Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 3, 2019 2:21 PM
May 2013
I wanna see more holesome "Childhood best friends turn into lovers" anime like Lovely Complex, S.A: Special A, Ao Haru Ride (though they didn't carry it through the anime), or Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku <3 <3 <3 I just love the butterfly feelings I get when I watch these kinds of anime.
Jun 3, 2019 2:29 PM

Jun 2016
i just want dorohedoro and vinland saga tv adaptation to be released .
Jun 3, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
kawaiiiiiiiii said:
I like to see more space operas, pirate animes

Ah, I too would like more Space Pirate Sara...
Jun 3, 2019 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
Nice thread topic idea.

I want more..

* action-oriented episodic shows that almost every episodes are standalone.

* two or three shows every year which off old school anime feels story/character and artstyle wise (one ex: Megalo Box from last year)

* 2-cour sports shows.

* 60/70/80s manga adaptations that can be done with 1-cour AND are fast paced (like DC).

* 24/26 episode original shows that takes 2+ years of planning.

* comedy show with good direction and very unique setting/characters like Sunred, Sakigake, Tonegawa etc.

* serious mature manga adaptations
Jun 3, 2019 3:23 PM
Oct 2018
more seinen/mature/gore related animes like Hellsing, Phantom in the Requiem, AoT, etc,etc
Jun 3, 2019 5:17 PM

Jan 2019
Psychological animes which don't overpower the MC with a plot armor will be a feast for me.
Jun 3, 2019 6:29 PM

Aug 2015
Just straight up Horror anime. Would be great.

Jun 3, 2019 6:38 PM

Jun 2017
More iyashikei shows.

More 3-gatsu and Monogatari and every other shaft show

More KyoAni moe shows

More complete adaptations also

And definitely more Kaguya-sama
Jun 3, 2019 6:46 PM

Jun 2019
Horror genre with cute anime faces is excellent combination. There're only a few right now.
Jun 3, 2019 8:08 PM
Apr 2019
I've got a few:
-Re: Zero
Nothing like a smol cinnamon roll suffering with cute girls along the way.
-Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Super entertaining
-Death Parade
This show deserved more attention
-No Game No Life
I don't even have to explain myself for this one
Jun 3, 2019 8:38 PM
Jul 2015
AllMightest said:
Horror genre with cute anime faces is excellent combination. There're only a few right now.

What kind of shit...more than enough of those exist. what we need is pure horror like Perfect blue and Higurashi (tho ig it does have some moe). There's plenty of horror manga to adapt too
Nothing to see here
Jun 3, 2019 8:53 PM

Jun 2019
AnimeMangaLord said:
AllMightest said:

What kind of shit...more than enough of those exist. what we need is pure horror like Perfect blue and Higurashi (tho ig it does have some moe). There's plenty of horror manga to adapt too
My kind of shit isn't the kind of shit you were thinking. I was talking about baby face kind of shit like neverland. They kinda redefine the horror genre. Besides, there aren't much horror anime compared to other genre.
Jun 3, 2019 10:40 PM

Jan 2018
I want more shows that take huge risks. I'll use Gurren Lagann as an example here. If you haven't seen the show, do not click the spoiler below.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jun 3, 2019 11:13 PM

Dec 2016
More shounen anime that follows the FMA formula:

- Long enough (at least 50 episodes) to allow deep investment in the characters, story and world and create a sense of scale.

- Large, likable and 3D cast, where the supporting characters also get a fair share of attention.

- With an interesting, intriguing premise and a clear objective to allow an equally conclusive, well-rounded ending.

- Epic scope.

- Good blend of action, drama and comedy.

- And an awesome, memorable OST.

But one can only dream, of course.
Jun 4, 2019 12:02 AM

Jun 2019
Bruh, more anime like mirai nikki. Can't get enough of that sweet, sweet yandere.
Jun 4, 2019 1:06 AM

Nov 2018
More anime that has a lot of stakes keeping you at the edge of your seat.
Jun 4, 2019 7:13 AM
Dec 2013
Sci-Fi/Space... like Cowboy Bebop
Jun 4, 2019 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
Isekais Moar Isekais. Any kind of Isekai like Re: Zero, Overlord and Tate no Yuusha. I'm at that stage in life where I need isekais.

Preferably less moe, more seinen with a great story.
Jun 4, 2019 3:55 PM

Mar 2008
The only correct answer: anime with good directing, writing, art, animation, music, voice acting and an engaging plot with no filler..
Jun 4, 2019 7:36 PM

May 2013
Arkab said:

- Long enough (at least 50 episodes) to allow deep investment in the characters, story and world and create a sense of scale.

- Large, likable and 3D cast, where the supporting characters also get a fair share of attention.

- With an interesting, intriguing premise and a clear objective to allow an equally conclusive, well-rounded ending.

- Epic scope.

Plenty of shows that I can list off the back of my head
HxH
Gintama
BnHA
JoJo

What we really need is something beyond this formulae, like Gurren Lagaan for Shounen and Clannad AS for Drama/SOL

Jun 5, 2019 5:40 PM

Dec 2016
Lincompoop said:
Arkab said:

- Epic scope.

Plenty of shows that I can list off the back of my head
HxH
Gintama
BnHA
JoJo

What we really need is something beyond this formulae, like Gurren Lagaan for Shounen and Clannad AS for Drama/SOL

Do they meet the single, well-rounded and conclusive ending where there's really "no need for more"?

Don't know about HxH since manga is still ongoing. BnHA... sort of, supposedly when Deku becomes the #1 hero in the world. Don't know about Gintama and JoJo, never seen them, are they headed towards that type of non-milkable ending?
Jun 7, 2019 7:53 AM

Apr 2019
More crime-action animes like Banana Fish, more psychological, police animes like Psycho-Pass and more well-written shounen that does not need a lot of long arcs to uncover mysteries or whatever to complete the story like FMA.
Jun 7, 2019 10:06 AM

Jun 2019
More extremely detailed sci-if anime that interweave with philosophy and rather than using sci-fi tropes for just mindless action scenes and visual fun, actually touch on core concepts of sci-fi in a way that explores their implications for humanity. Including but not limited to deep space exploration, advanced robotics and the nature of what separates artificial consciousness from organic/biological consciousness and examines consciousness itself, human use of technology and advanced cybernetics, transhumanism, and time travel and parallel universes.

Great examples would be shows like Kaiba and Lain. We need more of these.

Also, thriller anime of the type like the second season of Higurashi.
WatchTillTandavaJun 7, 2019 10:12 AM
Jun 7, 2019 10:30 AM

Apr 2019
- More adaptations of Urushibara, Yuki´s work.
- More adaptations of Urasawa, Naoki´s work.
- Less moe, less adventure/sport/action shonens, less school romantic comedy, less free gore
- We need Watanabe to become creative again.
- Maybe more good sci-fi
Jun 7, 2019 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
We need more movies directed and/or created by Hosoda Mamoru (creator of Bakemono no Ko, Summer Wars, etc.).

dragons and legends.
it would have been difficult for
any man not to want to fight
beside a dragon.
Jun 7, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
More long, adventure and plot focussed battle shounen with grand and detailed world building, a huge cast, many different fractions, politics involved.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2019 11:25 AM
Feb 2019
foxsuprise said:
Lincompoop said:

Clannad After Story is my personal favourite anime of all time.

Another one of my fav is Wolf Children.

But yeah, good family SOL are few and almost non-existent.

You're right, but I meant shenanigans in the sense of lightheartedness, apologies for the misunderstanding! But in general raising a family, drama-fueled or not, is very rare in anime.

Well, Kobayashi Chi no Dragon Maiden incorporates family sheningans pretty well too and that's a current anime.
Jun 7, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2010
More Space Opera like Galactic Heroes
More political anime
More world building Isekai
More real romances not the stupid harem stuff
More mysteries
More Sports
More Mecha like Gundam
More originals
More long running shows when I started watching anime 25-26 episodes was the norm not this 13 episodes thing that seems to be dominating now it makes anime feel like cheap fast food and not fine dining.

Tone down
the lolis,CGDCT and Harem /Otacku factors some times its just too much
hack5Jun 2, 2020 9:07 PM
Jun 7, 2019 1:05 PM

Sep 2018
- More "mature" shows, not the generic Isekai,Shounen, Shoujo, Harem shit we get every Season
- More original storys and anime adaptation of source material that already finished
- More shows that dont treat the viewer like a complete idiot.
- More shows that took its time to make, not just spam a show every Season to make a shit load of money

Thats the reason why i am getting more and more into manga, light novels etc. lately i mean, manga can push the boundaries way more then anime can (it airs on tv and shit) and the story continues on a regular basis, or at least for the most part *cough* Berserk *cough*.
-Mullerio-Jun 7, 2019 1:11 PM
Jun 7, 2019 1:46 PM

Feb 2017
For me, the best tear-jerker i ever watch is Maquia.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

37 by Hikinekomori »»
2 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

103 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime tend to get grouped together despite being at least somewhat different from each other, in your opinion? (Think Barbie and Oppenheimer)

arinthach - Apr 11

22 by AverageRiceFan »»
6 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

18 by AverageRiceFan »»
11 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

129 by FFandMMfan »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.