Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 12, 2012 2:23 PM
Apr 2011
A lot of people look at One Piece and find the length of the show to be especially daunting. While 500+ is overwhelming, one could get through the show faster than they think, as there are many episodes that are arbitrary to the show. I wanted to make this guide to help people understand what happens, what's essential to watch, and what you can skip.

One Piece Watching Tips:
- It's a shounen, so episodes are paced faster because a lot of thing happen within the time slot and don't acquire a lot of thinking.
- Dub vs Sub: Whatever language you like. The Funimation dub is excellent, Colleen Clinkenbeard makes a great Luffy, Chris Sabat is badass as Zoro, Luci Christian encapsulates Nami perfectly, Sonny Strait (while sounds like Krillin from DBZ most of time) fit Usopp nicely, Eric Vale is smooth as Sanji, Brina Palencia is adorable as Chopper, and Stephanie Young is sexy as Nico Robin. Seriously, this dub makes up for the wrongdoings that 4Kids did to this show in the U.S.
- STAY AWAY FROM THE 4KIDS DUB! I don't even think you can find the 4Kids dub anywhere and if you do, burn it with fire.
- Going back to episodes being shorter than you think: I once had an episode where the first 8 mins was the Toei Animation logo, the minute and a half OP, and then a recap of last episode...This 500+ long series doesn't seem so long does it.

UPDATE: I've gotten messages over the years saying that people still use this guide. Thank you. I made this list when I was just a naive college kid. I still watch One Piece to this day because it's still my favorite anime. I made this to convince people to watch the show when the Big 3 was often in debate. To quote English Voice of Zoro, Chris Sabat (who also is Vegeta and Piccolo in DBZ), "One Piece is Dragon Ball on a boat". One Piece became Dragon Ball with way more depth and meaning to the action. I update this list when I'm bored, so if you're wondering why it doesn't get updated it is because....well....I have a life. Please keep enjoying One Piece. Support Funimation's acquisition of the series. Hell, try to even support to bring it back to Toonami after ratings fell and it had to leave the American TV spot. Support One Piece. One Piece is Love, One Piece is Life.

Alright so here we go from the very beginning.

Episodes:
1-30 (Romance Dawn, Orange Town, Syrup Village, and Baratie Arc): Of course you have to watch these arcs because these are the episodes where we are introduced to our main characters.

One Piece Movie 1: For the first movie, it's pretty good.

31-45 (The Arlong Park Arc): The first major arc in the franchise (and my personal favorite arc). If you didn't enjoy One Piece up to this point then this is the arc that will change your mind. Nami's backstory is tragic and showed me, at least, how brutal and dark this show will get.

46-47 (Buggy Filler Arc): I don't remember these episodes...SKIP

48-53 (Lougetown Arc): The thing about One Piece filler is that a lot of them are actually enjoyable, this one I liked, not to mention info about Usopp is revealed.

54-61 (Warship Island Arc): While this is a filler arc, I actually got feels from this arc. All I'm saying if you have a soft spot for pets, then you'll get feels.

One Piece Movie 2: This one is fun, worth a watch.

62-67 (The Reverse Mountain and Whiskey Peak Arc): The Reverse Mountain Arc maybe a small story but make sure you remember cause it's going to be important later. Whiskey Peak is where we meet the honorary Strawhat, Vivi.

68-69 (Coby and Helmeppo): Coby and Helmeppo train and get buff, there I saved you an hour.

70-78 (Little Garden Arc): This is where we get introduced to the One Piece lore that are the Giants.

79-91 (Drum Island Arc): This arc is where we are introduced the adorable Doctor of the Strawhat Crew, Tony Tony Chopper.

One Piece Movie 3: This one is good, not great but good.

92-135 (Alabasta Arc): The Second Major Arc in the franchise. The villain of this one is Crocodile and is probably the best of all of One Piece in the sense of how devious he is. This is an arc that you better watch. Not to mention this is where we meet Robin and Luffy's Brother Ace.

136-143 (Goat Island and Rainbow Mist Arc): These are two filler arcs which is up to the viewer whether to skip or not. On the one hand, it's an entertaining arc, but in terms of actual events, nothing really happens.

144-152 (The Jaya Arc): A lot of major character development happens in this arc, so definitely watch it.

One Piece Movie 4: This is where the quality of the movies start going from just good to very good and I mean very good.

153-195 (Skypiea Arc): The third major arc in the franchise. Honestly, my biggest problem about this arc is that while it's an important arc, I feel bad for it because minimal things are heard from again...yet.

One Piece Movie 5: This movie is a little confusing but it's still pretty damn good.

196-206 (The G-8 Arc): I like this filler arc, it was fun and has a lot of great moments.

207-219 (The Long Ring Long Land a.k.a. The Davy Back Fight Arc): This arc...while fun to watch...damn is Foxy an annoying villain.

220-224 (Ocean's Dream Arc): It's a filler, but it's not bad. In fact, it actually refreshes on the series at this point, so it's worth a watch.

One Piece Movie 6: This movie takes One Piece in a completely different direction. The story is dark by One Piece standards and the animation looks nothing like One Piece. So you would think that a movie like this would be the worst right.................it's my favorite of the One Piece movies. I seriously like the dark turn it takes and the animation while sloppy is unique. Not to mention, it's directed by Mamoru Hosoda (the director of Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). WATCH THIS MOVIE!

227-263(Water 7): Wait where's 225-226? It's Foxy Filler skip it. Anyway, Water 7 is where a lot major event happen and oddly enough it's not the major arc of the franchise. This is where we are introduced to Franky.

One Piece Movie 7: To me this the weakest of the One Piece movies, not to mention all the Gainaxing (TV Tropes look it up)

264-325 (Enies Lobby): This the fourth major arc in the franchise and the one where you will cry in this show the most. I'm not joking. Out of all the animes I have watched in my life, I have cried more in this arc than anything else. Another thing, there are FIVE recap episodes, automatic skip, and there Edo-Period episodes where One Piece is alternatively set in that period.

One Piece Movie 8: Don't bother, it's the Alabasta Arc with the updated art.

326-336 (Ice Hunter Arc): Eh, this arc is filler and is skippable. It's not bad, it's just meh. Do watch the Chopperman episode, that's funny.

337-381 (Thriller Bark): The fifth major arc (?). I can't really tell if this a major arc, I guess you can, but anyway this is where we are introduced to Brook. By the way, remember how I said remember the Reverse Mountain Arc ;)

One Piece Movie 9: Okay so this is a recap movie except with a twist. It retells the Drum Island arc except what if Franky, Robin, and the Thousand Sunny happened first.

382-384 (Spa Island Arc): This is a filler arc, which is the pool party arc and OH NO! FOXY!? DAMNIT! This filler is skippable.

385-421 (Sabody Archipelago and Amazon Lilly Arc): This arc is where everything changes.

426-One Piece Movie 10: Yes there are episodes that actually accompany this movie. People love this movie the best out of One Piece movies, yet while I love it too, Movie 6 is still my favorite, but that's just my taste. Definitely watch this one though.

422-489 (Impel Down and Marineford Arc): This is the sixth major arc in the franchise. Now in this arc, there are recap episodes which are skippable and their are also insight to what the other Strawhats are up to. I found the episodes with the other Strawhats to be skippable, because you get the idea of where they are and that's basically it for now with them. The real focus is on the Luffy in this arc.

One Piece Movie 11: This movie is the first of One Piece shown with full CGI animation. I thought I was going to hate it, but I actually had fun with it. Just shows how excellent One Piece is.

490-516 (Post Whitebeard War Arc): This arc is the bridge to the time skip. There is filler, but it's important filler, to which...I actually skipped. Honestly, it's backstory to Luffy and Ace, but it reveal THAT much, but there are some things that are important...I'll watch it again someday.

THE TIME SKIP!

517-522 (Return to Sabaody Arc): Ah yes, two years later. Luffy has a giant scar, Zoro lost an eye, Usopp got buff, Sanji has facial hair, Nami and Robin got bigger breasts (Didn't even think that was possible), Franky is even more of robot, Brook changed from classic to funk music, and Chopper...he's still adorable.

523-574 (Fishman Island Arc): The first major arc in the New World...This arc...is too damn long. Personally my least favorite arc in all of One Piece. No sense of camaraderie among the Strawhats and lack of any real stand out moments aside from Tank Franky. But there are a lot of important plot threads here.

Z's Ambition Arc and One Piece Film Z: You don't need to see the episodes for the movie, they're pretty pointless. However, One Piece Film Z is a great great movie. Debatably and possibly better than Strong World. Definitely worth a watch.

579-625 (Punk Hazard Arc): Punk Hazard, an island that is half engulfed in flames and the other half in a Blizzard apocalypse inhabited by the notorious Caesar Clown. This is very good arc. There's emotional depth not to mention more relevant characters here.

626-628 (Caeser Retrieveal Arc): Filler but honestly forgettable just go straight into...

629-746 (Dressrosa Arc): OH LORDY LORDY! What an emotional and unbelievable Arc this was. This arc is long but so worth it. So many emotions, actual fair use of the Strawhats. Amazing fights between them. Showing off abilities and new characters that you are bound to remember. This arc is popcorn fun and a pure example of the insanity and beauty of One Piece.

747-750 (Silver Mine Arc): I'll be honest, after Dressrosa, you don't really need to watch and neither did I. So take a break. You deserve it.

One Piece Film Gold: Doesn't have the emotional depth of One Piece Film Z, but if you ever asked me what One Piece is in a nutshell....it's this film. So much fun and genuine laughter to be had.

751-782 (Zou Island Arc): New characters and NEW SERIES CHANGING REVELATIONS truly makes this arc worth the watch. Though, I can't believe Oda decided to move into Furry Culture.

*And that's all I can talk about for now, I will most likely update this when more Arcs finish.
Nito-SanJan 24, 2018 6:39 PM
Nov 12, 2012 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
Jetman2021 said:
48-53 (Lougetown Arc): The thing about One Piece filler is that a lot of them are actually enjoyable, this one I liked, not to mention info about Usopp is revealed.

But this is far from being filler, isn't it? We get character development for Usopp, two important characters (Smoker and Tashigi) are introduced, and we have Luffy vs Buggy, with one of the most iconic scenes of the series:

Maybe the Sanji part is filler but I even doubt that.

The rest of the post till the point I have seen is pretty spot on.
Nov 12, 2012 3:11 PM

Nov 2010
Actually most of Loguetown is canon, check out the actual episode guide. And the stuff about Usopp, Oda wanted to have that story in the manga, but he wanted a certain part of the story to be chapter 100. So he got the animators to add it in instead(so it's basically not filler).

Put all the arc stuff in a spoiler, I think most people will be turned off by the size of your post than the number of episodes.

Don't forget to add that the dub is only at 250 something or whatever, that will influence people.

You also need to put in info about Pandaman. It's fun to watch out for him while watching it.

And the guide explains the plot impact of the arcs and certain characters, though with spoilers.

Same with the little stories of Buggy and Coby and Helmeppo, they were short stories in the manga, extended a little.
Nov 12, 2012 3:19 PM

Nov 2010
Why don't you just take this over to the biggest One Piece club, take down this thread, make one in there and get all the information and BBcode and everything else about watching One Piece(info, advice, reviews, stuff to help new watchiners) the way you want it before moving it to here, and then you can get it made into a sticky if it helps enough(just like LOGH has one).
Nov 12, 2012 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
Skip any dragged out shit, and you'll be fine - Essentialler Guide
End Zionazism
Nov 12, 2012 3:25 PM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:
That'd be like skipping the whole series, fast-forward works better imo, that's what I did in the war arc and in other arcs, it works well. Or just watch the re-caps, they're enough to understand everything.
Nov 12, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
Candor said:
Mikasa said:
That'd be like skipping the whole series, fast-forward works better imo, that's what I did in the war arc.

Yeah, fast-forward is what I meant. Skipping was for bleach lol
End Zionazism
Nov 12, 2012 3:27 PM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:
Candor said:
Mikasa said:
That'd be like skipping the whole series, fast-forward works better imo, that's what I did in the war arc.

Yeah, fast-forward is what I meant. Skipping was for bleach lol
Skipping works as well, in both cases, there's always re-caps.
Nov 12, 2012 3:28 PM

Mar 2012
Hahahaha, I got so bored during the Davy arc I couldn't even care for a recap. Just f*** it. Luckily landed right at the Aokiji entrance :boss
End Zionazism
Nov 12, 2012 3:34 PM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:
Hahahaha, I got so bored during the Davy arc I couldn't even care for a recap. Just f*** it. Luckily landed right at the Aokiji entrance :boss
I actually skipped Davy Back, so I guess skipping works as well, at some points, re-caps were my strategy for watching Fishmen Island. Aokiji's entrance was what got me into One Piece.
Nov 12, 2012 6:03 PM
Apr 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Actually most of Loguetown is canon, check out the actual episode guide. And the stuff about Usopp, Oda wanted to have that story in the manga, but he wanted a certain part of the story to be chapter 100. So he got the animators to add it in instead(so it's basically not filler).

Put all the arc stuff in a spoiler, I think most people will be turned off by the size of your post than the number of episodes.

Don't forget to add that the dub is only at 250 something or whatever, that will influence people.

You also need to put in info about Pandaman. It's fun to watch out for him while watching it.

And the guide explains the plot impact of the arcs and certain characters, though with spoilers.

Same with the little stories of Buggy and Coby and Helmeppo, they were short stories in the manga, extended a little.

I don't reveal anything that important do I?
Nov 12, 2012 6:35 PM

Nov 2010
Jetman2021 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

No I didn't say that at all, I was just mentioning that the guid reveals the important things of each arc(which you might want to include) though the site does have spoilers. So be sure not to put them in there.
Nov 12, 2012 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
Jetman2021 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

No I didn't say that at all, I was just mentioning that the guid reveals the important things of each arc(which you might want to include) though the site does have spoilers. So be sure not to put them in there.

The Saobody Archipelago and Amazon Lilly Arc part is definitely spoiler material, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 12, 2012 8:53 PM

Nov 2010
insan3soldiern said:

The Saobody Archipelago and Amazon Lilly Arc part is definitely spoiler material, though.
Yeah I don't think each arc should be listed, the wikia has all that without spoilers, because it only shows the episode names.
Mar 4, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2012
Hey? what about the Ova's and special's? Ive got a hard time finding the order to watch these.
Mar 4, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2010
johnyjohny said:
Hey? what about the Ova's and special's? Ive got a hard time finding the order to watch these.

I am basing this mostly off characters.

You can watch this after 19
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2385/One_Piece:_Jangos_Dance_Carnival

This is a remake with some cut scenes of the Arlong arc episodes 31 - 45.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15323/One_Piece:_Episode_of_Nami_-_Koukaishi_no_Namida_to_Nakama_no_Kizuna

You can watch these anytime after episode 140, but probably before episode 229 based on the members in the crew.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1238/One_Piece_Special:_Protect!_The_Last_Great_Performance
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1237/One_Piece_Special:_Open_Upon_the_Great_Sea!_A_Fathers_Huge_HUGE_Dream!/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2020/One_Piece_Special:_The_Detective_Memoirs_of_Chief_Straw_Hat_Luffy/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2386/One_Piece:_Dream_Soccer_King!
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2490/One_Piece:_Take_Aim!_The_Pirate_Baseball_King

These aired with episodes 279 - 283, so you can watch them near there. Though I think they might be in the anime too.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2680/One_Piece:_Straw_Hat_Theater

Any time after 381.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9999/One_Piece_3D:_Mugiwara_Chase
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12001/One_Piece_3D:_Gekisou!_Trap_Coaster (though good luck finding this one)

This is an alternate retelling of the beginning that Oda was thinking of, but it has characters from later on so like episode 382.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5252/One_Piece:_Romance_Dawn_Story/

This anytime after episode 516.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16239/One_Piece:_Episode_of_Luffy_-_Hand_Island_no_Bouken

This is a recap from the beginning to around episode 456, so around there or after there.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8171/One_Piece_Recap

This at like episode 575
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16468/One_Piece_Special:_Glorious_Island
Mar 4, 2013 10:13 AM

Nov 2012
Thank you so much
Mar 6, 2013 10:47 AM
Jun 2008
Great job guys. Threads like these deserve to be pinned.
Dec 7, 2015 9:26 PM
Dec 2015
A comment on watching the movies on time in which they may be set in the anime timeline: while the movies aren't overseen by Oda, the creators do try to add a timeline. The most obvious hint for movies (that aren't set in an alternate timeline or universe) is to pay attention to clothes. Nami is the easiest to match up, with her easily identifiable shirts. This will tell you when the movie would be set in the anime if they were canon. I noticed this when I watch the 4th movie, Dead End Adventure, and then later watched the Skypiea arc. If you use this method to line up the timeline, then I guess there's a mistake in this guide. At the end of the Skypiea arc, Nami is wearing her gray "EVIL" shirt, the same is seen at the beginning of Dead End Adventure. More evidence to that is at the end of Skypiea the Straw hats are surrounded by Marines, and are being chased at the beginning of Dead End Adventure. Yet in this guide, DEA is set before Skypiea. JS
Apr 6, 2016 12:27 AM
Apr 2016
this thread is awesome i've used it to watch upto movie 10 so far and its working great, the only thing is that before movie 10 you should watch episode 426~429 before the movie instead of just (426-One Piece Movie 10) nothing big just thought id add it in.. loving one piece so far

And thank you for the awesome guild :):):)
Jun 14, 2016 9:09 AM
May 2014
I'm adding on to this since it hasn't been updated. Going by the episode guide on the wiki.

626-628 (Caesar Retrieval Arc): A filler arc. I have nothing to say as I haven't got here yet.

629-746 (Dressrosa Arc): The longest arc in the anime so far. Lots of new characters are revealed from what little I've read of it. It's probably best to split it up into "Mini-Arcs" as detailed here. https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/4l2rsf/dressrosa_miniarcs/

747-750 (Silver Mine Arc): A filler arc. Tie in to film 13.

One Piece Film 13: Gold: The wiki lists it as happening after Silver Mine's episodes.
y2k890Jul 13, 2016 6:08 AM
Jul 13, 2016 6:11 AM
May 2014
The wiki lists Silver Mine as ending at episode 750 so I'm adding on.

751- (Zou Arc): Non-Filler. From what little I've read of manga spoilers for this arc and the next, it's very Sanji oriented. This arc also continues the cliffhanger from episode 662.
Jul 29, 2016 10:39 PM

Mar 2015
I've used this guide to help with when to watch the movies and all, but could you perhaps remove some of the spoilers that are rampant in your mini-summaries? Stuff like which new Straw Hat they meet and when they join, and the time skip, all kinda diminished the impact for me when I watched.

I literally had to try my best to only read the lines that I was at or take a really quick glimpse at the numbers in case I accidentally read something I didn't really want to.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 30, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2016
chekrdnickrs said:
I've used this guide to help with when to watch the movies and all, but could you perhaps remove some of the spoilers that are rampant in your mini-summaries? Stuff like which new Straw Hat they meet and when they join, and the time skip, all kinda diminished the impact for me when I watched.

I literally had to try my best to only read the lines that I was at or take a really quick glimpse at the numbers in case I accidentally read something I didn't really want to.

Here it is:
Movie 1 : watch after episode 30
Movie 2 : watch after episode 61
Movie 3 : watch after episode 91
Movie 4 : watch after episode 152
Movie 5 : watch after episode 195
Movie 6 : watch after episode 224
Movie 7 : watch after episode 263
Movie 8 : watch after episode 325
Movie 9 : watch after episode 381
Movie 10 : supposed to watch after episode 421, but episodes 426-429 are special episodes connected to the movie (not really connected to be honest, may watch the movie without watching this)
Movie 11 : watch after episode 489
Movie 12 : watch after episode 578
Movie 13 : watch after episode 750

For specials, better check IntroverTurtle's post few posts above.
Jul 30, 2016 6:07 AM

Mar 2015
otterman965 said:
chekrdnickrs said:

Here it is:
Movie 10 : supposed to watch after episode 421, but episodes 426-429 are special episodes connected to the movie (not really connected to be honest, may watch the movie without watching this)

Thanks, hope this will help those who are interested in the future.

I have already watched up to Movie 11 so I'm more or less in good stead.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Jul 2016
chekrdnickrs said:
otterman965 said:

Here it is:

Thanks, hope this will help those who are interested in the future.

I have already watched up to Movie 11 so I'm more or less in good stead.

Okay then. Someone else will need it.
Jun 29, 2017 2:38 PM
Aug 2016
Thanks for the update. This page is on my bookmarks bar, always checking for updates.

I'm now taking a break after Dressrosa arc, as you suggested.

Keep it up.
Jun 30, 2017 3:42 AM
Apr 2017
Jetman2021 said:
A lot of people look at One Piece and find the length of the show to be especially daunting. While 500+ is overwhelming, one could get through the show faster than they think, as there are many episodes that are arbitrary to the show. I wanted to make this guide to help people understand what happens, what's essential to watch, and what you can skip.

One Piece Watching Tips:
- It's a shounen, so episodes are paced faster because a lot of thing happen within the time slot and don't acquire a lot of thinking.
- Dub vs Sub: Whatever language you like. The Funimation dub is excellent, Colleen Clinkenbeard makes a great Luffy, Chris Sabat is badass as Zoro, Luci Christian encapsulates Nami perfectly, Sonny Strait (while sounds like Krillin from DBZ most of time) fit Usopp nicely, Eric Vale is smooth as Sanji, Brina Palencia is adorable as Chopper, and Stephanie Young is sexy as Nico Robin. Seriously, this dub makes up for the wrongdoings that 4Kids did to this show in the U.S.
- STAY AWAY FROM THE 4KIDS DUB! I don't even think you can find the 4Kids dub anywhere and if you do, burn it with fire.
- Going back to episodes being shorter than you think: I once had an episode where the first 8 mins was the Toei Animation logo, the minute and a half OP, and then a recap of last episode...This 500+ long series doesn't seem so long does it.

Episodes:
1-30 (Romance Dawn, Orange Town, Syrup Village, and Baratie Arc): Of course you have to watch these arcs because these are the episodes where we are introduced to our main characters.

31-45 (The Arlong Park Arc): The first major arc in the franchise (and my personal favorite arc). If you didn't enjoy One Piece up to this point then this is the arc that will change your mind. Nami's backstory is tragic and showed me, at least, how brutal and dark this show will get.

54-61 (Warship Island Arc): While this is a filler arc, I actually got feels from this arc. All I'm saying if you have a soft spot for pets, then you'll get feels.

62-67 (The Reverse Mountain and Whiskey Peak Arc): The Reverse Mountain Arc maybe a small story but make sure you remember cause it's going to be important later. Whiskey Peak is where we meet the honorary Strawhat, Vivi.

68-69 (Coby and Helmeppo): Coby and Helmeppo train and get buff, there I saved you an hour.

70-78 (Little Garden Arc): This is where we get introduced to the One Piece lore that are the Giants.

79-91 (Drum Island Arc): This arc is where we are introduced the adorable Doctor of the Strawhat Crew, Tony Tony Chopper.

92-135 (Alabasta Arc): The Second Major Arc in the franchise. The villain of this one is Crocodile and is probably the best of all of One Piece in the sense of how devious he is. This is an arc that you better watch. Not to mention this is where we meet Robin and Luffy's Brother Ace.

136-143 (Goat Island and Rainbow Mist Arc): These are two filler arcs which is up to the viewer whether to skip or not. On the one hand, it's an entertaining arc, but in terms of actual events, nothing really happens.

144-152 (The Jaya Arc): A lot of major character development happens in this arc, so definitely watch it.

One Piece Movie 4: This is where the quality of the movies start going from just good to very good and I mean very good.

153-195 (Skypiea Arc): The third major arc in the franchise. Honestly, my biggest problem about this arc is that while it's an important arc, I feel bad for it because minimal things are heard from again...yet.

One Piece Movie 5: This movie is a little confusing but it's still pretty damn good.

196-206 (The G-8 Arc): I like this filler arc, it was fun and has a lot of great moments.

207-219 (The Long Ring Long Land a.k.a. The Davy Back Fight Arc): This arc...while fun to watch...damn is Foxy an annoying villain.

220-224 (Ocean's Dream Arc): It's a filler, but it's not bad. In fact, it actually refreshes on the series at this point, so it's worth a watch.

One Piece Movie 6: This movie takes One Piece in a completely different direction. The story is dark by One Piece standards and the animation looks nothing like One Piece. So you would think that a movie like this would be the worst right.................it's my favorite of the One Piece movies. I seriously like the dark turn it takes and the animation while sloppy is unique. Not to mention, it's directed by Mamoru Hosoda (the director of Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time). WATCH THIS MOVIE!

227-263(Water 7): Wait where's 225-226? It's Foxy Filler skip it. Anyway, Water 7 is where a lot major event happen and oddly enough it's not the major arc of the franchise. This is where we are introduced to Franky.

One Piece Movie 7: To me this the weakest of the One Piece movies, not to mention all the Gainaxing (TV Tropes look it up)

264-325 (Enies Lobby): This the fourth major arc in the franchise and the one where you will cry in this show the most. I'm not joking. Out of all the animes I have watched in my life, I have cried more in this arc than anything else. Another thing, there are FIVE recap episodes, automatic skip, and there Edo-Period episodes where One Piece is alternatively set in that period.

326-336 (Ice Hunter Arc): Eh, this arc is filler and is skippable. It's not bad, it's just meh. Do watch the Chopperman episode, that's funny.

337-381 (Thriller Bark): The fifth major arc (?). I can't really tell if this a major arc, I guess you can, but anyway this is where we are introduced to Brook. By the way, remember how I said remember the Reverse Mountain Arc ;)

One Piece Movie 9: Okay so this is a recap movie except with a twist. It retells the Drum Island arc except what if Franky, Robin, and the Thousand Sunny happened first.

382-384 (Spa Island Arc): This is a filler arc, which is the pool party arc and OH NO! FOXY!? DAMNIT! This filler is skippable.

385-421 (Sabody Archipelago and Amazon Lilly Arc): This arc is where everything changes.

426-One Piece Movie 10: Yes there are episodes that actually accompany this movie. People love this movie the best out of One Piece movies, yet while I love it too, Movie 6 is still my favorite, but that's just my taste. Definitely watch this one though.

422-489 (Impel Down and Marineford Arc): This is the sixth major arc in the franchise. Now in this arc, there are recap episodes which are skippable and their are also insight to what the other Strawhats are up to. I found the episodes with the other Strawhats to be skippable, because you get the idea of where they are and that's basically it for now with them. The real focus is on the Luffy in this arc.

One Piece Movie 11: This movie is the first of One Piece shown with full CGI animation. I thought I was going to hate it, but I actually had fun with it. Just shows how excellent One Piece is.

490-516 (Post Whitebeard War Arc): This arc is the bridge to the time skip. There is filler, but it's important filler, to which...I actually skipped. Honestly, it's backstory to Luffy and Ace, but it reveal THAT much, but there are some things that are important...I'll watch it again someday.

THE TIME SKIP!

517-522 (Return to Sabaody Arc): Ah yes, two years later. Luffy has a giant scar, Zoro lost an eye, Usopp got buff, Sanji has facial hair, Nami and Robin got bigger breasts (Didn't even think that was possible), Franky is even more of robot, Brook changed from classic to funk music, and Chopper...he's still adorable.

523-574 (Fishman Island Arc): The first major arc in the New World...This arc...is too damn long. Personally my least favorite arc in all of One Piece. No sense of camaraderie among the Strawhats and lack of any real stand out moments aside from Tank Franky. But there are a lot of important plot threads here.

Z's Ambition Arc and One Piece Film Z: You don't need to see the episodes for the movie, they're pretty pointless. However, One Piece Film Z is a great great movie. Debatably and possibly better than Strong World. Definitely worth a watch.

579-625 (Punk Hazard Arc): Punk Hazard, an island that is half engulfed in flames and the other half in a Blizzard apocalypse inhabited by the notorious Caesar Clown. This is very good arc. There's emotional depth not to mention more relevant characters here.

626-628 (Caeser Retrieveal Arc): Filler but honestly forgettable just go straight into...

629-746 (Dressrosa Arc): OH LORDY LORDY! What an emotional and unbelievable Arc this was. This arc is long but so worth it. So many emotions, actual fair use of the Strawhats. Amazing fights between them. Showing off abilities and new characters that you are bound to remember. This arc is popcorn fun and a pure example of the insanity and beauty of One Piece.

747-750 (Silver Mine Arc): I'll be honest, after Dressrosa, you don't really need to watch and neither did I. So take a break. You deserve it.

One Piece Film Gold: Doesn't have the emotional depth of One Piece Film Z, but if you ever asked me what One Piece is in a nutshell....it's this film. So much fun and genuine laughter to be had.

751-782 (Zou Island Arc): New characters and NEW SERIES CHANGING REVELATIONS truly makes this arc worth the watch. Though, I can't believe Oda decided to move into Furry Culture.

*And that's all I can talk about for now, I will most likely update this when more Arcs finish.

I disagree with skypiea ,thriller bark and fishman island arc

Skypiea arc ----- one of the best arc in one piece with the best world building along with the one of the best villain and story ( and that flashback tho )

Thrillers bark --- for me,this is the funniest arc in one piece.i love the arc design and straw hats comradeship in this arc and I guess this is the first time they fought together against one villain.i like everything about this arc

Fishman island - this arc is better than punk hazard .the flashback showing us the racism theme of the Arc and the villain who started hating humans in the influence of his own racist society.not to mention ,the major power up of the straw hats and information about the world.yea I admit that villains were scrubs

Ppl should stop watching anime after timeskip and should read the manga instead imo.
Sep 16, 2018 11:57 AM
Apr 2011
Hey OP! Just wanted to post that I've been using your guide to get my girl to watch one piece, and it's been great :) ty
Sep 11, 2019 2:59 AM
May 2019
Jetman2021 said:

One Piece Watching Tips:

UPDATE: I've gotten messages over the years saying that people still use this guide. Thank you. I made this list when I was just a naive college kid. I still watch One Piece to this day because it's still my favorite anime. I made this to convince people to watch the show when the Big 3 was often in debate. To quote English Voice of Zoro, Chris Sabat (who also is Vegeta and Piccolo in DBZ), "One Piece is Dragon Ball on a boat". One Piece became Dragon Ball with way more depth and meaning to the action. I update this list when I'm bored, so if you're wondering why it doesn't get updated it is because....well....I have a life. Please keep enjoying One Piece. Support Funimation's acquisition of the series. Hell, try to even support to bring it back to Toonami after ratings fell and it had to leave the American TV spot. Support One Piece. One Piece is Love, One Piece is Life.

Episodes:

THE TIME SKIP!

When will you give next update
Nov 11, 2019 4:57 PM
Nov 2019
If you want to see One Piece avoiding filling. I recommend this website, it is very specific and precise. You can also see the chronological order. It is also divided by arcs or seasons:

One Piece Filler List
Apr 24, 2020 5:01 PM
Apr 2020
Do you NEED to watch the movies in order to know everything, or do i not have to?
Apr 25, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2014
FrostedSapphire said:
Do you NEED to watch the movies in order to know everything, or do i not have to?

It is not necessary.

Though some movies include canon characters which the anime doesn't really cover such as Shiki in One Piece: Strong World and complementary development to the marine amirals in One Piece: Z.

That is still completely optional and if you intent to watch the most recent movies (10+), wait at least until the time-skip otherwise you would get spoiled a lot.
Apr 26, 2020 10:19 AM
Apr 2020
thank you lol, i will do just that
Aug 28, 2021 7:18 AM
Aug 2021
I have created a new blog in which you guys can find out everything related to anime https://complextime.com/
Jan 29, 2023 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
Just finished the guide thank you for your work still being appreciated after all these years.
Mar 12, 2023 9:50 PM
Jan 2021
[font="Anaheim, \"Helvetica Neue\", \"Lucida Grande\", \"Segoe UI\", Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif"]Golang Development Company to build Robust, Secure & Scalable Cloud-native Solutions. Try our IT Staff Augmentation Services[/font]

Apr 2, 2023 11:46 AM
Jan 2022
Just finished the guide; thank you for your continued hard work being recognised all these years later. Digital Guest Writers

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

476 by kappaisnew »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

54 by LadyLeeMing »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.