Forum Settings
Forums

What was your first anime, and who introduced you?

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Dec 28, 2016 2:04 AM
Jan 2015
I began watching anime without knowing it was anime. Just like a lot of people, it was Ranma, Cardcaptor Sakura, Beyblade, DB/DBZ/DBGT, Meitantei Conan, Sailor Moon..... These anime aired after school (16h00) back then.

My first subbed anime was Full Metal Panic. My older brother downloaded it in 2003
Dec 28, 2016 5:10 AM

Nov 2015
MiziTami said:
KiriZama said:

Do I even need to reply? Everything what you did, I did the same No i didnt watch it 15 times, i watched it 5 time oly.. You are the one who took my life away from me, and made me an otaku. Now I cant live without anime :')
shayed

Time to snipe you.

Detective Conan movie 69: The Master snipes his own Otaku 📽️📽️📽️📽️📽️😂

lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :')
Dec 28, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2016
My first anime was detective Conan. No one introduced me to anime, I discovered it by myself. After seeing Conan on Animax, I was entertained and started to watch other anime shows like yu-yu hakusho, ranma 1/2 etc. I searched about them online and got to know that they are called anime. Well, that's where my career in becoming an otaku started.
Dec 28, 2016 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
I found a Naruto's DVD and now I'm here.
Dec 28, 2016 6:53 AM
Aug 2015
BDZ when I was younger but the first one I conscientiously watched was SAO.
Dec 28, 2016 11:37 PM
Dec 2016
mine was samrurai x
was on the television
Dec 29, 2016 2:46 AM

Dec 2016
I like this question!
It takes me some minutes to remember which anime was the first of them all.
And I think it was Dragon Ball. Here in the Spanish television, when I was a kid, they usually put dragon ball, so as I was a little weird girl I loved to watch it.
But If I think about the person who somehow introduce me in the "anime world" was my big cousin. She was a total fan of all the videogames, mangas and animes. She is more than 10 years older than me, so when I was a kid I was like the little girl that you can teach whatever you like.
Right now I really apreciate the action of my cousin, she is amazing and I will be always greatful with her.
Dec 29, 2016 2:51 AM

Mar 2012
Other than childhood shows which I didn't know it will be Rosario Vampire.
Still remembered how many times I watched it back then.
Dec 29, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2016
My first anime was Hetalia Axis Powers.

My best friend in Facebook was like "watch this, you'll like it", at first I didn't wanted but I gave it a chance...

And now i'm here. :3
Dec 29, 2016 8:42 AM

Sep 2016
Death Note.
A friend who didn't know wth anime was but somehow downloaded it cause the name was interesting. Not introduced me to it but kinda just told me to try it and tell me if it was good
Dec 29, 2016 9:00 AM
Dec 2016
first time I saw anime is crayon shin-chan that's amazing anime ever on my opinion
Dec 29, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2014
Besides growing up watching tons of Pokemon, my first anime that I went into was Fullmetal Alchemist. Friend introduced me to it, and I've been enjoying anime since! :D
Dec 29, 2016 10:01 AM
Nov 2013
My first anime was Speed Racer, when it was airing on Cartoon Network during the 90's. For some reason I remember it was part of Toonami, but I can't find any sources online stating that it ever did, though I distinctively remember it being on there though. Did I know it was Anime at the time? I doubt it. I was like 5 or something.

Poké Mon was probably my second.
Sonic_EclipseDec 29, 2016 10:11 AM
Dec 29, 2016 4:05 PM
Dec 2016
Hellsing ultimate and I started to watch it because I watched a funnecessary parody and thought the actual thing might be good
Dec 29, 2016 4:27 PM

Mar 2008
The first fullmetal alchemist tv series. Nothing special, i just watched some episodes on tv and a few years later i searched for the complete version. I thought that animes were only about fights and friendship, only after a year i found MAL and friends to recommend me others genres.
Dec 29, 2016 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Mine was Sailor Moon.
I was little at the time and a friend who lived next door is the one who showed me the series and we would watch it together.
Dec 29, 2016 5:04 PM

Nov 2016
Sailor moon! I loved sailor moon as a kid and it used to air on tv every morning.

When I was 14 I had a crush on the new transfer student coming to my school, and he told me he watched Naruto. So obviously I also had to watch all of Naruto too. Thus it began.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Dec 29, 2016 10:55 PM
Apr 2016
Death note, unintentionally introduced by my mom and some random kid from her school.

So my mom is a high school teacher. One day, this kid was playing around with a death note in her class. So my mom took it on the spot, then this kid asked for the note back during lunch time. My mom asked him what the note is, and this kid just went on and on about it, he said he wanted to write some politician's name on the note but didn't know how to spell it and asked my mom for help. And my mom just spent the whole lunch break debating this kid whether it's right to kill people.

She told us this story at some family dinner, and then it reminded me that everybody was talking about this death note anime back in my high school many years ago. My mom's half-assed explanation of the death note kind of got me curious, so I thought I'd give it a go. I had absolutely no expectation from the start, but Death Note just completely blew my mind.

That's when I got hooked on anime, I started off just looking for anime like Death Note based on recommendations here and there, and then recommendations on those recommendations, slowly diverges to a variety of genre.

I think Death Note is a very unique anime, and I think I still haven't found that anime "like Death Note", but I've discovered many other great series in my search. So thanks mom and this random kid.

Also I'm an otaku now.
Dec 29, 2016 11:52 PM
Nov 2016
This.

Now Outlaw Star wasn't my "first" anime, but it was the first one that I had any interest in, other than Tenchi and DBZ. Outlaw Star really spoke to me though.
kukukachuDec 29, 2016 11:55 PM
Dec 30, 2016 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
The earliest anime i remember watching was Spirited Away. My dad bought a lot of Ghibli movies for my siblings and I when we were younger.
Dec 30, 2016 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
The very first anime I have watched was dragon ball when I was a kid.

But I have started watching anime more seriously this year, I was just bored at school, I had a friend who watched anime, I asked him for something to watch once when we had no lessons all day but still had to stay at school, he gave me a few, I chose code geass, started it that day and slowly started watching more anime he recommended me until a point where I started finding my anime myself.
Dec 30, 2016 12:07 AM
Dec 2012
Mayling said:
Sailor moon! I loved sailor moon as a kid and it used to air on tv every morning.

When I was 14 I had a crush on the new transfer student coming to my school, and he told me he watched Naruto. So obviously I also had to watch all of Naruto too. Thus it began.

Similar to me lmao. I was the only kid watching Naruto at my school and then a new transfer student came in and watched Naruto. And so we became best friends XD
Dec 30, 2016 12:15 AM
Aug 2016
Beyblade or Dragon Ball Z if I recall correctly. And nobody introduced me, it was just on TV one day and I watched it, got interested and here I am today.
Dec 30, 2016 2:12 AM

Dec 2011
The very first anime I ever saw would've been either Pokemon or DBZ on Cheez TV. The first anime I completed was the Slayers Motion Picture which my dad rented on VHS 15 or 16 years ago. I grew up watching Zoids and Transformers Armada on Toonami, but it wasn't until I was really getting into DBZ in my teen years that I also got into the medium as a whole.
Dec 30, 2016 2:40 AM

Apr 2016
Can't really remember since i was just a kid: Pokermon, Inuyasha, Naruto, Dragon Ball perhaps. But those show i just watched along side with Cartoon since i found them similar, didn't even know what anime was at that time.

But the first anime that make me know the concept of "anime" is OnePunch Man, my best friend introduced it to me but how ironic that he is not even an anime fan lol, he found it interesting since he loves workout (now this is SO "related"). But anyway ever since then i decided to pledge my allegiance to the Japanese 2D.
Dec 30, 2016 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
I introduced myself via the internet, and the first anime I watched in order and to completion was either Fullmetal Alchemist or Elfen Lied (excluding watching anime like Pokemon and Dragon Ball as a child).
Dec 30, 2016 3:09 AM
Jun 2016
Princess Lover OVA (wink wink) while I was doing some browsing on a very popular website (more winks) to satisfy my basic needs (winks so much that eyes start to hurt).
Dec 30, 2016 3:14 AM

Oct 2015
I was staying up late watching tv and this gorgeous blonde with charm and sweetness said some perverted line and I was obsessed. I later discovered it was trigun. And there was more. I started with manga and since my parents didn't let me watch tv (like even Disney) I relied on those with an anime here and there until I moved out and watched Wolf's Rain all in one sitting. I say middle school so 13 at the time.

And if you count Sailor moon (I don't) 4th grade. But it's more like a cartoon in anime style to me.
Dec 30, 2016 3:21 AM

Oct 2015
first anime was naruto i thought its the best and later i got to it was just a average there are anime better than it
Dec 30, 2016 3:42 AM
Oct 2016
Naruto lmao I was just a kid and it came on at night so I ended up watching it every now and then. That's how it always was; Sailor Moon, DBZ, Bleach, all of those! But I didn't watch it religiously or anything.

It wasn't until I was in high school when my boyfriend mentioned he wanted to start watching anime again. I decided to do so also to you know, have similar interests and what not and now here I am. 7 years later weebing out wondering where my life went lmao
Dec 30, 2016 3:44 AM
Sep 2015
Full moon wo shagashite.

my elementary school friend, who now we havent seen for about 10years plus. lol
Dec 30, 2016 5:26 AM
Jul 2016
Death Note, got introduced by a friend i met online.
Dec 30, 2016 5:41 AM

Nov 2014
I'm probably the only person to ever say this, but Free! was my first anime...

I mean, I was aware of shows like Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball Z, but I had always viewed them as childish and my perceptions of anime revolved around shows like that. When I stumbled upon news of Free! on the Internet, I thought it would be stupid and make for a good laugh on a Saturday night. And here I am three years later...
Dec 30, 2016 7:48 AM
Dec 2016
As for childhood shows it was either The Adventures of Nils Holgerson (https://myanimelist.net/anime/2151/Nils_no_Fushigi_na_Tabi) or Heidi of the Alps (https://myanimelist.net/anime/2225/Alps_no_Shoujo_Heidi), not sure which, the memory kinda blends together because I was like 4 at the time. I was actually pretty surprised when I learned that those shows were anime.

The show that actively made me start watching anime was Steins;Gate, I read a review that was praising it highly and binged the whole thing in a single day.
Dec 30, 2016 7:57 AM
May 2016
Pokemon, by the games, but that doesn't count.
I really got into anime recently - this May. My first REAL anime was Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui. I saw a picture from it on a local Reddit-like site and it instantly made me want me to watch it. So I did. Then, Fullmetal Alchemist, which was absolutely fantastic, but probably this is not interesting for you. I felt like writing about it though.
Dec 30, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
sometim3s said:
Mayling said:

Similar to me lmao. I was the only kid watching Naruto at my school and then a new transfer student came in and watched Naruto. And so we became best friends XD

Haha that's funny. Those transfer students xD
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Jan 15, 2017 8:04 AM
Nov 2016
OmegaSiets said:
Robotech.
Toonami.

I love Toonami! I think TOM is hot.

Anyway, Pokémon was my first anime, and my brother introduced it to me.
このしりきりだ!
Jan 15, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
My gateway anime to the community was Naruto Shippuden before it even hit 100 episodes. No one introduced me, I found it myself. When Naruto was ending on Cartoon Network, I was doing research on it and I somehow ended up finding the sequel to Naruto.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - May 9

90 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
55 seconds ago

» What is the least importan aspect of an anime?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

11 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Birthday gifts!!!

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

26 by creepylurker »»
21 minutes ago

» ⌛ How many of your top-10 fiction is anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Mar 27, 2022

101 by FanofAction »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you guys pretend to hate anime?

APolygons2 - 6 hours ago

23 by Dauphine »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.