Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 27, 2019 5:42 AM
Aug 2019
Who is your favourite character and Why?
Aug 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
Shinobu forever <3
Mastery through endless repetition.
Aug 27, 2019 5:12 PM
Sep 2018
Rengoku the best bro :))
Aug 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Jun 2016
Tanjirou Kamado because he is kind and caring personality clicks with me feels not force unlike all mainstream shounen characters like naruto and Edward elric. Plus his power are amazing. But his personality is main aspect why I like him so much. I feel sad when he is suffering.

Kokushibou

This two are equal not sure who I like more
PrideRoyalIvyAug 27, 2019 5:24 PM

Sep 14, 2019 12:25 AM

Jan 2010
Shinobu is queen! She is my only hook in this series.

Also Zenitsu and Inosuke.

Never been a fan of goody two shoes, so no Tanjiro for me.
Sep 14, 2019 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
At the current point in the anime (I haven't touched the manga), probably Muzan. He hasn't appeared much so far, but I really dig his Michael Jackson appearance and he has a nice badass villainous presence worthy of any decent main antagonist, so he's my pick at the moment.
Sep 14, 2019 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Giyu, read a little bit ahead and hes a great great character, also i really dig his voice actor skaurai takahiro san
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Sep 14, 2019 7:17 AM

Jul 2014
Im more of a fan of characters that are selfish, dicks, cocky etc like Onizuka, Yusuke, Goku etc, judging from that you'd guess my favorite in this series should be Inosuke, and I hate the goody 2 shoes mc like Deku and supposedly Tanjiro, but for some God damn reason I hate the everliving shit out of Deku but love the hell out of Tanjiro, there is just something in him that resonates with me on a personal level, cant pinpoint what it is but yeah‥. So with that being said, Tanjiro is my main reason to why I follow and love this series. Normally when I see goody 2 shoes chars do good stuffs it makes me puke, but Tanjiro is based af, sure he's good, kind, easy to forgive and easy to get along with, he doesnt really wanna grow strong so long as he can revert his sister back to human, unlike Deku who wants to be a hero to help people so at the end of the day for Deku, having strength and power is a necesarry, while Tanjiro wouldnt mind losing every breath forms or everything he learned if it means Nezuko reverts to being human again which is probably why I love his character, that being said tho if Deku is given the choice to either dave a life in exchange for the quirk given to him Im 100% sure he wouldnt hesitate to let go of his borrowed power, but the main difference is his goal and Tanjiro's goal, Deku wants to be a hero cause he looks up to them so its his dream to become one, while Tanjiro's goal isnt for himself but for Nezuko, he's the peak of unselfish shonen mc.
-StraySep 14, 2019 7:24 AM
Sep 14, 2019 7:44 AM

Jan 2010
-Stray said:
Im more of a fan of characters that are selfish, dicks, cocky etc like Onizuka, Yusuke, Goku etc, judging from that you'd guess my favorite in this series should be Inosuke, and I hate the goody 2 shoes mc like Deku and supposedly Tanjiro, but for some God damn reason I hate the everliving shit out of Deku but love the hell out of Tanjiro, there is just something in him that resonates with me on a personal level, cant pinpoint what it is but yeah‥. So with that being said, Tanjiro is my main reason to why I follow and love this series. Normally when I see goody 2 shoes chars do good stuffs it makes me puke, but Tanjiro is based af, sure he's good, kind, easy to forgive and easy to get along with, he doesnt really wanna grow strong so long as he can revert his sister back to human, unlike Deku who wants to be a hero to help people so at the end of the day for Deku, having strength and power is a necesarry, while Tanjiro wouldnt mind losing every breath forms or everything he learned if it means Nezuko reverts to being human again which is probably why I love his character, that being said tho if Deku is given the choice to either dave a life in exchange for the quirk given to him Im 100% sure he wouldnt hesitate to let go of his borrowed power, but the main difference is his goal and Tanjiro's goal, Deku wants to be a hero cause he looks up to them so its his dream to become one, while Tanjiro's goal isnt for himself but for Nezuko, he's the peak of unselfish shonen mc.

Interesting insight. Though, I believe Tanjiro and Deku is very similar. It's just the situation they were being thrown at that make it like they are differrent. IF, Deku has sister and his sister is turned into a demon, he'd make it his number one priority to save his sister too. We never know what Tanjiro's goal was prior to his family slaughtered. Probably something simple like living happily with his family and getting married and have his own family too one day. Pretty normal, pure hearted guy. What sets them apart imo is, Deku has an idol that he aspires to become. But from what we've seen so far, Tanjiro's life had been revolving around his family. He even lives in the mountain away from others. Tanjiro has no "hero" complex prior to his family getting slaughtered. In this way, Deku is more selfless because of this "hero" complex. Wanting to save everyone and all. While it was never the case for Tanjiro. He is content living with his family while other people getting eaten by demons somewhere else. But then again, it's due to the settings he is in. No TV no news. So it's not like Tanjiro actually really 100% believe demons are there. Iirc, he only "heard" things about demons that eat people. Until he saw them himself slaughtering his family. If he knows about this whole demon thing, knowing many ppl are being eaten everyday, would he sets his goal to be demon slayers and save ppl?

Anyway, I'm not a fan of both.
CrimsonMidnightSep 14, 2019 7:49 AM
Sep 14, 2019 8:36 AM
Aug 2017
@Shicchi

I don't see that much similarity between Deku and Tanjiro.
Deku doesn't really stand up for himself and let himself being bullied but Tanjiro won't let anyone insult him and his family even if they are the Pillars. I don't like Deku but I like Tanjiro because he knows when to stand up for himself. Deku is always depend on All Might or someone else to mentor him but Tanjiro is pretty much getting stronger by himself after he officially becomes a Demon Hunter. Deku has a lot of self-doubts but there is none in Tanjiro.
Tanjiro always prepares to fight other people and he is a lot more aggressive and violent than Deku. He broke Genya's arm to defend Oyakata's daughter, hit Inosuke to defend Zenitsu, headbutted Sanemi and later Rengoku's father. Even Tanjiro's siblings described him as someone really scary when he got angry for the sake of someone else. He even got angry at Zenitsu for being such a coward.
Normally, shounen MCs would want to get along and be friends with people on the same side with them but Tanjiro said frankly to Sanemi that he won't forgive him later in the training arc then proceed to fight him when the Sanemi mistreated Genya leading to Tanijro being banned from going near Sanemi.
Sep 14, 2019 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Rengoku is the best bro of this show you will see in second season

as for girls Shinobu is the best i like her cool/calm sadism lol
Sep 14, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
Shicchi said:
-Stray said:

Interesting insight. Though, I believe Tanjiro and Deku is very similar. It's just the situation they were being thrown at that make it like they are differrent. IF, Deku has sister and his sister is turned into a demon, he'd make it his number one priority to save his sister too. We never know what Tanjiro's goal was prior to his family slaughtered. Probably something simple like living happily with his family and getting married and have his own family too one day. Pretty normal, pure hearted guy. What sets them apart imo is, Deku has an idol that he aspires to become. But from what we've seen so far, Tanjiro's life had been revolving around his family. He even lives in the mountain away from others. Tanjiro has no "hero" complex prior to his family getting slaughtered. In this way, Deku is more selfless because of this "hero" complex. Wanting to save everyone and all. While it was never the case for Tanjiro. He is content living with his family while other people getting eaten by demons somewhere else. But then again, it's due to the settings he is in. No TV no news. So it's not like Tanjiro actually really 100% believe demons are there. Iirc, he only "heard" things about demons that eat people. Until he saw them himself slaughtering his family. If he knows about this whole demon thing, knowing many ppl are being eaten everyday, would he sets his goal to be demon slayers and save ppl?

Hmm.. this is mainly my opinion from what I've seen from Tanjiro but to answer some of the what-if questions.. if Tanjro was thrown into MHA and lives with only his sister and knows there are villains out there that might pose a threat to her then yes, he will train even without a quirk, train his body to its utmost limits, having a quirk or not wouldn't stop him from being his sister's hero, and along the way save some people but not like the hero Deku aspires to become. The point I'm making is that Tanjiro doesnt idolize anyone that pushed him into where he is now, he doesnt have anyone to look up to, Deku has all of that and then some. With the case of Deku on KnY world tho... I don't know. I'm not well-versed in MHA as I am not a fan of its MC hence I just watch it for the fights cause Bones does an amazing job on it, but to answer the question, yes he would strive to become a demon slayer as well, I mean come on, literally anyone would under those circumstances, no man would just sit quietly after that. My main point is their drive and goals which is different, the only thing both Deku and Tanjiro has in common is they're both utterly nice to a fault, just that to me Tanjiro is more compelling than Deku's.
At the end of the day tho.. they are MC's of two different stories, MHA is a story about a boy who aspires to become a hero like his idol, in japanese "Eiyuu no monogatari"= "Story of a hero" while KnY is a story about a boy who's purpose is to revert his sister back into being human, protect his only family and some people along the way, in japanese "Kazoku no monogatari" "Story of a family"
TL;DR
MHA= Hero story
KNY= Family story
I'm not really that updated or up to date with Deku's personality because I dont really pay that much attention to him nor do I even remember his scenes so I'm mostly lost on him.
-StraySep 14, 2019 10:48 AM
Sep 14, 2019 11:51 AM
Aug 2019
Tengen, he flamboyantly has 3 wives.
Rengoku, for being passionate.
Tanjirou, everything of his Attitude especially towards his Family.
Sep 14, 2019 12:34 PM

Mar 2018
Inosuke obviously, least amount of forced retarded dialogue and inner monologue. He's the funniest and hottest and has more room to grow than anyone else in the story, I hope his character gets put to use. The moment he showed up I fell in love.

Tanjiro is the worst shounen protagonist I've witnessed yet, he's a total Mary Sue and I don't understand why him being supposedly ''more kind'' than other shounen protagonists is a remarkable quality, actually I don't even subcribe to the idea he is. It's so forced, he just ''smells'' emotions when demons die because that's when they regain their memories of being human. But the thing is they are mass murderers and their time as a human is irrelevant, their moment of despair at their death serves just for cheap backstories and making Tanjiro capable of empathy in contrast to the rest of the demon slayers. It's no different from all the retarded moments in TWD where some characters give a shit about giving zombies a ''proper'' funeral, it's a shitty personal belief and I can't stand how much KnY wants to emphasize on this when it's done in such a cheap way. There's not even any interesting thought process or conversation coming from the rest of the characters, we just have to accept Tanjirou is the only one who understands. Yeah it sucks they were once human, we got that the first episode! Shift away from this BS already. Yes I fucking hate the MC

@-Stray I agree with @Shicchi that their goals and motivations aren't that different. Tanjirou has someone close to him to save, but still feels like it's his job to save everyone from demons. KnY is definitely a hero story, it's not really a family story if we only follow him slaying demons, the objective to collect blood and make an elixir is not just to save Nezuko but the whole world. I think the part about being Deku being more selfish also has more to do with the setting and not necessarily their characterization.
poop
Sep 14, 2019 12:42 PM

Dec 2010
Tanjiro is the most likable shounen protagonist I've seen in a while.
Sep 14, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
Esquirtit said:
Inosuke obviously, least amount of forced retarded dialogue and inner monologue. He's the funniest and hottest and has more room to grow than anyone else in the story, I hope his character gets put to use. The moment he showed up I fell in love.

Tanjiro is the worst shounen protagonist I've witnessed yet, he's a total Mary Sue and I don't understand why him being supposedly ''more kind'' than other shounen protagonists is a remarkable quality, actually I don't even subcribe to the idea he is. It's so forced, he just ''smells'' emotions when demons die because that's when they regain their memories of being human. But the thing is they are mass murderers and their time as a human is irrelevant, their moment of despair at their death serves just for cheap backstories and making Tanjiro capable of empathy in contrast to the rest of the demon slayers. It's no different from all the retarded moments in TWD where some characters give a shit about giving zombies a ''proper'' funeral, it's a shitty personal belief and I can't stand how much KnY wants to emphasize on this when it's done in such a cheap way. There's not even any interesting thought process or conversation coming from the rest of the characters, we just have to accept Tanjirou is the only one who understands. Yeah it sucks they were once human, we got that the first episode! Shift away from this BS already. Yes I fucking hate the MC

@-Stray I agree with @Shicchi that their goals and motivations aren't that different. Tanjirou has someone close to him to save, but still feels like it's his job to save everyone from demons. KnY is definitely a hero story, it's not really a family story if we only follow him slaying demons, the objective to collect blood and make an elixir is not just to save Nezuko but the whole world. I think the part about being Deku being more selfish also has more to do with the setting and not necessarily their characterization.

I don't think you know what the term "Mary Sue" means, but besides that no, KnY has never been about heroes, its about family, while sure they can be seen as heroes because of what they do, but its more about family than what MHA presents which is mainly being a "hero", in KnY them looking like a hero because they kill demons is just the low bar on what its actually about, loving and caring for your family. If you've read the manga you'd know that most of the stuffs that happens to them is because of their family or someone resembling "family" has went through shit. And the elixir isnt about saving the whole world when there's barely any known demons that even up to now the world doesnt know demons actually exists unlike MHA where villains are out in the open, Tanjiro is collecting the bloods for his sister, it just so happens that other humans that got turned into demons will be saved from that too.
Sep 14, 2019 1:00 PM

Mar 2015
Zenitsu #1 because I think he's adorable lol I wanna give him a hug

Kibutsuji is up there too, even though he's had like 0 screen time so far. He seems like the type of villain who's right up my alley.
Sep 14, 2019 1:07 PM

Mar 2018
@-Stray Yeah I didn't mean to deny that KnY is a story about family but I also believe it can be seen as a hero story. Cause another driving force for Tanjiro is that he doesn't want other people to go through what he did, he loves saving people and will risk his own life to do so.
poop
Sep 14, 2019 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
My MAN RENGOKU!
Next Season (praying we get one) will give him the screentime he deserves
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 14, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
@Esquirtit
Oh yeah, agree'd with that, they can be seen as heroes too, just that the story never really made them out to look like heroes let alone let us think that, if anything in the story of MHA the heroes are heroes for the people, in KnY the demon slayers are slaying demons because they hate demons for what they did to their families, so its more of a revenge story for me at least.
Sep 14, 2019 1:57 PM
Jun 2019
Inosuke cause he is adorable (;
Sep 14, 2019 2:20 PM

Mar 2018
-Stray said:
@Esquirtit
Oh yeah, agree'd with that, they can be seen as heroes too, just that the story never really made them out to look like heroes let alone let us think that, if anything in the story of MHA the heroes are heroes for the people, in KnY the demon slayers are slaying demons because they hate demons for what they did to their families, so its more of a revenge story for me at least.

Well they slay demons to protect humans as well. I think Tanjiro easily falls under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_journey . That term is pretty broad though, but just using it as support to show why Deku and Tanjiro are not that different when looking at it that way
poop
Sep 14, 2019 10:29 PM

Jan 2010
Himawari9 said:
@Shicchi

I don't see that much similarity between Deku and Tanjiro.
Deku doesn't really stand up for himself and let himself being bullied but Tanjiro won't let anyone insult him and his family even if they are the Pillars. I don't like Deku but I like Tanjiro because he knows when to stand up for himself. Deku is always depend on All Might or someone else to mentor him but Tanjiro is pretty much getting stronger by himself after he officially becomes a Demon Hunter. Deku has a lot of self-doubts but there is none in Tanjiro.
Tanjiro always prepares to fight other people and he is a lot more aggressive and violent than Deku. He broke Genya's arm to defend Oyakata's daughter, hit Inosuke to defend Zenitsu, headbutted Sanemi and later Rengoku's father. Even Tanjiro's siblings described him as someone really scary when he got angry for the sake of someone else. He even got angry at Zenitsu for being such a coward.
Normally, shounen MCs would want to get along and be friends with people on the same side with them but Tanjiro said frankly to Sanemi that he won't forgive him later in the training arc then proceed to fight him when the Sanemi mistreated Genya leading to Tanijro being banned from going near Sanemi.

Ok I don't remember half of what you said being in the anime (I'm still on ep 23).

Anyway, you seem to forgot that Deku is born with one of the greatest disadvantage of his world, which is being quirkless. Tanjiro was born as the eldest son, growing up in the mountain, having pshysical activity all his life to build confidence, sense of responsibility, physical strength, receiving family love to the fullest. He is a normal guy, even quite special maybe, judging from the fire thingy and all that's been passed down from his father.
Deku though, is the outcast, the useless, the quirkless of the society. Quirkless kids have been shown to be prone to bullying and the society labeled them as useless human being. The whole world labeled Deku as nothing, will never amount to nothing. All this rotten society, the place Deku grew up, the fact that he doesn't have a father, his surroundings, the world, the way he's born without quirk, had shaped his personality. So I think it's just fair that he is the way he is imo.

I still think deep down, they are almost the same. Only situation they were being thrown at that set them aparts which resulted in them having differrent personality and path. But the core is the same imo.

I'm not even a fan of Deku, but kinda feel a bit irked at how ppl seemed to not understand his situation.
Sep 14, 2019 10:33 PM
Jul 2009
Heroes: rengoku, giyu, himejima, kagaya
Villains: akaza, gyutarou/daki, kokushibou
Sep 15, 2019 4:39 AM

Jul 2017
Giyuu and Inosuke. I find both of the characters charming.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Sep 15, 2019 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
Shinobu is the kind I like to marry.

Sep 15, 2019 5:30 AM

Nov 2010
Shinobu <3333333
Sep 15, 2019 7:12 AM

Jan 2010
-Stray said:
Shicchi said:

Hmm.. this is mainly my opinion from what I've seen from Tanjiro but to answer some of the what-if questions.. if Tanjro was thrown into MHA and lives with only his sister and knows there are villains out there that might pose a threat to her then yes, he will train even without a quirk, train his body to its utmost limits, having a quirk or not wouldn't stop him from being his sister's hero, and along the way save some people but not like the hero Deku aspires to become. The point I'm making is that Tanjiro doesnt idolize anyone that pushed him into where he is now, he doesnt have anyone to look up to, Deku has all of that and then some. With the case of Deku on KnY world tho... I don't know. I'm not well-versed in MHA as I am not a fan of its MC hence I just watch it for the fights cause Bones does an amazing job on it, but to answer the question, yes he would strive to become a demon slayer as well, I mean come on, literally anyone would under those circumstances, no man would just sit quietly after that. My main point is their drive and goals which is different, the only thing both Deku and Tanjiro has in common is they're both utterly nice to a fault, just that to me Tanjiro is more compelling than Deku's.
At the end of the day tho.. they are MC's of two different stories, MHA is a story about a boy who aspires to become a hero like his idol, in japanese "Eiyuu no monogatari"= "Story of a hero" while KnY is a story about a boy who's purpose is to revert his sister back into being human, protect his only family and some people along the way, in japanese "Kazoku no monogatari" "Story of a family"
TL;DR
MHA= Hero story
KNY= Family story
I'm not really that updated or up to date with Deku's personality because I dont really pay that much attention to him nor do I even remember his scenes so I'm mostly lost on him.

You seem to forget that in MHA world, literally everyone worship the heroes, every kids want to be a hero, and if Tanjiro is born without a quirk, he won't be able to become a pro-hero and people will look down on him. But he can always be hero only to his sister. But in a world full of people with superpower, what physical training can do against real threat from the villains? Obviously, I can't say for sure what will Tanjiro do if he is in Deku's shoes, but I'm willing to bet it won't be too differrent.
One thing for sure imo, they both very reckless and tend to not think about themselves when there is someone in danger in front of them. I think their core is the same. It's just Tanjiro seems more mature and confidence due to him raised as the eldest son and received the utmost love from his family, meanwhile Deku is timid, crybaby, and unconfident due to him being an only child and raised by a single mother and being ridiculed all his life and born with no power in a world where everyone has.
Both is reckless, stubborn and selfless when it comes to saving people, even more so a family/loved ones.
Sep 15, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2019
Shinobu. Her design and character are great.
Sep 15, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Shicchi said:

You seem to forget that in MHA world, literally everyone worship the heroes, every kids want to be a hero, and if Tanjiro is born without a quirk, he won't be able to become a pro-hero and people will look down on him. But he can always be hero only to his sister. But in a world full of people with superpower, what physical training can do against real threat from the villains? Obviously, I can't say for sure what will Tanjiro do if he is in Deku's shoes, but I'm willing to bet it won't be too differrent.
One thing for sure imo, they both very reckless and tend to not think about themselves when there is someone in danger in front of them. I think their core is the same. It's just Tanjiro seems more mature and confidence due to him raised as the eldest son and received the utmost love from his family, meanwhile Deku is timid, crybaby, and unconfident due to him being an only child and raised by a single mother and being ridiculed all his life and born with no power in a world where everyone has.
Both is reckless, stubborn and selfless when it comes to saving people, even more so a family/loved ones.

I never implied that people dont worship heroes... but lets not get crazy, obviously not everyone as there are villains out there and people who dislikes them that are not villains like the kid who Deku saved and he only got a better view of heroes because of Deku, he was pretty bitter with heroes before that whatever the reason may be.

I never said Tanjiro would apply to the hero academy and strive to be a pro-hero, I said he'll be Nezuko's hero quirk or no quirk on his arsenal, not the tradition literal hero as while I do think Tanjiro helps people he obviously will only be pushed to train and be someone's hero if his family is on the line.
If Tanjiro is the MC in MHA and the author decides to not give him a quirk he'll be like a poor Batman, master all forms of martial arts etc and make weapons out of random shit or use his surroundings, and see thats the thing, villains/bad guys will look down on him if he's quirkless, they'll get cocky, he'll get an opening, while people have quirks in MHA they arent invincible, they are still humans, they hurt like humans and they think like humans. It all depends on how the story will progress. Also are you implying Deku hasn't received the utmost love from his mom? I mean the flashback of her playing with her son was quite the meme at the time it got out, people loved the shit out of that scene, pretty sure Deku received her utmost love as a parent even if its only 2 of them. If all it takes is being reckless and them going out of their way to save someone even if they get hurt in turn then thats pretty broad, most shounen MC's are like that, like Naruto, Ichigo and Luffy. Then again most shounen MC's are the same, which is why Im talking more about their goals and not their as you say "core" because even Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo, Goku, Yusuke, Gon and Mob are reckless and wouldnt mind them dying if in turn it saves someone else.
Big examples are Goku sacrificing himself multiple times, and even declined to get resurrected because he felt like he's a magnet for disasters, Yusuke literally sacrifices himself on the 1st ep for a random kid and the list goes on.

I don't really wanna get back and forth with you in regards to Deku and Tanjiro, if they're similar in your eyes then thats cool, thats just not the case with me, I don't see them as similar besides like I said, them being nice to a fault and thats about it.
-StraySep 15, 2019 10:42 AM
Sep 15, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2010
1. Giyuu & Tanjiro
2. Nezuko
3. Inosuke & Zenitsu
Sep 16, 2019 12:48 AM

Jan 2010
-Stray said:
Shicchi said:

I never implied that people dont worship heroes... but lets not get crazy, obviously not everyone as there are villains out there and people who dislikes them that are not villains like the kid who Deku saved and he only got a better view of heroes because of Deku, he was pretty bitter with heroes before that whatever the reason may be.

I never said Tanjiro would apply to the hero academy and strive to be a pro-hero, I said he'll be Nezuko's hero quirk or no quirk on his arsenal, not the tradition literal hero as while I do think Tanjiro helps people he obviously will only be pushed to train and be someone's hero if his family is on the line.
If Tanjiro is the MC in MHA and the author decides to not give him a quirk he'll be like a poor Batman, master all forms of martial arts etc and make weapons out of random shit or use his surroundings, and see thats the thing, villains/bad guys will look down on him if he's quirkless, they'll get cocky, he'll get an opening, while people have quirks in MHA they arent invincible, they are still humans, they hurt like humans and they think like humans. It all depends on how the story will progress. Also are you implying Deku hasn't received the utmost love from his mom? I mean the flashback of her playing with her son was quite the meme at the time it got out, people loved the shit out of that scene, pretty sure Deku received her utmost love as a parent even if its only 2 of them. If all it takes is being reckless and them going out of their way to save someone even if they get hurt in turn then thats pretty broad, most shounen MC's are like that, like Naruto, Ichigo and Luffy. Then again most shounen MC's are the same, which is why Im talking more about their goals and not their as you say "core" because even Naruto, Luffy, Ichigo, Goku, Yusuke, Gon and Mob are reckless and wouldnt mind them dying if in turn it saves someone else.
Big examples are Goku sacrificing himself multiple times, and even declined to get resurrected because he felt like he's a magnet for disasters, Yusuke literally sacrifices himself on the 1st ep for a random kid and the list goes on.

I don't really wanna get back and forth with you in regards to Deku and Tanjiro, if they're similar in your eyes then thats cool, thats just not the case with me, I don't see them as similar besides like I said, them being nice to a fault and thats about it.

Yeah not everyone. Some people hate heroes and the system.

Sorry, I mentioned pro-hero just to point out that you can't legally be hero and save people without license, not because you said he will become pro-hero because I'm aware you never even mentioned that word.
And I was also trying to prove that Tanjiro might actually strive to become a hero if he is more involved with the society/world so there is possibility that he will not only focused only on his family.
You kinda missed all my points.

Okay so you think Tanjiro might went vigilante Batman way. Interestingly, Deku's draft also vigilante hero lol. But the author scrapped that idea (or did it get published as a differrent one-shot manga prior to MHA? I forgot)

No, I didn't mean to imply that. The entire time I was trying to compare Deku and Tanjiro, and in that point, I was trying to say that in comparison to Tanjiro growing up in big complete family, Deku only have his Mom.

About the core thing, yeah, basically all shounen MC are like that I guess now that I think about it, and they are called goody two shoes and to me they are all the same lol. At least, I lumped them all in one and never been a fan of any of them and I haven't found any exception.

I guess what irked me about them is not the things that makes them differrent, but rather the core itself.
Sep 16, 2019 12:53 AM

May 2015
ubuyashiki is easily the best character of the series.
Sep 16, 2019 1:12 AM
Nov 2016
The females are the characters that are leaving me with the most impression for now. They seem to be cool and collected and best of all, they don't scream like a fucking retarded kid with down syndrome.

01 - Shinobu, Kanao and Nezuko (The comedy from these characters is far better than the fucking screaming IMHO)
02 - Tanjirou, Tomioka and Tamayo
03 - Makomo, Sabito, Urokodaki, Yushirou and the mansion Lesbians
04 - Inosuke, Pillar Boss and Michael Jackson (probably...)
05 - Meh, don't care. This anime haven't given me a good reason to care about any other characters except for Tanjirou's family.

And you guessed it, Zenitsu is the last one I give a rat-ass about. Characters that screams all the fucking time are the most annoying. I've never watched Black Clover before but I watched a compilation of Asta's screaming of the first episode and my fucking god, was he annoying, he's even more annoying than Zenitsu. How can people find this screaming shit acceptable?
xZabuzaxSep 16, 2019 2:08 AM
Sep 16, 2019 2:17 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
The females are the characters that are leaving me with the most impression for now. They seem to be cool and collected and best of all, they don't scream like a fucking retarded kid with down syndrome.

01 - Shinobu, Kanao and Nezuko (The comedy from these characters is far better than the fucking screaming IMHO)
05 - Meh, don't care. This anime haven't given me a good reason to care about any other characters except for Tanjirou's family.

And you guessed it, Zenitsu is the last one I give a rat-ass about. Characters that screams all the fucking time are the most annoying. I've never watched Black Clover before but I watched a compilation of Asta's screaming of the first episode and my fucking god, was he annoying, he's even more annoying than Zenitsu. How can people find this screaming shit acceptable?
because he's funny,i laughed all the first half of the latest episode.
Sep 16, 2019 3:00 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:

What about Asta from Black Clover, do you find his screaming funny as well?
Sep 16, 2019 3:28 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:

What about Asta from Black Clover, do you find his screaming funny as well?
nope,his screaming is bad,and he doesn't say funny things,the voice actor is bad too.
Sep 16, 2019 3:34 AM
Nov 2016
nanashi796 said:
nope,his screaming is bad,and he doesn't say funny things,the voice actor is bad too.

Well I find Zenitsu the same, his screaming is bad and he doesn't say funny things either, I find him almost as annoying as Asta but the latter one sure takes the cake, goddamn.
Sep 16, 2019 3:40 AM

May 2015
xZabuzax said:
nanashi796 said:

Well I find Zenitsu the same, his screaming is bad and he doesn't say funny things either, I find him almost as annoying as Asta but the latter one sure takes the cake, goddamn.
i like zenitsu personality and i like the voice actor shimono hiro.
Sep 16, 2019 4:52 AM
Jul 2009
nanashi796 said:
xZabuzax said:

i like zenitsu personality and i like the voice actor shimono hiro.

Indeed i like both too. Cant wait for his most badass moment in the infinity fortress arc get animated
Sep 16, 2019 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Shicchi said:

And I was also trying to prove that Tanjiro might actually strive to become a hero if he is more involved with the society/world so there is possibility that he will not only focused only on his family.

You mean this?
"And I was also trying to prove that Tanjiro might actually strive to become a hero if he is more involved with the society/world so there is possibility that he will not only focused only on his family."
I answered it, its just that my answer didn't really fit what you were trying to say because you're trying to change Tanjiro's character while I'm sticking with his character while throwing him in the MHA verse. Tanjiro isnt the kind to take interest in society, it'll surprise him sure, but get invested in it? doubt it. He'll focus more on making a living for his family, thats just the kind of guy he is, changing that would mean the character you're trying to put in a what if scenario would not be Tanjiro anymore. Tanjiro's character from his top personality to its utmost core is his love for his family, putting him in a similar situation with Deku would bring different results.

Okay so you think Tanjiro might went vigilante Batman way. Interestingly, Deku's draft also vigilante hero lol. But the author scrapped that idea (or did it get published as a differrent one-shot manga prior to MHA? I forgot)

Yeap, I hear there's a vigilante manga of MHA but iirc they have powers? I don't really follow the series to heart so I forget some stuffs. If I had to pick a character that I actually kinda like there.. guess it'd be Todoroki.

With that being said.. I do agree that seeing them goody 2 shoes characters irks me to no end as well, which is why I prefer the more dickish,arrogant selfish MC's in the shonen leagues, but lately I've been liking them ex. Tanjiro and Mob, and also.. I'm kinda tired of thinking about these "what-if" scenario's lol.
Sep 16, 2019 2:13 PM

Sep 2017
I've finished to catch up with the manga, and honestly I couldn't tell

The main quatuor (Tanjiro-Nezuko-Zenitsu-Inosuke) is obviously interesting, but a lot of pillars are also really great characters, other demon slayers too

But Rengoku and Shinobu might be my favourite
Sep 16, 2019 4:16 PM

Nov 2013
As a manga reader, mine are Shinobu and Rengoku from the positive characters.
As for the villains, my favorites are Daki and Akaza.
Sep 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Feb 2010
if i didn't say nezuko i would be a lier.

also Tanjiro is a cinnamon roll
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 16, 2019 11:10 PM

Jan 2010
-Stray said:
Shicchi said:

You mean this?
"And I was also trying to prove that Tanjiro might actually strive to become a hero if he is more involved with the society/world so there is possibility that he will not only focused only on his family."
I answered it, its just that my answer didn't really fit what you were trying to say because you're trying to change Tanjiro's character while I'm sticking with his character while throwing him in the MHA verse. Tanjiro isnt the kind to take interest in society, it'll surprise him sure, but get invested in it? doubt it. He'll focus more on making a living for his family, thats just the kind of guy he is, changing that would mean the character you're trying to put in a what if scenario would not be Tanjiro anymore. Tanjiro's character from his top personality to its utmost core is his love for his family, putting him in a similar situation with Deku would bring different results.

Yeap, I hear there's a vigilante manga of MHA but iirc they have powers? I don't really follow the series to heart so I forget some stuffs. If I had to pick a character that I actually kinda like there.. guess it'd be Todoroki.

With that being said.. I do agree that seeing them goody 2 shoes characters irks me to no end as well, which is why I prefer the more dickish,arrogant selfish MC's in the shonen leagues, but lately I've been liking them ex. Tanjiro and Mob, and also.. I'm kinda tired of thinking about these "what-if" scenario's lol.

Nah, it's okay to have differrent interpretation of characters. None of our answers or opinion is right or wrong :D
I was just thinking Tanjiro and Deku's personality is shaped by their surroundings, thus resulting them behaving differrently if their surroundings is changed. Only the core will probably stay the same. Pure, kind and selfless.

My best boys from MHA is Bakugou and Todoroki, lol.
In almost everything I watch (which is mostly just action shounen and superheroes), I always like the rival or villain or anti-hero more lol.

Good for you that you like Tanjiro! It's always a boost to the enjoyment when you like the main protagonist. Idk when was the last time a main protagonist become my favorite. probably Eren because he is such an angry boi

Good day :D
Sep 16, 2019 11:18 PM

Jun 2016
xZabuzax said:

I so agree with you on Zenitsu case

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

318 by ArreolaAn9el »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

227 by Atavistic »»
Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

313 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

233 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2019

238 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 1:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.