Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 20, 2016 6:49 PM
Nov 2016
I really want to watch it because it sounds like it's a cool anime but I really hate watching subbed anime. Does anyone have any clue on whether it will be dubbed or should I just move on and forget about it?
Jan 2, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
DashieXCVII said:
I really want to watch it because it sounds like it's a cool anime but I really hate watching subbed anime. Does anyone have any clue on whether it will be dubbed or should I just move on and forget about it?

I prefer dubbed anime too and I haven't seen KonoSuba, but it doesn't look like it. I haven't seen any indication that this has been licensed and haven't seen any reports of a dub. According to some people who have watched it, KonoSuba would be pretty difficult to dub so I'm not expecting a dub any time soon. ;(
"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all."
Ecclesiastes 9:11 (NIV)
Jan 3, 2017 5:12 AM

Oct 2016
Due to popularity and such it will either be a long while or never. It was a great show but got overshadowed by other hype anime.
Jan 8, 2017 8:56 PM
Nov 2016
Most of the English voice actors have been doing it for years so saying that they lack experience is just plain ignorant.
As for the English voice actors not being able to express the proper emotions, unless there is some mysterious emotion that I cannot conceive then the Japanese voice actors have no edge over the English voice actors in this regard.
Also, let me make this clear, shrieking is not the same as squealing. The English voice actors shriek while the Japanese voice actors practically make it their mission to squeal at every given opportunity. That being said, I have no idea why you feel the need to argue over this. If you prefer to watch subbed anime then watch subbed anime, no one is going to stop you. Likewise I have no idea why people like you feel the need to bash dubs; if you don't like it then don't watch it. Simple as that, but there's no reason to diminish someone else's preferred method of viewing.

Now please, contribute to this thread or just leave. No one that will read this wants to hear about how much better you perceive yourself to be for enjoying subbed anime.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazJan 11, 2017 2:36 AM
Jan 18, 2017 8:18 PM

Apr 2013
Dubs suck watch it subbed, it's very well voice acted.
Jan 18, 2017 8:24 PM
Nov 2016
King_Oriax said:

We have a different view as to what "very well voice acted" means apparently.
Jan 19, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
DashieXCVII said:
King_Oriax said:

You're too lazy to read subs and that's okay but it is very well done and they all fit the characters well. You should check it out regardless of that fact that you hate subs. It probably won't be dubbed for quite a while and even then it'll probably be a really bad dub as it isn't that popular.
Jan 19, 2017 2:30 PM
Nov 2016
King_Oriax said:
DashieXCVII said:

You're too lazy to read subs and that's okay but it is very well done and they all fit the characters well. You should check it out regardless of that fact that you hate subs. It probably won't be dubbed for quite a while and even then it'll probably be a really bad dub as it isn't that popular.

Why does everyone always assume that people that prefer dubs are too lazy to read subtitles? Am I lazy? Sure, but that's not the reason I don't watch subbed anime. For me it's mostly the fact that I just prefer to be able to understand exactly what the character is saying rather than just associating them with subtitles. Then there's also the fact that I don't usually dedicate 100% of my attention to the show because I usually watch anime while I'm doing homework or just browsing the internet. Now that's not to say I won't watch subbed anime, but it has to at least have 1 season of a dub for me to be interested enough to do so (such as Zero no Tsukaima).
Jan 19, 2017 2:45 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Hopefully never. That'd be a terrible blight for an otherwise good series.

Jan 20, 2017 4:34 AM
Nov 2016
Lisbon said:

Why would it be a terrible thing? Having a dub release would do nothing to your precious subbed anime. Your statement makes absolutely no sense and makes you sound retarded for even typing such babble.
Jan 20, 2017 6:15 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
DashieXCVII said:
Lisbon said:

Why would it be a terrible thing? Having a dub release would do nothing to your precious subbed anime. Your statement makes absolutely no sense and makes you sound retarded for even typing such babble.

I want dubs to end so stupid threads like this stop being made. There isn't a single group of fans in this whole fandom who are more irritating to me - they constantly draw fire onto themselves in the dumbest of ways just to get mad at others, like you're doing now, and then later victimize the hell out of themselves because those terrible sub fans don't like what they like and are so cruel about it.

Less of those, less of what's happening right now. Sounds like a total victory for everyone to me.

Jan 20, 2017 6:20 AM
Nov 2016
Lisbon said:
DashieXCVII said:

I want dubs to end so stupid threads like this stop being made. There isn't a single group of fans in this whole fandom who are more irritating to me - they constantly draw fire onto themselves in the dumbest of ways just to get mad at others, like you're doing now, and then later victimize the hell out of themselves because those terrible sub fans don't like what they like and are so cruel about it.

Less of those, less of what's happening right now. Sounds like a total victory for everyone to me.

So lets go over the list. You CHOSE to read this thread. I haven't in any way drawn fire upon myself as you so claim. I haven't victimized myself once. You are a terrible and parasitic anime fan (not just a sub fan).

It seems as if you're upset because YOU made a decision to click a thread that you hold a personal grudge against. Face it, you came here to start trouble and by doing so made yourself look like a retarded jackass.
DashieXCVIIJan 20, 2017 6:24 AM
Jan 20, 2017 6:29 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
DashieXCVII said:
You CHOSE to read this thread.

In my defense, I kind of just started skimming whenever you started calling people retarded every other post, because I knew what to expect from there on out.

DashieXCVII said:
[I haven't in any way drawn fire upon myself as you so claim.

Making this thread

getting this mad with the responses

DashieXCVII said:
I haven't victimized myself once.

Not yet, but it's the typical behavior of a dub fan. Make a thread like this, people tell you things you don't want to hear, then get really mad and start spouting off angry nonsense, then later go elsewhere to a place where nobody can see you and complain about those awful sub fans being a meanie to you for liking dubs.

DashieXCVII said:
[It seems as if you're upset because YOU made a decision to click a thread that you hold a personal grudge against. Face it, you came here to start trouble and by doing so made yourself look like a retarded jackass.

I wouldn't say I'm that upset tbh

I'm mildly irritated at best, because I'm having to alt+tab out of a game I'm getting really into so I can justify your angry rantings with a response - and don't even think about calling a reply where the most logical point you've been making has just been saying things like "ur making yourself look like a retarded jackass!!!1" an actual argument. Nobody wins, I guess. Speaking of which, I'm going to get back to that game now. Bis dann.
ManabanJan 20, 2017 6:37 AM

Jan 20, 2017 6:39 AM
Nov 2016
Lisbon said:
DashieXCVII said:
You CHOSE to read this thread.

In my defense, I kind of just started skimming whenever you started calling people retarded every other post, because I knew what to expect from there on out.

DashieXCVII said:
[I haven't in any way drawn fire upon myself as you so claim.

Making this thread

getting this mad

DashieXCVII said:
I haven't victimized myself once.

Not yet, but it's the typical behavior of a dub fan. Make a thread like this, people tell you things you don't want to hear, then get really mad and start spouting off angry nonsense, then later go elsewhere to a place where nobody can see you and complain about those awful sub fans being a meanie to you for liking dubs.

DashieXCVII said:
[It seems as if you're upset because YOU made a decision to click a thread that you hold a personal grudge against. Face it, you came here to start trouble and by doing so made yourself look like a retarded jackass.

I wouldn't say I'm that upset tbh

I'm mildly irritated at best, because I'm having to alt+tab out of a game I'm getting really into so I can justify your angry rantings with a response. Nobody wins, I guess.

I think we need to clear up a few things. I've only called you retarded, and that is because everyone else wasn't a parasitic twat like you (I just call 'em as I see 'em).
Making this thread is not drawing fire upon myself, it's asking a community.
As for victimizing myself, I have not the time nor the desire to go elsewhere and voice my complaints. If I'm going to complain it's going to be to the person or people that cause the complaints in the first place.
One last thing, I'm not angry. My comments may come across as if they have some sort of hatred in them but they don't. I'm perfectly calm as I'm typing this out, but that doesn't mean I can't call you exactly what you are (or at least what you are currently being). And you are right, this is a nobody wins battle. You're not contributing anything to this thread and we're both wasting the other's time in a back and forth where neither party will change their minds. That being said, I'm willing to go on as long as you are.
DashieXCVIIJan 20, 2017 6:44 AM
Jan 20, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2016
There is still a chance for a dub version I think.Since it released on 2016 I think it still has a lot of time to be dubbed.And these days many dubs are being made so you can always hope.I was also a dub only watcher like you.But after sometime it's kinda annoying when a good anime doesn't get dubbed so then I started watching subbed anime.Tbh it only takes 3-4 series to get a hang of subs.Try it out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 2016
Lisbon said:
DashieXCVII said:

In other words "I want somthing to stop being made so my group of cancer can discriminate against people that we don't like and don't want to have what we got without being criticised for it." typical behavior of a elitist weeab. What needs to happen is the North American anime industry needs to go back to how it was before 2008 when somthing got licensed it got dubbed and before there were weeabs and before John Ledford bought out most dubbing companies and shut them down and changed his company's name to sentai filmworks and runs it to make sure as many popular anime as possible gets sub-only releases because he's a weeab lover and stays on his knees for them.
Jan 22, 2017 6:05 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Lcdude said:
In other words "I want somthing to stop being made so my group of cancer can discriminate against people that we don't like "

Exactly.

Lcdude said:
What needs to happen is the North American anime industry needs to go back to how it was before 2008 when somthing got licensed it got dubbed and before there were weeabs and before John Ledford bought out most dubbing companies and shut them down and changed his company's name to sentai filmworks and runs it to make sure as many popular anime as possible gets sub-only releases because he's a weeab lover and stays on his knees for them.

I should get his autograph sometime. Sounds like a swell fella tbh

May 8, 2017 1:24 PM
May 2017
https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/10131/winter-2017-anime-u-s-licenses-streaming-rights/3 Not sure about season 1; but S2 is due to be dubbed soon.

Secondly; after reading the entirety of this thread; Japanese is a complicated language; not easy to learn and to be honest, there is no reason to learn Japanese just to understand an original anime format. Sorry; but for a man that knows 5 languages; there has to be more reason than just Anime to learn a language. Sure many will agree.
May 20, 2017 8:58 PM
Aug 2012

Nope. That's just streaming rights. And crunchyroll too. Sadly, it doesn't mean anything. Unless we get actual confirmation, there's no guarantee.

As for the whole drama, it was pretty clear OP was being baited. Honestly, this whole thing is stupid-- like how the whole "your waifu is shit" is stupid. People are entitled to their own opinions. That goes for liking something as well. It's subjective. There is no right or wrong.

And by saying "English dub is shit! You are shit for liking it!" then you are automatically a moron; no matter how smart or intellectual you try to make yourself look like.

OP should've pretended that these trolls didn't exist. Trying to make idiots see reason and understand logic is a losing battle.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” --Mark Twain
Jun 2, 2017 9:00 AM

Jun 2015
Judging by how long it's been since this show aired, I predict that this will fall into the hands of Sentai Fuckeryworks.
Jun 2, 2017 9:57 AM

Dec 2015
That is the worst idea I have ever heard

Might as well go dub the Monogatari series if thats the case
Jun 24, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 2015
DashieXCVII said:
catullus said:
Dubbed anime is for those of lower intellect.

Hate subs? Sucks for you learn Japanese then. Wakataka?

Lower intellect? I'm sorry if I don't appreciate high pitched squealing every time a female character talks. The only time I watch subbed anime is if I mute it, but that really screws with the sound effects, if I could just mute the voices I would but since I am unable I will continue to enjoy dubbed anime instead.

I don't understand how idiotic people such as yourself can make claims such as "dubbed anime is for those of lower intellect." It makes absolutely no sense in the slightest. You're literally saying that if you watch a show in a language that you have no understanding of that it will make you more intelligent. It has no impact on your intellect whatsoever; it's just a way for people such as yourself to convince themselves that they have one redeemable quality where there are none.

THANK... Youuuu!
Jun 25, 2017 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
See, I love it when a show I really enjoy gets a dub, and this one would definitely not be an exception. At the same time, in this particular instance a dub would feel odd to me, simply because the Japanese VAs for the main characters (especially Kazuma) are absolutely perfect fits, and it's hard to imagine anyone else voicing them at this point (hell, I've come to associate the VAs of Kazuma and co with those characters now whenever I hear them, such is how well they fit the roles).

Simply put, a dub would be welcome but it would be much harder for me to adjust to it in this case than some other cases (for example, I adjusted to the Gosick dub very quickly despite how much I enjoyed the show in Japanese).
Sep 21, 2017 8:11 AM
Sep 2017
Dubbed anime rule I want to watch my anime not read it if I wanted to read I'll go get a book plus I like to understand what's said so stop going so aggressive at this guy
Ps any idea when it's getting dubbed lol
Dec 25, 2017 3:44 PM
Dec 2017
ok, I know its a very old thread but when reading through it I see cancer attitude of some people here and a very important argument which hasn't been raised against this crappy behaviour.

already covered by others:
first of calling others lazy because they don't prefer what you do is ridiculous and negative for the entire community.
secondly, i personally believe that it has Nothing to do with whether or not you feel "lazy" or not, but more to do with how you enjoy it the most, which is different for different people.

haven't been covered by others:
now Thirdly and MOST IMPORTANT;
dubs are a major boon for slow readers, personally, there are some subbed shows I have to pause every few seconds to read the subs, else I simply don't get to read what is said. imagine sitting through 24-51 episodes having to pause every 5-10 seconds to just be able to get the meaning of what is going on..
it is not fun.
now, this doesn't mean I am stupid, I got an AP and a BA degree in computer science, doing my masters right now and I got no issues at all here (top grades in most subjects).
but quick reading just isn't for me as I've got dyslexia; add that to my very heavy focus on visual stimulus and the subbed anime's are a real burden to get through.

now saying that people like me or people that for various other reasons have the same issue, shouldn't be allowed to enjoy anime with the sole reason for this that it offends your sense for the Art is beyond ridiculous and shows a complete lack of intelligence and empathy for that matter.
also, subs are just as much a change to the "art" as dubs, so if this is your argument and not just that you are an asshole, then learn the native language of the creators.
Jan 7, 2019 2:59 PM
Oct 2015
Crunchyroll announced the English dub today.
Jan 7, 2019 4:57 PM
Sep 2017
I’m so happy that this finally received an English dub. I didn’t think it would ever happen due to the fact that Crunchyroll and Funimation ended their partnership and I figured that would be the only way it would actually get one.
Jan 7, 2019 7:36 PM

May 2016
Hopefully this means we'll be getting a Blu-Ray soon... Although I don't know who will produce it now with the Funimation/Crunchyroll partnership dissolved.
Jan 8, 2019 3:16 AM
Jun 2017
OOF can't wait to see how cringy it'll be like every other Dub. Already giving me the shivers thinking about it.
Jan 8, 2019 5:33 AM
Dec 2018
I'm a sub and dub watcher but it's gonna be weird watching this in eng dub. For me, comedy anime are the hardest to dub bc it relies a lot on the delivery of the VAs. Also, the cast esp. Kazuma's VA did a lot of adlib in the series. I just hope they don't ruin Konosuba.
Jan 8, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
KonoSuba is one of those shows I cannot imagine being as good with dubs, the voice acting is just way too importat. I would recommend you to watch it with subs.
Jan 15, 2019 5:30 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
The dub released on Crunchyroll today, and it is fucking glorious! xD
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Jan 15, 2019 6:38 PM

Jan 2018
Watched a bit of the dub today. It's really meh. This post definitely stirred up the cancer between the sub vs dubs debate. Let people watch shows how they want ya goobers.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jan 18, 2019 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
TheOnlyMason22 said:
OOF can't wait to see how cringy it'll be like every other Dub. Already giving me the shivers thinking about it.

Could never be as cringy as the elite of the anime kingdom coming to threads about dubs thinking they are the hottest shit for watching subs. O dear edge lord show the light on these poor dubs viewers.

The dub is amazing btw
Jan 18, 2019 12:26 PM
Mar 2018
Grimzey said:

Could never be as cringy as the elite of the anime kingdom coming to threads about dubs thinking they are the hottest shit for watching subs. O dear edge lord show the light on these poor dubs viewers.

The dub is amazing btw

well, there are bad dubs that don't quite get the characters at all, like Zombieland Saga and the ones that are okay, but not thrilling like Land of The Lustrous. and there are also good ones, but why talk about them?
Apr 13, 2019 7:30 AM
Feb 2019
A dub has been released and it's on par or even better than the original. I usually have a pessimistic view on dubs (because most of the times they're not even trying to express the characters), but this one is truly amazing.
Jun 16, 2019 7:27 AM

Apr 2019
Manaban said:
DashieXCVII said:

So you're a cunt then? Cool.
Jun 16, 2019 7:30 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
lanadelslay said:
So you're a cunt then? Cool.

Part of me wants to look back on this years-old post and consider it cringey, because I kinda do, but at the same time there's always the part of me that relishes playing a villain and enjoys getting responses like this, so it's a tough choice tbh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

387 by S2P_cinephile »»
Apr 24, 12:46 PM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

17 by HenryLeo123 »»
Apr 24, 2:26 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2016

415 by HomelessWzrd »»
Apr 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.