Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 6, 2019 4:08 PM
Mar 2019
I haven't read anything in the SBR universe yet, but heard lots of good things about SBR, but not much about JoJolion. How does it compare to other parts so far?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2019 5:31 PM
Dec 2018
Weirdest Jojo part, Jousuke is weird. It takes places in Morioh, it also hasn't introduced the main villain yet which is usually what happens around now for a Jojo part. Also, this part has way more girls than other Jojo parts except for maybe part 6. The art style is still so beautiful as beautiful as Part 7 was. It's great.
Part 7
Part 5
Part 8
Part 4
Part 3 = Part 6(I love them equally)
Part 2
Part 1
Mar 10, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2016
IMO, it's really vague. Everything just seems to happen when there shouldn't be a reason for it.
Part 7
Part 6
Part 5
Part 2
Part 4
Part 3
Part 8=1
Mar 10, 2019 10:57 PM
Dec 2018
That's an insult to Jojolion saying it's equal to Part 1, every Jojo after Part 1 is far better than Part 1. Also this vagueness you are talking about, are you sure it's not just you not comprehending anything happening in the story because saying it's equal to Part 1 would suggest that you have no little to no standards of rating. That's like the dumbest thing ever saying Part 8 = Part 1, this is one of those examples where opinions can be wrong, and yours is definitely wrong.
Mar 11, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
At first I disliked it but after I read ~30 chapters it actually became really fun.
Part 7
Part 5=8
Part 3
Part 2
Part 6
Part 4
Part 1
NorbiZJul 29, 2019 3:36 AM
Mar 11, 2019 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
Tbh, it's easily the worst Jojo part in my books.
I have literally zero drive to read it at the moment.
Mar 12, 2019 10:13 AM
Dec 2018
CondemneDio said:
How is it the worst part when you just said you haven't read it? That makes no sense !!! Also, Jojolion is not the worst part, looking at it objectively, it's art style is far superior to Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, The action is mostly better. The themes are mostly better than Part 1. I don't know how people say Jojolion is the worst part, that is just dumb. I never understand how people come to that conclusion
Mar 12, 2019 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
Hunter_Garou said:
CondemneDio said:
How is it the worst part when you just said you haven't read it? That makes no sense !!! Also, Jojolion is not the worst part, looking at it objectively, it's art style is far superior to Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, The action is mostly better. The themes are mostly better than Part 1. I don't know how people say Jojolion is the worst part, that is just dumb. I never understand how people come to that conclusion

Read again; I have read it. I have no drive to continue reading from where I left off.

Claiming something is objective doesn't make it objective.

Go bother someone else.
Mar 12, 2019 11:22 AM

Jan 2015
The thing I said since the first few volumes of this part is that it has the potential to be either the best or the worst JoJo part, now it all hangs on how the ending will be. And given the number of plot holes already developed, I don't expect to be impressed much. At least the art is still very good, although it lacks the more exotic feeling of part 7, so it's not much of an improvement.
My top would go something like this:
1. Steel Ball Run
2. Diamond is Unbreakable
3. Stone Ocean
4. Stardust Crusaders
5. Battle Tendency
6. Golden Wind
7. Phantom Blood

I'm not sure if I want to put JoJolion above or below Golden Wind. Time will tell!
Zura_OrokamonoOct 21, 2019 11:46 AM
Mar 13, 2019 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
For me its the most bizarre part so far and I love it despite its problems. I'm gonna be honest though it needs some work. So far i'd put it somewhere in the middle.
DejaaaMar 13, 2019 3:22 PM
Mar 16, 2019 2:35 AM

Jul 2012
It's too soon to say anything objectively about part 8 right now, surprisingly (given it's almost 20 volumes in), because so far there was a lot of pieces for a puzzle being gathered little by little without a very clear picture to it even now.

I consider JoJo one big masterpiece with a slightly low point (part 1) and a very high point (part 7), with the parts in between varying from very good to great. Part 8 however really needs to give a definitive solid ground to its creative madness to sit in (thus far we only really got glimpses and hints of brilliance, but nothing too conclusive for the story itself... for now!), and I'm guessing we will get that whenever the main villain pop-up.

Mar 16, 2019 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
I'll read it when the series and the scanlations finish as I did with previous Jojos. It became the longest running Jojo so far.
Mar 20, 2019 6:28 AM

Aug 2017
I think we must wait to see how it will continue for saying if it's the worst part or viceversa,even if can be already said that it's not gonna be amazing as part 7(in part 7 at this point would have already happened a lot of things).For me to make more interesting Araki should reintroduce old characters in this new universe like kakyoin or rohan and maybe make the main antagonist as traitor between his acquaintances.
For me the raking is this for now:
Part 7
Part 6=4
Part 3
Part 5
Part 8
Part 2
Part 1
MucosaMar 20, 2019 6:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2019 2:08 PM
May 2017
personally one of my favorite parts... this one feels the closest to an actual occidental comic book, in art-style as much as in pacing. I love the characters, love the stands and enjoyed most of the arcs... i think the art hasn't reached the bombastic hights of pt. 7, mainly due to the more grounded setting, but still... SBR Universe kickin ass.
as for a rating, i'd say:
pt. 7 > pt. 6 > pt. 8 (unless a major fuck-up) >pt. 2 > pt. 4 > pt. 5 >pt. 1 > pt. 3
May 6, 2019 8:43 AM
Jul 2015
Jojolion has just been going in circles for the last couple chapters, not much has been happening and the fights aren't as good as the ones in parts prior. Hell, the Dolemite fight was the most awkward jojo battle since the one with that asian dragon guy in part 6.

Part 4 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 2 > power gap > 8 > 1
May 6, 2019 11:38 AM
Oct 2018
Hirohiko Araki is at this point just testing the limits of madness and creativity. It seems to me that Jojolion is the pure essence of his creative freedom. It's definetly not as good as Steel Ball Run but it isn't bad either. It is still between very good and great but the other parts except 1 are at least great.
May 29, 2019 4:23 PM
Jan 2019
It’s simple, it’s the best
Jul 3, 2019 11:54 PM
Apr 2018
Such a fucking masterpiece i dunno where i have to start but Jojolion One of my Favorite ♥️♥️ Here is my top about all Parts
-
1-7 SBR For Fucking Sure
2- 8 Jojolion ♥️♥️♥️
3- Stone Ocean
4- Aureo Vento
5-Diamonds Unbreakable
6-Stardust Crusaders
7- Battle tendency i dont like it
8- Phantom Blood Bad Part
Jul 4, 2019 12:04 AM

Sep 2014
It's pretty enjoyable with lots of creativity and weirdness (having the target demographic shift was the greatest thing we could have asked for) and we are not that far from ending. Thus far for me:

1) Steel Ball Run
2) Diamond is Unbreakable
3) Battle Tendency
4) Stone Ocean
5) Jojolion (currently)
6) Golden Wind
7) Stardust Crusaders
8) Phantom Blood
Aug 15, 2019 4:37 AM
Mar 2018
by far my fav part so far. best fight in the series (vitamin c), best main cast, lots of super cool stand designs (king nothing, speed king, soft & wet, awakening III leaves), and maybe my fav main antagonist so far if it ends up being joubin. im rlly excited to see where the story goes and if all our unanswered questions will get addressed or not (still waiting for araki to reveal who the flashback man is)

jojolion
steel ball run
diamond is unbreakable
vento aureo
stone ocean
stardust crusaders
phantom blood
battle tendency
Sep 12, 2019 7:08 AM

Jan 2014
Jojolion is pretty.....interesting. It's probably one of the most plot-heavy jojo and the focus seems to be heavily on the mysterious things that are happening around our main character. it's gonna be a make or break it moment for this manga when the reveal of everything happened, i bet.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 13, 2019 12:17 PM

Sep 2015
I like the main characters but it's kind of boring.
can dis sig fit
Sep 13, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2019
Its different then other parts, but i love it and the battles are better then in most parts imo
1.SBR
2.DiU
3.JJL
4.VA
5.SO
6.SC
7.BT
8.PB
Sep 18, 2019 9:42 AM
Sep 2016
At first it seemed really weird, I wasn't sure why things would happen, and a lot of character fell flat, but after recently reareading in colour, I think this is definitely the best written part in terms of it's characters, Josuke's whole character and the themes of family and identity are amazing, the stands and their fights are some of my favorites in the series too, and the art is the best, but thats to be expected since it's the newest part.

I love SBR, especially Gyro and Johnny, but I think Jojolion is better than SBR as a whole, and by the end a lot more people will be inclined to agree. I love part 8!

Current JoJo ranking:

5=2
Oct 1, 2019 9:13 AM
Sep 2012
I'd say it'll probably be the among the weakest of all 8, maybe just above part 1 and 6, even though it's still ungoing and it could have surprises.

The premises were very interesting, and there are parts that are really cool, plus the whole "mistery" regarding who's the bad guy, what's behind the business of the Rokakaka, the unclear relationships between characters...is certainly nice, but...

I feel Araki is 1. Not too sure where he wants to end up... 2. Putting too many things in it (characters, plot-twists, subplots), and lots of these are irrelevant to the main storyline 3. Wasting time with complicated Stands and stand abilities that goes into too much detail... So overall it feels unclear, without a designated goal, certainly bizarre that's true, but not that exciting.

I hope it will get better from now on...

Oct 1, 2019 9:49 AM
May 2017
omy785 said:
I'd say it'll probably be the among the weakest of all 8, maybe just above part 1 and 6, even though it's still ungoing and it could have surprises.

The premises were very interesting, and there are parts that are really cool, plus the whole "mistery" regarding who's the bad guy, what's behind the business of the Rokakaka, the unclear relationships between characters...is certainly nice, but...

I feel Araki is 1. Not too sure where he wants to end up... 2. Putting too many things in it (characters, plot-twists, subplots), and lots of these are irrelevant to the main storyline 3. Wasting time with complicated Stands and stand abilities that goes into too much detail... So overall it feels unclear, without a designated goal, certainly bizarre that's true, but not that exciting.

- pt. 6 is actually the best.
- The stands are probably the most simple and easy to understand stands on Jojo since pt. 3 and 4, tbh.
- We'll know which subplots are the irrelevant ones after the part is over, mate.

I truly feel most criticisms for this part come from impatient and forgetful people who don't know what it means to read a monthly publication. Like, just stop now and read it in one go once it's over. Fr, you'll have a much more fun experience. If you want to engage in the especulation, the fan theories and the jojokes then stop being little bitches about it.
Oct 1, 2019 1:42 PM
Sep 2012
RabidFish said:
omy785 said:

- The stands are probably the most simple and easy to understand stands on Jojo since pt. 3 and 4, tbh.
- We'll know which subplots are the irrelevant ones after the part is over, mate.

I truly feel most criticisms for this part come from impatient and forgetful people who don't know what it means to read a monthly publication. Like, just stop now and read it in one go once it's over. Fr, you'll have a much more fun experience. If you want to engage in the especulation, the fan theories and the jojokes then stop being little bitches about it.

Sorry, I didn't know you were THE LAW. Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion (and yours is very debatable), the only one bitchy here is you. So why don't you shut the hell up and move on...
omy785Oct 1, 2019 2:10 PM
Oct 1, 2019 6:10 PM
May 2017
omy785 said:
RabidFish said:

Sorry, I didn't know you were THE LAW. Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion (and yours is very debatable), the only one bitchy here is you. So why don't you shut the hell up and move on...

you are entilted to your own opinion, dude, chill tf out lol. You just said something i disagree with and also i happen to notice a lot of criticism against Jojolion comes from lack of perspective and not being used to read a monthly publication.

Piss off also.
Oct 1, 2019 11:17 PM
Sep 2012
RabidFish said:
omy785 said:

you are entilted to your own opinion, dude, chill tf out lol. You just said something i disagree with and also i happen to notice a lot of criticism against Jojolion comes from lack of perspective and not being used to read a monthly publication.

Piss off also.

Not being used? Hahahah, I read a lot more manga than you ever did in your entire life, the only one lacking perspective is you. So kid if you can't take criticism I suggest you to stop reading others opinions, that way your point of view will always be right regardless of how stupid it is. And in your case, very. Go to bed, it's late.
Oct 1, 2019 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
I really liked part 7 and the direction it took and am waiting for 8 to finish, just like I did with 7. Araki has modernised Jojo to stand above the rest, coming with new ideas. Even if you don't like the story, the character design makes it worth reading
Oct 13, 2019 8:12 AM

Jun 2019
IMO

4>7>5>8>2>3>6>1

Oct 13, 2019 3:26 PM

Oct 2019
Its been trash since the Vitamin C arc. It was good up until that point but it's completely lost its way. It's about to overtake SBR as the longest part but barely even holds a candle to it.

Araki used to be good at balancing bizarreness and plot progression, but he isn't in this part. The bizarreness here just feels like unnecessary padding. He's wasting chapters on le random bizarre funny bits about a car being stuck in a tree, or about wireless charging, instead of getting on with the story. At least previous parts had payoffs for these bits, like the Heavy Weather arc. There's none here.

Josuke is also completely uninteresting since we learn about who he truly is. You could argue that's because he is lost and doesn't know how to move forward, but that doesn't make for an interesting character - especially because he was like this before and wasn't so incredibly boring. His Plunder ability has also been completely forgotten. Araki has done a terrible job at handling his character.

It also has some of the worst stands in the series tbh. Such a huge step down from SBR. What happened?

7 >
>>>
4 > 6
>>>
2 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 8

Oct 13, 2019 10:06 PM
Apr 2017
You're all wrong, wrong I say! You're all fools! Jojolion is awesome and people are only rating it lowly because we haven't gotten to its big payoff. The pacing in the last bunch of chapters has been TIGHT and I'm convinced we're on the precipice of some patrician shit.

So here's the real ranking.
Steel Ball Run (Normie choice, I know, but come on)
Jojolion (Great characters, great fights, really interesting story)
Diamond Is Unbreakable (I love Kira too much)
Stone Ocean (Really fun part with some great characters, held back by rushed ending)
Vento Aureo (It's better part 3. You know it, I know it, we all know it)
Stardust Crusaders (Still good, but it's worse part 5)
Phantom Blood (Pretty boring part, but there are parts I like)
Battle Tendency (I really don't like this part. Sorry!)

So that's how it stacks up. It's better than everything other than Steel Ball Run.
Oct 28, 2019 5:39 PM

Aug 2015
I don't know part 8 is in such a weird space for me. I really want Araki to wrap this up really well. The plot progression is so incredibly slow for me. I don't know whether to hate or like it. It's so frustrating to me to read a part from my favorite series ever and just be unsure if I even like it. And I can't stop myself from reading it even though I shouldn't.

Nov 2, 2019 2:49 PM
Mar 2018
I think it's really good and I can't wait for the next chapter as we're I would put it on my list
1.SBR=VA=JJL
2.SO
3.DIU
4.BT
5.PB
6.SC
Nov 10, 2019 2:55 AM
Oct 2013
It’s still making me read it so it’s doing something right, however it’s not my fave. I haven’t found a character I’m particularity...drawn to. I found the same in Steel Ball Run (even though Gyro is pretty cool). I love the art style though it has to be said.

Diamond is Unbreakable is probably ultimate top one for me followed by Vento Aureo.
Jan 8, 2020 1:46 AM

Nov 2018
my list would have to be
part 8
part 7
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 3
part 2
part 1
Jan 31, 2020 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
I think it's by far Araki's best in terms of, well, everything. Character: Gappy, Yasuho, Jobin, etc all feel so real and three dimensional. I love Gappy's arc of self discovery. Art: Self explanatory. Fights: Vitamin C is my favorite fight in the series and there's so many other amazing ones. It's the only JoJo Part where I truly don't know where it's going and I love that.
Updated my journal
Feb 8, 2020 10:04 AM
Feb 2016
For me:
1. Part 5
2. Part 7
3. Part 8
4. Part 4
5. Part 3
6. Part 6
7. Part 2
8. Part 1
Feb 12, 2020 6:42 PM

Jul 2017
Part 8 is my favorite after Stardust Crusaders (yes, I'm a boomer).

Also, really glad that troll votes were purged today from the entire site. The score was bumped back up to 8.40 and Part 8 is back into the top 200. Jojolion is actually the third highest-ranked part at present.
あなたは誰?
Feb 15, 2020 10:41 PM
Oct 2017
CondemneDio said:
worse than part 1?
Feb 16, 2020 5:18 AM

Jan 2013
CallanDeMatrix said:
CondemneDio said:
worse than part 1?

In my opinion, yes.
Part 1 was goofy and all, but it had Dio.
Feb 17, 2020 8:34 AM
Apr 2016
JoJolion is awesome, of course is a really weird part but is masterfully writing there are a lot of hints at what is gonna happen in the story, the characters are awesome the mystery is still developing and the art is really good
Feb 24, 2020 8:17 AM

Mar 2014
I can't wait for JoJolion to end so that I can write the longest most positive review ever.
Updated my journal
Feb 28, 2020 4:00 PM

Sep 2018
It has the same level of insanity and crazy battles as any other part. The story and the ned goals off the characters are also nuanced in a way. The problem that I have are with side characters. They commonly come and leave the main story in most cases never to be seen again. This is a real shame because there are a lot more interesting side characters compared to other jojos.
Mar 8, 2020 10:22 AM
Dec 2010
8) Phantom Blood
7) Stardust Crusaders
6) Battle Tendencies
5) Golden Wind
4) Stone Ocean
3) Steel Ball Run (as of first reading)
2) JoJolion
1) Diamond is Unbreakable

TBH I really want to rate JoJolion over part 4, but I really, really like p4 Josuke. P8 is going well so far, but he still doesn't have a complete arc.
Mar 27, 2020 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
Okay, I'm all caught up on Jojolion. So far, it's an interesting part, I like the sort of unifying idea about this Part being about navigating an increasingly confusing and hostile modern world, exploiting things like existential doubt with Gappy, gender struggles with Yasuho, nature's cruelty with the Higashikata family curse and how some opt to inflict harm on/sacrifice others for their kin, and this whole messy web of sin and guilt and all, the mysteries about Gappy's origins and how that ties into the grander franchise lineage, etc.

Maybe something on capitalism with how the Rokakaka fruit has become a luxury item despite being a form of medicine and all, a kind of unreliable, strange medicine, but medicine all the same, I feel like there were some bits mentioned thus far that were more meaningful, but they're escaping me atm.

This is more of Araki's experimentation post-SO to shake things up a bit though, and while it is fascinating, I am not completely won over with it. I know by its nature it would be a bit trickier to have the tight-knit group dynamic the pre-SBR entries have (heck, even SBR is all about Johnny & Gyro's bonding and all) but I do kind of miss it since most characters are just kind of living their lives otherwise (well, the Higashikata at least) and Yasuho kind of comes and goes, though Rai is a decent late addition, but the lack of like a consistent group to bounce off one another, the indirect mystery and a non-traditional villain who doesn't have the same kind of masterminding and enduring presence makes this Part's structure feel a bit more stitched together and less like an organic progression at times, because it seems we're about at the end game but that the story has felt so small in a way.

Also, I am rarely one to complain or notice "Araki forgot" but it is super glaring to me that Kyo is directly connected to Gappy but has done virtually NOTHING after her arc, like there's a prime opportunity for her to be heavily involved in the plot, or at least be aware of the goings-on despite her Stand maybe being weird to work into fights with other characters after and her being the Higashikata housekeeper and all, but feels like a huge missed opportunity though.

Still, Gappy is one of the best Jojos,
is a great villain, the mysteries are still engaging, some of the fights are incredibly tense, it just still feels all around quite good. Kind of reflects my feelings with Kanye West's post-Graduation discography: the other albums haven't quite met the consistency of the first 3, but I'm always intrigued at what the experimentation brings and really respect it.

As for rankings, it would be:
8) Phantom Blood: the usual complaints
7) Stone Ocean: bottom of the barrel Stand fights, hate the weird "Geo-cache life hack search for Heaven by meeting X conditions" plot and how flimsy it feels, Jolyne is a weaker Jojo, Pucci I've pretty much forgotten about entirely besides being Dio's devotee, etc; it's saved by Foo Fighters, Weather Report's backstory, Hermes I guess and the odd other thing, but otherwise if it weren't for how compromised PB's story is along with these things, this would be the bottom for me
6) Stardust Crusaders: Araki just starting the Stand format and all, all around "good", decent cast, comedy, adventure, villain (not HUGE on Dio personally) and fights but some fights in the first half were a bit more boring at times and Jotaro is the worst Jojo.

Next 3 are essentially tied, but to the nitty-gritty, gun to my head, if I had to give a number for each, then:
5) Steel Ball Run:

4) Battle Tendency: Joseph is absolutely hysterical, him & Caesar's bromanship is solid, it's a decent globetrotter with metrosexual Aztec vampire gods, cyborg Nazis, an Italian man with killer bubble blowing, etc, it's a decently paced, silly and exhilarating good time, just wish Joseph didn't get all the kills and maybe have a few more minions and such, expand the story a bit more.
3) Jojolion: outlined most of it earlier, doesn't always work, but this experimentation is at least a lot less thorny than SBR for me; some Stands still feel a bit unoriginal and hasn't returned to peak A-game, consistent fights, but still quite good.

2) Vento Aureo: yes, Golden Wind has a lot of easy stuff to pick apart at - Giorno is a strangely characterized lead, Araki gave him way too many damn abilities he kept forgetting about, the cast is a bit unbalanced in fights or characterization at times (Abbachio), it has less humour than other Parts, it has a bit of a slow start, Fugo, etc. But I just love the aesthetics of it a bunch, the adventure, I still like Bruno's gang a lot and Giorno himself, I like Diavolo as a villain (not just for Doppio), and most importantly it continues to be peak quality for Stand fights in the series, just an absolute blast. Stardust Crusaders but Italian and better, indeed (for me at least).
1) Diamond is Unbreakable: Best Jojo, best villain, some of the best Stand fights with almost no duds, pretty great cast all around, very funny, trims a lot of the usual redundant and baggy exposition, fantastic urban horror suspense in this built up community, just the best. A few weird quirks here and there, but negligible effect to the overall quality in the end.

It's a bit much, but I guess I've never really posted about my thoughts about Jojo at length anywhere, so thought I'd spill a bit lol.
AngelsArcanumMar 27, 2020 1:14 AM
Mar 27, 2020 3:18 AM

Mar 2019
I actually really liked it even from chapter one, I loved the mystery aspect reminded me of part 4 (who would have known)
Mar 30, 2020 1:51 PM
Oct 2019
Probably
Part 7
Part 5=6
Part 8 (as of right now)
Part 4
Part 3
Part 2
Part 1

Each part is enjoyable and unique in my opinion, part 8 is so far really enjoyable.
Apr 4, 2020 4:04 PM
Mar 2020
It has it's flaws, but I absolutely love it.
My Ranking would be
1. Part 4
2. Part 8
3. Part 6
4. Part 7
5. Part 5
6. Part 2
7. Part 3
8. Part 1

This is my first forum post.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.