Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you think?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 2, 2017 11:15 PM
Aug 2014
^I cried during Clannad AS (5 episodes straight).

I love anime that gets me emotional to the point where I start bawling lol. That means it was a good ass anime.
Jan 2, 2017 11:19 PM

Oct 2015
That face when nobody brings up Clannad/Clannad Afterstory. Like that shit had me bawling and biting my fucking fist as hard as possible XD
Jan 2, 2017 11:19 PM
Dec 2016
Saying that i cried during Your Lie in April would be an understatement. I was emotionally wrecked after watching that. Had to watch some sports to regain my pride
Jan 3, 2017 12:40 AM
Aug 2016
DKDomination said:
Saying that i cried during Your Lie in April would be an understatement. I was emotionally wrecked after watching that. Had to watch some sports to regain my pride
You know, I actually didn't even like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, so I didn't cry at all to it. :3
Jan 3, 2017 12:58 AM

Jan 2016
I cried in certain moments in Gurren Lagann.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJan 4, 2017 1:03 AM
Jan 3, 2017 1:55 AM

Dec 2014
I cried watching k-on and gakkogurashi

i think i have said it 4 or 5 times xd
Jan 3, 2017 2:11 AM

Jun 2016
I once thought crying in anime is absurd/weird.
Then I experience it myself while watching Clannad, YLIA.
So, the answer is, its okay to cry while watching anime.
Crying is a normal human emotion anyway, and no one should be ashamed on doing so.
Jan 3, 2017 2:48 AM

Sep 2016
The people who don't think it's normal or ridicule you for crying are indoctrinated by society, which is sad.

I myself, never cry while watching anime and I've seen some emotional ones like Clannad: After Story, Your Lie in April, Angel Beats! and Plastic Memories. Not because I didn't find them sad, but because external influences don't affect me much. It has to come from within. Certain situations in life bother me greatly. Even then, I rarely cry.

Jan 3, 2017 2:52 AM
Aug 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
The people who don't think it's normal or ridicule you for crying are indoctrinated by society, which is sad.

I myself, never cry while watching anime and I've seen some emotional ones like Clannad: After Story, Your Lie in April, Angel Beats! and Plastic Memories. Not because I didn't find them sad, but because external influences don't affect me much. It has to come from within. Certain situations in life bother me greatly. Even then, I rarely cry.
Well, cool. Not emo at all. I'm a passive aggressive s.o.b.
Jan 3, 2017 2:52 AM
Jan 2017
Pyravia said:
Prince said:
I've rewatched Fairy Tail 4 times and I only cried the first two times.
Crying about other shows is kinda pathetic since it doesn't have the emotional scenes like FT where everyone bonds together.
But if you like being a little bitch, then I guess you could cry..

I like to cry for some reason. My inner self might be a sadist? Who knows... I just like to cry intentionally while watching anime... Sometimes, it's unintentional. Mostly...
Same here, I enjoy the emotion. The 17th or 18th episode of Mushi-shi gets a single tear every time I watch it,and... The ending of assassination classroom always gets a few. They aren't tears of sadness, my heart is touched by those beautiful moments. Whereas you could burn a bag of puppies in front of me, and probably only get a "Well, hopefully they'll die quickly in there. :/"
Jan 3, 2017 2:56 AM
Jan 2017
HyperL said:
Pyravia said:
Oh really? Do you have examples of them? :P

The best example would be with the Assassin Classroom series that you're coincidentally currently watching. I gave the first season a 8/10 and was about to give the same score to the second season when a certain scene made me cry for like a minute. It was at that moment I just had to up my score by one, resulting in a 9/10.
I get their graduation song stuck in my head sometimes...
Jan 3, 2017 3:00 AM

Nov 2016
It's normal so don't worry about it. It just shows that we all love the medium. I cried buckets to Madoka Magica, Toradora, and Wolf Children.
Jan 3, 2017 4:07 AM
Aug 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
It's normal so don't worry about it. It just shows that we all love the medium. I cried buckets to Madoka Magica, Toradora, and Wolf Children.
Toradora? I didn't cry once to that! :O Wow. I wish I could, though.
Jan 3, 2017 4:54 AM

Feb 2016
Nope it's totally normal to cry while watching shows such as anohana. I cried a ton.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2017 5:05 AM

Sep 2016
the only time i ever cried watching cartoon is when i was like toddler watching winnie the pooh the movie when christopher robin is missing
tldr yes, you are a pussy
GangsterCatJan 3, 2017 5:09 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 3, 2017 5:12 AM

Dec 2016
Well, I'm very sensitive, so for me it's normal to cry while I'm watching some sad anime.
Jan 3, 2017 6:40 AM
Aug 2016
Sephyra said:
Well, I'm very sensitive, so for me it's normal to cry while I'm watching some sad anime.
I'm insensitive in the morning, but very sensitive in the night, strangely enough.
Jan 3, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2011
Never been one to cry to any fiction, though I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not a cryer in general. Didn't cry when shit happened in Shinsekai, didn't cry when shit happened in Lion King, didn't cry when my grandfather died. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head?
Jan 3, 2017 6:56 AM
Aug 2016
yhunata said:
Never been one to cry to any fiction, though I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not a cryer in general. Didn't cry when shit happened in Shinsekai, didn't cry when shit happened in Lion King, didn't cry when my grandfather died. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head?
Maybe.. Also, cool profile. :3 Actually, super cool. 3:
Jan 3, 2017 7:20 AM

Oct 2016
its normal, its a sign that you attached yourself emotionally to the anime and there is nothing much better method to watch and appreciate anime than that. First anime i cried to was Tasogare otome x amnesia then Anohana, pretty much all SOL anime (if its the graduation) and sad romance makes me pretty much sad. well i can say that crying is a choice, if i thought about the anime hard and tried to picture the sad endings , i think ill cry.
There's something in this world that no one has ever seen.
It's something kind and very sweet.
If people could see it, they would probably want it.
That's why the world hid it;
So that it wouldn't be so easy to find.
But someday, someone will definitely find it.
The one who is supposed to find it, will be the one to find it.
That's just how it is

Jan 3, 2017 7:22 AM
Aug 2016
x_amazing said:
its normal, its a sign that you attached yourself emotionally to the anime and there is nothing much better method to watch and appreciate anime than that. First anime i cried to was Tasogare otome x amnesia then Anohana, pretty much all SOL anime (if its the graduation) and sad romance makes me pretty much sad. well i can say that crying is a choice, if i thought about the anime hard and tried to picture the sad endings , i think ill cry.
I've reached a conclusion: The majority of people cries!
Jan 3, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2015
I cry because my OTPs won't become canon.

OT: I don't really cry (with tears), but anime can make me feel really sad. Like almost every episode of Mushishi made me feel like crying. On the other hand Angel beats didn't make me feel sad at all. It felt kinda forced to me.
Jan 3, 2017 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
Code Geass
Gintama
Hunter x Hunter 2011
always end up making me sad as f#ck :C
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2017 7:36 AM

Aug 2015
I didn't cry with anohana (though it was very sad, i just wasnt in the mood) but I've cried a lot watching anime. Almost with every sad endings. And sometimes even with happy ones.
Shinigamis only eat apples

Jan 3, 2017 7:46 AM
Nov 2016
if you don't cried in the final episode of ping pong the animation you've sold your soul.
Jan 3, 2017 8:01 AM

Jul 2016
Crying when watching anime is probably normal.
Just beware with
>ninja cutting onions lurking in every sad anime<
Jan 3, 2017 8:02 AM
Aug 2016
Yoshikawwa said:
if you don't cried in the final episode of ping pong the animation you've sold your soul.
I haven't watched it yet. Do not spoil anything, either.
Jan 3, 2017 8:09 AM
Jul 2016
I think that that crying to anime is normal because it shows that you realise what a certain character is going through and that you can understand their actions and consequences.

I cried:
Rewrite
Clannad & Clannad afterstory
Jan 3, 2017 8:11 AM
Aug 2016
RomainLaroze said:
I think that that crying to anime is normal because it shows that you realise what a certain character is going through and that you can understand the actions and consequences.

I cried:
Rewrite
Clannad & Clannad afterstory
It doesn't have to be a character. :P Other things, too.
Jan 3, 2017 8:20 AM
Nov 2016
Yes I cry when I'm watching a sad anime
Jan 3, 2017 8:30 AM

May 2016
I don't really think it's "wuzzy-like" since i was crying myself to sleep after watching the last episode of Angel Beat xD
Jan 3, 2017 8:45 AM

Oct 2016
x_amazing said:
This also was my first anime that made me cry. But just a little. I read somewhere about
I'm pretty sure I would've cried hard if I didn't know.
Jan 3, 2017 9:11 AM
Aug 2016
The_Otaku_Guy707 said:
x_amazing said:
This also was my first anime that made me cry. But just a little. I read somewhere about
I'm pretty sure I would've cried hard if I didn't know.
Wow! I nearly clicked it! Thank you so much for making the spoiler bar ^-^
Jan 3, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
i think its fine, but anohana? thats the only anime ive ever laughed at during a serious moment. I take anime very seriously.
removed-userJan 3, 2017 9:31 AM
Jan 3, 2017 9:22 AM
Aug 2015
cried when
in naruto happened
Jan 3, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
Pyravia said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
Toradora? I didn't cry once to that! :O Wow. I wish I could, though.

I know but I'm weird that way :P Just loved the kiss and when Taiga was forced to confess her feelings. Also I had major tears when Ryujis mum reunited with her parents.
Jan 3, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2016
I've cried at anime for both happiness and sadness. I think it's perfectly normal for a good anime to get you emotional enough to cry.
Jan 3, 2017 10:11 AM
Aug 2016
Codename_ZQ said:
I've cried at anime for both happiness and sadness. I think it's perfectly normal for a good anime to get you emotional enough to cry.
Thank you for not thinking I'm a wuzz :3 I love emotional anime.
Jan 3, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2015
It's normal, personally for me I cried at Clannad. That show actually made me feel really sad for weeks :P
Jan 3, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2016
Oh dude, thats my specialty.
If you don't cry, its trash

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jan 3, 2017 11:39 AM
May 2014
Fairy Tail gets me too man. So many great moments IMO
Jan 3, 2017 12:50 PM
Aug 2016
Garthox said:
Fairy Tail gets me too man. So many great moments IMO
I have not watched it yet, sorry. .3.
Jan 3, 2017 1:54 PM

Nov 2016
Wussy? Come on.
I cried so hard to Clannad and Plastic memories. > <
Jan 3, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2016
I cried buckets watching Tengen Toppa Gurrrn Lagann
Jan 3, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 2017
I cry very easily. I almost cried during Hetalia. So I think it is very normal.

"If anyone ever tells me it’s a mistake to have hope, well then, I’ll just tell them they’re wrong. And I’ll keep telling them until they believe, no matter how many times it takes!"
- Madoka Kaname

Jan 3, 2017 2:42 PM

Apr 2016
Suncokreten said:
Crying while watching anime is normal. It just means that you're more emotional than others or that you can relate to the characters really well. I have only cried while watching Clannad and it's my favourite anime.

Word! I'm actually rewatching Clannad (just finished S1) and it is doing it agian. Clannad is raping my feels, I knew what was coming, but still...

There are a few anime that literally made me cry and not just teary eyed, and Clannad is one of 'em. I guess it's just normal, I mean what is wrong with crying anyway? Surprisingly only anime make me cry tho...
Jan 3, 2017 3:30 PM
???

May 2014
i forgot the many times I have cried watching anime lol
the first one i have ever cried for was little buster refrain i was crying a river lmao

" a scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. i want to line the pieces up--yours and mine. "

Jan 3, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2014
Codename_ZQ said:

THIS !!!

Little Busters Refrain literally made me bawl my eyes out like a little kid would. Not ashamed of admitting it either.
Jan 3, 2017 5:26 PM

Dec 2015
I would say it's pretty normal to cry at something that makes you sad/happy.

I'm a tough guy so movies or cartoons don't really make me cry or something like that.
That says something about me though since I don't normally cry at the funerals of my family either.
But when my dog died a couple of months ago, I was depressed for like a whole week!
18-07-19

31-08-20
Jan 3, 2017 5:27 PM

Jun 2015
I only cry to anime... I try to cry while watching other movies and reading other books, but I can't. Maybe it's because anime makes it exaggerated?

I cried at "My Hero Academia" like a baby multiple times from the anime and manga, yet reading the book and watching the movie of "The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas" I didn't shed a tear. There's something obviously wrong with me.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» does anime makes you perfectionist?

deg - 54 minutes ago

8 by Merve2Love »»
1 minute ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

84 by HopiumAddict »»
6 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 4

81 by MakimaEnjoyer »»
18 minutes ago

» What are your thought on Ecchi anime?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

25 by traed »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » suspension of disbelief and difference between reality and fiction, or too much fiction can make you delusional

deg - 2 hours ago

15 by kusairo »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.