Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 6, 4:08 PM
I haven't read anything in the SBR universe yet, but heard lots of good things about SBR, but not much about JoJolion. How does it compare to other parts so far?

Mar 7, 5:31 PM
Weirdest Jojo part, Jousuke is weird. It takes places in Morioh, it also hasn't introduced the main villain yet which is usually what happens around now for a Jojo part. Also, this part has way more girls than other Jojo parts except for maybe part 6. The art style is still so beautiful as beautiful as Part 7 was. It's great.
Part 7
Part 5
Part 8
Part 4
Part 3 = Part 6(I love them equally)
Part 2
Part 1

Mar 10, 7:58 AM

IMO, it's really vague. Everything just seems to happen when there shouldn't be a reason for it.
Part 7
Part 6
Part 5
Part 2
Part 4
Part 3
Part 8=1

Mar 10, 10:57 PM
That's an insult to Jojolion saying it's equal to Part 1, every Jojo after Part 1 is far better than Part 1. Also this vagueness you are talking about, are you sure it's not just you not comprehending anything happening in the story because saying it's equal to Part 1 would suggest that you have no little to no standards of rating. That's like the dumbest thing ever saying Part 8 = Part 1, this is one of those examples where opinions can be wrong, and yours is definitely wrong.

Mar 11, 8:36 AM

At first I disliked it but after I read ~30 chapters it actually became really fun.
Part 7
Part 5=8
Part 3
Part 2
Part 6
Part 4
Part 1
Modified by NorbiZ, Jul 29, 3:36 AM

Mar 11, 8:44 AM

Tbh, it's easily the worst Jojo part in my books.
I have literally zero drive to read it at the moment.

Mar 12, 10:13 AM
CondemneDio said:
How is it the worst part when you just said you haven't read it? That makes no sense !!! Also, Jojolion is not the worst part, looking at it objectively, it's art style is far superior to Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, The action is mostly better. The themes are mostly better than Part 1. I don't know how people say Jojolion is the worst part, that is just dumb. I never understand how people come to that conclusion

Mar 12, 10:18 AM

Hunter_Garou said:
CondemneDio said:
How is it the worst part when you just said you haven't read it? That makes no sense !!! Also, Jojolion is not the worst part, looking at it objectively, it's art style is far superior to Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3, The action is mostly better. The themes are mostly better than Part 1. I don't know how people say Jojolion is the worst part, that is just dumb. I never understand how people come to that conclusion

Read again; I have read it. I have no drive to continue reading from where I left off.

Claiming something is objective doesn't make it objective.

Go bother someone else.

Mar 12, 11:22 AM

The thing I said since the first few volumes of this part is that it has the potential to be either the best or the worst JoJo part, now it all hangs on how the ending will be. And given the number of plot holes already developed, I don't expect to be impressed much. At least the art is still very good, although it lacks the more exotic feeling of part 7, so it's not much of an improvement.
My top would go something like this:
1.Steel Ball Run
2.Diamond is Unbreakable
3.Stone Ocean
4.Stardust Crusaders
5.Battle Tendency
6.Golden Wind
7.Phantom Blood

I'm not sure if I want to put JoJolion above or below Golden Wind. Time will tell!

Mar 13, 3:15 PM

For me its the most bizarre part so far and I love it despite its problems. I'm gonna be honest though it needs some work. So far i'd put it somewhere in the middle.
Modified by Dejaaa, Mar 13, 3:22 PM

Mar 16, 2:35 AM

It's too soon to say anything objectively about part 8 right now, surprisingly (given it's almost 20 volumes in), because so far there was a lot of pieces for a puzzle being gathered little by little without a very clear picture to it even now.

I consider JoJo one big masterpiece with a slightly low point (part 1) and a very high point (part 7), with the parts in between varying from very good to great. Part 8 however really needs to give a definitive solid ground to its creative madness to sit in (thus far we only really got glimpses and hints of brilliance, but nothing too conclusive for the story itself... for now!), and I'm guessing we will get that whenever the main villain pop-up.

Mar 16, 5:19 AM

I'll read it when the series and the scanlations finish as I did with previous Jojos. It became the longest running Jojo so far.

Mar 20, 6:28 AM

I think we must wait to see how it will continue for saying if it's the worst part or viceversa,even if can be already said that it's not gonna be amazing as part 7(in part 7 at this point would have already happened a lot of things).For me to make more interesting Araki should reintroduce old characters in this new universe like kakyoin or rohan and maybe make the main antagonist as traitor between his acquaintances.
For me the raking is this for now:
Part 7
Part 6=4
Part 3
Part 5
Part 8
Part 2
Part 1
Modified by Mucosa, Mar 20, 6:31 AM

Mar 20, 2:08 PM
personally one of my favorite parts... this one feels the closest to an actual occidental comic book, in art-style as much as in pacing. I love the characters, love the stands and enjoyed most of the arcs... i think the art hasn't reached the bombastic hights of pt. 7, mainly due to the more grounded setting, but still... SBR Universe kickin ass.
as for a rating, i'd say:
pt. 7 > pt. 6 > pt. 8 (unless a major fuck-up) >pt. 2 > pt. 4 > pt. 5 >pt. 1 > pt. 3

May 6, 8:43 AM
Jojolion has just been going in circles for the last couple chapters, not much has been happening and the fights aren't as good as the ones in parts prior. Hell, the Dolemite fight was the most awkward jojo battle since the one with that asian dragon guy in part 6.

Part 4 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 2 > power gap > 8 > 1

May 6, 11:38 AM
Hirohiko Araki is at this point just testing the limits of madness and creativity. It seems to me that Jojolion is the pure essence of his creative freedom. It's definetly not as good as Steel Ball Run but it isn't bad either. It is still between very good and great but the other parts except 1 are at least great.

May 29, 4:23 PM
It’s simple, it’s the best

Jul 3, 11:54 PM
Such a fucking masterpiece i dunno where i have to start but Jojolion One of my Favorite ♥️♥️ Here is my top about all Parts
-
1-7 SBR For Fucking Sure
2- 8 Jojolion ♥️♥️♥️
3- Stone Ocean
4- Aureo Vento
5-Diamonds Unbreakable
6-Stardust Crusaders
7- Battle tendency i dont like it
8- Phantom Blood Bad Part

Jul 4, 12:04 AM
Forum Moderator
It's pretty enjoyable with lots of creativity and weirdness (having the target demographic shift was the greatest thing we could have asked for) and we are not that far from ending. Thus far for me:

1) Steel Ball Run
2) Diamond is Unbreakable
3) Battle Tendency
4) Stone Ocean
5) Jojolion (currently)
6) Golden Wind
7) Stardust Crusaders
8) Phantom Blood

Aug 15, 4:37 AM
by far my fav part so far. best fight in the series (vitamin c), best main cast, lots of super cool stand designs (king nothing, speed king, soft & wet, awakening III leaves), and maybe my fav main antagonist so far if it ends up being joubin. im rlly excited to see where the story goes and if all our unanswered questions will get addressed or not (still waiting for araki to reveal who the flashback man is)

jojolion
steel ball run
diamond is unbreakable
vento aureo
stone ocean
stardust crusaders
phantom blood
battle tendency

Aug 16, 5:03 PM
I really like JoJolion. I think it's up towards the top of the list. Like part 7 it has amazing art and the story flows a lot better than other parts that seem to stop when a stand battle starts. The mystery is amazing I genuinely don't know where anything is going which makes me hungrier for more. It reminds me of Dorohedoro a lot. I think JoJolion like Dorohedoro reads a lot better in volumes rather than chapter by chapter. I can understand people not enjoying a very mysterious part that is probably going to take a decade or more to finish but to me the part when finished will possibly be better than steel ball run.

Sep 12, 5:45 AM

Diamond is Unbreakable (masterpiece tbh, absolutely no flaws to it)
Jojolion (almost twice better than any part if judging as a whole manga; mystery is on top af)
Stone Ocean (best mc, also that conclusion and it's the peak of araki's weekly art)
Battle Tendency (not a fan of the start, but joseph and lisa lisa <3)
Steel Ball Run (kinda overrated, valentine sucks and not a big johnny fan; also it's slow start is a drag)
Phantom Blood (hate when people place it last, the setting is great and it has dio at its best)
Vento Aureo (despite loving Diavolo and the final battle, which seems to be the problem of people not liking this part, the main cast is boring)
Stardust Crusaders (too straight tbh, don't like lit. any of the characters + no rereading value)

Sep 12, 7:08 AM

Jojolion is pretty.....interesting. It's probably one of the most plot-heavy jojo and the focus seems to be heavily on the mysterious things that are happening around our main character. it's gonna be a make or break it moment for this manga when the reveal of everything happened, i bet.
"This is boring...I'm bored..."

Sep 12, 7:15 PM
steel ball run > stone ocean > stardust crusaders ≥ diamond is unbreakable ≥ battle tendency >> phantom blood >> golden wind ≥ jojolion

-characters
SBR > SO = DiU > SC > BT ≥ PB = GW > JJ

-Setting
SBR > SO = SC > GW > DiU > BT > PB > JJ

-Comedy
SBR > SO = SC ≥ DiU = BT > PB > GW > JJ

-Battles
SBR > DiU = JJ ≥ SO = GW ≥ SC > BT > PB

-Plot
SBR > SO > BT > SC ≥ PB ≥ DiU = GW > JJ

-themes
SBR > SO > DiU > SC ≥ BT = PB > GW > JJ

Sep 13, 12:17 PM

I like the main characters but it's kind of boring.
Papaya!

Sep 13, 12:52 PM

Its different then other parts, but i love it and the battles are better then in most parts imo
1.SBR
2.DiU
3.JJL
4.VA
5.SO
6.SC
7.BT
8.PB

Sep 18, 9:42 AM
At first it seemed really weird, I wasn't sure why things would happen, and a lot of character fell flat, but after recently reareading in colour, I think this is definitely the best written part in terms of it's characters, Josuke's whole character and the themes of family and identity are amazing, the stands and their fights are some of my favorites in the series too, and the art is the best, but thats to be expected since it's the newest part.

I love SBR, especially Gyro and Johnny, but I think Jojolion is better than SBR as a whole, and by the end a lot more people will be inclined to agree. I love part 8!

Current JoJo ranking:

5=2

Oct 1, 9:13 AM
I'd say it'll probably be the among the weakest of all 8, maybe just above part 1 and 6, even though it's still ungoing and it could have surprises.

The premises were very interesting, and there are parts that are really cool, plus the whole "mistery" regarding who's the bad guy, what's behind the business of the Rokakaka, the unclear relationships between characters...is certainly nice, but...

I feel Araki is 1. Not too sure where he wants to end up... 2. Putting too many things in it (characters, plot-twists, subplots), and lots of these are irrelevant to the main storyline 3. Wasting time with complicated Stands and stand abilities that goes into too much detail... So overall it feels unclear, without a designated goal, certainly bizarre that's true, but not that exciting.

I hope it will get better from now on...

Oct 1, 9:49 AM
omy785 said:
I'd say it'll probably be the among the weakest of all 8, maybe just above part 1 and 6, even though it's still ungoing and it could have surprises.

The premises were very interesting, and there are parts that are really cool, plus the whole "mistery" regarding who's the bad guy, what's behind the business of the Rokakaka, the unclear relationships between characters...is certainly nice, but...

I feel Araki is 1. Not too sure where he wants to end up... 2. Putting too many things in it (characters, plot-twists, subplots), and lots of these are irrelevant to the main storyline 3. Wasting time with complicated Stands and stand abilities that goes into too much detail... So overall it feels unclear, without a designated goal, certainly bizarre that's true, but not that exciting.

- pt. 6 is actually the best.
- The stands are probably the most simple and easy to understand stands on Jojo since pt. 3 and 4, tbh.
- We'll know which subplots are the irrelevant ones after the part is over, mate.

I truly feel most criticisms for this part come from impatient and forgetful people who don't know what it means to read a monthly publication. Like, just stop now and read it in one go once it's over. Fr, you'll have a much more fun experience. If you want to engage in the especulation, the fan theories and the jojokes then stop being little bitches about it.

Oct 1, 1:42 PM
RabidFish said:
omy785 said:

- The stands are probably the most simple and easy to understand stands on Jojo since pt. 3 and 4, tbh.
- We'll know which subplots are the irrelevant ones after the part is over, mate.

I truly feel most criticisms for this part come from impatient and forgetful people who don't know what it means to read a monthly publication. Like, just stop now and read it in one go once it's over. Fr, you'll have a much more fun experience. If you want to engage in the especulation, the fan theories and the jojokes then stop being little bitches about it.

Sorry, I didn't know you were THE LAW. Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion (and yours is very debatable), the only one bitchy here is you. So why don't you shut the hell up and move on...
Modified by omy785, Oct 1, 2:10 PM

Oct 1, 6:10 PM
omy785 said:
RabidFish said:

Sorry, I didn't know you were THE LAW. Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion (and yours is very debatable), the only one bitchy here is you. So why don't you shut the hell up and move on...

you are entilted to your own opinion, dude, chill tf out lol. You just said something i disagree with and also i happen to notice a lot of criticism against Jojolion comes from lack of perspective and not being used to read a monthly publication.

Piss off also.

Oct 1, 11:17 PM
RabidFish said:
omy785 said:

you are entilted to your own opinion, dude, chill tf out lol. You just said something i disagree with and also i happen to notice a lot of criticism against Jojolion comes from lack of perspective and not being used to read a monthly publication.

Piss off also.

Not being used? Hahahah, I read a lot more manga than you ever did in your entire life, the only one lacking perspective is you. So kid if you can't take criticism I suggest you to stop reading others opinions, that way your point of view will always be right regardless of how stupid it is. And in your case, very. Go to bed, it's late.

Oct 1, 11:25 PM

I really liked part 7 and the direction it took and am waiting for 8 to finish, just like I did with 7. Araki has modernised Jojo to stand above the rest, coming with new ideas. Even if you don't like the story, the character design makes it worth reading

Oct 12, 10:53 PM

I think it's the best one after SBR if not equal to SBR. Time will tell, depends on the finale. 7>8>4>2>5>6>1>3 for me.

Oct 13, 8:12 AM

IMO

4>7>5>8>2>3>6>1

Oct 13, 3:26 PM
Its been trash since the Vitamin C arc. It was good up until that point but it's completely lost its way. It's about to overtake SBR as the longest part but barely even holds a candle to it.

Araki used to be good at balancing bizarreness and plot progression, but he isn't in this part. The bizarreness here just feels like unnecessary padding. He's wasting chapters on le random bizarre funny bits about a car being stuck in a tree, or about wireless charging, instead of getting on with the story. At least previous parts had payoffs for these bits, like the Heavy Weather arc. There's none here.

Josuke is also completely uninteresting since we learn about who he truly is. You could argue that's because he is lost and doesn't know how to move forward, but that doesn't make for an interesting character - especially because he was like this before and wasn't so incredibly boring. His Plunder ability has also been completely forgotten. Araki has done a terrible job at handling his character.

It also has some of the worst stands in the series tbh. Such a huge step down from SBR. What happened?

7 >
>>>
4 > 6
>>>
2 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 8

Oct 13, 10:06 PM
You're all wrong, wrong I say! You're all fools! Jojolion is awesome and people are only rating it lowly because we haven't gotten to its big payoff. The pacing in the last bunch of chapters has been TIGHT and I'm convinced we're on the precipice of some patrician shit.

So here's the real ranking.
Steel Ball Run (Normie choice, I know, but come on)
Jojolion (Great characters, great fights, really interesting story)
Diamond Is Unbreakable (I love Kira too much)
Stone Ocean (Really fun part with some great characters, held back by rushed ending)
Vento Aureo (It's better part 3. You know it, I know it, we all know it)
Stardust Crusaders (Still good, but it's worse part 5)
Phantom Blood (Pretty boring part, but there are parts I like)
Battle Tendency (I really don't like this part. Sorry!)

So that's how it stacks up. It's better than everything other than Steel Ball Run.