Forum Settings
Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 17, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2014
It's the best Makoto Shinkai movie so far.

Does it deserve its place in the ranking? If it's a list of Shinkai movies, yes.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 18, 2017 5:03 PM

Jan 2016
4.8/10, was a minor drag to get through, a million loose plot threads (pun), sloppy storytelling. There was one lol funny scene that almost made it worth it. I don't mind if you liked it, but I do think I'm right. That said, I have seen so many mediocre anime at this point that I would rather be blind to their flaws and enjoy them than not be able to enjoy them. At least it had great animation.
hintoApr 18, 2017 5:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2017 1:53 AM
Feb 2017
It was enjoyable but a little predictable in the second half. I do believe that it needed more time to let the characters' personalities and relationships develop since the pacing and progression on their interactions didn't leave me as heavily invested by the end. A respectable 8/10 in my book though.
Apr 26, 2017 1:01 AM

Jul 2011
It's not slightly but highly overrated.

Despite brilliant animation/music/director work/etc.,
is has failed plot and characters, which eventually ruin everything.

5/10 for me.
Apr 26, 2017 11:14 AM
Jun 2015
5/10.... Story 4/10 art 8/10 sound 7/10 characters 1/10 . HIGHLY OVERRATED
The movie shouldn't be in the 100 top
Apr 27, 2017 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
It is and it's not slightly, I still gave it a 8 because it is indeed pretty damn good but come on now. I honestly think both 5cm per second and Garden of Words were better.
Apr 27, 2017 2:28 PM
Nov 2011
I didn't like it, maybe expected to much and got disappointed. It was just so predictable and unoriginal you could sum the movie up with couple sentences
May 3, 2017 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Not just "slightly" overrated, this is just straight-up not a good movie, but not a bad one either. Just slightly above an average movie. Therefore 6/10.

I didn't get any emotional feelings out of this movie at all. If the reason for this movie to be overrated because of makoto shinkai, then Kotoba no Niwa deserves it more because it's 10-folds better than this.
May 3, 2017 4:11 PM
Sep 2013
I don't think so. It's just a hot film that came out recently and everyone's talking about for the latest anime buzz. The film's popularity will wane over time.
May 8, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2015
I've just finished the movie. I understand why many people say it's a good movie, because it is. On the other hand, I wouldn't say it deserves the 1st place on MAL's list at all. I loved the ending of Shigatsu wa kimi no uso a lot more, which is similar.

It is unique (as much as a movie can be nowadays), it is full of emotions, and looks great. I think it could have been 10/10 if the story was a bit better. Or if it was a series perhaps.
May 8, 2017 10:07 AM
Mar 2017
Your Name.
imdb 8.6/10, top rated movie #102 so far(rising now)
rotten tomatoes 98%, average rating 8.2/10 so far(princess mononoke 8/10, spirited away 8.6/10)
the second highest grossing Japanese film all time
the highest grossing anime film globally

it is given very high score by many critics and audiences, which proves it is a masterpiece.

Your Name. is first anime film grossing 10billion yen,except for films directed by Hayao Miyazaki.
only two Japanese films are grossing over 20billion yen , Spirited Away and Your Name.
it is very very very and very difficult for Japanese film to gross over 10 billion yen in box office.
Can you understand the Japanese impact?

is it overrated? no. it objectively deserves#1 because it is the film for young adults( most of you are young adults, aren't you?)
Have you read major Your Name. reviews (Variety, Empire, LA times, daily telegraph and other reviews)?
personal #1 anime is different from person to person. MAL's #1 is not always your #1.
You can't think objectively? are you kids?
yshr0423May 8, 2017 10:15 AM
May 9, 2017 4:45 PM
Apr 2017
Definitely overrated. It has alot of elements that could have been better developed, primarily the romance between the leads since the entire plot hinges on them being so in love. But why? After a quick and amusing montage they are in love all of a sudden with almost no build up. Even if a bunch of stuff happened offscreen that drew them closer that's no excuse... You are supposed to show us that stuff so we care about their relationship. Plus, the time traveling body swapping brings up a pretty big plot hole. I think it would have been a better TV series with 12 or 13 episodes. I gave it a 7 because I did enjoy it, but I had a feeling it was over hyped and imho I was right.
Animepleb28May 9, 2017 4:58 PM
May 10, 2017 7:39 AM
Aug 2016
Apologies, but this is a long post. I wouldn't blame you if you skipped it. I'm assuming that you (the reader) have seen the film, otherwise there are SPOILERS in this post. I will block it, just in case.

Looking at its earnings in Japan ($235.3 million) versus the United States ($4.6 million), I believe that its success is proportionally appropriate. Aside from the fact that anime is more of a known and accepted medium in Japan, I believe that their recent history and culture better resonates with the film.

Full disclosure: I adored the film.
Either way, the fact that I was emotionally invested in the film means that I'm more willing to overlook/accept plot holes/conveniences than others.

Apologies for the long post. These are just my opinions and I look forward to reading any further ideas that agree or disagree with it.
May 11, 2017 4:27 PM

Sep 2015
Real question how did FMA B member and other let this movie to stay #1 on mal? and not reclaim the throne?

Even Gintama go taken down very fast when #1 on mal
Into the Internet!
May 12, 2017 8:55 PM
May 2017
It deserves a solid 9.

I am growing as old as fool liking more and more interesting romantic stories.

Hey, very very good anime. High quality art, characters as forgettable as you intent to forget them, gentle story.

Treasure feelings -- in the end, they are the only things you carry with you.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 15, 2017 10:17 AM
May 2017
If it's not dropping and it stays on top for a long time then it's not over rated. Most people loved it and gave it a 9 or 10 and there is nothing you can do
May 16, 2017 11:30 PM
May 2017
Well it kinda is for me. Not that I hate the movie. I really loved it for some good aspects of it like songs and phenomenal artwork/animation/design. The music are especially beautiful!

I'm not a hater, but the story/plot and characters didn't interest me. It's easy to make me cry over an anime, but this one just failed, despite its attempt with unexplained magic factor. It's a 7 or 8 at best for me; it doesn't deserve a 10. It's almost like 5cm per-second with good ending.
May 21, 2017 12:20 AM
Jun 2016
No, it is not. It beated Steins; Gate fair and square. We should just deal with it. hehehe
May 21, 2017 12:22 AM

Jun 2014
A little, yeah. Its good, but #1? Eh.
May 21, 2017 3:14 AM
Nov 2015
TriZen said:
Joms said:
Grossly overrated, I say. Shinkai Makoto is always like that.

Imo it's clearly the best Shinkai's film. Yes, it is not as good as majority of people says, but the film itself is really satisfying in many aspects, especially the visual direction and I left the cinema with a wonderful feeling. But the overrated discussion is pretty useless tbh, most people use the term overrated in order to bring down the anime they think does not deserve much praise not because the show itself is bad but because they don't like it as much as other people does.
Not even close, 5cm per second is easily the best Makoto Shinkai movie, this one felt like some cheesy romcom Hollywood would come up with.
May 21, 2017 4:54 AM

Sep 2014
Even though I rated it a 10, I feel like it is overated. Now I may not be making any sense here since I am also part of the problem, but that plot twist got to me. I watched Koe no Katachi and Kimi no Na wa on the same day, I also rated Koe no Katachi a 10, but after seeing that plot twist in Kimi no Na wa, I immediately thought it was better than Koe no Katachi. However, there are some elements that were severely lacking. The whole anime is based on these two individuals trying to find each other and when they finally do nothing happens? Defintely a let down, you could squeeze in 10 more minutes of romance there to properly complete the theme, or you could have put them in the credits either one would work. I still stand by my ten, but I also think it is overated.
May 25, 2017 9:44 AM

May 2008
idk i felt nothing while watching it BUT the art was nice to look at 6/10
May 28, 2017 8:04 AM
Jan 2017
Joms said:
TriZen said:

Imo it's clearly the best Shinkai's film. Yes, it is not as good as majority of people says, but the film itself is really satisfying in many aspects, especially the visual direction and I left the cinema with a wonderful feeling. But the overrated discussion is pretty useless tbh, most people use the term overrated in order to bring down the anime they think does not deserve much praise not because the show itself is bad but because they don't like it as much as other people does.

I don't know, but my definition of overrated is that the show doesn't actually deserve the acclaim, i know even you agree that it's not the best film despite what the people say.

Makoto Shinkai is actually mediocre in average, with Garden of Words his best because it is short and smooth. I haven't watched this film, but I'm always upset when the hype and praises did not reflect the films themselves. I hope it would be as good as GoW or even surmount its quality
then please say which film should deserve 1st place?
May 28, 2017 9:59 PM

Feb 2015
mrremon said:
Joms said:

I don't know, but my definition of overrated is that the show doesn't actually deserve the acclaim, i know even you agree that it's not the best film despite what the people say.

Makoto Shinkai is actually mediocre in average, with Garden of Words his best because it is short and smooth. I haven't watched this film, but I'm always upset when the hype and praises did not reflect the films themselves. I hope it would be as good as GoW or even surmount its quality
then please say which film should deserve 1st place?

Pretty much a necro, but meh

There are so many greater films, for instance Mind Game which is a great attempt on utilizing animation to an extent of innovation. The End of Evangelion is another top-notch epilogue for an interesting franchise, but when talking about stand alone films, we can all argue that Studio Ghibli produced the greatest films commercially till this film came out. However, gross sales doesn't necessarily mean it's better.
May 30, 2017 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
rate it 10/10 only for visuals, animation and overall quality. if you know any better anime in terms of quality that have been made recently let me know.
isn't it the whole point or rating to bring the top quality things to the top?
May 31, 2017 2:39 AM

Apr 2016
psycho said:
yes with a capital y

+1

Not bad but not that great. 7 is the number.
May 31, 2017 2:43 AM

Oct 2014
I'm surprised it's even in the top 100 on MAL. I really thought it wasn't great. Maybe just a bit above average?
Jun 3, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2015
I thought it was a very good movie, but by the end of it, it didn't feel like it was better than or even as good as the most stellar English movies I've seen. Nor did it have the same kind of magic that Miyazaki's films have. As a result, I've come to regard it as a very enjoyable movie, but not a particularly notable or revolutionary one. I'd happily watch it again, but I just can't say that it left a lasting impact on me.

Also, it seems kind of odd to me that both the movies and shows are on a single list. Comparing a 1.5 hour long movie to a 21+ hour long show (In the case of FMA:B) seems pointless. You might as well compare a poem to a series of novels or a short tune to a symphony. They may set out with similar goals, but they reach those goals in completely different ways.
Jun 3, 2017 1:09 PM

Sep 2016
no shutup, it's not :(
Jun 3, 2017 9:45 PM
Apr 2016
I found it way better than for example Koe no Katachi. Kimi no na wa made me cry real tears, I cried like a little pussy. I haven't cried on a movie for around 5 years so that's an achievement. I loved it. But I didn't rate it 10/10, it missed something which would make it a masterpiece. Still was a very good movie. I think 9,30 is actually too high, but it isn't that overrated. I haven't seen many people who would scream over how amazing it was either. I think Koe no Katachi is way more overrated.
Jun 3, 2017 11:26 PM

Sep 2016
That I can agree with
Jun 13, 2017 12:10 AM

May 2013
Nah, it's not.

Koe no Katachi, on the other hand, for some people to think it rivals this movie, now that's the definition of overrated.
Jun 14, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2010
Yes its very overrated but not a bad movie ,well everyone has their own opinion but for me i guess it was over hype from the fans then when i actually got a chance to watch it i sat through the whole movie wondering is this it,somethings missing it felt bland.
Jul 8, 2017 6:56 PM
Mar 2016
The movie is quite confusing. I mean it was enjoyable, but altogether it did miss what made a supernatural movie interesting. The main characters were not too flashy, but I would've liked a little more from them. This is not a bad thing, as I feel like both Taki and Mitsuha's character conveyed humanly traits. However, the time in the movie spent on exploring into the character's life was limited and leaves much to be said. The supernatural element was over taken by extreme amount of possible other world universes and such. I typically don't venture into too much time travel and it's core, but this movie certainly made the travel aspect (which I liked) kinda wonky and wobbly- if you know what I mean. I certainly didn't expect for the movie to have a different twist as I thought it would be about two teenagers who had to deal with gender issues but that thought completely diminished as I watched the movie. If you asked me whether the hype was real I guess I wouldn't really know.
Jul 9, 2017 7:36 AM

Jun 2016
It's overrated. MAL generally overrates most series and films, but even for MAL standards it shouldn't be rated higher than 8.5-9. It''s full of plot holes and only good thing is art. Concept isn't unique, characters aren't even good. It's 2-6/10 for people with objective judgement who rate with their brain. Most 10s come from people who watched it as their first or one of first anime, "cried in corner" and gave it 10.

Verdict: Overrated.
Jul 10, 2017 11:59 AM
Oct 2016
Deus said:
It's overrated. MAL generally overrates most series and films, but even for MAL standards it shouldn't be rated higher than 8.5-9. It''s full of plot holes and only good thing is art. Concept isn't unique, characters aren't even good. It's 2-6/10 for people with objective judgement who rate with their brain. Most 10s come from people who watched it as their first or one of first anime, "cried in corner" and gave it 10.

Verdict: Overrated.

I'll buck the trend here. I rated it a 9 but think its place above a 9 isn't deserved and agree. I know it seems like a contradiction but from what I've observed of quality vs. scoring accuracy it should be around an 8.5-9. I personally won't lower my score just to "bring it down to where I think it should be globally."

I also don't think it's objectively a 6 or lower - even by the most cynical and demanding of critics. It's beautifully animated, well paced - the story is easy to follow and knows where it's going. It's an interesting story with a very unique twist and yet the story doesn't lean on the twist as a central pillar to the plot. There are a good amount of layers to the story and very little fat. They pose problems and frustrations that have legitimate answers. "Why aren't they meeting up or calling each other?". People mention plot holes and I didn't see any and would love to hear/read about them because I think those people are greatly mistaken. There were more than a few plot-hole traps that were sealed up before the end.

It told as complex a story as you could as clear as you could in the time given to the film. It never felt rushed and I can only think of one or two technical criticisms. And - the story didn't grab me like it did others, the "feels" part of the story wasn't nearly as much of a hook for me than I know others fell into - but I don't score on feels. A score of 6 is absurd, a score of 7 I'd interpret as someone holding onto too many subjecive biases. I can see it being an 8 if the story totally did not speak to you at all, you thought it was boring and not for you or something - but even at that point from a purely academic position -the writing was not below an 8. The directing was even stronger and the animation matched that. Maybe the music was an 8, it didn't particularly move me- but it wasn't bad.

I think it's as "overrated" as it is score-wise because of just how solid its fundamental foundation is. It's a 9.something not because of how many 10's are being spammed, I think it's a 9.something because of how few "6/s" or below are being spammed. If you removed all the 10's and 1's from all anime I don't think it would move in its position where as other anime would shift because of the fanboyish nature of some shows. I don't think it should be #1 - but on a fundamental level I can't see what would take its place. Maybe wolf children. Eh, I still think it was better overall than wolf children even though wolf children spoke to me more.

Either way - Yes, it's overrated in core score, but not by much. Agree with the 8.5-9. I think you are seriously mad if you think it deserves a 6 or below... unless you believe in using your vote to drag it down to where you think it should be.
Jul 10, 2017 1:17 PM

Jun 2016
@Hamakami For MAL standards it shouldn't be higher than 9.

Also, it's no more than 6 for me, I don't say it should be rated 5/10 on MAL, it's just what I should've gave it if I decided to add it in my list. I have many reasons for that, I posted big comment but decided to delete it, so i'll explain it in short now.

I never give 10/10 because I don't ignore flaws and everything has at least one big flaw, I give 9/10 to shows that I like most. I automatically take away 1 score from romance genre, I rate concept and setting alongside story, characters and art/music. I don't ignore plot holes and illogical bullshit unless show is action focused or parody/comedy. There are shows more overrated than Your Name, so that's why I think it shouldn't be lower than 8.5 on MAL (look at re zero).

I'll not rate it more than 5 in my list because: I didn't like concept, I've heard better music, i've seen better characters and i've seen better setting. Art was good and that's 2 big points, story was medicore and had holes, characters were weak, setting was you guessed it, Japan. It was romance focused which is -1 for me.

I wouldn't rate it 2-4 personally because I have bad shows in this bracket.

Verdict: 5/10 if I had it in list and ignored its undeserved #1 spot on MAL.
Jul 10, 2017 1:28 PM
Oct 2016
Deus said:

Also, it's no more than 6 for me, I don't say it should be rated 5/10 on MAL, it's just what I should've gave it if I decided to add it in my list. I have many reasons for that, I posted big comment but decided to delete it, so i'll explain it in short now.

I never give 10/10 because I don't ignore flaws and everything has at least one big flaw, I give 9/10 to shows that I like most. I automatically take away 1 score from romance genre, I rate concept and setting alongside story, characters and art/music. I don't ignore plot holes and illogical bullshit unless show is action focused or parody/comedy. There are shows more overrated than Your Name, so that's why I think it shouldn't be lower than 8.5 on MAL (look at re zero).

I'll not rate it more than 5 in my list because: I didn't like concept, I've heard better music, i've seen better characters and i've seen better setting. Art was good and that's 2 big points, story was medicore and had holes, characters were weak, setting was you guessed it, Japan. It was romance focused which is -1 for me.

I disagree with a large part of how you score stuff - but especially docking something just for its genre. You seem surrounded by arbitrary biases but you say "would" and it's big of you to just not watch what you don't like (I avoid Sports anime personally)- but that's your prerogative. As a note, I wouldn't dock sports anime just for being in that genre.

One question though, you mention plot holes, can you recall an example of one?

Jul 10, 2017 3:17 PM

Jun 2016
Hamakami said:
Deus said:

I disagree with a large part of how you score stuff - but especially docking something just for its genre. You seem surrounded by arbitrary biases but you say "would" and it's big of you to just not watch what you don't like (I avoid Sports anime personally)- but that's your prerogative. As a note, I wouldn't dock sports anime just for being in that genre.

Nonexistence of calendars in their world. Think about it and you'll get it. I mean, what kind of idiot doesn't at least look at what year it is even once. I look at 2017 everytime I'm on tablet, pc or using phone unintentionally, or just do so,e year calculations, like how long ago certain battle ended, check news, etc... unless you live in a cave, you at least look at date once a day (or unless you're on holidays away from tech). That's one example.

Now regarding my rating system, sports anime is solely focused on sports and if you don't like you just avoid it. But most romance anime feature other elements too so I just give them a try but I still take away one point. Now about why I don't like romance, it's because i'm aromantic and cold hearted in general, it's not my piece of cake. I don't like ecchi also, because i'm asexual as well. It's how I work. Also, why should I avoid whatever I don't like? If everyone like me did it, romance anime would've had higher rating. Someone must compensate and decrease it, right? Because i'd rather watch and lowly rate it than see it in top 5 on every site.
Jul 11, 2017 1:03 AM
Oct 2016
Deus said:
Hamakami said:

Nonexistence of calendars in their world. Think about it and you'll get it. I mean, what kind of idiot doesn't at least look at what year it is even once. I look at 2017 everytime I'm on tablet, pc or using phone unintentionally, or just do so,e year calculations, like how long ago certain battle ended, check news, etc... unless you live in a cave, you at least look at date once a day (or unless you're on holidays away from tech). That's one example.

Now regarding my rating system, sports anime is solely focused on sports and if you don't like you just avoid it. But most romance anime feature other elements too so I just give them a try but I still take away one point. Now about why I don't like romance, it's because i'm aromantic and cold hearted in general, it's not my piece of cake. I don't like ecchi also, because i'm asexual as well. It's how I work. Also, why should I avoid whatever I don't like? If everyone like me did it, romance anime would've had higher rating. Someone must compensate and decrease it, right? Because i'd rather watch and lowly rate it than see it in top 5 on every site.

Thank you for the calendars example - I think it's a great one - I personally totally missed it, or rather, attributed it to them just being focused on other things. I can't say I would have picked up on it myself if I were in their shoes - I'm not sure. The restaurant job sort of brings it front and center - especially if it was as high-class as it was portrayed as.
Jul 17, 2017 2:19 PM
Jul 2017
I have to agree, kimi no na wa was a little more than slightly overrated, although it was a good show, it felt like the two MCs love was forced. For me, to become the number one anime movie on MAL, it should at least be somewhat relatable, and I can't understand how you fall in love with a person that you never met face to face and haven't had a proper conversation with, and that person was in your body. Doesn't make sense. the movie was good overall, but not good enough to be number one and this is just my opinion, I do not wish to get into an argument with anyone.
Jul 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2009
I came back to the anime page in hopes of a discussion and I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way...

Don't get me wrong, this movie was quite amazing. The art is out of this world and the messages about life are thought provoking, but the story itself was not as spectacular as the hype made it out to be (in terms of anime keep in mind, saving a whole city from a meteor is probably one of the greatest deeds someone could do). I feel like the movie only gets deep enough if I take out the time to analyze the words/feelings of the characters through my own perspective, hence my use of the term 'though provoking'. Also, I am not gonna lie, the 3 year time difference really messed me up and I couldn't follow the timeline well after that plot twist. If they weren't switching bodies at the same time how were they the same age, how did events even line up...my brain hurts trying to wrap my mind around it; gonna go look for an explanation online.

Lastly, I noticed a lot of people from all sorts of demographics (aka non-anime watchers) watched this movie and loved it, so I definitely think the #1 rating on the website is influenced by that. For people who watch anime on the regular, there's definitely discrepancies in what makes an anime outstanding versus "reallyyy good".
Jul 20, 2017 9:06 PM
Jan 2011
The visuals,emotions and music are always great for a Shinkai Makoto film.Which is why they get high ratings.But the plots aren't the best.
Jul 25, 2017 3:38 AM

Aug 2014
i would give it an 8 tbh , it wasn't that great but it was very good.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 27, 2017 8:21 AM

Jan 2016
I don't think it is overrated. It's a movie that suits diffrent people, from what I know teens love this movie so that explains alot. I'm 18 myself and gave this a 10 after putting alot of thinking into it.

I'd say it's the best teen romance kinda movie, but not the best anime movie of all time no. The music is amazing and so is the art. The story is engaging but not perfect but keeps me watching. The Taki and Mitsuhas daily life is really relatable honestly, except for the part about switching between bodies of course. I just think that so much work and love was put into this movie that it's easy to see.
Jul 27, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2016
Well the visuals and music were all amazing, but honestly they're mostly what makes up the love. The story had its problems, romance was a bit forced and characters weren't the best, but all the visuals and editing and all were still enough for me to give a 7. Good popcorn movie but it baffles me why people would prefer it to series like FMA+Brotherhood, NGE, LoGH, as well as movies like Spirited Away, Paprika, and GiTS

Jul 27, 2017 11:40 AM
Sep 2007
ITT, people with different standards and expectations argue with each other.

There's nothing wrong with watching a movie with only your head and analyzing technical distinctions, or watching with your gut and rating based on how it stirred your emotions. That said, people shouldn't force their standards on others.

I personally enjoyed it a lot, and would rate it about 8-8.5/10. I can overlook the plot holes because that was never really the basis of the film's message, which was about a love transcending time and space. I can understand if someone was too bothered by the holes to appreciate the emotional aspects, as I'm occasionally like that as well. And well, even the emotional parts' impact will vary from person to person based on their own experiences and their level of empathy.

So: Your mileage may vary.

I was pretty happy that the ending wasn't a rehash of 5cm per second, which is more of a sobering movie about the naivete and futility of first love and dwelling too long on the past. If I wanted an ending like that I'd just watch 5cm again, haha!

Tldr; ITT: Logic-focused viewers trashing the movie, emotive viewers getting offended, and a handful of dudes trolling/edgelording, and all trying to convince each other that their way is right.

What others think of the movie has no bearing on whether you enjoyed it or not, and that's the most important. Peace out!
Jul 27, 2017 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
yes, overrated. My gave it an 8
Jul 27, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2014
yeah i watched this drunk as fuck, and defintely enjoyed the experience, maybe seeing it in retrospective nothing about it, outside of gorugeous animation and lovely soundtrack really stands out to me
it is probably the most easily enjoyable and acessible shinkai work,so i understand why it has got such acclaim in the comunity though
Jul 27, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2016
I have to agree it is overrated. But its going down tho
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1387 by Hphone »»
Apr 23, 4:51 AM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.