Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 19, 2019 4:03 PM
May 2012
(Possible Spoilers In Comments.)

Now I understand that the anime isn’t really much to go off of compared to having read all the manga, but can anyone just tell me? Is It worth reading through all of it? I only want Rui to win. If I read it all will I like what the Mangaka does with her. Is she likely to be the “chosen one” so to speak when the manga closes out?

Yes I am asking you to spoil it for me. I’m not going to invest all the time it will take to read this through and through if the girl I like isn’t going to win in the end.
blazkiller123Jun 19, 2019 10:03 PM
Jun 19, 2019 4:22 PM
Jul 2013
blazkiller123 said:
Now I understand that the anime isn’t really much to go off of compared to having read all the manga, but can anyone just tell me? Is It worth reading through all of it? I only want Rui to win. If I read it all will I like what the Mangaka does with her. Is she likely to be the “chosen one” so to speak when the manga closes out?

Yes I am asking you to spoil it for me. I’m not going to invest all the time it will take to read this through and through if the girl I like isn’t going to win in the end.

No, do not read it. It's a dumpster fire. The manga was half decent until where episode 12 of the show left off. It goes down hill fast once he gets with Rui. And I'm saying that as someone who thinks Rui is the best character. well, she was until the author forgot how to write her.
Jun 19, 2019 4:30 PM

Mar 2019
Well after 200+ chapters there's still no "winner" if that helps. I don't consider it a "dumpster fire" though, unless you really are obsessed with Rui then you might be crying over it.
Jun 19, 2019 4:51 PM

Jul 2017
To sum up:

So I'd like to say Rui is in the goal, but currently it seems either Hina pt.2 or that actress with the lesbian friend could have a shot. I'm hoping though Rui realizes her true feelings again and they rekindle

in case you're wondering about some of the other characters,

Overall though I would say chekc out the manga it's actually pretty decent. Don't like Hina though she pretty much directly/indirectly ruins everything
Short_CircutJun 19, 2019 5:06 PM
Jun 19, 2019 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
This is several level worse than those b-grade monday night afterhours TV drama made for unintelligent people. You are better off not knowing the rest. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 19, 2019 10:02 PM
May 2012
My god I could’ve never imagined that Rui would’ve been deteriorated out of the story like that. Thanks you guys you definitely saved me the time of having to read through all of that to only end up pissed off and sour that the author cucked the best girl. I’ll just have to imagine the ending myself.... What a waste, she was such a perfect character...
Jun 19, 2019 10:10 PM
May 2012
redaxe13 said:
blazkiller123 said:

No, do not read it. It's a dumpster fire. The manga was half decent until where episode 12 of the show left off. It goes down hill fast once he gets with Rui. And I'm saying that as someone who thinks Rui is the best character. well, she was until the author forgot how to write her.

I pretty much figured it would be something like that even though I hoped not. That’s sad, she had a ton of potential and I loved the character in the anime. That’s rough, I guess it’s another ending I have to imagine...Thanks :/
Jun 26, 2019 10:58 PM

Oct 2013
Truth to be told I enjoyed it until now (Chapter 235). Sure there's some turn down events, but really it's not really that bad! if you have spare time I really recommend to keep reading it
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Jun 27, 2019 4:45 AM
Jun 2019
I started off by watching the anime and also as a Rui fan. Don't stop at the anime, there is still more content for the Rui fan. It should be pretty obvious to you when the manga goes downhill,you can stop reading from there.
Jun 28, 2019 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
blazkiller123 said:
(Possible Spoilers In Comments.)

stay far away from this trash, it has one of the worst main girls in a romance manga ever -rui- makes everything unenjoyable garbage
Jun 28, 2019 5:11 PM

May 2015
blazkiller123 said:
My god I could’ve never imagined that Rui would’ve been deteriorated out of the story like that. Thanks you guys you definitely saved me the time of having to read through all of that to only end up pissed off and sour that the author cucked the best girl. I’ll just have to imagine the ending myself.... What a waste, she was such a perfect character...

In my opinion, it's worth it. We don't know who's going to win, so Rui still has a chance, and if you really want to see them together, there's like 100 chapters of that. I think people in this thread are overracting and you shouldn't really listen to them. Some of them either dropped the series early on, or never read it to begin with.

Jun 28, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
blazkiller123 said:

In my opinion, it's worth it. We don't know who's going to win, so Rui still has a chance, and if you really want to see them together, there's like 100 chapters of that. I think people in this thread are overracting and you shouldn't really listen to them. Some of them either dropped the series early on, or never read it to begin with.

yea idk why OP commented like Rui is completely gone, she still has a chance even if not certain

Plus there's a lot of dope Rui chapters, and honestly, their relationship was much better done in the manga than with Hina
Jun 28, 2019 11:12 PM

May 2015
Short_Circut said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

yea idk why OP commented like Rui is completely gone, she still has a chance even if not certain

Plus there's a lot of dope Rui chapters, and honestly, their relationship was much better done in the manga than with Hina

Yeah, if you're a fan of Rui, then skipping the manga entirely makes no sense to me. I can understand being upset if she doesn't win in the very end, but there's so many chapters of them as a couple that you'd just be missing out on what you wanted to see in the first place.

Jul 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Feb 2019
If you haven't started the manga by this point, you would be better off waiting until the series is finished and reading it all at once. The worst part of this for me is the extremely slow pace. It seems to take forever to get anywhere. Every once in a while there will be some fast paced stuff happening (usually life and death situations), but mostly this story is about Natsuo making up his mind about everything in his life really slowly...
Jul 8, 2019 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
hugedata said:
If you haven't started the manga by this point, you would be better off waiting until the series is finished and reading it all at once. The worst part of this for me is the extremely slow pace. It seems to take forever to get anywhere. Every once in a while there will be some fast paced stuff happening (usually life and death situations), but mostly this story is about Natsuo making up his mind about everything in his life really slowly...

Yeah. The waiting is quite painful. But it goes better than just wait for the chapter "I Shaved". They only come out once a month...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 187 Discussion

Shikkakku - Jan 3, 2020

4 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.