Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 14, 8:21 AM

Lately I have been watching dubs I noticed that the I don't hear the old Eng Dub VA's anymore on new shows.What happened to the canadian va's? how come they never do anime anymore?
Modified by zurgboy00, Mar 14, 8:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 14, 8:25 AM
</denied>

Funimation has about their entirety of their original people behind them. Unless you're talking about clunky old ones picked up by small companies then those have been long gone and many of those people weren't doing VA as a profession, it hasn't legitimately been one for anime since the last 15 years.

ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʟʏ ʀᴀɪꜱᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴜᴘ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇꜱᴛ ʜᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ, ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ.

Mar 14, 8:29 AM

I mean like the one's who dubbed Gundam 00 I don't hear those VA's anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 14, 8:29 AM

What is Englush? Is it from the same language branch as English?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Mar 14, 9:38 AM

zurgboy00 said:
Lately I have been watching dubs I noticed that the I don't hear the old Eng Dub VA's anymore on new shows.What happened to the canadian va's? how come they never do anime anymore?

Unless anime distribution companies have their own in-house dubbing studio like Funimation and ADV/Sentai Filmworks then they have to hire out to studios like the one you mentioned.

Trouble is, that the anime distributors who used to do that (Bandai USA, Pioneer/Geneon) died around the late 2000s. The only companies still around that hire out for dubs are VIZ and Aniplex USA and they usually go with Bang Zoom or NYAV Post.
"When you've got the upper hand, don't lose it by giving a lecture"
-Shannon Casul (Scrapped Princess)