Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2017 1:44 PM

Oct 2014
And considering the current score, it should either be under or should dethrone One Piece of its spot once the algorithm updates.

I'm so proud.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2016
Now you've done it, prepare for offensive of boost accounts from salty fags.
Oct 3, 2017 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
XD! I' sure it won't be a big deal. Not like ratings matter that much.
Oct 3, 2017 4:18 PM

Sep 2017
I am not too surprised.

Just make sure you "batter down the hatches" from the amount of "nice comments" that you're going to get.
GOOD LUCK!
(0_0)\
Oct 3, 2017 4:21 PM

Oct 2014
Eh, I don't give a shit.
Oct 3, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
holy crap made in abyss, one piece and grand blue are tied

AsuraDestructor said:
XD! I' sure it won't be a big deal. Not like ratings matter that much.

well it matters in the sense of helping the manga get more exposure.
Oct 3, 2017 5:36 PM

Mar 2016
Well fucking deserved if you ask me.
At this rate, only going to get higher.
Watch out Berserk!
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 3, 2017 5:44 PM

Aug 2016
This actually made me laugh. I´d like to see it over Berserk, just for the laughs, or at least over Oyasumi punpun. oh, the salt haha. and I like the 3 of them.
:v
Oct 3, 2017 6:48 PM

Jun 2015
Swagernator said:

It's manga scores. Not many people will care.
Oct 3, 2017 9:30 PM

Feb 2016
If MIA surpass One Piece, Holy shit the salt would be real ( grab popcorn )
Brb said:
Swagernator said:

Some people already getting salty ( Boku no Hero ), but yeah not many care about manga score.
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Oct 3, 2017 10:58 PM

Feb 2014
Nice, wonder if it can go any higher
Oct 3, 2017 11:15 PM
Jul 2018
And 20th Century Boys got out of Top 10. Damn lol. I'm going to read Made in Abyss now.
Oct 3, 2017 11:56 PM

Oct 2013
I've been having the anime on hold for a while, the sudden boost in ratings, must means something. Slowly watching the anime version, at episode 4, so far a decent series nothing out of the ordinary.
Oct 4, 2017 12:25 AM

Apr 2016
Brb said:

When it "dethrone" their favorite whatever then they start care.
Oct 4, 2017 4:53 AM

Aug 2012
As much as I like this series, Kingdom should be alot higher.
Oct 4, 2017 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
To be quite honest, it deserves it.
:3
Oct 4, 2017 5:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean I'd still say Kingdom and 20th CB are better than MiA but it's certainly very good too so I don't mind it passing them too much. Though if it's going to do that then I certainly hope it'll knock down One Piece a peg in the process as well
Oct 4, 2017 5:47 PM
Jun 2017
HaXXspetten said:
I mean I'd still say Kingdom and 20th CB are better than MiA but it's certainly very good too so I don't mind it passing them too much. Though if it's going to do that then I certainly hope it'll knock down One Piece a peg in the process as well

Looks like you might get your wish, it's sitting at 9.02 as I post this. We'll see if it can keep it.
Oct 4, 2017 11:38 PM

Jul 2015
What is the manga about? Been seeing it get popular but i know nothing about it, read a couple of pages but got tired and stopped. Should i read it?

Oct 5, 2017 1:21 AM

Jan 2015

Cthulhu_Senpai said:
What is the manga about? Been seeing it get popular but i know nothing about it, read a couple of pages but got tired and stopped. Should i read it?

The high score is not just there for reasons. You should see it yourself if you might like it
Oct 5, 2017 2:16 AM

Sep 2017
Cthulhu_Senpai said:

This is a trippy manga that is sort of all over the place and not what it seems at first. It is full of "wtf am i even reading" moments, as well as "wait, was this really the same manga from chapter x?"
Whether you should read it depends on what kind of genre you like. Your username seems to suggest you'd like it, as well as Junji Ito on your people list. This manga is so similar to Uzumaki many people are worried about it going for basically the same ending.

I'd say watch the anime first and then see if you like the setting and continue the manga from there. It's a great adaptation. The manga is kind of off-putting until you get hooked, and the first few chapters are ordered in a way that absolutely murders the pacing. Specifically, the first 3 and last 3 episodes of the anime are flat-out improvements over the manga, IMO.
-____________-Oct 5, 2017 2:26 AM
Oct 6, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2014
Now its above One Piece.

Didn't expect that, but i see salt incoming.
Oct 6, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Good good

Scientific Triumph
Oct 6, 2017 11:40 PM
Dec 2013
The rating just KEEPS going up!

it was like rank 10 a few days ago.
I'm really glad but it has to peter out as more people start reading.
There's no way it will maintain this ranking.
Oct 7, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2017
i kinda like it but i really don't think it deserves 7th place but meh just my opinion

Oct 7, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2017
vyktar said:
The rating just KEEPS going up!

it was like rank 10 a few days ago.
I'm really glad but it has to peter out as more people start reading.
There's no way it will maintain this ranking.

Yea that's always the case for everything everyone will just lose interest at some point and new ppl will start reading the manga and see how kinda overrated it is i'm pretty sure they'll give it a low score just because they didn't really found it gorgeous as they thought it'll be
AymafOct 7, 2017 11:38 AM

Oct 7, 2017 11:45 AM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
keragamming said:
I've been having the anime on hold for a while, the sudden boost in ratings, must means something. Slowly watching the anime version, at episode 4, so far a decent series nothing out of the ordinary.

Felt the same way through the first half of the season but everything take a massive turn during the second half, definitely worth watching all the way through.
Oct 7, 2017 2:14 PM

Feb 2016
Well if definitely deserves it. :)

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 8, 2017 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Well deserved, this is possibly the best dark fantasy manga in history, even way better and more consistent than Berserk. Hope MiA manga ends as soon as they reach the bottom so we won't see an unnecessary second coming of Berserk post-Golden Age.
Oct 8, 2017 2:49 PM
Sep 2016
Hmm, this manga looks interesting. I've been looking for something new to read. There definitely has to be a reason its so high in ratings.
Oct 9, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2015
AvihayAnimes said:

Kingdom would be a lot higher if people that drop it read more than 100 chapters :( everything from art to writing got so much better.
Oct 10, 2017 2:23 AM

Feb 2016
rizuxizu said:
AvihayAnimes said:

Kingdom would be a lot higher if people that drop it read more than 100 chapters :( everything from art to writing got so much better.

Kingdom only become something worth reading after 200+ chapters so to someone who doesn't have alot of time it's hard to invest in something that take a long time to get good.
Btw i prefer Made in Abyss over Kingdom but that just me
podetusOct 10, 2017 2:31 AM
Oct 10, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2017
The anime has risen in the ranks too and since the anime ended, its rank rose. Maybe because of the fans.
Oct 15, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2015
Lol I want to see it getting higher than Monster, Punpun and Utsuru Maria. That will bring a lot of hate for sure
Oct 15, 2017 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
podetus said:
rizuxizu said:

Kingdom only become something worth reading after 200+ chapters so to someone who doesn't have alot of time it's hard to invest in something that take a long time to get good.

That's totally not true, Bayou arc itself was a great read( that's where its popularity blossomed) and won over many fans, you don't see those types of arcs in manga, heck even the crap CG anime convinced most of the people for its excellent quality as that arc ended when it had a weak start. Also Kingdom has much better characters for sure but then again I consider it to be much better than MiA since Coalition arc which is considered one of the best arcs in the medium blows it away.

Mal has recency bias so yeah it's evident everywhere, most people don't even care. I can understand the hype here tho, an excellent adaptation, a dark fantasy which is appealing to people more than something like 20th cb, kingdom or vagabond, for the setting. Not to say the silly booster accounts which I just noticed lol(and it's there for every manga, but this is more active now).
removed-userOct 15, 2017 3:37 PM
Oct 15, 2017 4:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
sweet jesus now its tied with Monster, Oyasumi punpun and HakoMari
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 15, 2017 5:28 PM

Feb 2016
Pizzagun said:
podetus said:

That's totally not true, Bayou arc itself was a great read( that's where its popularity blossomed) and won over many fans, you don't see those types of arcs in manga, heck even the crap CG anime convinced most of the people for its excellent quality as that arc ended when it had a weak start. Also Kingdom has much better characters for sure but then again I consider it to be much better than MiA since Coalition arc which is considered one of the best arcs in the medium blows it away.

Mal has recency bias so yeah it's evident everywhere, most people don't even care. I can understand the hype here tho, an excellent adaptation, a dark fantasy which is appealing to people more than something like 20th cb, kingdom or vagabond, for the setting. Not to say the silly booster accounts which I just noticed lol(and it's there for every manga, but this is more active now).

To me, i didn't enjoy Kingdom as much as i was led to believe. Everyone called it a masterpiece but i certainly don't see it as such. Coalition was a great arc but i have seen better so i don't consider it's to be the medium best arc. I enjoy Imperial Guard more as a historical manga/novel but i quess it come down to preference.
Yeah, booster account are everywhere on MAL.

Now it's tied with PunPun, Monster ( If it surpass them, i can see people get salty )
Oct 15, 2017 6:03 PM

Nov 2016
podetus said:
Brb said:

Some people already getting salty ( Boku no Hero ), but yeah not many care about manga score.

Im A BNHA fan but I Can Aprecciate other works and This surely deserves its rating. Not like OTHER Things that have gotten to the top 10 "COUGH"Pingu"COUGH"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2014
Top 5 boys. We did it!
Oct 21, 2017 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
I think there is hope for it to be next to berserk.That would be so cool.
Oct 21, 2017 4:36 PM

Apr 2017
Xenocrisi said:
Lol I want to see it getting higher than Monster, Punpun and Utsuru Maria. That will bring a lot of hate for sure

Welp..look at it, it's higher than Monster

Oct 21, 2017 4:37 PM

Apr 2017
-KaneKo- said:
podetus said:

Im A BNHA fan but I Can Aprecciate other works and This surely deserves its rating. Not like OTHER Things that have gotten to the top 10 "COUGH"Pingu"COUGH"

that's just a joke score..don't take it too seriously

Oct 22, 2017 4:24 PM

Jul 2017
-KaneKo- said:

that's just a joke score..don't take it too seriously
now is in the 4# ajajjajajja
Oct 22, 2017 8:39 PM

May 2015
sothym said:
DatRandomDude said:
sweet jesus now its tied with Monster, Oyasumi punpun and HakoMari

Completely undeserving, MiA is turning into the Kimi no Na wa of manga, a slightly good product reaching top 10, oh well.

How is it undeserving exactly?

Oct 22, 2017 8:55 PM

May 2015
sothym said:
Kittens-kun said:

How is it undeserving exactly?

Duplicate accounts upvoting it and downvoting the rest of the manga for the most part.

That has nothing to do with the series though. The fault lies with the people. Plus, the upvote/downvote shit doesn't really happen for manga. Not a lot of people care about manga ratings. Hell, OP fanboys downvoting MiA is way more likely then the other way around.

Oct 22, 2017 9:29 PM

May 2015
sothym said:
Kittens-kun said:

That has nothing to do with the series though. The fault lies with the people. Plus, the upvote/downvote shit doesn't really happen for manga. Not a lot of people care about manga ratings. Hell, OP fanboys downvoting MiA is way more likely then the other way around.

MiA made it happen.

As for the manga, it's nothing impressive. The art is not exceptional, it gets the job done but that's about it, Riko and Reg are not interesting, Nanachi is what holds the series together.

Again, upvote and downvote squads are not the fault ofthe series itself. MiA didn't make anything happen. You can't say it's undeserving because of that.

Oct 23, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2017
sothym said:
Kittens-kun said:

MiA made it happen.

As for the manga, it's nothing impressive. The art is not exceptional, it gets the job done but that's about it, Riko and Reg are not interesting, Nanachi is what holds the series together.
if you sting, you scratch, Mia is life
Oct 23, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2017
sothym said:
Kittens-kun said:

MiA made it happen.

The story was the #1 reason that i love this manga
#2 best dad and #3 suffering

Riko seem fine for me but i didn't like her much, Reg get interesting since last arc and Nanachi is fine too but better than riko
Oct 23, 2017 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
sothym said:

MiA made it happen.

The story was the #1 reason that i love this manga
#2 best dad and #3 suffering

Riko seem fine for me but i didn't like her much, Reg get interesting since last arc and Nanachi is fine too but better than riko
i love riko, but my favourite character is nanachi too
Oct 23, 2017 9:42 AM

Sep 2017
So this thread is about another argument about ranks? Pfft. Lol
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best new gen series

XiongYifan - Feb 29

10 by Riot »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

24 by Artromex »»
Apr 13, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 40 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 7, 2017

12 by owennordness41 »»
Feb 26, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 66 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Jul 30, 2023

10 by WeLoveIs »»
Feb 21, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 51 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Mar 31, 2019

26 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.