Forum Settings
Forums
BAKEMONOGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 30, 2018 5:04 PM

Feb 2015
Why is this being adapted to manga after so many years? And with Oh Great?

Dec 2, 2018 7:05 PM

Sep 2015
SteelingMax said:

Why wasn't this adapted into a manga so many years ago? Better now or never. Especially since the anime and light novels are so long and people are likely intimidated to start. The manga can be a good entry point for the new generation, and get some discussions going.

Or even more likely, and the one I'm betting on, is that Oh! Great went up to NisiOisiN. Being two authors with puns for names, this was an easy-breezy discussion that didn't distract from Nisio's busy busy writing schedule. Oh! Great fell in love with Hitagi at first sight, and felt there was injustice that every other harem member gets more screentime and more fanservice shots.

"I cannot allow this!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Nisio blinked in astonishment.

He had not predicted that this would happen, as half of Japan are Shinobu shippers or Hanekawa salters. He felt as if he finally found someone he can trust this task to. He felt that this man could revive the Hitagi ship after he concluded it in Musubimonogatari.

No one was talking about Musubi, so this was like a blessing. They hugged each other, they danced, they fondled each other, then Nisio gave him his seal of approval.

Shaking hands like Jojo characters.

That's how the manga was born.
Dec 2, 2018 8:24 PM

Sep 2017
SteelingMax said:

to make more money out of the franchise.
Dec 3, 2018 7:53 AM

Feb 2015
Draconix814 said:
SteelingMax said:

Why wasn't this adapted into a manga so many years ago? Better now or never. Especially since the anime and light novels are so long and people are likely intimidated to start. The manga can be a good entry point for the new generation, and get some discussions going.

Or even more likely, and the one I'm betting on, is that Oh! Great went up to NisiOisiN. Being two authors with puns for names, this was an easy-breezy discussion that didn't distract from Nisio's busy busy writing schedule. Oh! Great fell in love with Hitagi at first sight, and felt there was injustice that every other harem member gets more screentime and more fanservice shots.

"I cannot allow this!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Nisio blinked in astonishment.

He had not predicted that this would happen, as half of Japan are Shinobu shippers or Hanekawa salters. He felt as if he finally found someone he can trust this task to. He felt that this man could revive the Hitagi ship after he concluded it in Musubimonogatari.

No one was talking about Musubi, so this was like a blessing. They hugged each other, they danced, they fondled each other, then Nisio gave him his seal of approval.

Shaking hands like Jojo characters.

That's how the manga was born.

I can imagine it happening

Jun 18, 2019 12:44 AM
Sep 2011
RafaelPereira97 said:
SteelingMax said:

to make more money out of the franchise.

well, that is obvious, and I'm surprised that Kodansha put this manga in the shounen demography (considering it's seinen in the original or anime).
Jun 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Jun 2016
It's a bad adaptation that doesn't grasp the essence of the source material
Aug 17, 2019 1:45 AM

Nov 2013
Edocchi said:

How so?

Also, according to your list, you haven't even read the source material.
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 17, 2019 3:59 PM

Jun 2016
abystoma2 said:
Edocchi said:

How so?

Also, according to your list, you haven't even read the source material.
It makes it darker and gruesome for no reason at all. The appeal of the series is all about taking heavy psychological themes, then lightening its contens. It's something that never takes itself too seriously. The fanservice is also off-point and put on very weird situations unlike the anime which used them masterfully either to loghten its contents or it has an actual purpose.

I dropped it. I drop manga a lot, too lazy to list em all. I never drop anime btw.
EdocchiAug 17, 2019 4:04 PM
Aug 18, 2019 12:26 AM

Nov 2013
Edocchi said:
I dropped it. I drop manga a lot, too lazy to list em all. I never drop anime btw.

So, you claim that it doesn't grasp the essence of the source material which is bad, while you dropped the source material? Am I understanding it right?

Aug 18, 2019 6:28 AM

Jun 2016
abystoma2 said:
Edocchi said:

So, you claim that it doesn't grasp the essence of the source material which is bad, while you dropped the source material? Am I understanding it right?
Haven't finished the light novel, will add it after I read the last two vols of first season. Sorry I read ur comment wrong
Aug 18, 2019 6:36 AM

Nov 2013
Well, back to the main point then. The fact that there was a shift in atmosphere isn't necessarily a bad thing and it doesn't make it a bad adaptation. What it does is that it doesn't make it a 1:1 adaptation, but the anime changed stuff too.

Nov 4, 2019 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
not quite my manga

More topics from this board

» Does this have an original ending.

m_ridley_ - Mar 23

1 by Ri-iel »»
Mar 23, 11:31 PM

» Can I start reading the series with this?

BDMax - Feb 11

2 by Chirag4640 »»
Feb 17, 9:45 PM

» How is this compared to the novels?

5hyguy - Jan 13

1 by Kittycat_Neill »»
Jan 31, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 193 Discussion

Stacias - Jul 9, 2023

8 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Jan 11, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Chapter 191 Discussion

Stacias - Jul 9, 2023

2 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Dec 28, 2023 3:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.