Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v2

New
Feb 16, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2010
Modelled off of the anime topic of similar name, you can post here if you have a picture or vague memory of a manga or manga character but don't know its title or name, and we will try to help you out.

Please only post here if you need help or can contribute to the picture/description in question. The aim of this topic is to help people, so please everyone, let's respect that :)

If you want to have anime or anime characters identified, please post here.

These image search engines can help you find the source of your image:
Google (click the camera symbol to paste/upload images)
IQDB
SauceNAO
Doujinshi Search

Old threads:
Version 1
anime-primeMar 19, 2022 1:23 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2012
Gore warning

Thank you in advance!
Feb 16, 2016 8:37 AM
Feb 16, 2016 8:51 AM
Aug 2012
Does anybody know from which manga is this? Or maybe it's from a doujin (Which I doubt)

Beware ecchi
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.
Feb 16, 2016 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
L>This manga: It was at least partially published in English, under a title I remember as "The Telekinetic Girl" (My memory may be poor). All I remember about it was this girl who had "the psychic power of a small nuke," was relatively normal, but had to go on the run from the government, met some guy, and then they cheated at pachinko (with telekinesis).
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 16, 2016 3:17 PM
Feb 2014
Feb 16, 2016 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
MortalMelancholy said:
L>This manga: It was at least partially published in English, under a title I remember as "The Telekinetic Girl" (My memory may be poor). All I remember about it was this girl who had "the psychic power of a small nuke," was relatively normal, but had to go on the run from the government, met some guy, and then they cheated at pachinko (with telekinesis).
http://myanimelist.net/manga/194/Mai ?
Feb 16, 2016 4:47 PM
Feb 2016
there was a yaoi manga or a chapter in a manga i read before and i don't remember the name of the manga. It was about two boys, i think they were friends. the black haired one would stay over at the other one's house often and sleep in the same bed. The black haired one knew the other liked him and was waiting for him to confess. One day when he stayed over at his friend's house he began to snuggle to light haired one in his bed, causing the light haired one to go to the bathroom. The black haired one noticed that something was different when he came back and that when he started to like him too.

P.S it is NOT "Me o Tojite 3-Byou"

please help if you know a similar story or a chapter, thank you
Feb 16, 2016 6:41 PM
Feb 2016
Saw this picture on the end page of the manga I am reading and don't know whether it's an anime, or manga or just an advertisement. Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/8b8b35f00b779741827459c4d48b844f
It's on GTO Shonan 14days chapter 36 page 17, for those who can't open the link. Thanks
Feb 16, 2016 6:43 PM

Nov 2014
pandabooo said:
Saw this picture on the end page of the manga I am reading and don't know whether it's an anime, or manga or just an advertisement. Here is a screenshot https://gyazo.com/8b8b35f00b779741827459c4d48b844f
It's on GTO Shonan 14days chapter 36 page 17, for those who can't open the link. Thanks
original art by yuuki hagure
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/764735

Feb 16, 2016 6:47 PM
Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
pandabooo said:
So it's just art? And not from an anime/manga?
Feb 16, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 2014
pandabooo said:
ExTamplier said:
Correct. Many scan groups pick random art.

Feb 16, 2016 6:59 PM
Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
pandabooo said:
Damn, would've been nice if it wasn't... Do you recommend any mangas that are ecchi+cafe or ecchi+comedy+cafe or ecchi+comedy? Thanks heaps
Feb 16, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2014
pandabooo said:
ExTamplier said:
Damn, would've been nice if it wasn't... Do you recommend any mangas that are ecchi+cafe or ecchi+comedy+cafe or ecchi+comedy? Thanks heaps
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1166451&show=0#post5

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ExTamplier?status=2&tag=Ecchi

Feb 16, 2016 7:41 PM
Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
pandabooo said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1166451&show=0#post5

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ExTamplier?status=2&tag=Ecchi
Oh cool, thanks heaps!
Feb 17, 2016 2:50 AM

Apr 2014
There's this manga that I've read more than five yeara ago.
The story is about martial arts, Its looks like karate or judo, the main character is male, he is part of the martial arts club and he is in a close relationship with some cute girl, that girl is used to be part of the martial art club but she stop and had some kind of trauma about violence, the story involve a few martial arts club having a skirmish against each other.

Thanks before.
Feb 17, 2016 8:08 AM
Feb 2016
Can you guys help me find the name of this manga?

It was about how a boy attracts a lot of girls (and teachers) and they take advantage of him (like trying to have sex with him, kiss him, etc) but there's a girl (main character) who then decides to protect him from other girls. One day she ends up falling in love with him and the other girl try to show the guy this in order to get the girl to leave him alone but he's in love with her and returns her feelings
Feb 17, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2010
The picure itself is a credit, but from my seraches, it seems to come from Hentai or something.

Feb 17, 2016 11:46 AM

Sep 2009
Toska said:
MortalMelancholy said:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/194/Mai ?

Nope.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh holy shit, that one was it. I read part of it in a bookstore way back in like 06, but dam, the online scan quality is incredibly bad; either that, or I'm remembering the art being way better than it actually was.
MortalMelancholyFeb 17, 2016 12:06 PM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 18, 2016 1:29 AM

Jan 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
The story is about martial arts, Its looks like karate or judo, the main character is male, he is part of the martial arts club and he is in a close relationship with some cute girl, that girl is used to be part of the martial art club but she stop and had some kind of trauma about violence, the story involve a few martial arts club having a skirmish against each other.

Thanks before.
Possibly Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru or Osu!! Karate Bu.
Feb 18, 2016 2:37 AM

Apr 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
tr1ckst3r said:

Thanks before.
Possibly Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru or Osu!! Karate Bu.
too bad its not both of those.
Feb 18, 2016 4:01 AM
Feb 18, 2016 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
Hello everyone !

I search a yaoi and I don't know the author, a part of the title or the character's name ^^"

The story is about a couple (student x student at the beginnig because they grow up) who lived with the uke's little brother because the parents divorced and/or rejected the uke (because he is gay)

It's a one shot, the cover is in white and black, the couple stand side by side
The chara design is realistic and that's all orz

I hope I was clear

Thank you in advance !
Michocolance_4DFeb 18, 2016 9:49 AM
Feb 18, 2016 8:41 AM
Feb 2016
I'm new here and no idea where to post this. I'm looking for a shoujo manga about a girl staying with her abusive mother when her parents split just to stay close to the boy. He gets a girlfriend, she can't stand it confesses and somehow messes things up and makes the boy mad. Dad shows back up and says you're coming to live with me, the boy finds out about all the abuse she went through to stay near him. Please let me know if you know the title, I've been dying from curiosity!
Feb 18, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2015
tr1ckst3r said:

Thanks before.

Maybe it's Hanza Sky?
My candies:
Bonus candy:
Feb 18, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
It's not Hanza sky too.

I'll try rewrite the description with more detail.

-It had a pretty refined art-style.
-It came out before 2010 but not that old.
-The Main Heroine is good at karate, she is former member of karate club and she is pretty good at it, but she quit because he didn't like violence or had a trauma about violence.
-The Main protagonist also in a karate club, he is in a close relationship with the main heroine and often protect her from harm because somehow she is targeted by others school.
-The story involve a lot of karate club from various school that often had a brawl with other club, there's a scene where a club held a duel to determine the new head of their club.

That's all I can remember for now.
Feb 18, 2016 12:42 PM
Jan 2016
Anyone knows this manga?

Main protagonist is female.
She attends a school where boys uses girl characters in game
Feb 18, 2016 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
tr1ckst3r said:
It's not Hanza sky too.

-The Main Heroine is good at karate, she is former member of karate club and she is pretty good at it, but she quit because he didn't like violence or had a trauma about violence.
-The Main protagonist also in a karate club, he is in a close relationship with the main heroine and often protect her from harm because somehow she is targeted by others school.
-The story involve a lot of karate club from various school that often had a brawl with other club, there's a scene where a club held a duel to determine the new head of their club.

Maybe " Renai Shijou Shugi "
Feb 18, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
aemiliuz said:
tr1ckst3r said:
It's not Hanza sky too.

Maybe " Renai Shijou Shugi "
Just checked it out and it's not the one i'm looking for...
Feb 18, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
So, I'm looking for this manga/manhwa/manhua where a girl's father died and he told her, "If anything happens to me, go see this man". I think the man is in China.

The rich man she goes to see is super-grateful to her dad because he helped him years before and takes the girl in. The girl is confused and offers to be a maid, but the father says no, you will be my daughter.

The man has a son who is very spoiled. He got a scratch on his motorcycle and demands that his father buy him a new one. The father is so annoyed at his son, he needs heart medication.

Then, the dad comes up with an idea - if he could marry his spoiled son off to the girl who is humble, everything will be all right.

BTW - This is happening in modern times (skyscrapers, etc.).

Thanks so much in advance - this is driving me crazy! :)
Feb 20, 2016 6:09 AM

Sep 2014
John_Dee said:
Anyone knows this manga?

Maybe Monochrom animal ?
Maybe not because you have not spoken of animals : /
Feb 20, 2016 1:27 PM
Jul 2015
I forgot to save the name of it and now I can't find it TT__TT

The only thing I can remember is that it is about one of the two twin sisters. she played in a play as the ugly duckling when they were little. Guys that confessed to her tough she was her twin sister and then they said "the other one".
she then later in high school(?) goes to another school then her sister, she got a lot of different charms (+ one that she got from her sister)

the only other thing i remember more is she bumps into a guy that she gives the charm to and then later he getts her to follow him to a bakery(?)

it was rather new so when i read it there was only one chapter of it out
Feb 20, 2016 2:33 PM
Jul 2015
Tessan12 said:
I forgot to save the name of it and now I can't find it TT__TT

The only thing I can remember is that it is about one of the two twin sisters. she played in a play as the ugly duckling when they were little. Guys that confessed to her tough she was her twin sister and then they said "the other one".
she then later in high school(?) goes to another school then her sister, she got a lot of different charms (+ one that she got from her sister)

the only other thing i remember more is she bumps into a guy that she gives the charm to and then later he getts her to follow him to a bakery(?)

it was rather new so when i read it there was only one chapter of it out

i found it.... Chikyuu no Owari wa Koi no Hajimari...
Feb 20, 2016 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
Masterkendo18 said:
Exhibitionism hentai manga where a girl strips infront of her class because she likes ans they do outdoor activities. In a certain part they played a game where she had to find her panties when the time limit. Also they did something like a bet and they guy who won had sex with her.

Kumo No Michi is the manga.
Feb 20, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2013
John_Dee said:
Anyone knows this manga?

The manga is Shitsurakuen
Feb 20, 2016 8:41 PM
Jul 2015
My very first manga is probably the best I've ever read. Saddest part of this story is I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, and no amount of google searching seems to bring it up. I'm hoping someone here will be able to identify it based on my description. Help me, MAL community. You're my only hope!

Manga is about a photographer for a newspaper. World is suddenly attacked by an alien race (that happens to look human...?), and start destroying everything. MC is running around trying to survive the mayhem, and runs into the princess of the alien race who attacks him. He grabs a metal rod sticking out of one of the fallen buildings, and manages to fight her off and disarm her (surprisding for both parties). Back at home he has printed a massive picture of her and hung it on the wall because he likes her (thinks she is pretty). She thinks he is some kind of general or something because he managed to beat her, sneaks into his room to kill him, and is surprised to find the pictures. She finds out he likes her... (blurry memory here)... One thing leads to another they go off to fight the princess's father. The meet friends, eventually reaching the princess's home planet. The beat her father, all their friends die in the process. The get married have kids, and I guess there was a special day on the planet they decided to settle down on, where the spirits of their friends visit them one time before moving on to the after life.

I know its not much to go on. I'll try describing the princess since she is the most uniquely designed character (MC is pretty generic but I think that was for comedy purposes);

She is tall, long legs. Red hair with horns that curl a bit of the sides of her head. She where a yellowish-bikini armor... All I can really remember. I can't be the only one to have read this manga. Please, can someone identify it based on this lousy description?!
Feb 20, 2016 10:13 PM

Oct 2009
Sounds like the start to a steamy hentai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 20, 2016 11:16 PM
Jul 2015
lucjan said:
Sounds like the start to a steamy hentai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol no. There is no nudity in this... I don't think. There was one scene where the princess is like, "Hey we're married now, let have sex." but thats about it. Something comes up (not his pants...) and it doesn't end up happening.
Feb 21, 2016 2:14 AM
Jan 2016
mangamaven said:
John_Dee said:
Anyone knows this manga?

The manga is Shitsurakuen

That's right been finding it for so long thanks!!
Feb 21, 2016 2:15 AM
Jan 2016
Michocolance_4D said:
John_Dee said:
Anyone knows this manga?

Maybe Monochrom animal ?
Maybe not because you have not spoken of animals : /

No its not but someone replied with the correct manga title :) thank you for the effort though :) by the way saw the monocrhome animal love it too will read it when its completely translated :)
Feb 21, 2016 11:03 AM
Oct 2010

They're all series Muda did in the past.
Feb 21, 2016 11:33 AM

May 2014
I've been trying to find a manga that I read a long time back. It must have been somewhere in 2003-2005.

There where 3 main characters who where sisters that shared the same father but different mothers and didn't know about each other. I remember one of then was a pirate. The story was about them getting together to confront or fight there father I think.

Sorry I really cant remember that much as I was pretty young when I read it.
Feb 22, 2016 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
Does anyone know which manga?

Feb 22, 2016 12:48 PM
Feb 2016
Can anyone help me with what this manga could be its Chinese I think.

eckospiderFeb 22, 2016 12:57 PM
Feb 22, 2016 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
eckospider said:
Can anyone help me with what this manga could be its Chinese I think.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=53173
Feb 22, 2016 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
Whatever could this be? (slightly nsfw)

Feb 22, 2016 2:11 PM

Dec 2013
TTGLagann said:
My very first manga is probably the best I've ever read. Saddest part of this story is I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, and no amount of google searching seems to bring it up. I'm hoping someone here will be able to identify it based on my description. Help me, MAL community. You're my only hope!

Manga is about a photographer for a newspaper. World is suddenly attacked by an alien race (that happens to look human...?), and start destroying everything. MC is running around trying to survive the mayhem, and runs into the princess of the alien race who attacks him. He grabs a metal rod sticking out of one of the fallen buildings, and manages to fight her off and disarm her (surprisding for both parties). Back at home he has printed a massive picture of her and hung it on the wall because he likes her (thinks she is pretty). She thinks he is some kind of general or something because he managed to beat her, sneaks into his room to kill him, and is surprised to find the pictures. She finds out he likes her... (blurry memory here)... One thing leads to another they go off to fight the princess's father. The meet friends, eventually reaching the princess's home planet. The beat her father, all their friends die in the process. The get married have kids, and I guess there was a special day on the planet they decided to settle down on, where the spirits of their friends visit them one time before moving on to the after life.

I know its not much to go on. I'll try describing the princess since she is the most uniquely designed character (MC is pretty generic but I think that was for comedy purposes);

She is tall, long legs. Red hair with horns that curl a bit of the sides of her head. She where a yellowish-bikini armor... All I can really remember. I can't be the only one to have read this manga. Please, can someone identify it based on this lousy description?!

I looked up the princess character on the anime planet character database and here are the results- http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/all?hair_color_id=10&gender_id=2&include_tags=420
One of those might be it. You can refine the search a bit more if you think that would help.

http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/tiles2.php?gender=2&eye_color=0&hair_color=9&otherchar=0&hair_length=0&age=0&mimikko=1
Here's another one, but it's not as specific.
I don't know that much anime, but I hope that I've helped you at least some.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. ~That Nietzsche guy
Feb 22, 2016 3:52 PM

Nov 2015
Read a LOOOONG time ago, it's a bl/oneshot?

It's about this human boy, he was sent on a hunting trip or something which was a ruse for the guys he was with to kill him. A wolf saves him from his would be killers. He offers himself to the wolf, saying since no one wanted him that the wolf could eat him.

He later wakes up in a hut full of wolf kids! And not long after a tall dark hansom wolf man walked in. stuff happens they fall in love.. youngest wolfling looses his pacifer and crawls around going 'babu babu' and cries..... it's a cute story.

sorry if that isn't enough info, I do hope you guys can help!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

18 by Chuckiemuffin »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1042 by codelyok13 »»
5 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - 6 hours ago

0 by codelyok13 »»
6 hours ago

» Do you ever skim through your Manga?

zaganGao - Jan 23

26 by Zimmu »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 15

22 by Lucifrost »»
Apr 17, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.