only listen to ThatAnimeSnoob since 2017 for thoughts on what to watch and not to watch.

But pretty much 2019 is a letdown year.

Oct 21, 2019 5:43 AM
Jun 2016
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
2019 was the most mediore year of anime that felt forced.

Everyone and their monthers hyped up freaking everything!

The Animation matters, but the characters and story?

2019 best year of anime, yeah right

I only listen to ThatAnimeSnoob since 2017 for thoughts on what to watch and not to watch.

But pretty much 2019 is a letdown year.

I don't really care about the animation. I've seen plenty of awesome anime with different types of animation.

I don't go into anime with any hype or expectations if its a season one or you will just be letting yourself down

2019 still had a solid half a year. I believe 2007 had a good year but its been awhile sincle i looked what came out
Oct 21, 2019 6:08 AM

Feb 2018
xONLYINHUMANx said:
Fraise-chan said:

I'm fine with sequels but they are all the animes i couldn't get into besides my hero academia but season 4 is average at the moment. I'm just hoping next yr fires up because even crunchyroll went to sleep this season

Yeah,I understand that.Don't worry about BNHA, it will get very good

Next year will sure bring something good! I'm looking forward to Madoka Magica Gaiden,the Made in Abyss movie,re:zero s2, tpnl s2, AoT final season, Dragon Maid s2, etc. etc.!

Oct 21, 2019 6:16 AM
Jun 2016
Fraise-chan said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

Next year will sure bring something good! I'm looking forward to Madoka Magica Gaiden,the Made in Abyss movie,re:zero s2, tpnl s2, AoT final season, Dragon Maid s2, etc. etc.!

Pretty sure AoT is still a year away which sucks but least will get a conclusion unlike most animes we see
Oct 21, 2019 6:29 AM

Feb 2018
xONLYINHUMANx said:
Fraise-chan said:

Pretty sure AoT is still a year away which sucks but least will get a conclusion unlike most animes we see

It will most likely air in Fall 2020, but since the last season was pretty good, I have a good feeling the next will end just like its supposed to do.

Oct 21, 2019 6:33 AM
Jun 2016
Fraise-chan said:
xONLYINHUMANx said:

It will most likely air in Fall 2020, but since the last season was pretty good, I have a good feeling the next will end just like its supposed to do.

Its a solid anime but it turned into a more complicated anime. I have no idea how they can end it but i really hope they don't chuck it away. I've seen so many anime do it
Oct 21, 2019 6:41 AM
Nov 2018
I haven't watched most of seasonals I want to watch yet but honestly it's been a good season, and definetly better than the prior seasons that (for me) were dissapointing.

I totally recommend you to watch: Beastars, Hoshiai No Sora, Ahiru No Sora, Babylon, No Guns Life and Oresuki.
Oct 21, 2019 7:59 AM
Jun 2016
Shafir_Esmeraldo said:
I haven't watched most of seasonals I want to watch yet but honestly it's been a good season, and definetly better than the prior seasons that (for me) were dissapointing.

I totally recommend you to watch: Beastars, Hoshiai No Sora, Ahiru No Sora, Babylon, No Guns Life and Oresuki.

Cheers mate I'll make sure to give those one's a chance
Oct 21, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2008
Hasn't every season except for the winter season been lacking. Not to sound mean but the Fall season is all that's left. If fall is lacking as well, then this might be among the weakest years of the 2010s.
Oct 21, 2019 9:15 AM

Mar 2016
Sequels dominated this season which i disliked it

Oct 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Feb 2018
xONLYINHUMANx said:
Fraise-chan said:

Its a solid anime but it turned into a more complicated anime. I have no idea how they can end it but i really hope they don't chuck it away. I've seen so many anime do it

Yeah, lets hope it doesn't end up like Tokyo Ghoul with its final season.

Oct 21, 2019 2:18 PM

May 2012
Good non-sequel anime

No Guns Life (this is very underrated. More people should watch it)
Shinchou Yuusha (funny isekai anime)
CHOYOYU (also isekai)

Most of the good ones are sequels

Chihayafuru 3 (still not aired, but no doubt it will be amazing)
Hero academia 4
Seven deadly sins 3
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! (best compedy in this season in my opinion)
Food Wars 4
Fate/Grand Order (not sequel but spin-off of fate series)
Psycho-Pass 3 (still not aired)

Oct 22, 2019 8:02 PM

Nov 2008

Lol I have too much to watch this season...

Assassin's Pride- amazing so far
SAO Alicization- still awesome, continuing from last season
Boku/Aca-....I'm sure it will be fine....not a lot has happened yet.

I'll be checking out everything else...unless it's a sequel to an unseen predecessor for the sake of the anime club I'm in charge of.

ELIGOS0 said:

ur FACE is garbage

Oct 22, 2019 8:09 PM

Nov 2017
Last season felt pretty lacking, I had to do some digging to find things that i could even want to try out. I ended up dropping most of it and hate watching the rest, with the exceptions of Demon Slayer and Carole & Tuesday. To be fair, I never watched Fire Force or Dr. Stone, so it might have been good.
Oct 22, 2019 8:22 PM

Feb 2018
An average season for non-sequel anime, I expected much more.
Hoshiai no Sora and No Guns Life are actually good, Sherlock and Tokunana are meh and I think I'll drop them after a few eps.
Also waiting for PP3.

Everything else - not my type of shows. Ahiru no Sora, Beastars, and Babylon - meh, Mugen no Juunin - the disappointment of the season, honestly. BNHA and other sequels - didn't watch previous seasons.

Also, why another LN harem adaptation (oresuki) have a 7.9 rating? I love bespectacled girls, but that trash animation (I saw hentai with better graphics than this), harem girls who are the same (except sumireko) and typical MC (no, he is not unique)... just why everyone are discussing this? The manga (I read 6 chapters) is also not much better.
kataneerOct 22, 2019 8:27 PM
Oct 23, 2019 12:27 AM

Jul 2019
To be fair I like this season, There are a lot of shows I watch and I like them. So far my fave is Africa no Salaryman. It is so stupid but so darn good. Then the isekai is actually good. Haatage kemono michi is fucking great, OP here but cautious is also good. They are way better than last seasons Isekai. OreSuki is fucking hilarious and a very good square drama. Iruma-kun is a good comedy show. Also finally more Shokugeki no soma. Seven deadly sins returned shittier than ever before.
Oct 23, 2019 1:08 AM

Sep 2014
Beastars is easily a masterpiece. It is already doing everything so well. Nothing else competes it in this season. It should get more love.
Oct 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Sep 2017
Chiibi said:

Lol I have too much to watch this season...

Assassin's Pride- amazing so far
SAO Alicization- still awesome, continuing from last season
Boku/Aca-....I'm sure it will be fine....not a lot has happened yet.

I'll be checking out everything else...unless it's a sequel to an unseen predecessor for the sake of the anime club I'm in charge of.

ELIGOS0 said:

ur FACE is garbage

I'll give it a "blah" at best. It's too generic, cliche, and predictable for me not to cringe at. If it gets better, maybe It'll be a "meh". There's not really much to judge with 2 episodes.
Oct 23, 2019 6:27 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Chihayafuru season 3 is really the only show I truly consider good from this season, but there are a number of other decent shows.
Oct 23, 2019 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
I really like the anime I've been watching. Almost all of them seem to all add a twist on their genres:

No Guns Life: very conventional, with an interesting twist, in which the MC has a gun for a head. Still fun.

Kemono Michi: despite being from the same creator as Konosuba, it's nowhere near as funny, but the concept is really entertaining.

Cautious Hero: genuinely hilarious, and a great isekai twist.

Oresuki: markets itself as an unconventional twisted romcom, but it seems like it's headed for a very conventional direction. Still, the drama in the past few episodes had me engaged, so I think the drama for the future episodes will still be great.

Marimashita! Iruma Kun: a very generic, dumb, comedy anime, but very light-hearted and relaxing, somehow.

Mother's Basement highly recommended Babylon, so I can't wait to watch that. But other than the anime I've mentioned, I'm not interested in any other anime this season. That may seem bad, but there are always like 40+ anime each season, and I only tend to care about a couple of them.

kataneer said:

Also, why another LN harem adaptation (oresuki) have a 7.9 rating? I love bespectacled girls, but that trash animation (I saw hentai with better graphics than this), harem girls who are the same (except sumireko) and typical MC (no, he is not unique)... just why everyone are discussing this? The manga (I read 6 chapters) is also not much better.

As a fan of Oresuki, I definitely agree it's overrated. People really like this show, because it starts off as being unconventional with a completely asshole MC for a romcom, which I haven't seen done before (even in Oregairu Hachiman was clearly a really good guy), and where the MC is the unlucky best friend who doesn't get the girls, but it clearly seems like it's headed for a conventional direction.
Oct 23, 2019 6:39 PM

Nov 2008
ELIGOS0 said:

I'll give it a "blah" at best. It's too generic, cliche, and predictable for me not to cringe at. If it gets better, maybe It'll be a "meh". There's not really much to judge with 2 episodes.

I cannot recall any OTHER shows that have an older guy teaching a younger girl how to use mana under the guise of also being her assassin so I don't know what's 'cliche' or 'generic' about that?

Oct 23, 2019 10:02 PM

Sep 2017
Chiibi said:
ELIGOS0 said:

I cannot recall any OTHER shows that have an older guy teaching a younger girl how to use mana under the guise of also being her assassin so I don't know what's 'cliche' or 'generic' about that?

It's not the concept I find cliche, It's the dialogue and characters. The concept itself had or has potential I guess, but the dialogue and characters annoy me. The assassin is just any other edgy MC and the girl is the classic "unconfident girl becomes brave because she has edgy MC by her side". It's used in a lot of harems.

Even if the concept is original in a sense, there are many shows similar to it like, Akashic Records (Older guy teaching kids). Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan is also a similar show. I will admit the assassin bit is a bit of a twist, but if they don't use it properly then it will end up the same as others. I've heard that they didn't add in most of the comedy from the light novel and it's a bit fast-paced so maybe the characters and dialogue will improve over time depending on how they adapt the novel.

Oct 24, 2019 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
@ELIGOS0

Didn't see either show lol. I'm planning to read this novel though...but yeah, I heard that too.

I can't help but like the whole "I can grow confident when I meet my special person". I think it's sweet, even if it's used a lot. And I like edgy MCs too. lol

Oct 24, 2019 2:13 PM

Mar 2016
So far it's pretty good. Got like 7+ shows I'll be checking out at some point. A bit better than last season, although I like a few from that season as well.
Oct 24, 2019 2:21 PM

Sep 2014
I could be watching more anime this season if it wasn't for Netflix and Amazon.
Oct 24, 2019 2:24 PM

Jan 2017
Last season there were a lot of shows that I had every intention of watching but just never got the motivation to actually get on with, or just didn't grab my interest for whatever reason. (The Mom-sekai was an unexpected exception.)

This season, I'm watching and enjoying four, with a fifth (F/GO) lined up for when I get further along in the mobile game. Shinchou Yuusha is probably my favourite, but Iruma-kun is being an unexpected delight as well. (And also HeroAca is hype as usual.)
Oct 24, 2019 3:47 PM

Sep 2017
Chiibi said:
@ELIGOS0

Didn't see either show lol. I'm planning to read this novel though...but yeah, I heard that too.

I can't help but like the whole "I can grow confident when I meet my special person". I think it's sweet, even if it's used a lot. And I like edgy MCs too. lol

That's understandable. I, although trashing on it constantly, still like to watch Isekai anime no matter how bad I may find them. Some tropes that are overused are just likable and if they can find a way to make it work while being original then even better.
Oct 24, 2019 11:14 PM

Jul 2017
The sequels are good, but the non sequels are kind of lackluster (at least the ones I'm watching)

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

232 by TheMinkalex »»
25 seconds ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

17 by Otakupervert890 »»
31 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 18 minutes ago

5 by Rhaelynne »»
1 minute ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 3 hours ago

5 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

25 by Old_School_Akira »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.