Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 3, 2019 2:42 PM

May 2016
Maan, I would be excited but I can already feel the frustration of fighting him. I wonder who else is coming back.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Sep 4, 2019 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Reviews are out.

Seems like the scores are very positive with the amount of new content and gameplay it offers.
Sep 4, 2019 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
Rajang reveal is all the incentive I need to hop into Iceborne. Can't wait to finish this grueling semester and pop my PS4 back on!
Sep 4, 2019 4:56 PM

May 2018
Which one is your favorite between nargacuga vs tigrex vs barioth?
Sep 6, 2019 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
For anyone wondering, Banbaro does indeed appear in all locales.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 7, 2019 3:11 PM

Dec 2014
Even more excited for Iceborne now after seeing all the praise it's getting.

January 2020 can't come sooner. :(
Sep 8, 2019 2:41 AM

May 2018
I'm enjoying Iceborne so far. Those subspecies are difficult. I just can't wait to fight Nargacuga, Tigrex, Barioth, Zinogre,Glavenus, Velkhana and Nameille.
Sep 8, 2019 9:24 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
I'm enjoying Iceborne so far. Those subspecies are difficult. I just can't wait to fight Nargacuga, Tigrex, Barioth, Zinogre,Glavenus, Velkhana and Nameille.

Ah, about Zinogre, you won't fight him through Iceborne's story, just wanted to mention that. Also, do all those optional quests you got, some upgrade some mantles and boosters, mantle's upgrades allow you to equip decoration's.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 9, 2019 2:56 AM

May 2018
I just beat Tigrex and Brachydios. Velkhana is next. Any suggestion what weapon I should use against Velkhana? Long sword, Insect Glaive, Charged Blade etc?
Sep 9, 2019 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
Velkhana is next. Any suggestion what weapon I should use against Velkhana? Long sword, Insect Glaive, Charged Blade etc?

She has a long reach with her attacks with a fairly wide sweeping attack with her tail, so I'd say go for Long sword or CB to have more reach.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 9, 2019 7:57 PM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
Gorochu said:
Velkhana is next. Any suggestion what weapon I should use against Velkhana? Long sword, Insect Glaive, Charged Blade etc?

She has a long reach with her attacks with a fairly wide sweeping attack with her tail, so I'd say go for Long sword or CB to have more reach.

Which iceborne monsters is hardest one?
Sep 10, 2019 1:00 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
Tropisch said:

That's a tough question to answer, but I'd say it has to be Silver Rathalos / Gold Rathian (because of flash pod nerf and airborne longer) and Savage Deviljho. Though imo, it depends on which elemental blights and attack patterns you dislike the most.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 10, 2019 7:53 AM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
Gorochu said:

That's a tough question to answer, but I'd say it has to be Silver Rathalos / Gold Rathian (because of flash pod nerf and airborne longer) and Savage Deviljho. Though imo, it depends on which elemental blights and attack patterns you dislike the most.

Don't tell me they are harder than Behemoth. How many monsters in Iceborne harder than Behemoth?
Sep 10, 2019 7:06 PM

Apr 2015
I believe Behemoth's still the most difficult, I don't think they'd make DLC monster's harder than a monster that can practically nuke you, unless they somehow decide to do a MR Behemoth. They did say the game would have one more year of free updates and support.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 11, 2019 6:24 PM

Sep 2017
I'm taking my time, so I'm still at the "beginning" I think, now I have to hunt a Glavenus and a Nargacuga
It's been a while since I fought these two, and I never fought them in G rank so it's going to be interesting

But I'm pausing the main quest currently, I prefer to complete all the other quests that appeared in the list, and I need to farm some monsters ~

I struggled at the beginning because I literally came back to World after a few months of pause, so I almost forgot the controls, but now it seems I'm at least able to survive
I hunted a Thunder Anjanath this afternoon, he was actually pretty fun and quite easy since you know his pattern
This only monster I struggled with so far is the Barioth

Unless you break his wings' claws, he's truly scary. Like the Nargacuga, I never fought him in G rank, so his speed stressed me out

Also, the new monkey helmet is just ridiculously cute

Gorochu said:
Which one is your favorite between nargacuga vs tigrex vs barioth?

Only fought the Barioth in Iceborne yet, but in general I just really like the Tigrex, and I like the Tigrex Berserk even more (not sure for the name, I think it's not the same in English but I'll use the French name anyways)
DamuzenSep 11, 2019 6:30 PM
Sep 11, 2019 10:45 PM

Apr 2015
Just wanted to mention to any PC players here who mod, might want to think about doing so. Some of the weapons got the bone / metal reskin treatment. Brachydios LS, Nargacuga DB, Tigrex LBG, Zinogre GS, and Glavenus GS are a few examples. All Velkhana and final monster weapons are all unique designs, though.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 12, 2019 7:22 PM

May 2018
I'm trying to get a master rank long sword so hunters, can recommend me the best long sword stat wise and best looking long sword?
Sep 13, 2019 11:19 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
I'm trying to get a master rank long sword so hunters, can recommend me the best long sword stat wise and best looking long sword?

If you're not worried about the looks, for fire, the Anjanath LS, more damage and fire damage than the Rathalos LS, Velkhana LS has good damage and decent ice and a level 4 slot, same with the Namielle LS, for Thunder, either the Kadachi LS, or when you get to him, Zinogre LS. For elementless if you don't want to do arena grind, either Nargacuga LS (can get purple sharpness) or Tigrex LS for higher raw damage, don't know about Dragon LS, sorry.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 14, 2019 7:14 PM

May 2018
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Game Ships 2.5 Million Copies, Reveals New Horizon Collaboration

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-14/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-game-ships-2.5-million-copies-reveals-new-horizon-collaboration/.151115

2.5 million sales for Iceborne in around 1 week. The main game already has huge success and this new expansion just increase it success further.
Sep 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
Very good tip, bring dung pods if you don't want your fight ruined. Savage Deviljho can appears during fights with Elder Dragons (has turf war with some of them) Seems it appears when the dragon you're fighting is near death, so keep that in mind.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 17, 2019 7:37 AM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
Very good tip, bring dung pods if you don't want your fight ruined. Savage Deviljho can appears during fights with Elder Dragons (has turf war with some of them) Seems it appears when the dragon you're fighting is near death, so keep that in mind.

I'm currently at the final boss. So far no Savage Deviljho or does it only happen after you beat the game?
Sep 17, 2019 7:46 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
Tropisch said:

I'm currently at the final boss. So far no Savage Deviljho or does it only happen after you beat the game?

Nah, I started to encounter it after I fought Velkhana, it appeared in the snow area when I was on an expedition.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 17, 2019 7:03 PM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
Gorochu said:

Nah, I started to encounter it after I fought Velkhana, it appeared in the snow area when I was on an expedition.

Does Savage Deviljho had its own long sword or upgrade?
Sep 17, 2019 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
Tropisch said:

It's an upgrade to the LS, "Consummate Katana" 924 base damage, default white sharpness, 330 dragon, and the same -30 affinity. It's rarity 12 btw.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 17, 2019 8:38 PM

Sep 2016
The wait for the PC release is excruciating.

ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀꜱɪᴇꜱᴛ ᴡᴀy ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴩ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴜʀᴛ
yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ yᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ yᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ yᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ
Sep 18, 2019 12:03 AM

Jul 2019
When does the PC version come out again?
Sep 18, 2019 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
@TaiHOE Around January IIRC.
@Tinybox Hey, atleast on PC you can make any armor layered and mod in the weapons from previous games, since a some of the returning monsters got metal / bone reskins.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 18, 2019 6:37 PM

Sep 2016
@Tropisch yeah but being a gunner only player on pc, using glutton for the 900th time gets a tad stale. I just see the console players having fun, I wanna have fun too...

Sep 18, 2019 7:07 PM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
Gorochu said:

It's an upgrade to the LS, "Consummate Katana" 924 base damage, default white sharpness, 330 dragon, and the same -30 affinity. It's rarity 12 btw.

For dragon element long sword, I think I will go with radiant flow. Seems better looking and has 0% affinity.
Sep 20, 2019 11:21 AM

Apr 2016
I'm a CB main user but I didn't have the possibility to play the game yet. So, I would to know if there's anyone who uses the CB that can say to me how the CB seem and how strong are the elemental CB now in Iceborne.
Sep 20, 2019 9:48 PM

Jul 2019
I haven't played this game in a while, However it looks cool so I might have to come back to it.

Build The Cities (Empire Of Sound) [feat. Kerli]
Tristam x Karma Fields

00:58━━━━⬤━━━━━━━━━━━━━04:01
⇆ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵◃ ❚❚ ▹ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵↻
Sep 21, 2019 5:40 AM

May 2018
Finally got my Radiant Flow after so many try on the final boss to break his head. F*cking Shara Ishvalda. He's not that hard but trying to break his head is too difficult. And why is it so much hassle just to get to Zinogre and Yian Garuga.

And Holy Shit! That ending of Iceborne is so brilliant.
Papa_ScorchSep 21, 2019 6:04 AM
Sep 21, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
@Gorochu How'd you defeat it? I failed the first time fighting it because it kept spamming the long range attack, and the second time I just quit because I didn't want to lose my used potions again. I don't have the Steady mantle because all I ever get are tempered Kirin quest, and no other tempered dragon quests.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 21, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
@Gorochu How'd you defeat it? I failed the first time fighting it because it kept spamming the long range attack, and the second time I just quit because I didn't want to lose my used potions again. I don't have the Steady mantle because all I ever get are tempered Kirin quest, and no other tempered dragon quests.

Did you solo? I just SOS. LOL! For his long range attack just don't stay in front of him. I keep to his side, attacking either his front or back leg. Also, superman dive always help. There is one dangerous AOE he use where he will burrow/dig to the ground and appear at the opposite site. I'm not sure the proper way to counter that so I just use farcaster and run away to the camp and refill whenever he did that. Do you have 3 slots for harvest? I usually harvest one potion and one honey so that I didn't run out of Mega Potion.
Sep 23, 2019 10:10 PM

Apr 2015
Finally beat creepy looking Shara, took 3 tries thanks to the tips above (beat on third try). And yeah, grind in Guiding Lands could do with a slight nerf, especially since leveling areas reduces the level of other areas, essentially undoing your hard work...
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 25, 2019 6:06 AM

Sep 2017
I still haven't even fought the Velkhana yet, I'm just taking my time completing the different quests (and also spending time searching for these freaking rare pets)

So far, Barioth still scares me sometimes, but it's nowhere near as the Nargacuga who destroys me pretty much, I think it's one of the toughest monsters I've fought in the game yet, but I'm getting used to its pattern and I completed its arena quest in 16 minutes, no death and I only took a few hits

G rank Rathalos is super annoying too, I didn't like him before but now it's worse than ever

However Brachydios and Glavenus are surprisingly pleasant to fight, I really like them
(but I think Brachy was kinda nerfed, he feels less deadly and much slower than 4U's G rank Dio)

Oh, and Tigrex is still super scary and a pain in the ass, but he's pretty fun to fight once you get used to its pattern
Sep 25, 2019 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
Themousen said:
I still haven't even fought the Velkhana yet, I'm just taking my time completing the different quests (and also spending time searching for these freaking rare pets)
G rank Rathalos is super annoying too, I didn't like him before but now it's worse than ever

-Wintermoon Nettle appears at the top of the climable mountain in Hoarfrost Reach on clear nights (rarely)
-Blue Diva appears in Coral Highlands, Forest, and Desert (only found Coral area, in the small area with the pond, you'll hear it's song before you see it)
-Rare fish appears in Hoarfrost cave where the Viper Kadachi sits (on clear nights, large, so not too hard to miss)
-Moles appear in all areas but haven't found one yet

And yeah, MR Rathalos is way annoying, with the flash pod nerf and flash resistance, I almost don't want to fight him. The weapons are good atleast.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 25, 2019 1:54 PM

Sep 2017
Got 3 out of 4 !

I just unlocked the rest of the Hoarfrost Reach map so I gave the Nettle a try, but it wasn't there
Man, climbing up that mountain again is going to be painful

And yep Rathalos' weapons are pretty good, at least for the long sword I'm using, but when it comes to the fire element, I prefer the Glavenus LS (plus it's easier to farm eheh)

I guess I'll have to think of a new armor build because some monsters are beginning to be painful (my first encounter with that frosty Legiana this afternoon was...tough), but I can't find the skills I need in the last pieces of armor I unlocked
Sep 26, 2019 12:52 AM

Apr 2015
So, the best LS in the game is Gold Rathian LS, high base damage (957) high poison (420) 10 affinity, and default purple sharpness, with large white sharpness. Poison damage seems to be higher in IB, and only one monster is immune to poison (Zorah) so if you main LS, go for Gold Rathian LS, she appears in the desert area in Guiding Lands at level 6.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 26, 2019 3:46 AM

May 2018
Tropisch said:
So, the best LS in the game is Gold Rathian LS, high base damage (957) high poison (420) 10 affinity, and default purple sharpness, with large white sharpness. Poison damage seems to be higher in IB, and only one monster is immune to poison (Zorah) so if you main LS, go for Gold Rathian LS, she appears in the desert area in Guiding Lands at level 6.

Just another longsword for my to collect then. Does it upgrade from normal Rathian longsword, wyvern blade holly? Is there a way for me to fight him without going through Guiding Land?
Papa_ScorchSep 26, 2019 3:59 AM
Sep 26, 2019 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
Tropisch said:

Just another longsword for my to collect then. Does it upgrade from normal Rathian longsword, wyvern blade holly? Is there a way for me to fight him without going through Guiding Land?

Yeah, it upgrades from the Holly. And the only way to fight it, is to unlock in the Guiding Lands, although you may get investigations where you fight it in Elder's Recess or the Wasteland locale.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 27, 2019 9:06 PM

Apr 2015
So I've fought Zinogre three times now, but I haven't gotten a single cortex, what gives? I've gotten parts for destroying it's claws, head and back, I don't understand.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 28, 2019 5:23 AM

Sep 2017
I. just. experienced. hell.

Silly me, thinking that Diablos hunt quest was going to be "slightly tough"

Oh, yeah, Diablos himself was kinda ok, his digging attacks were scary and I constantly had to run after him throughout the zone because of his charges, but he was rather easy.

What wasn't, however, was first of all that freaking Black Diablos that kept stalking her husband despite my dung bombs
My only death was because of her, she hit me so hard it's almost godly

But then, when I finally succeeded to separate this lovely couple, when I thought I could fight Diablos alone....oh hey, first encounter with Savage Deviljho. Lovely meeting, much dragon breath, would inhale again
He's terrifying. Truly terrifying, way more than he was in MH4U. He wrecked the Diablos, who escaped...towards his wife. I followed him, but Jho followed us.
Diablos getting destroyed by both his wife and Jho, escapes to his nest
Meanwhile, Jho is fighting the Black Dialos, turf war and all that stuff
While they're fighting, I go to the nest to continue my hunt

I arrive at the nest, fight an already tired Diablos
Then, I hear roars. Black Diablos and Jho are both enraged. And coming towards us.

Now imagine. Diablos, angry Black Diablos and angry Savage Deviljho. In G rank. All of them in one zone. A small zone. And, in all that mess, my poor hunter and his palico.

Took me 20 minutes to complete the quest, but it felt like 2 hours of pain, stress and trauma. My poor heart is still beating way too fast.
Sep 28, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Ah right, forgot to mention Savage Deviljho's unique style. It's always enraged, and when it becomes enraged again, it will stay enraged and chase you (enraged state will not go away) and it gains an attack buff each time it attacks other large monsters, which also doesn't wear off.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 29, 2019 6:29 PM

Sep 2017
Well, it's Savage Jho after all, it wouldn't be funny if it was easy

Today I just did a quest with a Dios and an Uragaan, and an Ebony Odogaron just showed up for the first time, destroyed the Uragaan and left, just like that. I think the future Ebony hunt will be a nightmare tbh, it looks scary af like a small and faster Savage Jho

Oh and it's impressive how master rank Diablos is easy in an arena, just slayed it in 12 minutes today. It's terrifying to see the difficulty difference between him and Black Diablos, which is just a nightmare
Sep 29, 2019 9:10 PM

Sep 2016
I'm just sitting in front of my computer twiddling my thumbs until it releases on steam.

Sep 30, 2019 1:43 AM

Apr 2015
Themousen said:
I think the future Ebony hunt will be a nightmare tbh, it looks scary af like a small and faster Savage Jho
It's terrifying to see the difficulty difference between him and Black Diablos, which is just a nightmare

Ebony Odo isn't too bad, it's weak to all elements. My first fight with it, it got into a turf war with Legiana once, then twice with a Nargacuga. As for Black Diablos, have fun again, because you'll have to fight a Tempered Black Diablos if you want to upgrade the Steady Mantle
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Sep 30, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2018
What do you guys think about Master Rank Behemoth?
Oct 1, 2019 12:02 PM

Apr 2015
Gorochu said:
What do you guys think about Master Rank Behemoth?

Gorochu confirmed IRL Behemoth wanting to make Hunter's suffer, lmao. Anyway, I can't imagine it, all those tornado attacks and the OHK, what would make it worse? I see it as a MR monster in HR already tbh.
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 7, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2018
How do I get Zinogre Skymerald? I want to get myself a full Zinogre beta armor set. Only the Zinogre SKymerald, the only material I need.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 15 minutes ago

0 by johnsrp »»
15 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.