Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2010 6:59 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was an excting and nice episode! Gorou's daughter Izumi started with baseball as well after she saw how great her father hit a homerun in the stadium ^^
Dec 21, 2010 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
Oh. that was thefinal stroke for the story named "Major". It is complete now.
As well as my life.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Dec 21, 2010 12:50 PM

Nov 2009
i wanna see it!!!!!!!!!!!!, kanade what was the ova about?
Dec 23, 2010 1:01 PM

Oct 2009
ariapokoteng said:
Oh. that was thefinal stroke for the story named "Major". It is complete now.
As well as my life.
I wholeheartedly agree on that. Sucks that the manga didn't go on longer D:

Bluuu said:
i wanna see it!!!!!!!!!!!!, kanade what was the ova about?
Just wait until it's subbed and see for yourself, it's much more enjoyable that way.
Dec 23, 2010 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
Sucks that the manga didn't go on longer D:

Well, there is nothing more to say left.
I mean, Goro will play baseball in Japan as a fielder for as long as he would be able to do it. An then he will retire and maybe become a coach for some baseball team. But this story have been already told - Hideki Shigeno's story. IIRC that was in the third season.
Regarding Goro's children - that would be the retelling of Goro's story with or without some differencies.
And that is exactly what I am saying - we have a completed Goro's story about how man should "Climb to the stage of his dream."
I hope I expressed myself comprehensible.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Dec 27, 2010 7:37 AM

Dec 2008
Doesn't seem too hard to understand without subs. I will definitely watch it again when it's subbed.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Dec 31, 2010 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
from the lack of comments i see there is no subbed version yet, anyone know where i can watch the raw? that places I've tried don't seem to work.
Jan 1, 2011 11:32 AM

Dec 2008
I had watched it on watchanimeon.com since they have it up raw.
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
Jan 4, 2011 1:04 PM

Jun 2008
watched the raw, i understood more then i thought i would, good watch, just wish someone would sub it.
Jan 13, 2011 1:45 AM

Jan 2010
Can't believe they didn't animate the best part of Major, the World Series. It's possible, though unlikely, they might make a movie out of the World Series game, its pretty long in the manga if I remember correctly.
Jan 19, 2011 4:03 AM

Oct 2009
^^
Isn't the fourth season?
Jan 31, 2011 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
BuckNutt said:
Anyone know of a place to watch that has it subbed? Its been out for over a month now, someone should have it by now.

still no subs

sad but true...
Feb 6, 2011 11:30 AM

Mar 2009
Where do you go to see this ova? I've been searching everywhere and still can't find it... Can someone please put up a link in my profile comments. I would appreciate it...

Edit: I just saw it... doesn't look like any groups are going to sub it... Looks to me like the ending is still open for another movie or season. Either to show how he injured his left or what happens to him as a batter.
lordzenchiFeb 9, 2011 12:06 PM
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Feb 9, 2011 12:15 PM
Apr 2007
[Kira-Fansub] has subbed this ^.^
Torrent is up on Tokyo Toshokan and there is Megaupload and Fileserve DL links on the Kira-Fansub Website

kira-fansub.com
Feb 9, 2011 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
So we've come full-circle.
Not the greatest ep, but it's nice to get closure.
Also nice to see Kaoru happy, as Goro treated her like dirt most of S6.
Feb 9, 2011 5:50 PM

Jun 2009
I don't mind see another season of Major...
Feb 9, 2011 10:30 PM

Sep 2008
Now this is the closure I hoped to see. I actually liked the way it came back to him doing exactly what his father did. Besides the death of course... I wouldn't say it was anything amazing but definitely enjoyed it and glad they did something more to end it better.

May need to rewatch the earlier seasons someday. Would say 4 and 6 were the weakest seasons but the other 4 were fantastic. Going to miss this series :( possibly my favourite overall ever.
Feb 10, 2011 1:21 AM

Sep 2008
Hah, I love when Daigo wanted a dolphin too.

I think that it was a really good closure for the series regardless that like only 1 person looks like he properly aged. I really enjoyed the major series even if it was like super repetitive and that Honda never really got what he deserved after destroying his body over and over again.

Fucking Toshi though, fucking Toshi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2011 1:17 PM

Oct 2006
He was just like his father when he was alive, and so is his doughter like him when he was small (even seiyuu xD)

I really liked the ending, still 6th season could be longer. It's good ending cause I was wondering what happened to Goro later ^^

Too bad I don't know more about future of Junior :P

Feb 10, 2011 10:27 PM

Jan 2010
velcom said:
Now this is the closure I hoped to see. I actually liked the way it came back to him doing exactly what his father did. Besides the death of course... I wouldn't say it was anything amazing but definitely enjoyed it and glad they did something more to end it better.

May need to rewatch the earlier seasons someday. Would say 4 and 6 were the weakest seasons but the other 4 were fantastic. Going to miss this series :( possibly my favourite overall ever.

I don't see why so many people consider Season 4 weak. The rivalry in Season 4 was the best of any Season (Season 5 may be a bit better). Do most consider it weak because most of the main characters were hardly seen in it? To me the weakest seasons were 3 and 6. Season 3 because it was just too unrealistic with the team he gathered to play baseball except for Tashiro who had prior experience. I felt Season 6 because was weak because they had too many filler episodes midway through the show that weren't necessary. If they didn't add useless episodes into Season 6, they could have gotten to the World Series in Season 6 which, to me, is the most epic part of Major. I only hope now they can make a movie based off the World Series. They certainly have enough material to do so.
Feb 11, 2011 5:21 AM

Sep 2008
VitaX said:
velcom said:

I don't see why so many people consider Season 4 weak. The rivalry in Season 4 was the best of any Season (Season 5 may be a bit better). Do most consider it weak because most of the main characters were hardly seen in it? To me the weakest seasons were 3 and 6. Season 3 because it was just too unrealistic with the team he gathered to play baseball except for Tashiro who had prior experience. I felt Season 6 because was weak because they had too many filler episodes midway through the show that weren't necessary. If they didn't add useless episodes into Season 6, they could have gotten to the World Series in Season 6 which, to me, is the most epic part of Major. I only hope now they can make a movie based off the World Series. They certainly have enough material to do so.

I did like Season 4 a fair bit around the 2nd half, I guess my issue with 4 was that is was just kinda... odd I guess. The change to America made the show have an entirely different feel and it was just strange really. I can understand why it wasn't as exciting as the first 3 seasons due to it being more of a facing reality situation but the excitement is one of the big things that Major was so good for. I don't really condemn the author for the choice of it, it was definitely the best way to make progression through the story and through Goro's character. It just came off as a bit weak to me and seeing as I watched the show a bit late I watched through to like 5 back to back.

I do agree with 6 being kinda weak. I was kinda hoping for more but I certainly still liked it. It was more of the harsh facing of reality for a lot of it like four which just makes it less entertaining. It is weird because usually I prefer things a long those lines in Anime but Sports Animes are sort of about overcoming these problems and situations and are generally very exciting while they do them. Just my thoughts I guess.
Feb 11, 2011 11:59 AM
Aug 2009
Well, I didn't particulary like the sixth season, I found it kinda... well, as already said, weak. However, the OVA was a nice ending, which was really needed after sixth season.

Anyway, Major's end was nice, I will have good memories of this anime :P

Wanna read the manga now =3=
Feb 12, 2011 6:33 AM

Apr 2010
I always thought something was missing after S6 ended, and this OVA brings a perfect closure to an excellent series.
Feb 12, 2011 12:14 PM
Mar 2010
velcom said:

it would be nice if they continue with the same story but now the main focus on Izume
Feb 12, 2011 2:12 PM
Oct 2010
ElderKain said:
[Kira-Fansub] has subbed this ^.^
Torrent is up on Tokyo Toshokan and there is Megaupload and Fileserve DL links on the Kira-Fansub Website

kira-fansub.com

I went to that kira-fansub website and tried to download the links they had but none of them were subbed :/. I might be doing it wrong so you could link or tell me which one you used, I really wanna watch it subbed :)
Feb 14, 2011 4:18 AM
May 2010
Kira-fansubs were pretty bad. I turned them off in the middle when i got tired of all the stupid traslation errors. Stil it's great that someone has used their time to do the job and sub anime that no one else has.

OVA itself was hardly interesting. Like so many times before in Major this is just something we have seen before with different characters.
Feb 19, 2011 6:05 PM
Feb 2011
I love this episode!

Is there gonna be a second ep of the OVA or is it just this one?
Feb 20, 2011 1:04 PM
Oct 2010
http://hidden-anime.com/major-ova-1/

Finally, a place that you can watch with it subbed. :)
Feb 21, 2011 12:05 AM
Sep 2009
Watching this ova made me remember how much I loved the earlier seasons of Major. Season 6 didn't do it for me and I started to question whether I grew out of Major or not. But this finale has brought back everything I felt when I went through the first 5 seasons. It wasn't the best ova by any means but it still brought tears to my eyes. Now I need to go rewatch the whole series again.
Feb 22, 2011 2:31 PM
Feb 2011
Anyone know about the manga? Do the manga continue from the ova or it doesnt?
Feb 25, 2011 5:34 AM

Sep 2008
N0Regr3t said:
Anyone know about the manga? Do the manga continue from the ova or it doesnt?

I haven't read the manga but I know it has ended to. The anime just didn't adapt the world series (which me and others are hoping will be in some form). The author is apparently about to debut a new boxing series so yea manga doesn't continue any further.
Feb 28, 2011 8:55 AM

Dec 2008
Finally got to watch it subbed. :)

Well, that brought nice closure for the series. Though, I think Goro acted like a jerk, but he did that through the series at times too so that's in character.

Yay for brief time of Toshi and happy that Shimizu is happy too.

I also liked that adult Goro's voice actor sang the theme song at the end. That was cool.
Mar 9, 2011 11:03 PM
Dec 2008
i cried a lot watching this..
Apr 4, 2011 7:19 PM

Jun 2009
MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!!!

too bad Goro can't pitch anymore, he has become just like his dad from pitcher to batter
Apr 9, 2011 5:11 PM

Oct 2007
Jog said:
i cried a lot watching this..

Yea the nostalgia got to me too.
Awesome OVA.
♥ Major. Always will.
"But at my back I always hear,
Time's winged chariot hurrying near,
And yonder all before us lie,
Deserts of vast eternity."
-- Andrew Marvell, "To His Coy Mistress"
Apr 17, 2011 10:29 AM

Feb 2008
This really made me miss the series as a whole. There is no other sports anime that comes close to the feelings that major gave off, and there probably never will be.
Major. For life.
Apr 22, 2011 9:00 AM

May 2008
yaHzee said:
This really made me miss the series as a whole. There is no other sports anime that comes close to the feelings that major gave off, and there probably never will be.
Major. For life.
Amen
Dermatitus have plagued men for millenia. Peace, THERE IS NO CURE.
May 6, 2011 5:16 PM
Oct 2007
Major started in 2004. I've now finished watching the anime adaption, 7 years later.

Wow, just wow. It'll be a long time before anything else comes close to replacing it on my list.
May 21, 2011 5:38 AM

Nov 2009
cant believe its finally over.... no series has ever played with my emotions as much as this one has, such a fantastic series with great characters that developed right in front of our eyes, we watched them struggle with and overcome their many problems.
this and FMA brotherhood are my favourite anime's of all time and i doubt i'll ever see anything as brilliant as them.
Jul 13, 2011 9:41 PM

Jun 2009
I AM COMPLETE!
Jan 26, 2012 7:28 AM
Apr 2011
It was pretty good for an ending but I also wanted to know the whereabouts of other characters as well, like whether they all kept in touch or not. I teared at the end when they showed the flashbacks and stuff.
It was nice to see Toshi yet again, cause I guess comparing his character/personality now to the first 3 seasons, he really did change a lot (for the better thank god).
I wanted to see what was happening with Shingo, and whether he did in the end continue baseball or not lol. Taiga is the same as always, just taller hahha :3 And Daigo is soooo adorable, but I don't think he'll be a baseball player like Goro was haha. Just shown through this episode it's obvious he isn't crazy bout baseball hahahaha.

Though it's just my personal opinion, I thought he should've been a coach for the majors or something instead of switching to fielder which he couldn't perform at his best due to both shoulders kinda...dead. Although he told Toshi to wait for him at the top of the majors, I really doubt Goro can do that well as a fielder, sadly. Especially since he kinda stopped batting or even practicing since he left for America in season 4. It's really a pity that he had to quit majors this way :s
Feb 10, 2012 10:52 PM
Mar 2008
OH MY GOD IT'S OVER... feels like yesterday that Goro was that litle kid :')

I wish there was more scenes with Kaoru though ._.
Oct 15, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
I'm gonna go head and assume that Sato is getting it on with his sister...

Good night sweet Major... it's been quite a ride..
Nov 12, 2012 7:04 AM

Jan 2008
Aw, I am saddened this anime ends. Though being a fielder is nice, I think it's more decent if Goro became a coach instead, considering both his shoulders' condition. It pained me watching his performance in the field. I also doubt if he can still make it into major in that state.
The ending scenes and the song felt nostalgic and at the same time, saddening that this is the last of the installment. Damn, I wanted to cry.
Dec 23, 2012 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
It took me awhile but I finally finished major and I got to say it's been one hell of a ride. Man there were a lot of ups and downs with all the drama and injuries. Nevertheless I enjoyed this show tremendously and I'm sad it's over 8/10 for the whole series.
Jan 20, 2013 9:49 AM

Mar 2011
I'm sad and empty inside now that this series is over.

Great, lovable characters and story.
Mar 28, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
"That's all Folks"

What a Great ride it has been, he ended up being in the same position as his Dad switching from pitcher to Batter/Fielder

Those Ending Flashback scenes mixed in with that wonderful song *Nostalgic* almost teared up

overall a great sports anime, right up there with the likes of Slam Dunk, E21 and all Adachi's works
May 30, 2013 10:24 AM

Dec 2008
well, looks like i'll be the dissenting voice. i didn't like the story at all. sure, Goro working hard to rehab as a fielder is fine, and it's of course entirely in character that he wouldn't give up baseball, and i enjoyed that part.

but he is the worst father. he is much worse than either of his fathers were. he doesn't even put in time to play with his children. his daughter doesn't know anything about baseball because he doesn't put in effort to show her. she thinks he is a lazy bum, and is ashamed of him. and for what? because he has some moronic idea of not letting his kids see what hard work rehab is because it might spoil baseball for them? seriously, it'd instill more of a love of the sport in them if he played baseball with them, rather than batting in a homerun out of the blue some years later. cool? not cool at all. when Honda did something similar to Goro, i could understand Momoko not protesting; she was just his teacher then. but Kaoru should put her foot down about it instead of meekly complying.

Goro's always been selfish; he treated Kaoru like crap during the entire 6th season, and i ended up not caring whether they ever got together; the romance always felt tacked on anyway -- ok, fine, it's a sports anime, i don't actually expect romance. or fatherhood. but if you push it in my face, then make it good; don't lower the character in my esteem by showing him to be just as simple-minded and egotistical 14 years later.

Major is one of the few sports anime i actually like; heck, it inspired me to go and watch the local high school kids play. but i wish i could un-see this OVA.
Jun 11, 2013 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
A perfect ending for a beautiful series. My life is now complete and I can die now in peace.
Jul 18, 2013 8:06 AM

Mar 2010
VitaX said:

Agreeing with this 100%.

Anyways, just recently i watched the entire series. I would call this the last episode of Major. Im so sad it's over.. it made my eyes wet :( and Goro (voiceactor) was singing in the end... and all that had happened was flashing before my eyes while i remember how great this whole series was.

Anyways, amazing series with ups and some downs, mostly ups!!

Im glad i watched this through.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What happened to Goro's siblings??

Jsar0 - Oct 24, 2021

3 by xQcOW »»
Nov 11, 2021 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.