Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 29, 2014 5:22 AM
Nov 2013
What she did wrong until now? For me she's naive but pretty cute and a nice person overall. Haven't read the manga.
blankflatDec 29, 2014 8:29 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2014 5:37 AM

May 2013
Because

"You're Izumi Shinichi, right?"

Although, I don't find her annoying even in the manga.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 29, 2014 5:46 AM
Nov 2013
What's wrong about this question since Izumi is indeed changing a lot?
Dec 29, 2014 6:48 AM

Aug 2014
Maybe the constant repetition of that question? I didn't mind it the first two times, but after the third time it has gotten really annoying. It may have its purpose and might make more sense after all episodes aired, but atm I feel like they treat the viewer like an idiot who doesn't have the mental capacity to notice the changes in Shinichi.
Dec 29, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2008
Because she isn't Kana... DAMN IT!
Dec 29, 2014 8:01 AM

Dec 2013
I don't hate her, i just think her constant repetition of that question to be annoying. I know it has its meaning but it still is annoying.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 29, 2014 8:02 AM
Nov 2013
The constant repetition? She said that 5 times (perhaps less) in 12 episodes. Even though, if this constant repetition was the case, then people should blame the anime for trying to repeat this message. And even if this was indeed the case, only one phrase is enough to hate a character? ._.

I think the reason is not this one. I didn't mind this phrase at all, since it wasn't that constant to begin with.
Dec 29, 2014 8:07 AM

Dec 2013
Sure it is one of the messages the anime is trying to convey, but they're doing it through Murano, and way too often for my likings.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 29, 2014 8:07 AM

Dec 2013
People have to hate something in a series or find something annoying. It's just the way world works.

And imo, she has done nothing wrong nor stupid. Maybe people don't see how much Shinichi changed from a nerd geek to cold, almost emotionless person. It's normal for her to question him since she obviously cares about him. People are insta-annoyed when someone doesn't act the way they'd want to.
Dec 29, 2014 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
"Are you really Izumi Shinichi?"

Dec 29, 2014 8:10 AM

Sep 2014
I like Kana more than Murano tbh, but Murano is also quite good too for her characteristic.

Why people hate Murano?

Because people find her annoying. But it's pretty normal to react that way since Murano who usually like Izumi, dislike his current personality that has been changed. And I don't really find it annoying at all.
Dec 29, 2014 8:15 AM
Nov 2013
We have to consider that Murano also has the capacity of sensing these beings, even though she isn't as strong as Kana. Is like the mom of Ryouko but not so strong. I think is a pretty natural reaction even if she wasn't sensitive. Izumi is completely different now. Personally, I didn't have any preference for Murano X Kana, because I wasn't shipping for anyone, but Kana had a problem as well (she was stupid and lived in a fantasy world thinking everything was fate and she was destined to Izumi).
blankflatDec 29, 2014 8:21 AM
Dec 29, 2014 8:18 AM

Mar 2014
I dislike her because she got really annoying, no matter the reasons I don't need to hear the same question 20 times or have 2 episodes focusing on that question alone.
But I dislike Kana even more, all she was going to do was get in the way and cause romance drama in a show that doesn't need romance drama, even if that wasn't her goal her character did nothing but waste a whole episode, good thing she was dealt with I guess.
Dec 29, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2008
killbethy said:

Preach on, comrade!
Dec 29, 2014 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
I like how gentle Murano is. I prefer her over Kana but I can understand why one would dislike her, even though she's cute she also has an annoying side, and can sound pretty stupid sometimes. Actually she has nothing special, she's just here to be here but well, a very generic character but well, I'm fine with this.
Dec 29, 2014 10:36 AM
Dec 29, 2014 10:40 AM
Oct 2013
I am sorry, but she is just stupid, repeating the same question a billion times. Kana over her any day of the year. I am sorry, but this is how it rolls. Kana for waifu.
Dec 29, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
killbethy said:
Because she isn't Kana
Dec 29, 2014 11:02 AM
Nov 2013
Mentalii said:
I like how gentle Murano is. I prefer her over Kana but I can understand why one would dislike her, even though she's cute she also has an annoying side, and can sound pretty stupid sometimes. Actually she has nothing special, she's just here to be here but well, a very generic character but well, I'm fine with this.

She's more naive, not stupid. Stupid would fit more to Kana. Well, but I don't get why people are giving the other girl as reason to hate Murano, this question is not about Kana, is about Murano kek.
Dec 29, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
killbethy said:
Good. She's even more annoying.
Dec 29, 2014 11:18 AM

Feb 2013
She's just a measuring stick for how Shinichi and how much "he's changed" which she never stops reminding us which is annoying as hell. There's not much else to talk about beyond that. The females in this show suck besides the teacher and mom I guess
Dec 29, 2014 12:24 PM
Nov 2013
You guys are too outrageous lol. She doesn't have a very strong personality, that's right, and as a character she's pretty mediocre, but ''they suck'', ''I hate her'', ''fuck''... LOL. Really? I'm just neutral about it, since she is more neutral towards the plot itself.
Dec 29, 2014 3:46 PM

Feb 2013
Kolnikov said:
You guys are too outrageous lol. She doesn't have a very strong personality, that's right, and as a character she's pretty mediocre, but ''they suck'', ''I hate her'', ''fuck''... LOL. Really? I'm just neutral about it, since she is more neutral towards the plot itself.

"being neutral to the plot" as you put hasn't proven to be interesting to watch
Dec 29, 2014 4:42 PM

Jan 2014
I don't get that either.
And I also don't get why people like Kana. O.o
Migi - the best girl <33
Dec 29, 2014 4:49 PM

Sep 2014
I like her, because she doesn't annoy me, she's simple, she's kind (too kind and weak?), she likes Shinichi and that makes her more an interesting character than the others I find.
Dec 29, 2014 6:28 PM
Nov 2013
gedata said:
Kolnikov said:

But is enough to be hated? ._.

I've seen people commenting "Murano, what an annoying bitch" when she wasn't even doing something to be hated like that.
Dec 29, 2014 6:35 PM

Sep 2014
FestinaLente said:
I don't get that either.
And I also don't get why people like Kana. O.o
Migi - the best girl <33

How is Migi a "girl" ?lol
Dec 29, 2014 6:40 PM
Oct 2014
- She's a broken radio
- She's a stupid damsel
- She's in Parasyte
Dec 29, 2014 6:47 PM

May 2012
gedata said:
She's just a measuring stick for how Shinichi and how much "he's changed" which she never stops reminding us which is annoying as hell. There's not much else to talk about beyond that. The females in this show suck besides the teacher and mom I guess

Only Shinichi, Migi, and Ryoko are good characters. Everyone else is forgettable, I don't see why you are specifically saying that the female characters suck specifically. The focus of the show is shinichi and his transformation, it is not a show with a wide and expansive cast of unique individuals.
Dec 29, 2014 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
To me, she's pretty bland. I just don't like how she still loves Izumi even though he is an ass to her times. Although it's probably true love? I just don't really like Izumi and Murano's relationship. I can't really explain why though. Murano is alright though.

y u do dis
hhitagiDec 29, 2014 10:41 PM
Dec 29, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2012
guys im in episode 8
i want to ask manga reader, is murano going to die? coz she is fucking annoying. she isnt getting much screen time but still annoying. thats how much annoying she is. PM me pls. i like kana bitch more even tho she is ded. bitch is the best after all.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 29, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
I like her, she's cute and an average girl, just like how Shinichi started out like an average boy. I like the fact that she's a measuring stick to see how far Shinichi has drifted from his humanity. She'll likely be the main factor later on keeping the shreds of Shinichi's humanity alive, and personally I like those kinds of characters. The phrase can be annoying I suppose, but isn't that the point, it sure pisses Shinichi off at times. It just goes to show she really did love him and knew something changed deep down. I never found her annoying though tbh, I think without her the show would be missing a unique element, I mean how many psychological supernatural shows have the main character in a real kind of relationship and show those supernatural factors directly becoming intertwined in that relationship?
Dec 29, 2014 10:34 PM

Apr 2010
Oh wow people hate her over something so trivial. I didn't even know people found her annoying until just now. She's rather bland but not really annoying. It's understandable why she's asking that, even if it is more than necessary. I feel it kinda reflects how some girls are in real life anyway.
Dec 29, 2014 11:33 PM

Jan 2014
killbethy said:

oh is that it? If the Kana anime version doesn't smoke sure I'll agreee with with this statement... if she's smoking here in the anime version... this means I won't like her too...

seriously if Kana is smoking in this anime adaptation too... I'd go for Murano even if she's a whinny bitch...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Dec 30, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
I don't hate her, but she's often very annoying. I guess she can't get more development...
Dec 30, 2014 9:53 AM

Feb 2014
The woman characters clearly the weakest point from this series, though. But that to say, i think it's just not enough for me to hate her. Even though it was annoying to hear her lame catch phrase, but aside that, what she did actually quite realistic reaction to respond a radical change from someone you love (Of course it could be better if she didn't keep repeating the same line).

Yeah, we can easily see her as an annoying girl, but it was because we has god's perspective, we understand what happened to Shinichi and the change he through. Of course, as we can see, Shinichi also let an outburst to her for being annoying because she just don't know anything.

But the saddest/good part is she doesn't even has anything to do with the main story. Therefore, even when i am trying to hate her, it was just not worth it.
Dec 30, 2014 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
because i am afraid that murano will change him back like he was .... ^^
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Dec 30, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
Kolnikov said:
gedata said:

But is enough to be hated? ._.

I've seen people commenting "Murano, what an annoying bitch" when she wasn't even doing something to be hated like that.
It is. People are more annoyed with how many times she's asked "Are you really Izumi Shinichi?" rather than her character. I think she's cute but dumb af. How do you not notice that change in Izumi and still keep asking that question?
Dec 30, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
The repetition of that question plus that voice.....i find HanaKana's voice to be annoying in serious anime like this one.
Dec 31, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2012
killbethy said:

This

Dec 31, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
She's better than stalker girl, but that's not saying much.

Migi > All the female characters
Dec 31, 2014 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
hoping she'll have more relevance to the plot in the 2nd half (haven't read the manga) but I don't particularly dislike her
Jan 1, 2015 2:26 AM

Apr 2013
Because all she does is whine about how much Shinichi has changed.
Jan 1, 2015 3:29 AM

Apr 2014
Each of the characters reacted to each situation very humanely, except for the highschool attack scene where Shinichi jumps off a building. For Yuuko, it was curiosity and disbelief that compelled her to confirm Hideo identity despite the peril. Infact, she disregarded the danger because the concept seemed absurd. For Kana, her obsession with Shinichi is justified through curiosity, love and her idiosyncrasy. It's natural to become attached to a person with such strong connections. For Murano, she has strong affections and cares for Shinichi. She notices the change in Shinichi but is uninformed of the truth, so she can only question. She also doesn't want to believe that Shinichi has changed. There is doubt amiss hence the question 'Are you really Shinichi?'.

Murano is fine, though I wish she had more involvement, which I suspect will occur soon. Those that are hating are just bias.
Jan 1, 2015 4:11 AM

Sep 2014
Don't understand why Murano is getting all this heat.

I rly like her and she is definitely a more believable charcater than Kana. Not that I dislike her but given the option Murano / Kana , *pick 1* all the way.

Murano liked Shinichi b4 he started jumping 10ft in the air or going all Batman-mode on the thugs. It was a genuine bf/gf love. And she sticked to him even after his psychological changes ( acting cold, emotionless or dumping puppies in the trash ) , and that isn't easy.
Kana on the other hand is just curious about Shinichi which borthers obsesion rather than love or affection.
Jan 1, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
Drekthhar said:

I rly like her and she is definitely a more believable charcater than Kana. Not that I dislike her but given the option Murano / Kana , *pick 1* all the way.

Murano liked Shinichi b4 he started jumping 10ft in the air or going all Batman-mode on the thugs. It was a genuine bf/gf love. And she sticked to him even after his psychological changes ( acting cold, emotionless or dumping puppies in the trash ) , and that isn't easy.
Kana on the other hand is just curious about Shinichi which borthers obsesion rather than love or affection.

this... + Kana smokes... I don't like girls like that... plus she just brushed away the former bf because of her attraction to the MC guy... I don't like girls who sways this way... if she's not attracted to you anymore.. she'll do the same to you like what she did to the ex..
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jan 1, 2015 9:04 AM
Jan 1, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2012
She's the best girl though.
Jan 1, 2015 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
I dont dislike Murano. But I think she has dementia xD keeps repeating the same question over and over again
Jan 1, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Drekthhar said:

yep! :/

to be honest, i actually like Murano! :) (i haven't read the manga, yet and haven't watched all the episodes.)
she's a pure average, simple schoolgirl and still cute. for me, her repetitive question is
a) showing her emotional attachment, closeness to Shinichi in a pure way. she feels something but that's not a parasite-seeker special wonder ability. ;)
b) her role and words are indicators. the question is a reminder for us to think about Shinichi. is he intact or not? still intact? how his attitude/thoughts about life is affected by Migi's presence? etc.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

655 by Akkumakira »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.