Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 16, 2015 10:09 AM

May 2014
I only hate that the author didn't do much with her , way better than kana , I hate bitches that change sides because x person is cool.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
May 1, 2015 1:21 AM

Sep 2008
People seem to sympathize with Kana just cuz she died and Murano didn't.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
May 1, 2015 1:23 AM

Jul 2014
Kana > Murano

Nuff said

May 14, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
killbethy said:
Because she isn't Kana... DAMN IT!
May 23, 2015 4:27 AM

Jul 2013
Guilty--King said:
Kana > Murano

Nuff said

This.

Murano is always demanding the weaker Izumi, Shinichi and I dont like it. Though there is some slight change at the end so thats good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 4:31 AM

Oct 2013
she took her time to get the pipe
May 23, 2015 8:00 AM

Jul 2013
appleyard said:
she took her time to get the pipe

She sure has and at the end, it worked out for her after soo much problems they had been through, well for Izumi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2015 8:30 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
johnnycc123 said:
Aristeas said:
People hate Murano (me, included) because she is a selfish, self-centered, short-sighted depressing (cause she is the cause of depression) stupid cunt!

She started acting like a total btch towards Shinichi when his FCKING MOTHER had died, like a couple of days before that!.

Even if Shinichi wasn't a "parasite" his god damn mother had recently died! and in a horrible way! that probably changes people... and she never ever gave him one single break, nor asked him how he felt about his mother being violently murdered.

I would slap the sht out of that annoying whining whore.

And... hello i'm new to the forums i needed to tell someone how much i hate that self-righteous btch.

Thank you, I agree. And I came to the forums just to express that as well. I fucking hate her so much.

Shadic666 said:
The problem I have with her is that she keeps whining about he's changed and how she doesn't want anything to do with him while he's like that. She just completely ignores the fact that his mother is missing and his dad was hospitalized. She acts like it's his fault he's reacting the way he is and this makes her self-centered and obnoxious.

If she were TRULY concerned about him, she wouldn't try to ignore him when he needs emotional support. She only has a superficial concern for him, yet the writing plays it up as if she's selflessly by his side the whole time. It's poor writing.

Glad to see that a lot of people seem to get it.

well just all of this. They said it in a perfect way

May 25, 2015 8:32 AM

Aug 2014
If I had a penny each time she said "Are you really Izumi Shinichi" I could probably buy a country. I don't hate her as a person, I just hate how she constantly said "Are you really Izumi Shinichi". It's like with Orihime from Bleach, I got really tired after hearing her say "Kurosaki-Kun" for the 1000th time.
May 26, 2015 4:51 AM
May 2010
I don't really hate her. She's quite sharp, being able to detect the difference in Shinichi's personality. The problem is, I find her so boring. There's hardly anything interesting about her.
May 26, 2015 6:46 AM

Jun 2011
Mainly because of her one dimensional VA.

There is nothing really interesting about her character in original story, in anime it's only worse.
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
May 26, 2015 10:23 AM
May 2015
Warning: Contains some SPOILERS

Just took a break from this show bc I find scenes with Murano incredibly annoying to watch. I agree with one of the previous posts that just because events are realistic doesn't mean that they have to be utilised in the story, especially if they do not contribute to the plot. While in a way, her presence was useful in the beginning, sort of like a symbolism of Izumi's links to his past, her schtick did get pretty old.

If you had a friend who was being aloof, would you constantly remind him that he's been acting different even though he has declared that everything's fine each time you ask? I mean, if that was the case, either you talk to your friend and ask him if there's anything you can do to help, and/or leave the case behind because it is his business (boyfriend or not boyfriend). His mother did go "missing" and his dad was hospitalised after all, and to keep pestering him, instead of giving him some space/time to think (or kind gestures like coming over and cooking him dinner so he doesn't feel sad, or whatever), is really selfish when you think about it.

Going back to the topic, yes, I find Murano annoying, but not to the point of hate. Her useless scenes just compel me to go outside and exercise because it's so damn irritating to just take it all in. It's like, [to Murano] get a grip woman. Just accept it and move on! You're not a child for f***sake. o__o
ggayosaMay 26, 2015 10:28 AM
May 29, 2015 8:19 AM
May 2015
Pffffft. thou comments XD i really really feel the same way :>
Feb 17, 2016 3:57 PM
Oct 2013
I hate her because she's always talking about how much Izumi has 'changed' that he's not 'like he used to be' tho she never actually asked him why and that she thinks she has the right to know everything about Izumi.
Feb 17, 2016 7:53 PM

Mar 2015
I get why people didn't like her and I didn't like her either. But let's face it, if someone you had feelings for changed then you'd be concerned and confused. Their 'fights' where annoying and I preferred Kana, was sad when she died.
Feb 17, 2016 8:24 PM

Nov 2014
vong10 said:
I get why people didn't like her and I didn't like her either. But let's face it, if someone you had feelings for changed then you'd be concerned and confused. Their 'fights' where annoying and I preferred Kana, was sad when she died.
She lives on.. in our hearts..

Feb 18, 2016 8:02 AM
Feb 2016
I didn't mind Murano she was an OK character. But DAMN did I dislike Kana!?

ShuuTsukTrashFeb 18, 2016 8:05 AM
irrelevant
Mar 16, 2016 3:43 PM
Mar 2016
UltraGG said:

Honestly Kana and Murano piss me off.

Kana is/was a stalker and that annoyed me because it was like she had no sense of worth, chasing after a guy who (at least looked like) he was taken. I mean seriously? And she thought she had a link with him, but then she also felt other people around her too. She lived inside a bubble in her own head, didn't pay attention to her surroundings, and honestly was a stereotypical damsel in distress, who can't do shit without a man, and this is coming from a guy.

Murano pissed me off cause she was a cowardly, annoying person, who kept oscillating between different mindsets. She sometimes honed on things, was straightforward, and wouldn't back off, other times she was lovey dovey and forgot it all happened. She is like the Kristen Stewart of Parasyte, with only a handful set of emotions, and apparently lacking any and all forms of intelligence.

All in all, they both seemed like characters lacking any depth and intelligence.
Jul 27, 2016 5:38 AM
Jul 2016
Browsed through some of the comments. Funny, I just came here to rant and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I just hate her with a passion!! Gaaah! Everytime I'm watching, I am wishing she won't show up on the episode. haha! Sorry. I just hate her so. PABEBE!!!!!

I actually thought she's gonna die in the last episode, and I was like... why in the last part? and what? she didn't actually die?! OH MY!!! I'm a murderer! I'm not human!!!

I actually tried to convince myself not to hate her. I thought of her like Orihime in Bleach but! - she isn't Orihime!! And I like Orihime! But MuraNO!!!!! For me, her role isn't even needed.

Anyway, visiting the forum was a great idea. It comforted me. haha! Comments here made my day. lol
Feb 1, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Because

"You're Izumi Shinichi, right?"

Although, I don't find her annoying even in the manga.

Loved how Shini raged at one point thelling her to shut up after she asked that lol.

Seriously somewhat annoying character that is always looking for reasons to get into pointless argument with mc

#KanaBestGirl

killbethy said:
Because she isn't Kana... DAMN IT!

This forum needs some kind of reputation system so one can +1 comments like this :P
Apr 25, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2017
honestly i was disappointed in the whole anime overall. to me she was kinda annoying, and i really just didnt care about her.
i liked kana far more than i liked her and i was annoyed how quickly the anime killed her off

best girl was neither of them, easily my fave character was Ryouko, she was so much more interesting than anyone else in the anime, and when the anime killed her off, i just kept going to finish it and didnt care much
Apr 25, 2017 9:28 AM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Kana > Murano any day of the week. Murano speaking is like watching the media talk about Donald Trump without an end to it. There's giving queues as to Shinichi's personality and morality changing then there's reiterating a well known fact way too frickin' much. Kana's voice in the anime and appearance in both the anime/manga are far better anyway, shame she got deleted but that scene was honestly killer, no pun intended.
Jun 6, 2017 10:07 PM

Apr 2017
Kolnikov said:
What she did wrong until now? For me she's naive but pretty cute and a nice person overall. Haven't read the manga.

Sorry I'm late but...

You have to understand what each person wants from a character in an anime. Break the viewers down by gender.

Guys:
- they want a female character to be attractive
- they want a female character to be extremely loyal to the main guy

That's literally all they want in two points. Murano is attractive, but she constantly questions her relationship with Shinichi. This is a "no no" in their books. Then you have Kana, who is more attractive than Murano and blindly loyal to Shinichi, and that puts Murano way down.

Girls:
- they want a female character that's powerful, or a step above the rest.
- they want a female character that's aggressive.

That's literally all they want. Murano is normal as far as ability, and she has a passive personality. Then you compare her to Kana, who has a 6th sense (a step above the rest not including Reiko) and she's extremely aggressive.
Jun 6, 2017 10:11 PM

Apr 2017
Terrorofthedeath said:
UltraGG said:

Honestly Kana and Murano piss me off.

Kana is/was a stalker and that annoyed me because it was like she had no sense of worth, chasing after a guy who (at least looked like) he was taken. I mean seriously? And she thought she had a link with him, but then she also felt other people around her too. She lived inside a bubble in her own head, didn't pay attention to her surroundings, and honestly was a stereotypical damsel in distress, who can't do shit without a man, and this is coming from a guy.

Murano pissed me off cause she was a cowardly, annoying person, who kept oscillating between different mindsets. She sometimes honed on things, was straightforward, and wouldn't back off, other times she was lovey dovey and forgot it all happened. She is like the Kristen Stewart of Parasyte, with only a handful set of emotions, and apparently lacking any and all forms of intelligence.

All in all, they both seemed like characters lacking any depth and intelligence.

Girls want a strong character, but they ALL stan for Kana. Something isn't adding up...

Anyway. You don't understand the people on this site. They want certain types of characters.

Kana fulfills the needs of most guys and girls. Guys want an attractive person who is loyal to the main guy to the very end. That's Kana because the only other female character who could compete with her beauty is Reiko, and she died thinking he was her soulmate. Girls want someone who is more powerful than the rest (Kana's 6th sense) and she's aggressive (even though she was pathetic, she was aggressive with it. Murano was passive with her want of Shinichi, which they can't respect).
Jun 6, 2017 10:14 PM

Apr 2017
kuity said:
People seem to sympathize with Kana just cuz she died and Murano didn't.

No... People actually like Kana. Read my other comments to understand why they like her over Murano.

I personally don't like either of them, so I have no stake in this fight. Though the differences from their points of view matter.
Feb 24, 2018 5:24 PM
Feb 2018
Hate both Kana and Murano. Murano is just annoying and just can't get shit through her thick skull whereas Murano is just a stupid bitch who can't shut up about whether if its "shinichi" or not. In addition, Murano could at least look better. I like Murano's appearance more than Kana. I honestly would enjoy the anime more if there are no bitches at all LOL cause they don't do much but just be annoying. Oh wells.
Jan 14, 2019 11:53 AM
May 2015
I just finished Parasyte & made an account just to post here.
I’m sorry but I HATE this character all the way up to the last minute of the last episode. It seems she has some sense at that point and that point only.

Otherwise all she does is cry and argue with Shinichi, who is just doing his best to keep her safe. Even if he doesn’t tell her all the personal details of his troubles he’s literally SAVED HER LIFE and been caring towards her 99% of the time... yet she constantly questions everything he says and does... continuously questions if it’s “rEaLlY sHiNiChI kUn” after she knows he’s been going through a lot, if only from the fact that he looked so worn out and positively traumatized that day she went to visit him at home.

She’s incredibly overbearing, and I supposed this is realistic for a high school girl in love or whatever but god it’s repetitive and agonizingly irritating. She’s somehow able to perceive that hes undergoing a major personality change and never shuts up about it but when he literally jumps from the window of a classroom with her in his arms without injury, she barely questions it??

No to mention she never listens to him and always puts herself in danger. I honestly was hoping she’d die for the whole entire show. All the female characters in this anime except Izumi’s mother, that Parasyte woman with the baby and the old lady who helped Izumi near the ending were complete morons. They all did the dumbest things, risking their very lives for the sake of some dick. As a female it was especially painful to watch.

Also Murano’s whole entire life seemed to revolve around Izumi. Like bitch do u not have family and friends?? A part time job? Tests to study for?? My GOD. Every time we saw her she was focused on him.
If his personality change was SUCH a confounding and traumatic event for her, either try to be supportive without whining or demanding answers every 2 mins since that CLEARLY isn’t working... or move the fuck on!! He certainly wasn’t begging her to stay around him.

Lastly, her constantly whiny and breathy voice makes me want to choke something. She’s always on the verge of crying or gasping with hurt or some shit.

I get that he clearly cared for her and her character was there to keep him grounded/hilight the changes he went through, but she could have been a sensible girl instead of an annoying ass bonehead and still played the same role.
Jun 11, 2021 2:49 PM
Jun 2021
Because just the view of her character makes our skin crawl,simple.
Jun 12, 2021 3:38 PM

Feb 2019
she doesn't look attractive enough for a heroine.
Jun 12, 2021 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
While i don't despise her,her design is pretty bland to me. Especially compared to other characters like Kana or Ryouko. She looks more like a background character to me. I am also convinced that she has some severe form of Alzheimer's because she just asks the same questions over and over again
Jun 12, 2021 3:48 PM
Jul 2020
Tiddies not too big enuff.

Kana>>>
Mar 25, 2022 2:15 PM
Mar 2022
It's already 2022 and I still don't like Murano and Kana. I don't hate them but I still cannot find anything that would make me like these characters since 2014. These 2 ladies are definitely opposite types. (If you understand what I mean)

Murano is somehow a sweet-type girl who loves playing hard-to-get whatsoever.
I don't like her for a fact that she kept on asking Izumi Shinichi if he's Shinichi.
I get the fact that probably because she didn't know that Shinichi's mother was dead, and she thought that he just changed somehow. But if I were too be on the realistic part, knowing that you're very close to the person, i guess she should have asked Izumi Shinichi first. (But yea since this is an anime, and this is the plot, and how the character of Murano is, so I will just continue to not liking this character even after millionth time of watching this anime). Basically, this character is too feminine and I really like tomboy type 😎

Well, as for Kana, one thing that's annoying about this girl, she's too easy. Like chasing for Izumi Shinichi. She thought that life was a fairy tale and believing in a Knight in Shining Whatsoever Armor is real. She's basically a stalker. 😰 and the reason she gets killed coz she's too nosy. Like what the hell, don't you have a life that you kept on chasing a guy who already has a girl (tho Shinichi-Murano wasn't really an official couple throughout the earlier episodes).

And yeah. It's already 05:13AM today, and for almost 8years, I still couldn't like these two characters. Don't hate me people, this is basically my opinion coz I watched this anime for the nth time now. I couldn't even remember how many times but yea.
Apr 5, 2022 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
The hate for her does make me want to like her more in response. Really though she is just a nonentity just there to be the "romantic interest". I do wish that more was done with her character to make her actually have a personality of her own outside of loving Shinichi. Don't hate her at all, the opposite, I don't think of her at all unless on screen. Forgettable.

Kana wasn't much better mind, just had the sensing parasyte ability and was drawn to be hotter than Murano. Only was even more obsessive of Shinichi than Murano is.
Apr 1, 2023 10:57 AM
Apr 2023
I'm glad i saw my people. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that woman. And now I know why we hate her so much. Because he was written by a man. Female characters that were written by Men are annoying, damsel in distress, dumb, stupid women. I dropped it after the first 5 episodes
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.