Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Fanfictions. Love them? Hate them? Write them?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2019 1:50 PM

Sep 2015
Greyleaf said:
TigersAndDragons said:

Yes, and all I got was a damn headbutt. I need MORE TAIGA X RYUUJI.

True true, we can never have enough of best girl. Maybe I'll look into some fanfics myself. Have you come across any good ones?

None that match my standards. None of them can really capture the characters very well but I can't imagine I could do that very well either. They usually start off okay then like 3 paragraphs in Taiga and Ryuuji end up unrecognisable. Either that or they introduce the most cringy fan characters you can imagine that add nothing to the plot.
Feb 18, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2018
TigersAndDragons said:
Greyleaf said:

True true, we can never have enough of best girl. Maybe I'll look into some fanfics myself. Have you come across any good ones?

None that match my standards. None of them can really capture the characters very well but I can't imagine I could do that very well either. They usually start off okay then like 3 paragraphs in Taiga and Ryuuji end up unrecognisable. Either that or they introduce the most cringy fan characters you can imagine that add nothing to the plot.

Damn, well that's unfortunate. We need a Toradora: After Story, lmao

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 18, 2019 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
Dave_Adrian said:
kingdommoutenfan said:

I sent a big search list to you just copy the link and it should go to the webpage

Welpp.... thanks for the link you gave me bruv!!

You are very welcome hope you find something you like.
Feb 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2018
DarkestDreaming said:
The fanfictions that I enjoy relating to Anime/Manga are romance ones, involving two characters who I desire to see happy together happen. Other Anime fanficitions can be a mixed bag for me, most of them have been not a good read in my case.

Yeaa... I feel you. Fanfics can be great wish-fulfillments..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 18, 2019 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
I find fanfiction pretty amazing. I find it hard to imagine how much of a delusional state you need to be in to put so much effort in changing another person's story and making things up just to make yourself feel good.
FlamingMangosFeb 18, 2019 10:56 PM
Feb 18, 2019 4:26 PM

Jun 2015
I dont actually write them down anymore, but I did once, posted them here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1547167/ROMVLVS

Had to unearth it cz havent been there in a while.

dont read cz most of it isnt any good.

but then again, I dont read anymore...... if its any good, eventually they'll make a movie out of it
Feb 18, 2019 4:28 PM

Dec 2018
@Greyleaf @TigersAndDragons

A couple days ago I saw a fan made alt ending to Toradora on reddit. Should be on the Toradora subreddit. It’s essentially just the after credit scene with a little bit extra. Pretty well animated for some random dudes solo effort, i highly reccomend checking it out.

I was totally okay with the end tho, just the fact that she came back was the closure I needed. I also like the fact she left to mature/get her life together in the first place, was a great writing choice imo.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 18, 2019 4:48 PM

Jan 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
@Greyleaf @TigersAndDragons

A couple days ago I saw a fan made alt ending to Toradora on reddit. Should be on the Toradora subreddit. It’s essentially just the after credit scene with a little bit extra. Pretty well animated for some random dudes solo effort, i highly reccomend checking it out.

I was totally okay with the end tho, just the fact that she came back was the closure I needed. I also like the fact she left to mature/get her life together in the first place, was a great writing choice imo.

This is exactly one of the things I loved most about Toradora. I like to call it the "romcom in disguise", as its real motive was to show the audience how the casts' interactions and influence on one other ultimately made them better people. I have more personal, biased reasons for liking the show, too, but that's a whole different story :P

Anyway, I'm gonna go check that alt ending out lol

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 18, 2019 9:11 PM

Jan 2018
FlamingMangos said:
I find fanfiction pretty amazing. I find it hard to imagine how much of a delusion state you need to be to put so much effort in something that you make up just so you feel good about yourself. That's what I find amazing.

I think you just mocked not only fanfic writers, but also any kind of creators as a whole....

Feb 18, 2019 10:24 PM

Feb 2019
All the fanfictions I have read were incomprehensible garbage, but most narratives today aren't much better. I am convinced that most fanfiction writers have an unhealthy obsession with make-believe worlds.

FlamingMangos said:
I find fanfiction pretty amazing. I find it hard to imagine how much of a delusion state you need to be to put so much effort in something that you make up just so you feel good about yourself. That's what I find amazing.

Superb quote. I tip my hat to you.
Feb 18, 2019 10:51 PM

Sep 2012
Dave_Adrian said:
FlamingMangos said:

I think you just mocked not only fanfic writers, but also any kind of creators as a whole....

I'm specially talking about fanfic writers who change another writer's story for their own satisfaction. To try to make their own head canon a reality with their writing.
Feb 19, 2019 12:55 AM

Jan 2018
FlamingMangos said:
Dave_Adrian said:

I'm specially talking about fanfic writers who change another writer's story for their own satisfaction. To try to make their own head canon a reality with their writing.

Yeaa I got your point.. fanfics are used to relieve or wish-fulfillments...

But hey, I cant say some of them aren't enjoyable

Feb 20, 2019 1:08 PM

Jul 2017
i think it depends on the genre
for shounen fanfic i gravitate toward them because they fulfill my fantasies of otherly storylines and new abilities/possible encounters among different characters
Feb 20, 2019 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
There are many trashy things (although I feel bad to call things others put work into trash, but... oh boi). I still love them and came across fanfictions that could compete against many published novels everyday.

Either the epic ones with little to not the main focus on pairings yet an actual big plot, or the ones about pairings, which are honestly my main read. Both with a great story and style is gold.
But ooc is cringe^10 and please stay away with weird AUs. Not my world.
I actually really like these "world fics" too, the bunch of own characters from the author in a setting I know.

Not anime tho, but for something similar to a creative secret santa, I got two short stories about Snape x Lily and Gale x Katniss and they were really good and well-written.
Last time I got FMA and Noragami, with Roy x Riza and Yato x Hiyori and it also had this character focus and introspection I absolutely love, and they had a great style.
Two or three years ago I also got a Korra x Asami fanfiction for birthday. ❤ SO good and extra plus points for not bashing Mako like some liked to do.
And also one for Homura x Madoka, but with older ones ofc. Eh, no pedo vibes please lol.

And no, none of those were lewd, but I also read and write / wrote lewd ones, fanfiction from couples I really like, and original. Seriously erotic can be very, very beautiful and great in general, IF you get it right.
But many don't get it right and I really cringed, when I found my own lewd fics from the 14, 15 yo me. NO. They went in the trashcan lol. I wished time travels would be a thing, so I could slap my dumb virgin-minded teenage self, srsly.

Anyway, I also give for these events fanfiction, but also original, shorts.
Personally, for myself, I haven't written them for a long time and so I decided write something original, just because I want to, don't want to publish that, and I have never written stories in another language than my own mother tongue. In comparison to that I read most of them in English and the style differences between German and English are something you must get used to. I'm still not used to read in French and I'm far from reading it fluently, but I picked up a few, because I was interested in them.

Sly_Helador said:
I read and write fanfiction. The best site is Ao3 by far. There tends to be a lot of m/m fics as the most popular, but there is ways to filter that out if you don't like it. If you go to 'Categories' under the exclude side, you can exclude m/m all together. Also, a way to get fics that are mostly without romance all together is to mark 'Gen' in 'Categories' on the include part. There are also a bunch of tags that people use for types of fics, but it takes some learning to know all of them and exactly what they mean. The list is extensive. Ao3 has a learning curve, but because of the tag system, it is the best site to find the kind of fics that you are looking for the fastest, and will get you the best written ones.

Overall AO3 also seems to be a site for a different kind of people and older people in general, than on Wattpad and co.
That's more a place for the 13-15 yo old girls to publish very generic romances and you quickly get that they don't have so much experience with writing and understanding for other people.
That and their self inserts or very ooc canon characters are not the main problem tho. The problem is that these kids can't write simple words without grave spelling mistakes, don't get daily grammar and punctuation and also the usage of (in)direct speech right and they have very limited vocabulary from kids much younger than them (or you would imagine that).
I question the whole educational system after reading the first paragraph of these stories.
removed-userFeb 20, 2019 3:04 PM
Feb 20, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2018
Don't hate or love them. i don't read em
Feb 20, 2019 8:50 PM

Jan 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
There are many trashy things (although I feel bad to call things others put work into trash, but... oh boi). I still love them and came across fanfictions that could compete against many published novels everyday.

Either the epic ones with little to not the main focus on pairings yet an actual big plot, or the ones about pairings, which are honestly my main read. Both with a great story and style is gold.
I actually really like these "world fics" too, the bunch of own characters from the author in a setting I know.

Not anime tho, but for something similar to a creative secret santa, I got two short stories about Snape x Lily and Gale x Katniss and they were really good and well-written.
Last time I got FMA and Noragami, with Roy x Riza and Yato x Hiyori and it also had this character focus and introspection I absolutely love, and they had a great style.
Two or three years ago I also got a Korra x Asami fanfiction for birthday. ❤ SO good and extra plus points for not bashing Mako like some liked to do.
And also one for Homura x Madoka, but with older ones ofc. Eh, no pedo vibes please lol.

And no, none of those were lewd, but I also read and write / wrote lewd ones, fanfiction from couples I really like, and original. Seriously erotic can be very, very beautiful and great in general, IF you get it right.
But many don't get it right and I really cringed, when I found my own lewd fics from the 14, 15 yo me. NO. They went in the trashcan lol. I wished time travels would be a thing, so I could slap my dumb virgin-minded teenage self, srsly.

Personally, for myself, I haven't written them for a long time and so I decided write something original, just because I want to, don't want to publish that, and I have never written stories in another language than my own mother tongue. In comparison to that I read most of them in English and the style differences between German and English are something you must get used to. I'm still not used to read in French and I'm far from reading it fluently, but I picked up a few, because I was interested in them.

Sly_Helador said:
I read and write fanfiction. The best site is Ao3 by far. There tends to be a lot of m/m fics as the most popular, but there is ways to filter that out if you don't like it. If you go to 'Categories' under the exclude side, you can exclude m/m all together. Also, a way to get fics that are mostly without romance all together is to mark 'Gen' in 'Categories' on the include part. There are also a bunch of tags that people use for types of fics, but it takes some learning to know all of them and exactly what they mean. The list is extensive. Ao3 has a learning curve, but because of the tag system, it is the best site to find the kind of fics that you are looking for the fastest, and will get you the best written ones.

Overall AO3 also seems to be a site for a different kind of people and older people in general, than on Wattpad and co.
That's more a place for the 13-15 yo old girls to publish very generic romances and you quickly get that they don't have so much experience with writing and understanding for other people.
That and their self inserts or very ooc canon characters are not the main problem tho. The problem is that these kids can't write simple words without grave spelling mistakes, don't get daily grammar and punctuation and also the usage of (in)direct speech right and they have very limited vocabulary from kids much younger than them (or you would imagine that).
I question the whole educational system after reading the first paragraph of these stories.

A lot of people really enjoy AO3 huh... I just read an MHA fanfic there, and damn that was good. But about AO3... I think fanfiction.net has a slightly better library and the tags in AO3 are just confusing. Also, whats with all the m/m in ao3? I mean, I aint homophobic, but damn thats a lot of yaoi..

Feb 20, 2019 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
If I had to choose between love or hate, I'll most probably go with hate but honestly, I'm indifferent to them. I had tried a few fanfics when I was new to the anime community but they just didn't agree with me, the characters don't seem to be like themselves and it's mostly about what the writer wants/fangirls/fanboys over. It doesn't affect the story or characters in the original series so it doesn't bother me but I definitely don't want to read them.
Feb 20, 2019 9:52 PM

Jul 2017
I don't read them, the characters being so out of character isn't my cup of tea.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Feb 20, 2019 11:35 PM

Jan 2018
Would rather tear my own eyes out, cut out my tongue, and swear off Japanese media for life than read a fanfic.
Feb 21, 2019 12:19 AM

Jan 2018
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Would rather tear my own eyes out, cut out my tongue, and swear off Japanese media for life than read a fanfic.

You've been watching too many SAW movies m8...

Feb 21, 2019 12:34 AM
May 2016
it's never interested me so i've never really read any. if someone likes them i'm fine with that, and i think it's nice that people are passionate about it
Feb 21, 2019 12:45 AM

Feb 2017
I didn't read many, was never really interested in finding them. Of the ones I've read most were bad, but there were also ones that I enjoyed. I haven't read fanfic in years tho.
Feb 21, 2019 12:49 AM
Aug 2017
Yeah, I completely agree. Some of these fanfictions are absolutely fantastic. Sometimes short ones, sometimes longer series, there's always a hidden gem in between all of them. I remember one deviantart writer in particular used to write amazing, tear jerking hetalia fanfictions...I'll never forget how great they were
Feb 21, 2019 12:58 AM

Jan 2018
Weirdo47 said:
Yeah, I completely agree. Some of these fanfictions are absolutely fantastic. Sometimes short ones, sometimes longer series, there's always a hidden gem in between all of them. I remember one deviantart writer in particular used to write amazing, tear jerking hetalia fanfictions...I'll never forget how great they were

It's really hard to find that hidden gem tho... there's a lot of really bad fanfics out there, but the good ones are worth the search

Feb 21, 2019 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
Dave_Adrian said:
Maneki-Mew said:

A lot of people really enjoy AO3 huh... I just read an MHA fanfic there, and damn that was good. But about AO3... I think fanfiction.net has a slightly better library and the tags in AO3 are just confusing. Also, whats with all the m/m in ao3? I mean, I aint homophobic, but damn thats a lot of yaoi..

There are a bunch of straight and lesbian couples too, but I won't deny that you are looking for the gay stuff there. 😏
Feb 21, 2019 4:43 AM

Jan 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
Dave_Adrian said:

There are a bunch of straight and lesbian couples too, but I won't deny that you are looking for the gay stuff there. 😏

Eyyy bruhh I aint no gayy, 100 % of the time, Im straight all the time... not that there's anything wrong with being gay... I mean its 2019... (I aint homophobic!)

Feb 21, 2019 6:05 AM
Jul 2018
Dave_Adrian said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Eyyy bruhh I aint no gayy, 100 % of the time, Im straight all the time... not that there's anything wrong with being gay... I mean its 2019... (I aint homophobic!)

I never understood this argument. I'm not straight and apparantly not a gay man, but there are many good couples. If it fits, I ship, is like my life motto.
But okay, I don't want to argue against that, because that's taste.

I don't mean YOU are looking for the gay stuff there, in general one does. But not only. xD
Feb 21, 2019 7:59 AM
Sep 2018
I, relatively recently, was super into fanfiction - mainly Naruto ones but all the ones I liked either have crappy upload gaps or got boring over time. I even wrote a few chapters before I lost motivation. Here's the one's I've written and some of my old favourite ones: and some of my old favourite ones: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7899891/

Mar 1, 2019 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
I tried writing an Anime fan fiction once. I had a lot of ideas that I was enamored with, but it didn't pan out well enough.

Mar 1, 2019 3:02 PM

Oct 2018
I read them out of boredom.

The most recent ones I’ve read were one were Ichigo and Renji from Bleach do a BDSM roleplay. And an Orejo Doremi one where it’s a loli getting raped by a furry written as a poem.
I’m a FUJOSHI and LOLICON.
Mar 27, 2019 7:13 AM

Jan 2018
degenerate69 said:
I read them out of boredom.

The most recent ones I’ve read were one were Ichigo and Renji from Bleach do a BDSM roleplay. And an Orejo Doremi one where it’s a loli getting raped by a furry written as a poem.

wow what the heck... thats a little too much for me m8.. and too much information as well

Mar 27, 2019 7:18 AM

Jun 2008
Yes to all three.

Been a while since i wrote some myself though.
Mar 27, 2019 7:25 AM

Jan 2018
Chibi-Alice said:
Yes to all three.

please dont be another BDSM furry rape kinda shit

Mar 27, 2019 7:42 AM
Apr 2016
well i mean, erotic fanfictions and just cringe-worthy, but putting that aside, imagine you did not like the ending of an anime, would you just accept the fact that your anime was just stepped on and made fun of at the very end, or would you do a fanfiction in your own head and give a better well deserved conclusion to it?
Mar 27, 2019 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
Dave_Adrian said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Yes to all three.

please dont be another BDSM furry rape kinda shit

It was all just fluff. Not even kissing.
Mar 27, 2019 8:32 AM

Jan 2018
CrazyAfa said:
well i mean, erotic fanfictions and just cringe-worthy, but putting that aside, imagine you did not like the ending of an anime, would you just accept the fact that your anime was just stepped on and made fun of at the very end, or would you do a fanfiction in your own head and give a better well deserved conclusion to it?

Thats why I find comfort in fanfics... even though I agree there are a lot of shitty ones...

Mar 28, 2019 7:29 AM
Oct 2018
Fan fiction is 100% ALWAYS complete objective dogshit zero exceptions FACT
Mar 28, 2019 8:06 AM

Jan 2018
Apollo18 said:
Fan fiction is 100% ALWAYS complete objective dogshit zero exceptions FACT

fanfictions > Boruto/Bleach's ending

Mar 28, 2019 9:46 AM

Apr 2017
I usually find myself reading fanfictions from time to time. I used to read a whole lot more back in 2016 and actually used to write them. I still sort of do so, but they are more because I want to unleash some kind of headcannon that's been haunting me for weeks.

I believe that fanfiction is a great way to improve one's writing skills. Sure, a lot of the stuff on websites is trash, but I'm hoping that these people who are producing such content will learn from their mistakes and develop their writing style. Writing fanfictions years ago helped me out a lot with my writing, and honestly, I remember how excited I was when my story got favorited or when it got a review. Good times.

Apr 16, 2019 9:36 AM

Jan 2018
Markerhead said:
I usually find myself reading fanfictions from time to time. I used to read a whole lot more back in 2016 and actually used to write them. I still sort of do so, but they are more because I want to unleash some kind of headcannon that's been haunting me for weeks.

I believe that fanfiction is a great way to improve one's writing skills. Sure, a lot of the stuff on websites is trash, but I'm hoping that these people who are producing such content will learn from their mistakes and develop their writing style. Writing fanfictions years ago helped me out a lot with my writing, and honestly, I remember how excited I was when my story got favorited or when it got a review. Good times.

Another fanfic writer showed up eee... so what series do you work on? And where your fanfics at m8?

Apr 17, 2019 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
I hardly read them. Usually, because they take characters and change them totally. I hate when they do it. You know how many Sherlock Holmes' romance fanfics are there (between Holmes and Watson?) Gees.

About writing, I tried to write one and it ended up after one chapter XD Later I made a cross over of two animes that just seemed to have so many in common, it was scary. Actually, people read this fanfic to this very day.

Apr 17, 2019 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Characters in fanfiction seem so out character that makes me almost hate them and that's why I hate fanfictions
Apr 17, 2019 7:26 AM

Aug 2018
No, No, and certainly No................
Apr 17, 2019 8:35 AM

Jan 2018
EfiChan said:
I hardly read them. Usually, because they take characters and change them totally. I hate when they do it. You know how many Sherlock Holmes' romance fanfics are there (between Holmes and Watson?) Gees.

About writing, I tried to write one and it ended up after one chapter XD Later I made a cross over of two animes that just seemed to have so many in common, it was scary. Actually, people read this fanfic to this very day.

Eyyy bruh can I read your works? And wut anime did you work on?

Apr 17, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
Dave_Adrian said:
EfiChan said:

First... I'm a guy, so... no bro.
Second... I wrote about Vampire Knight and Betrayal Knows My Name (not what you expected, ha?) I wrote a Sherlock Holmes fanfic which no one reads... Tried to have same style of the original... didn't work.

Apr 17, 2019 9:24 AM

Jan 2018
EfiChan said:
Dave_Adrian said:

First... I'm a guy, so... no bro.
Second... I wrote about Vampire Knight and Betrayal Knows My Name (not what you expected, ha?) I wrote a Sherlock Holmes fanfic which no one reads... Tried to have same style of the original... didn't work.

I know you're a dude bruh, that's why i'm callin you 'bruh' and not 'gurl'.
So.. why no, bruh?

Apr 17, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2016
Fanfiction is WONDERFUL.

I've been reading them for years. I used to be a hardcore kpop fans back then, so fanfiction is not a strange thing anymore when I found out that anime also has loads of them. And btw, I'm a fanfiction writer as well :3 but I only write in my native language because my english is sucks as you can see 😂

They're not always better than the original source imo, but if you're a fan of a certain series, reading fanfiction can expand your horizon, like...you have more materials to love that series even more, even though it's not canon.

Sometimes I don't even know which is canon and which is not because I read too much of it lol

It helps to ease my pain when the storyline in canon doesn't go the way I want it to be. And fanfiction is just...beautiful. In other words, I love fanfiction.
Apr 17, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2019
I think it mostly depends on the anime.Some anime ended but people still want more so they looked towards other sources to give them more of the feels and the closure of said anime.

Some people have anime withdrawals,when your favourite anime ended you suddenly felt empty and dont know what to do next.So they read fanfictions to satisfy their emptiness..
"You're having lewd thoughts aren't you?"
"My thoughts are a hundred times more lewd that what you're imagining."

--Sakurajima Mai and Azusagawa Sakuta Bunny Girl Senpai
Apr 17, 2019 10:02 AM
Oct 2017
I've read them in the past, and occasionally will write one for wish-fulfillment. I've never made one public, and don't plan on it though.

It's more about letting out what I'd like to see happen next, or instead, and then getting rid of it. A weird form of closure basically.

Most fanfiction is indeed garbage, but you'd be ignorant to say that it's all bad.
Apr 17, 2019 10:41 AM
Oct 2017
I rarely read them nowadays but I used to read them obsessively when I was younger I never tried to write one because I don't have much of an imagination
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

28 by vasipi4946 »»
1 minute ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
15 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.