Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2018 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
These days a lot of men want to take on the role of the ‘woman,’ such as dressing up and looking pretty, being a house husband and generally being a submissive bitch. Why is this? Is it because modern men are simply too afraid of being the protector and embracing their masculinity? I've heard the new term "soy boy" being used quite a bit these days, which is used to describe an emasculated beta male lacking in testosterone and other "manly" qualities. Besides the term being a bit of a meme, is there some truth to it? Discuss.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 30, 2018 6:59 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Why there must be roles in the family based on the genitals one is born with?
Jan 30, 2018 7:03 AM
Dec 2016
I would not mind a reversal of gender roles , would be fun ( ╥ω╥ )
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
Jan 30, 2018 7:07 AM

Sep 2015
I guess it depends on how a man is raised. If he is brought up with cotton woll around him, he isn't exaclty going be the toughest guy out there.
Jan 30, 2018 7:12 AM

Feb 2015
We’re getting back and forth with you and LoneWolf, you both should talk to each other and have a solution to tis “gender isssue” you claim it to be.
Jan 30, 2018 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
Sure, why would a man would want to be like those housewife's who live at the expenses of men's jobs... I wonder lol

So, men can't take care of their image? I think you're in the wrong century lol. If you think men should be ugly workers who only live to take care of their families, you should rethink your position.
Don't women want equality? Or is that just for high positions on companies and all the juicy stuff?

About the submissive part, you've been looking at the wrong guys or watching weird movies lol.

People should be who they want, and that's it. Defining family roles based on if the person has a dick or a pussy is stupid and narrow minded.

PS: If that's how you see things, don't forget to cook decently and know how to clean the toilets, cause they ain't real men work, right? ;)
removed-userJan 30, 2018 7:20 AM
Jan 30, 2018 7:15 AM

Apr 2016
Men these days don't have balls.

And they are even content with that.
Jan 30, 2018 7:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean I've started crossdressing in bed lately and lemme tell ya it's pretty lit when you're being dommed at least

In the first place I don't see why gender has to define your social role in today's society at least. In the past it was one thing but nowadays who cares
Jan 30, 2018 7:19 AM

Aug 2007
_Ako_ said:
We’re getting back and forth with you and LoneWolf, you both should talk to each other and have a solution to tis “gender isssue” you claim it to be.

I've not seen this person post before. Do they post threads that complain about men becoming emasculated like Lonewolf does? Actually no, he makes threads claiming that women accuse every man they see of rape and are manipulative, evil beings.

Jan 30, 2018 7:22 AM

Sep 2017
149597871 said:

Because it's not about genitals. It's thousands of years of evolution.
Men are suppose to be the breadwinner and the protector of the family. The men op mentioned are conditioned by ((society)) to be like that because ((society)) has been under ((their)) control for decades. ((Their)) goal is to destroy western civilization.
Jan 30, 2018 7:28 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
RadGuy said:
149597871 said:

Men are suppose to be the breadwinner and the protector of the family. The men op mentioned are conditioned by ((society)) to be like that because ((society)) has been under ((their)) control for decades. ((Their)) goal is to destroy western civilization.

That's some next level conspiracy theory.
Jan 30, 2018 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Liquidswords said:
I guess it depends on how a man is raised. If he is brought up with cotton woll around him, he isn't exaclty going be the toughest guy out there.
Fair enough

Nokkun said:
Sure, why would a man would want to be like those housewife's who live at the expenses of men's jobs... I wonder lol

So, men can't take care of their image? I think you're in the wrong century lol. If you think men should be ugly workers who only live to take care of their families, you should rethink your position.
Don't women want equality? Or is that just for high positions on companies and all the juicy stuff?

About the submissive part, you've been looking at the wrong guys or watching weird movies lol.

People should be who they want, and that's it. Defining family roles based on if the person has a dick or a pussy is stupid and narrow minded.

PS: If that's how you see things, don't forget to cook decently and know how to clean the toilets, cause they ain't real men work, right? ;)
But there are even gender roles in the animal kingdom!

RadGuy said:
149597871 said:

Plus why are men more muscular than women!?!? I think we know why ;D
Jan 30, 2018 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
Bambi said:

But even those are only forced by animal society, and poor individuals cannot defend themselves against oppression of alt-right animals.
Jan 30, 2018 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
@Bambi You're such a troll lol Nice shit posting btw.
Jan 30, 2018 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
@Bambi gender roles in animal kingdom vary greatly from one animal to the other tho. Lions sit on their asses all day while the females hunt, male sea horses carry babies. What's the matter, you love cooking so much you hope your husband can't even microwave some premade shit?

I'm not cooking because I'm beta, I'm cooking because I like eating good stuff (^:
DeathkoJan 30, 2018 7:54 AM
Jan 30, 2018 7:47 AM

Jun 2014
Because, gender roles have no right to exist.

Jumping outside gender roles isn't some fun hobby, we're simply free to be who we are now, and those of us guys who are not manly have no need to hide it away anymore.

Fuck, I had an Easy-Bake Oven when I was a kid. What does that tell you?

Jan 30, 2018 7:49 AM

Sep 2014
xdddddddddd
this is so fucking retarded, how many times will we go through this, lol
and damn, using animal behaviour as any sort of argument? really?

not every man wants to be this 'protector' of yours, take all responsibility and be all kind of your imaginary 'manly' for the same reason most women don't want to be uneducated stupid kitchen lurkers that have no interests and hobbies
because it's fucking stupid, there is zero reason to be forced into some role just because of your gender
Jan 30, 2018 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
Swagernator said:
Bambi said:

But even those are only forced by animal society, and poor individuals cannot defend themselves against oppression of alt-right animals.
or maybe those animals have transcended beyond this superfluous bickering about gender roles, and are confident with their natural gender roles and get shit done

Nokkun said:
@Bambi You're such a troll lol Nice shit posting btw.
I'm not a troll. By saying this you're giving other people strange ideas.

Clebardman said:
@Bambi gender roles in animal kingdom vary greatly from one animal to the other tho. Lions sit on their asses all day while the females hunt, male sea horses carry babies. What's the matter, you love cooking so much you hope your husband can't even microwave some premade shit?

I'm not cooking because I'm beta, I'm cooking because I like eating good stuff (^:
This may be the case, but apes (our closest relatives) even display these 'traditional' gender roles.
Jan 30, 2018 8:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I guess this old classic might be #relevant to this thread:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/closed-threads/323081-rape-is-natural-and-heres-why
Jan 30, 2018 8:02 AM
Jul 2018

I'll tag as I'm not sure if I quote in a spoiler tag it pops up on the notification.
@Bambi

You literally make a topic that goes against all the so called "progress" your gender has been doing, and that puts nowadays social values in cause.
Women don't want to be the typical house wife anymore, not women in developed countries. Dividing relationship roles by gender is outdated.

And btw, what i'm saying is not comment to you, but those arguments are basically the ones gold diggers use... Basically the best looking females get the guy with the biggest salary and get to do nothing.

And btw, comparing humans no animals is a bit of a joke. You're comparing us to what we deem to be inferior.
removed-userJan 30, 2018 8:12 AM
Jan 30, 2018 8:04 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Bambi said:

Two very bad arguments that go against each other. There are plenty of species in which the females are dominant. Besides I don't think animals are very familiar with the concept of gender. Yes, sure male human individuals probably have like 5% bigger muscles but women have plenty of qualities in which they are far superior to men. Besides you don't use muscles nowadays as much as people have used them in the past.

You are using biology as an argument but you lack the knowledge and information. I know that it's a lot easier for some women if the man does all the work while they can just spread their legs for 20 mins at night until he decides to give up and end his life once and for all. Believe me, I would also like being in a such relationship (where the roles are reversed of course) but we shouldn't let our laziness and personal fetishes get in the way of our rational thinking. Not to mention that you are just forcing your views on other people. I doubt many women (and also men) would agree with you.

Seiya said:

No, they shouldn't.

Not all men are strong, and not all men are assertive.

Thanks Seiya-kun, I knew you would understand.
149597871Jan 30, 2018 8:19 AM
Jan 30, 2018 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
Gender roles are bull shit, and it more matters for the individual, but yes male should be the protector of the relationship.
Jan 30, 2018 8:11 AM

Apr 2016
Macewindex said:
Gender roles are bull shit, and it more matters for the individual, but yes male should be the protector of the relationship.

So you're saying that women are weak ?
Jan 30, 2018 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
Nokkun said:

You literally make a topic that goes against all the so called "progress" your gender has been doing, and that puts nowadays social values in cause.
Women don't want to be the typical house wife anymore, not women in developed countries. Dividing relationship roles by gender is outdated.

And btw, what i'm saying is not comment to you, but those arguments are basically the ones gold diggers use... Basically the best looking females get the guy with the biggest salary and get to do nothing.

And btw, comparing humans no animals is a bit of a joke. You're comparing us to what we deem to be inferior.
Sorry, I'm not a spokesperson for 'all women' and I didn't just draw the topic from my head. I was watching a show called Married at First Sight and a guy on there said he wasn't afraid to be the 'man' in the relationshuip and that men were afraid to be real men. I agreed with him. I made this thread to open discussion. Nothing wrong with that.

Macewindex said:
Aren't you being a bit contradictory though?
Jan 30, 2018 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
Macewindex said:

No, they shouldn't.

Jan 30, 2018 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
Macewindex said:

So you're saying that women are weak ?

nope but it is know for males to biologically stronger then females.
Bambi said:
Nokkun said:

Sorry, I'm not a spokesperson for 'all women' and I didn't just draw the topic from my head. I was watching a show called Married at First Sight and a guy on there said he wasn't afraid to be the 'man' in the relationshuip and that men were afraid to be real men. I agreed with him. I made this thread to open discussion. Nothing wrong with that.

Macewindex said:
Aren't you being a bit contradictory though?

No, males could be more sensitive, or House husbands, but they should still be the protector of the relationship.
Jan 30, 2018 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Macewindex said:

No, they shouldn't.

Excuse me, I may have traditional views do to my native culture, but regardless of how strong man is, they should still protect the one they love.
Jan 30, 2018 8:22 AM

Jun 2014
Macewindex said:
Seiya said:

No, they shouldn't.

Excuse me, I may have traditional views do to my native culture, but regardless of how strong man is, they should still protect the one they love.

Lol, traditional views?

What country are you from?

Jan 30, 2018 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Macewindex said:

Lol, traditional views?

I am Native American, and I grow up with my tribe.
Jan 30, 2018 8:23 AM

Jun 2014
Macewindex said:
Seiya said:

Lol, traditional views?

That's impossible.

If that were the case, you wouldn't have access to the internet.

Jan 30, 2018 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Macewindex said:

That's impossible.

What logic are you going of, I lived in my tribes reservation where we had access to web for the longest time, or at least as long as I have been alive.
Jan 30, 2018 8:27 AM

Jun 2014
Macewindex said:
Seiya said:

That's impossible.

What logic are you going of, I lived in my tribes reservation where we had access to web for the longest time, or at least as long as I have been alive.

Lol, reservation?

You live a very backwards way of life.

Jan 30, 2018 8:30 AM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Macewindex said:

Lol, reservation?

You live a very backwards way of life.

The reservation may have been shit hole, but we always kept are culture, wich is more traditional way of living.
Jan 30, 2018 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
149597871 said:
Bambi said:

Two very bad arguments that go against each other. There are plenty of species in which the females are dominant. Besides I don't think animals are very familiar with the concept of gender. Yes, sure male human individuals probably have like 5% bigger muscles but women have plenty of qualities in which they are far superior to men. Besides you don't use muscles nowadays as much as people have used them in the past.

You are using biology as an argument but you lack the knowledge and information. I know that it's a lot easier for some women if the man does all the work while they can just spread their legs for 20 mins at night until he decides to give up and end his life once and for all. Believe me, I would also like being in a such relationship (where the roles are reversed of course) but we shouldn't let our laziness and personal fetishes get in the way of our rational thinking. Not to mention that you are just forcing your views on other people. I doubt many women (and also men) would agree with you.

How am I forcing my views onto other people? Anyone can have their opinion and express it?!?!
Jan 30, 2018 8:33 AM

Jun 2014
Bambi said:
149597871 said:

How am I forcing my views onto other people? Anyone can have their opinion and express it?!?!

You're basically saying that you think that men should be assertive, and women should submit, but not everyone are like that.

Jan 30, 2018 8:35 AM

Oct 2016

"Strong men create easy times and easy times generate weak men, but weak men create difficult times and difficult times generate strong men."
Jan 30, 2018 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
-Elegant- said:

"Strong men create easy times and easy times generate weak men, but weak men create difficult times and difficult times generate strong men."

That quote makes absolutely no sense.

Jan 30, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
@Seiya Yeah, that's my opinion... if I didn't want to hear other's I wouldn't have made the thread.
Jan 30, 2018 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
-Elegant- said:

It doesn't fit here, but I salute your try to be wanna intellectual.

Bambi said:
149597871 said:

You just avoided all arguments he/she made and went for the easy grab.
Great way to discuss a topic btw.
Jan 30, 2018 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
Bambi said:
@Seiya Yeah, that's my opinion... if I didn't want to hear other's I wouldn't have made the thread.

Well, your opinion just happens to be incorrect.

Jan 30, 2018 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Bambi said:

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
Jan 30, 2018 8:48 AM

Apr 2012
It's kinda hard to put men into little boxes though. Just to describe myself a bit.

Masculine traits

• I have a dominant and assertive personality.
  • I lift weights.
  • I like talking about butts and boobs.

Feminine traits

• I like cute things obviously.
  • I like listening to Katy Perry music.
  • I like baking, because I'm good at and can bake some tasty ass sweets.
Jan 30, 2018 8:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
mascarpone said:
It's kinda hard to put men into little boxes though. Just to describe myself a bit.

Masculine traits

• I lift weights.

Feminine traits

Ass sweets sounds lewd >~<

Pics please
Jan 30, 2018 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
mascarpone said:

Masculine traits

• I lift weights.

Feminine traits

A lot of chefs are actually male interestingly, but they seem to be dominate in the kitchen.
Jan 30, 2018 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
mascarpone said:

Masculine traits

• I lift weights.

Feminine traits

Ass sweets sounds lewd >~<

Pics please
Idiot! Pervert! :<

Enjoy~
Bambi said:
A lot of chefs are actually male interestingly, but they seem to be dominate in the kitchen.
I mean I can bark orders like a drill sergeant in the kitchen.
Jan 30, 2018 9:30 AM

Feb 2010
No people are just finally seeing how dumb the concept is.
Dracula was right
GrimAtramentFeb 2, 2018 9:32 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 30, 2018 9:36 AM

Feb 2016
Higher living Standards produce weaker men

Lower living Standards produce stronger men

In theory atleast.
Jan 30, 2018 11:13 AM

Dec 2015
In my opinion being Men doesn't mean Looking cool with great muscules everywhere and being macho .
But this how is our personality and Savoir Vivre ....
I saw alot of people really big with big muscules who can't move their ass to protect weaker or a women , who can't pass the women by doors or even give their own seat on bus or train even when a women is pregnant ..
You have to be like men , not look like .

"You can not live happily without living with dignity, morals and honesty."~~Epikur
Jan 30, 2018 12:03 PM

Jan 2016
Genitals doesn't mean anything. It's all in person's head. Ehh.
Jan 30, 2018 12:06 PM
Oct 2015
149597871 said:

Because gender roles are there by virtue. It's the order of nature.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Cleaning your room hurts the economy

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

16 by Longnines »»
4 minutes ago

» What are you doing right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Mayhem- - Dec 25, 2020

456 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - 8 hours ago

11 by JaniSIr »»
49 minutes ago

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

36 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» Do You Trust Anyone?

LenRea - Yesterday

24 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.