Nov 23, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2015

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1685582&show=100
Corvus8 said:
Who the fuck is digibro and how tight is his urethra
I fucking love u lmao

Kittens-kun said:
--ALEX-- said:

This would’ve been true for anyone just based on the title and actual actions of this “digibro” individual...

Digibro calls out YouTube Comment section....what?!

Yeah, ok...that’s instantly one of the dumbest things you can do on YouTube, regardless if you have a point or not.

The YT comment section is a cesspool 99% of the time. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. TotalBiscuit has disabled comments for a while, and he's doing just fine. People will be mad at first, of course. But once they get used to it, then what's the problem? Not everyone comments on every video, if they even comment at all. And not every comment they make is actually about the video or even worth reading.
TotalBiscuit, another of a person lul

And nah, it isn't shit 99% of the time, if the person is shit or lets it become that way is his own fault

Like someone else said in this thread, I also have my content tailored towards what I like, so.. I really don't remember the last time I got into a cancerous comment section in something I allow to stay in my home page :P

My reply to this whole thread (Btw so funny that I had to make popcorn, not to watch that video, I'd rather slay my ass before doing that lmao, /kill, to read the entire thread)

Sixteen Hundreds, Elizabethan era, exact year; 1599: Aaaah I don't like it when people throw cabbage, tomatoes, mud, shit, and an array of other things at me! Oh, I know, I'll build a place just for me, oh, and the price of admission will be the equivalent to 1 loaf of bread! But only to watch from an awful place,
you'll have to pay more if you want a decent humane spot that doesn't label you as a groundling :)

Early years of Youtube: Wow, a platform to make my own free to watch content with a community to interact!

Digifag digivolves tooo, digibrony hiding away in his own internet safe space 2017: Aaaah I don't like it when people throw shit at me in digital text pixels form! Oh, I know, I'll make my own website/safe haven/safe space where I can circle jerk!

This is hilariously fun
LVL1GoblinNov 23, 2017 1:41 PM
Nov 23, 2017 7:59 PM

Nov 2017
Pullman said:
the best thing about this thread is that the video isn't properly embedded so I don't have to see the thumbnail of his face :>.

I'm definitely against this tho. I don't want MAL to be flooded with people making threads about random videos by random youtubers nobody should give a shit about. I definitely want those discussions to stay right under the video where they belong and not pollute other communities. Turning everything into the youtube comment section seems just about the worst idea anyone could ever have.

This honestly. Not to be rude but that is what the comment section is for. To comment about the video. What is the point of making a thread here when people who equally care about the video you're talking about are in the comment section. You might have to sift through some garbage but it's not that bad.
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Nov 23, 2017 8:07 PM
Feb 2012
I wish he was hot. It would make everything so much easier.
Nov 23, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
@Soriki How is TB a shitty person? Plus, toxic comment sections are the fault of the creator? Wtf? That makes no sense. Besides disabling comments, there's really nothing they can do.

Nov 23, 2017 10:35 PM

Oct 2015
Kittens-kun said:
@Soriki How is TB a shitty person? Plus, toxic comment sections are the fault of the creator? Wtf? That makes no sense. Besides disabling comments, there's really nothing they can do.
Too long, don't wanna explain about TB and too lazy to, talk to everyone else who says so instead of me

Yes it does make sense.. Please, think about it.. It's not so hard to realize many reasons why... Cmon, it's not hard bro...

Nov 24, 2017 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Friendly reminder that Digibro doesn't actually really like some of the criticisms people actually give him more often than not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just like another certain YouTuber that didn't liked what I said to him and thought I was attacking him personally.
Nov 24, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
*rolleyes*
If you find yourself agreeing with Digibro more often than not, you should seriously question your ability to think properly.

If you don't want to, don't worry, it's fine. There's peoples out there who never really thought by themselves during their life and stiff found happiness and the like, so it's not like it's a lethal flaw.
Nov 24, 2017 6:50 AM

May 2015
Soriki said:
Kittens-kun said:
Too long, don't wanna explain about TB and too lazy to, talk to everyone else who says so instead of me

Yes it does make sense.. Please, think about it.. It's not so hard to realize many reasons why... Cmon, it's not hard bro...

No, it doesn't actually. Creators can't control what people comment.

Nov 24, 2017 6:51 AM

May 2015
Zefyris said:
*rolleyes*
If you find yourself agreeing with Digibro more often than not, you should seriously question your ability to think properly.

If you don't want to, don't worry, it's fine. There's peoples out there who never really thought by themselves during their life and stiff found happiness and the like, so it's not like it's a lethal flaw.

So if I like Digibro that means I'm a sheep?

Nov 24, 2017 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Zefyris said:
*rolleyes*

So if I like Digibro that means I'm a sheep?

You can like him without agreeing with him often. And by that, I don't mean agreeing with what he likes and dislike, but agreeing about his various opinions outside of that (like the video at the beginning of this thread), as well as the way he's arguing about what he likes and dislike.

So no, just liking him doesn't mean you're a sheep. But liking him never meant that you're agreeing with him, either ;).
Nov 24, 2017 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Soriki said:

No, it doesn't actually. Creators can't control what people comment.
Yes they can. Think about it please, I really shouldn't need to give you a lesson on this lol...Anyone should have the brain power to realize how content creators can so easily control what people comment

I mean cmon, seriously, are you even thinking about it? Taking a moment to sit down and think

"HEY, wait. Maybe this guy is right? Hmmmmmmmm, oh wait, yeah, he is!'

Instead of just plainly going like "Huh!? You're wrong!"

Cmon bruh lmao, think
Nov 24, 2017 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
He's right that it's weird that every media platform is becoming a social media platform, but it's also a way to draw a massive audience of people that can post their shitty opinion with no effort and that's what people like to do. I doubt youtube's goal is a platform for fine art, so while I agree with him, other people's desire to not give a shit means that every platform that hosts media will also provide an outlet to be stupid for free. It's unnecessary for every video streaming service to have a comments section, but it's not like I read them anyway so meh.

He wants to people to have to be good to be found, and for that to happen you need a platform where people have to give a shit to post. OP gave somewhat of a shit, he embedded the video and made a long post, doesn't necessarily mean it's super high quality but it's definitely better than comments section on various sights. As long as you have a low effort outlet, people are going to use it for their shit posts and you will always have those outlets especially on massive sights like YouTube, because most people don't want to put effort into things. Most people posting here clearly haven't watched the video or read the OP, but whatever, it's just proven by his point.
Dec 2, 2017 3:10 AM

Feb 2017
Comment sections 99% of the time are toxic, but I think we all know this dude is not dumb enough to move off of YT or disable the comment section
Dec 2, 2017 3:23 AM

Nov 2017
I skimmed through the thread and it's mostly people who didn't watch the video and people who have an opinion on Digibro rather than the video (which reinforces his point).

But yeah, he's right.
Dec 2, 2017 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
Is this the guy who made tons of videos about Asterisk being the worst thing ever since Hitler and Nazism, even though the series itself is just your seasonal generic battle academy show ?
loli_a_ravioliDec 2, 2017 3:30 AM
Dec 2, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2017
Digibro dropped a new video today, and the comments on r/anime are mostly about Digibro himself and condemning the video without having seen it. Digibro calls out the comments section? I can't imagine why.
Dec 2, 2017 6:32 AM

Sep 2017
Just a comment passing by...Don't mind me...
Dec 2, 2017 6:52 AM

Oct 2014
Saint_Nepunepu said:
Digibro dropped a new video today, and the comments on r/anime are mostly about Digibro himself and condemning the video without having seen it. Digibro calls out the comments section? I can't imagine why.

Well to be fair, that vid is like 1,5 hour long. Do you really want to listen to just a guy talking for that long?

Plus Digi linked towards that reddit so ppl could just go there without thinking things through.
Dec 2, 2017 6:55 AM

Nov 2017
Bourmegar said:
Well to be fair, that vid is like 1,5 hour long. Do you really want to listen to just a guy talking for that long?

I did listen to him talk for that long. If redditors don't want to watch the video then they shouldn't be commenting on it either.
Dec 2, 2017 7:28 PM

Oct 2014
Saint_Nepunepu said:
Bourmegar said:

I did listen to him talk for that long. If redditors don't want to watch the video then they shouldn't be commenting on it either.

True that, there should be an "Disable comments until watched fully/designated point" function on Youtube
Dec 2, 2017 8:14 PM

Feb 2015
Bourmegar said:
Saint_Nepunepu said:

True that, there should be an "Disable comments until watched fully/designated point" function on Youtube

People'd just skip to the end and comment anyway. One more click won't keep them from shitposting.
You could keep them from commenting if they've skipped at all, but that'd be brutal. Just imagine having a buffering problem, you skip 2-3seconds forward to refresh the buffering and bang, you need to start from 0 to be able to comment.

I agree with the thought though.
Dec 3, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2007
Didn't Digibro say that bootleg streaming sites (which have comments, afaik) offer better service and a better experience than every legal streaming site except Crunchyroll, which is the only legal service other than official YT channels that has comments? So his real stance seems to be: "Comments: good for thee, but not for me!"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Dec 3, 2017 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
Well if that's the case I don't want him making money off my views that seems fair.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Kyoto Animation Romance

CorayyAnime - 13 minutes ago

1 by Eleben »»
4 seconds ago

» WTF is the point of sexualizing male characters? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Mar 30

56 by Memore »»
14 minutes ago

» Best grey haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 4

6 by Soverign »»
20 minutes ago

» Best orange haired girl?

Spunkert - Jan 24

30 by Serafos »»
21 minutes ago

» does anime makes you perfectionist?

deg - 8 hours ago

12 by Rionada_Jackie »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.