Apr 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
ecchiharemgeek said:
It’s a shame/annoying that funimation has the rights
To HxH and yet they won’t dub it

Edit: still have s2 to look forward to

HxH? Hunter x Hunter or Heart x Hybrid?

Hunter x Hunter is being dubbed.

And if it's about Heart x Hybrid, it was originally set to release in November last year but I heard it was cancelled as Funimation was getting death threats for dubbing a borderline-H (though it's just a rumor, nothing is confirmed).

Gonna love the double standard

Also if they think HxH is bad now just wait until season 2 #grabtheminthepussy

Edit: found this

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/73flt6/funimation_finally_decided_to_respond_about_the/

Kenny_Stryker said:
The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST is set to release on August 27, 2018.

It’s weird they’ll dub testament but not HxH

Mod Edit: Merged posts.
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 3:37 PM
May 10, 2018 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
ecchiharemgeek said:

Viz Media is the license holder for Hunter X Hunter (2011) and a dub exists, since it airs on Toonami.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 10, 2018 9:45 AM
Apr 2016
Hey dub queen! Any word on megalo box and haikyuu season 3? Thnx on advance.
May 10, 2018 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
Kruszer said:
ecchiharemgeek said:

Viz Media is the license holder for Hunter X Hunter (2011) and a dub exists, since it airs on Toonami.

HxH hydrid heart I was talking about LOL
ecchiharemgeekMay 11, 2018 9:38 AM
May 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2017
Striker-3649 said:

Striker-3649 said:

Megalo box would probably get a dub around Summer 2019.

Sentai working on Haikyuu, but there's no official release date.
May 10, 2018 12:08 PM

May 2009
Kruszer said:
Kenny_Stryker said:
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 is airing now!

An OVA seems like a poor choice for a simuldub, eventually they're going to catch up, since it isn't finished releasing, and there is going to be a long delay until the next batch. Not complaining though it's a great show.
People have dubbed both the Fire Emblem OVA, and AKB0048 (without dubbing the actual songs), so anything goes I guess.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 10, 2018 10:39 PM

Mar 2017
Sentai Filmwork is dubbing Scum's Wish.

Naruto Shippuden (episode 445 - 458) is set to release on August 28, 2018.
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:18 PM
May 11, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2016
March comes in like a lion season 2 dub?
May 11, 2018 9:34 AM

Mar 2017
Striker-3649 said:
March comes in like a lion season 2 dub?

It'll come out eventually. Just date is not announced yet.
May 11, 2018 9:40 AM
Apr 2018
Is My Wife is the Student Council President still being dubbed?
May 11, 2018 9:41 AM

Mar 2017
ecchiharemgeek said:

Yes, it's in production. We'll probably hear about it sooner than later.

-----

May 15

Digimon Adventure tri - Coexistence (movie 5) is set to release on August 7, 2018.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (Episodes 1-28) is available now to watch!

----

May 16

Ace Attorney (Episodes 14-24) is out now!
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:18 PM
May 16, 2018 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
you sure everything gets dubbed eventually?

is ocean still around or no. i'm relatively sure funimation got them to do all their dubs back in the day, but not so much any more.

tbh i don't even really know much about sentai. are they just like ADV 2?

do you think funimation and crunchyroll will ever merge i don't want to have to pay for 2 streaming services.
May 16, 2018 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
ecchiharemgeek said:
HxH hybrid heart I was talking about LOL
Hybrid x Heart got delayed to sometime in 2018. (Possibly because Funi might've wound up with the TV-censored version, and had to take extra time obtaining and adapting for the home video masters.) Though I guess there's no word on whether or not it'll be dubbed.

Kenny_Stryker said:
ecchiharemgeek said:

I wouldn't have much faith in anything you hear from FakeMedia-Blasters these days. Their recent track record has a lot of dubs dropped or releases completely cancelled without notice.

jarring said:

do you think funimation and crunchyroll will ever merge i don't want to have to pay for 2 streaming services.
Sentai is run by a lot of the same people who ran ADV, uses the same Houston studios, and employs a lot of the directors and VAs who worked with ADV. ADV basically used certain provisions of Texas bankruptcy law to skirt their obligations to investors when they ran into money troubles in ~2008, and reorganized as Sentai + some other affiliated companies, like Section23, Amusement Park Media, Seraphim Studios, Maiden Japan, and Kraken Releasing.

vrv.co is the closest thing to a Funi/CR merger.

Everything that connects to MAL

Contains Ecchi, but not Tagged Ecchi: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

May 16, 2018 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Zalis said:
ecchiharemgeek said:
HxH hybrid heart I was talking about LOL
Hybrid x Heart got delayed to sometime in 2018. (Possibly because Funi might've wound up with the TV-censored version, and had to take extra time obtaining and adapting for the home video masters.) Though I guess there's no word on whether or not it'll be dubbed.

Kenny_Stryker said:

I wouldn't have much faith in anything you hear from FakeMedia-Blasters these days. Their recent track record has a lot of dubs dropped or releases completely cancelled without notice.

jarring said:

Sentai is run by a lot of the same people who ran ADV, uses the same Houston studios, and employs a lot of the directors and VAs who worked with ADV. ADV basically used certain provisions of Texas bankruptcy law to skirt their obligations to investors when they ran into money troubles in ~2008, and reorganized as Sentai + some other affiliated companies, like Section23, Amusement Park Media, Seraphim Studios, Maiden Japan, and Kraken Releasing.

vrv.co is the closest thing to a Funi/CR merger.

i'm not really a fan of vrv.. it's like crunchy roll + what it doesn't have on funi. if it was the other way around i'd be down, like, have full access to funimation, as well as all the subs on crunchyroll that aren't getting dubbed by funimation. as it stands, i'd prefer just getting funimation, and watching everything else on pirate sites, but nothing is to stop me from watching everything on pirate sites like many others either.
May 16, 2018 8:48 PM

Mar 2017
jarring said:

is ocean still around or no. i'm relatively sure funimation got them to do all their dubs back in the day, but not so much any more.

Well, most of the things get dubbed. Even ReZero is getting a dub after 2 years, and AnoHana got dub after 6 years.

Well, you could say that Sentai is ADV 2. Alot of people of ADV work for Sentai.

I don't think Funimation and Crunchyroll will ever get merged, as Funimation focuses on dub, while Crunchyroll on subs.

Plus, Funimation is a much larger company than Crunchyroll, I don't think merger would benefit Funimation anyway. Even in Crunchyroll x Funimation, Funimation is dominant.
May 16, 2018 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
jarring said:

Well, most of the things get dubbed. Even ReZero is getting a dub after 2 years, and AnoHana got dub after 6 years.

Well, you could say that Sentai is ADV 2. Alot of people of ADV work for Sentai.

I don't think Funimation and Crunchyroll will ever get merged, as Funimation focuses on dub, while Crunchyroll on subs.

Plus, Funimation is a much larger company than Crunchyroll, I don't think merger would benefit Funimation anyway. Even in Crunchyroll x Funimation, Funimation is dominant.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, why don't they just absorb them then? they should imo. they have nothing to lose from it, and everything to gain. when practically everyone who watches anime can watch practically anything they want under one streaming website, everyone wins, funimation, crunchyroll, and the customer.

also the difference isn't really relevant. funimation is a distribution company, they do subs too. they think by having the partnership, they can both have their hands dipped into the same pool equally profiting from all anime streamers and it's not benefiting anyone but their peace of mind...but there is an untapped pool yet to be taken advantage of which represents one source for all anime, one that could garner customers exponentially.
May 16, 2018 9:31 PM

Mar 2017
jarring said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

yeah i was thinking the same thing, why don't they just absorb them then? they should imo. they have nothing to lose from it, and everything to gain. when practically everyone who watches anime can watch practically anything they want under one streaming website, everyone wins, funimation, crunchyroll, and the customer.

also the difference isn't really relevant. funimation is a distribution company, they do subs too. they think by having the partnership, they can both have their hands dipped into the same pool equally profiting from all anime streamers and it's not benefiting anyone but their peace of mind...but there is an untapped pool yet to be taken advantage of which represents one source for all anime, one that could garner customers exponentially.

This is due to region restrictions as well. However, if Funimation acquires Crunchyroll, there would be no benefit for Crunchyroll. As Funimation only provides anime to US Region A and B, while Crunchyroll provides anime world wide excluding Asia.

Funimation is not only a distribution company, but it is also a production company (which is why we get simuldubs and dubs in the first place, and also anime Dimension W was produced by Funimation). They occasionally release subs as well.

Eureka Seven Hi–Evolution 1 is set to release on August 14, 2018.

anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:16 PM
May 16, 2018 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
jarring said:

This is due to region restrictions as well. However, if Funimation acquires Crunchyroll, there would be no benefit for Crunchyroll. As Funimation only provides anime to US Region A and B, while Crunchyroll provides anime world wide excluding Asia.

Funimation is not only a distribution company, but it is also a production company (which is why we get simuldubs and dubs in the first place, and also anime Dimension W was produced by Funimation). They occasionally release subs as well.

both crunchyroll and funimation are restricted individually by each region for each anime. crunchyroll doesn't have all their anime worldwide. they have to pick and choose what they can afford to play where. it's the same for funimation. they normally just went through other companies to license anime elsewhere, but with the advent of anime streaming, licensing in other countries directly has become a priority. since crunchyroll is a streaming service, it seems they do focus on opening their doors to the biggest audience worldwide, but funimation is also working on opening their doors worldwide as well, currently having funimation in the U.K. which is a huge step in the right direction.
i think they both want the same thing, it's just a matter of time till they realize it.
May 16, 2018 10:04 PM

Mar 2017
jarring said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

both crunchyroll and funimation are restricted individually by each region for each anime. crunchyroll doesn't have all their anime worldwide. they have to pick and choose what they can afford to play where. it's the same for funimation. they normally just went through other companies to license anime elsewhere, but with the advent of anime streaming, licensing in other countries directly has become a priority. since crunchyroll is a streaming service, it seems they do focus on opening their doors to the biggest audience worldwide, but funimation is also working on opening their doors worldwide as well, currently having funimation in the U.K. which is a huge step in the right direction.
i think they both want the same thing, it's just a matter of time till they realize it.

With Funimation being acquired by Sony, we might see it happening.

Currently, Funimation operates in NA only. All UK and Europe releases are done by Anime Limited, UK.
May 16, 2018 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
jarring said:

Currently, Funimation operates in NA only. All UK and Europe releases are done by Anime Limited, UK.

their base might be in texas, yes, but they opened their stream to the UK and Ireland as of 2016
https://twitter.com/FunimationUK
May 16, 2018 10:16 PM

Mar 2017
jarring said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

their base might be in texas, yes, but they opened their stream to the UK and Ireland as of 2016

Yeah, I'm not talking about streaming. I'm talking about physical releases, they're done by Anime Limited, UK.
May 16, 2018 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
jarring said:

Yeah, I'm not talking about streaming. I'm talking about physical releases, they're done by Anime Limited, UK.
actually now that i think about it, it would be pretty expensive for either company to buy the other out. although funimation is much older, and larger of a company, crunchyroll is already worth just as much if not more than funimation. it could be possible with sony being the parent company, but otherwise, yeah nah.
May 16, 2018 11:51 PM

Mar 2017
jarring said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

actually now that i think about it, it would be pretty expensive for either company to buy the other out. although funimation is much older, and larger of a company, crunchyroll is already worth just as much if not more than funimation. it could be possible with sony being the parent company, but otherwise, yeah nah.

Well, yeah. That could be the reason as well.
May 17, 2018 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
jarring said:

AT&T could end up getting the full share of otter as well.. it's weird, otter is a joint company between AT&T and this dude Chernin which both supposedly spent something like 500 mil each to get full ownership of crunchyroll and some other smaller companies most notably rooster teeth...btw chernin already owned a controlling interest in crunchyroll at the time. and i'm sitting here thinking like, did Chernin scam AT&T to buy out the rest of crunchyroll for him? And now otter is sitting at a value of 1 billion, of which AT&T owns half, but also must pay 1 billion for full ownership, after what seems like they paid for in full already.
i'm just confused. I've been looking for the worth of crunchyroll and i can't really find it anywhere. the closest i've come to it is by looking at the value of otter itself, the company that owns crunchyroll, vrv, and rooster teeth.

what it seems like to me is that it cost around 100 mil to get a controlling interest in it, then another 500 mil to get the full ownership...at the time anyways. and AT&T was made a fool. either that or it really did cost close to a billion.. in which case chernin was totally legit in his spendings.

sony bought funimation for what 150 mil? that's nothing compared to elation/otter.
May 17, 2018 12:51 AM

Mar 2017
jarring said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

AT&T could end up getting the full share of otter as well.. it's weird, otter is a joint company between AT&T and this dude Chernin which both supposedly spent something like 500 mil each to get full ownership of crunchyroll and some other smaller companies most notably rooster teeth...btw chernin already owned a controlling interest in crunchyroll at the time. and i'm sitting here thinking like, did Chernin scam AT&T to buy out the rest of crunchyroll for him? And now otter is sitting at a value of 1 billion, of which AT&T owns half, but also must pay 1 billion for full ownership, after what seems like they paid for in full already.
i'm just confused. I've been looking for the worth of crunchyroll and i can't really find it anywhere. the closest i've come to it is by looking at the value of otter itself, the company that owns crunchyroll, vrv, and rooster teeth.

what it seems like to me is that it cost around 100 mil to get a controlling interest in it, then another 500 mil to get the full ownership...at the time anyways. and AT&T was made a fool. either that or it really did cost close to a billion.. in which case chernin was totally legit in his spendings.

sony bought funimation for what 150 mil? that's nothing compared to elation/otter.

And, I just checked, you're right about it.

So, who knows? It might happen one day? Sony is a massive corporation as well. After acquisition, Funi app is on PS4 as well. Let's see if Otter does something.
May 17, 2018 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
jarring said:

And, I just checked, you're right about it.

So, who knows? It might happen one day? Sony is a massive corporation as well. After acquisition, Funi app is on PS4 as well. Let's see if Otter does something.

they've already done a lot for crunchyroll. by 2016 vrv was released, 2017 the anime awards started which probably played a huge role in boosting their subscription numbers to over a million.
not only that they started producing their own original anime like urahara which sadly went under teh radar. loved its dub too.

idk how much chernin played a role in it, but he acquired a controlling interest in it in 2013 and otter became the major shareholder a year later.
things only went up from there.
i'm just skeptical of the way chernin went about getting ownership of the company.
May 17, 2018 8:12 AM

Mar 2017
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (Episodes 29-49) is out now!
May 18, 2018 1:57 AM

Mar 2017
May 21, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2018
May 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Mar 2017
HulkTySSJ2 said:
Any word on Silver Spoon?
The next box set for One Piece?
The new Baki series coming to Netflix?
Thanks.

Dates haven't been announced yet. Once they're announced, I'll add them.

-------

May 24

Princess Principal dub is announced.

Princess Principal is set to release on September 25, 2018.

Scum's Wish is set to release on September 25, 2018.
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:16 PM
May 24, 2018 3:29 PM

May 2018
Here's some more I'd be interested in:
1. Lupin III: Part 5
2. Food Wars: Third Plate (Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen)
3. Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
4. Umamusume: Pretty Derby
5. Nisekoi
6. Tokyo Ghoul:re
7. Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
8. Megalo Box (Probably already asked)
9. Shiyan Pin Jiating
10. Detective Conan (A re-attempted dub)
11. Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 (Season 1 was dubbed)
12. I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying

Can't remember anymore right now.

Kenny_Stryker said:

I'm new here, and was wondering were you get your info. ?
I've heard of you being the quickest to find this stuff for the public.

Mod Edit: Merged posts.
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 3:40 PM
May 24, 2018 9:43 PM
May 2018
Darn, just saw your comment about Record of Grancrest War & Aniplex.
I just found this anime on Hulu and it looks like it’d sound great in English!
It did just come or this year so hopefully there’s a chance of it getting dubbed later on.
Do you think it’d be a waste to hold out on watching it a while longer?
keep-it-zenMay 24, 2018 9:46 PM
May 24, 2018 11:19 PM

Mar 2017
HulkTySSJ2 said:
Here's some more I'd be interested in:
1. Lupin III: Part 5
2. Food Wars: Third Plate (Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen)
3. Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
4. Umamusume: Pretty Derby
5. Nisekoi
6. Tokyo Ghoul:re
7. Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
8. Megalo Box (Probably already asked)
9. Shiyan Pin Jiating
10. Detective Conan (A re-attempted dub)
11. Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 (Season 1 was dubbed)
12. I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying

Can't remember anymore right now.

HulkTySSJ2 said:
Kenny_Stryker said:

I'm new here, and was wondering were you get your info. ?
I've heard of you being the quickest to find this stuff for the public.

I gather all the information from their respective sources, and place them here in a single place.

keep-it-zen said:
Darn, just saw your comment about Record of Grancrest War & Aniplex.
I just found this anime on Hulu and it looks like it’d sound great in English!
It did just come or this year so hopefully there’s a chance of it getting dubbed later on.
Do you think it’d be a waste to hold out on watching it a while longer?

There is a very good possibility of it getting a dub. So I'll wait a little longer.

Lupin III: Part, Food Wars, Umamusume: Pretty Derby. Sword Art Online, Megalo Box - It's too early to say. If they ever get a dub, it'll be most likely be Fall 2019.

Boruto - It's getting a dub in 2019 once Naruto Shippuden is finished.

Nisekoi - It's not getting a dub. Aniplex released it on BD, and they've never gone back to dub their once released titles.

Shiyan Pin Jiating - It's not a Japanese animated series, so I highly doubt if it'd ever get a dub.

Detective Conan - No official information

Saiki K - Netflix has the second season, so it's pretty much guaranteed a dub.

I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying - No official information.
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:15 PM
Aug 9, 2018 10:04 AM
Apr 2016
I read somewhere made in abyss is getting dub, does anyone know exact date for it?
Aug 9, 2018 10:08 AM

Mar 2017
Striker-3649 said:
I read somewhere made in abyss is getting dub, does anyone know exact date for it?

October 23, 2018.

I'll update the list whenever I get the time. The site has been down for like 2 months
Aug 9, 2018 5:51 PM
Aug 2018
Finally this link is working again all it needs is a update
Aug 9, 2018 6:16 PM
Jan 2017
jastanm12 said:
Finally this link is working again all it needs is a update
Yeeseesss. I couldn't take it anymore without the comments and the broken links. I was dying.
Aug 10, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2009
FWIW I know that Four Rhythm got a dub. Dunno when though.
Aug 10, 2018 10:20 AM

Mar 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
FWIW I know that Four Rhythm got a dub. Dunno when though.

September 11, 2018.

I'll try to update the list whenever I get some time.

The list has been fully updated....

Sentai announces dubs for the following series;

> Girls' Last Tour
> Land of the Lustrous
> Mitsuboshi Colors
> Just Because
anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:15 PM
Aug 11, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2016

If it's Sentai, you can expect a minimum of a one year delay smh
Aug 11, 2018 7:56 AM

Mar 2017
Sonal1988 said:

If it's Sentai, you can expect a minimum of a one year delay smh

Release dates would be announced by the end of the month, and I'm expecting the releases to be in the month of December.

-------

August 12

Naruto Shippuden (Episode 445-458) is available now!

ReLife Final Arc OVAs is set to release on November 13, 2018.

----

August 14

Eureka Seven Hi–Evolution 1 is available now!

---------

August 16

Twin Star Exorcists (Episode 27-40) is set to release on November 13, 2018.

Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms will debut in theaters on September 21, 2018.

------

August 19

Attack on Titan Season 3 is airing now!

Fireworks is set to release on November 20, 2018.

The Rising of the Shield Hero has been confirmed to get a dub!

anime-primeDec 26, 2021 7:14 PM
Aug 19, 2018 4:36 AM
Mar 2016
Any news on the dub for Himouto! Umaru-chan R??
Aug 19, 2018 4:40 AM

Mar 2017
DatAnimeTho said:
Any news on the dub for Himouto! Umaru-chan R??

Not yet, probably by the end of this month.
Aug 19, 2018 9:00 AM
Jul 2017
Does anyone know if SAO will be dubbed?
Aug 19, 2018 10:27 AM

May 2009
Braxton_Biggers said:
If you mean any of the following languages:
* Italian
* German
* Japanese
* English
* Korean
* French
* Spanish

...then the answer is that it's already been dubbed.
Aug 19, 2018 10:39 AM
Apr 2017
Primerose003 said:
I'm a dub lover and I keep track of the simuldubs. I can't believe its gonna take them so long to come out with eps 553-563 of One Piece.
I'm very surprised but happy citrus is getting a dub. I hope uchuu yori mo tooi basho gets simuldubs too.
One Piece funination dub is so good. I wish it wasn't so far behind the sub
Aug 19, 2018 10:53 AM
Aug 2018
I'm not a big dub person but I think Re:zero it's getting or has already gotten a dub that I'm going to watch sometime soon
Aug 20, 2018 6:06 AM
Jul 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Braxton_Biggers said:
* Italian
* German
* Japanese
* English
* Korean
* French
* Spanish

GlennMagusHarvey said:
Braxton_Biggers said:
* Italian
* German
* Japanese
* English
* Korean
* French
* Spanish

I mean will season 3 be simuldubbed?
Aug 20, 2018 6:26 AM
Apr 2016
Is there any news on Gintama's 1st season? They started directly from 2nd season (3rd is getting dub soon)
aannnddd what about Grand Blue dub?
Pages (189) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does anybody else not read manga because they don't know Japanese?

ForgotEyeWasHere - 9 hours ago

30 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
59 seconds ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - Sep 20

50 by RareAnimeHunter »»
7 minutes ago

» Whats your favourite ”Reincarnated as a slime” character?

wazalol - 3 hours ago

10 by MogKnight »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » If all pirated sites were to shut down, would you be willing to pay for anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

All_Knowing - Sep 7

154 by RareAnimeHunter »»
10 minutes ago

» What is your opinion about Anitubers ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 10

55 by Tropisch »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.