Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2015
I think people just don't like seeing their favorite characters die to be honest. This is also very common in Japan, I read somewhere once that fans of a series will literally boycott a series if a important or favorite character dies, so pretty much its just fanboys.
Dec 4, 2017 3:06 PM

Jul 2017
I don't hate it but why tatsume had to die?!
Dec 4, 2017 3:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Because its edgy and people don't like edge
Dec 4, 2017 3:29 PM

Oct 2017
Understanding the humor takes a bit of brainpower. Not something a lot of todays fans care to spare.

Personally I enjoyed the anime.
Dec 4, 2017 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
LightxKnight said:
but that was the best part of the show. the reason i have it in my favs.
Dec 4, 2017 9:18 PM

Aug 2014
I dont hate it but it lacks stuff on some aspect.
- Why harem? Okay maybe its not
- Some character are undeveloped which pretty much left them die right after, like what..? What happened?
- I guess it wont be a happy ending either way least do something to a conclusion of the series. Manga version did it better but oh well maybe i am salty because my ships arent sailing because its obvious that it is a killing story but hey Tatsumi married and have a kid, the other character that alive seen a better future than just die like that unexplained bla bla building a better place roll credits.

Tbh in a good story every action has consequences, every character had a background, every character had development, least but not last every story had a conclusion but least do it properly.
Dec 4, 2017 10:11 PM

Sep 2009
2edy4me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't mind something being edgy as long as it's purposeful outside of just for the sake of being edgy.
LordLagannDec 4, 2017 10:19 PM
Dec 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
They are too snobbish, they just hate it if something is not reaching their high expectations
Dec 6, 2017 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
I don't hate Akame ga Kill, matter of fact it's a 8/10 for me. However, I wished I could give it a higher rating but can't as it deviated way too far from the manga near the end.
Dec 7, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
ConstantDenial said:
LightxKnight said:
but that was the best part of the show. the reason i have it in my favs.

Did he deserved to die? Fdoes he even dies in the Manga
Dec 7, 2017 1:06 PM
May 2014
Bcuz ppl don't like it when characters die, and AKG fucking murdered the cast ;)
Dec 7, 2017 1:28 PM

Apr 2017
Most people say that The last episodes were the weak point of this show but that's wrong, the show was not good from the start.
Edgy battles that can't offer any thrill or suspense, they are just "in addition" scenes to make the show stand and seem like an action icon.

The characters were pretty pretentious and poorly written, the story is a copypasta and has nothing to show.

The developpment was dumb too, seems like the authors ran out of ideas so they just decided to end it as soon as possible.

The only postive thing I can say is that its animation is really nice and appealing.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 16, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2017
MC was a bit bland, but overall decent story. The soundtrack is amazing.
Jan 19, 2018 4:34 PM
May 2017
gabrielrroiz said:
MasterHavik said:
If you see my score I gave it a 7. I really wanted to give it a 9 but those last four episodes nearly destroyed me. It even had a very entraining dub too.

Anyway why does this series, not just the anime but the series in general get so much hate? I find it to be somewhat unjust and base off poor assumptions.

Many people I have seen thinks the show is trying to Game of Thrones. When my counter to that is," Uh....don't you like it in a shouen when no one is untouchable and anyone can die at any minute?" Granted Tatsumi did do an asspull near the end of the series. He even died...even if his death was bleh. I like how this show makes it clear what the stakes are and does a good job of flushing everyone out before killing them.

Another complaint I hear is people think the fanbase for this show just like it because of the blood and gore. Well....I think you already know my counter to that. I know the fanabse for this show is above that and we actually really like how they built the world gave us our two groups. It really made you care about everyone at the end of the day. They also caught the atmosphere of war really good really well showing how crazy people get during war.

Anyway what do you guys think? I don't think Akame Ga Kill is the best series ever but it is one of the few anime of the 2010s I'll put in my top 15 or 20 list if I did one for the 2010 year of anime.

Akame ga kill is from 2014 not 2010
Wtf man?
2010’s means 2010-20
Feb 6, 2018 8:28 AM
Jul 2017
probably because:

the worst thing is probably : the world building

--- we know nothing of the king of 1000 years ago, not even his bloody name for gods sake
---the capital is called the capital... REALLY...... WTF?????????
---we know nothing about tatsumis village, LITTERALLY NOTHING

1. the characters are not really well developed, they act like they are but they really are not
- Tatsumi is pretty lame, lets be honest
- Esdeath is treated more like moe than actual danger(still fun charcater though)

2. the characters seem to forget that their friends died , they make jokes 2 minutes
after they died

3. it tries to be a seinen but is a shounen

4. the character designs are so childish and over the top for an anime trying to be serious

5. Esdeaths love for Tatsumi was kinda weird, it was un organic AF
6. what was worse was Tatsumi and Mine

7. sometimes it feels like the deaths are so forced

8. what point does akame even have in the story, litterally no point at all just bc she can exist she exists

9. why does Leone like Tatsumi that much, bc plot reasons
Feb 6, 2018 8:29 AM
Jul 2017
Illyricus said:
The reason why Akame ga Kill is hated is mostly because fanboys hyped the shit of it before the airing of the show, calling the series a masterpiece, a mature, serious shonen very similar to Game of Thrones... when at the end it turned to be a decent at best shonen, with simple characters who dies like fodders for shock value, poor worldbuilding, without being mature at all (the comedy of the series is awful) and with a bullshit ending.

Was something similar to SAO, but on an smaller scale.

no see sao had some redeeming qualities you know
Mar 6, 2018 9:03 PM

Mar 2018
I don't see why people hate the ending. Is it because all the characters die off? or do they not like the ending in general. Personally I enjoyed the ending. While indeed I was actually sad after most of the characters died off after watching 24 episodes of them building a relationship with each other. I think that's what the purpose of the show was. It started off seeming simple but hit you hard when you find tatsumi's dead friends. Off the start the show tells you that there will be heartbreaks and even tatsumi learns that joining the night raid could mean death for everyone.
Mar 13, 2018 6:33 AM
Jul 2017
it has the worst world building i have ever seen its unreal how bad it is
Apr 9, 2018 4:59 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like this show could have been on the same level as Attack on Titan and Death Note (popularity wise) but the tragic timing of the comedy and power imbalance kind of killed it. The fights weren't even battles, it was just one character showing a big scary weapon, and then the other character showing an even bigger weapon, and then the other character pulling a Deus Ex Machina weapon out of their ass that could destroy the entire universe only to be later killed by something hysterically dumb like a fork.
Apr 9, 2018 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
I think it's because the characters are not very lucky.
Aug 8, 2018 12:11 AM
May 2018
Akame ga kill is a good anime but I think the reason why people hate the is because too many characters died
P.S I gave the anime a 9
Aug 16, 2018 5:05 AM

Mar 2018
Its because they kill off characters that has the potential to be a good character just because they want to force a dark tone for the series. The lack of character depth and development also makes you dont care about the deaths of the characters
Aug 16, 2018 9:42 PM

Aug 2018
I read the manga and I loved it
Aug 18, 2018 2:07 PM
Aug 2018
I personally dislike it because of it's shit-tier world-building, awkward direction, poor handling of character deaths, over the top edginess, poor editing, and the fact that Tatsumi is a terrible, boring lead.

I honestly wish I could like this show due to it's concept but all these issues are just to big to ignore.
Sep 11, 2018 4:01 AM
Dec 2014
1-Most of the fights are terrible
2-Boring slice of life
3- Bad comedy
Sep 11, 2018 4:08 AM

Jul 2017
Well, Akame ga Kill! relies heavily on surprises which most of the time is a hit or miss, the comedy was horrible and so are the slice of life components of it.
Nov 6, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
the show had something going for 20 episodes...then they went with an original (and awful) last four episodes and ending
but thats just me
Nov 9, 2021 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Prime example of popularity, and more specifically hype, backfiring and people not being able to handle an unconventional shonen series. All the hate has to do more so with the perception of what people think it stands for rather than its actual content and merit.

Also both the manga and anime are great. The author supervised the anime very closely, and both ends are supposed to serve as a bad and good akin to a Visual Novel as what the main intention was behind the series at first.
Dec 29, 2023 2:09 PM
May 2021
its mid as fuck. i feel like the author's writing process of akame ga kill was him thinking "is this how you write a story? i think this is how you write a story"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.