Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2018 8:21 AM

May 2015
Lately I have been watching dubs I noticed that the I don't hear the old Eng Dub VA's anymore on new shows.What happened to the canadian va's? how come they never do anime anymore?
zurgboy00Mar 14, 2018 8:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2018 8:25 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Funimation has about their entirety of their original people behind them. Unless you're talking about clunky old ones picked up by small companies then those have been long gone and many of those people weren't doing VA as a profession, it hasn't legitimately been one for anime since the last 15 years.
Mar 14, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2015
I mean like the one's who dubbed Gundam 00 I don't hear those VA's anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2018 8:29 AM

Mar 2014
What is Englush? Is it from the same language branch as English?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 14, 2018 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
zurgboy00 said:
Lately I have been watching dubs I noticed that the I don't hear the old Eng Dub VA's anymore on new shows.What happened to the canadian va's? how come they never do anime anymore?

Unless anime distribution companies have their own in-house dubbing studio like Funimation and ADV/Sentai Filmworks then they have to hire out to studios like the one you mentioned.

Trouble is, that the anime distributors who used to do that (Bandai USA, Pioneer/Geneon) died around the late 2000s. The only companies still around that hire out for dubs are VIZ and Aniplex USA and they usually go with Bang Zoom or NYAV Post.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

More topics from this board

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

3 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

31 by Reecey91 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 4 hours ago

22 by perseii »»
7 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 11 hours ago

18 by MasterTasuke »»
9 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.