Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 16, 2009 6:23 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That creepy master again? And Claudia killed that long hair guy? No, she killed a guy behind him.

I think Zwei's the only one has a hint about Ein being the sniper that time.

Cal want to say with Zwei still even after the killer of her sister was "killed".

Zwei likes Cal now because Cal reminded him of the happy past time.

At the end, instru. of one of Zwei's character songs!
tsubasaloverJul 16, 2009 6:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 16, 2009 8:49 PM

Jun 2009
i just finsihed watching this episode
and im seriously
dissapointed.
=_=
Zwei and Eren belong together. but nuu.
cal had to barge in the way.. oomg.
and watch the preview of ep 17..
some good shots there=]
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 16, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2009
kerobear said:
and im seriously
dissapointed.
=_=
some good shots there=]

OMG!!! REALLY ?! Then I guess I gotta rate this 5/5 even if I'm not watching it yet & HELL YEAH for some hot "action" between Reiji x Cal xd . And before I get labeled as a sicko for loving LOLI, lets just say that I love Cal so much because of her future ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 17, 2009 2:23 PM

Jun 2009
abrasicu said:
kerobear said:
and im seriously
dissapointed.
=_=
some good shots there=]

OMG!!! REALLY ?! Then I guess I gotta rate this 5/5 even if I'm not watching it yet & HELL YEAH for some hot "action" between Reiji x Cal xd . And before I get labeled as a sicko for loving LOLI, lets just say that I love Cal so much because of her future ;)

Yeah.....sucks. hated this episode...
=_= you'll understand when your at the middle part.
Things start to unravel, and like YEAH MADNESS EVERYWHERE=D
Ein gets longer hair<3
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 17, 2009 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
kerobear said:
abrasicu said:
kerobear said:
and im seriously
dissapointed.
=_=
some good shots there=]

Yeah.....sucks. hated this episode...
=_= you'll understand when your at the middle part.
Things start to unravel, and like YEAH MADNESS EVERYWHERE=D
Ein gets longer hair<3

Longer hair? Hmm...Hmmm...Sound appealing indeed xd, but as long as she still keeps that "HAI MASHTA!!!!" she will be boring even with the help of a look change IMO.Oh well, you will see the serie hottest woman soon & prepared to be "Oh Shi-" in a sensual way when you see her...xD

Jul 17, 2009 11:28 PM
Jan 2008
good episode. Laughed my ass of when I saw Cal with cat ears.
Jul 18, 2009 2:23 PM
Nov 2008
Good episode. I overall liked it.

However, I am kinda shocked as well. Godoh's subordinate (Shiga, was it?) is hailed by Godoh as the "intelligent" one. However, how was he so easily tricked by the scythemaster? The photo of Reiji (him with the gun beside the dead man) and the cause of death of that Godoh subordinate don't even match. That other subordinate died from being sliced by a knife (by Elen). Naturally, Shiga would not know that Elen was the one who killed him. However, he should know that the other Godoh subordinate died from having his throat slit by a knife. Wouldn't it seem off to him that Reiji, who was holding a gun in the photo he received from scythemaster, use a knife to kill the other Godoh subordinate at close proximity?
Jul 18, 2009 2:44 PM

Feb 2009
Black_Rhapsody said:
Good episode. I overall liked it.

However, I am kinda shocked as well. Godoh's subordinate (Shiga, was it?) is hailed by Godoh as the "intelligent" one. However, how was he so easily tricked by the scythemaster? The photo of Reiji (him with the gun beside the dead man) and the cause of death of that Godoh subordinate don't even match. That other subordinate died from being sliced by a knife (by Elen). Naturally, Shiga would not know that Elen was the one who killed him. However, he should know that the other Godoh subordinate died from having his throat slit by a knife. Wouldn't it seem off to him that Reiji, who was holding a gun in the photo he received from scythemaster, use a knife to kill the other Godoh subordinate at close proximity?

Reiji touched the knife, so it has his fingerprints on it.

This is one of those points which is made clear in the visual novel, but not in the anime. Blame Bee Train and their incompetency.
CheesyhoboeJul 18, 2009 2:48 PM
Jul 18, 2009 2:50 PM

May 2009
Dang now i really want to watch the next episode... dang teasers... Bet the next episode will end with them running into each other and make us wait another week though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 18, 2009 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
Nice to see the series is finally picking up again. I can't say i'm a huge fan of the heavily implied lolicon though.

Godoh's number 2 didn't seem to have the knife fingerprinted though and it really did seem like he just saw the photo and assumed Phantom was the killer. I guess that makes sense though as he never really trusted inferno at all and always seemed to be looking for a reason to convince his friend to back out of the deal.
Jul 18, 2009 3:29 PM

Jul 2008
That was a good episode. Claudia's thinking saved her once again. I wonder how long she can cover for herself. Scythe's trying to make her fall. I guess Reiji also has a new reason to do better. I still don't like Cal, but she's not bad. I'm hoping that if Elen has to kill Reiji she won't be a sniper. Hopefully up close so that he can see her face and he will know she's alive. Uh, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 18, 2009 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
Nice interesting twist, now Reiji is extremely emotionally attached to Cal, I see some tragedy comming here for no reason in particular, Probably he will have to chose between those two girls anyway; loved the ending so, obviusly Elen/Ein didn't shoot Reiji in the train station since he was unharmed when they both were talking on the roof. I wanna see the interaction between both of them to see how she'll react.

I wonder if Reiji raped Cal :/ Sorry but I couldn't avoid the question.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 18, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder where Isaac was shot, because there were no blood on him (censorship, yay!). I don't get people fascinated with this episode (or rather preview of next one). After first 5 minutes it was simply boring (again poor assassin wants to get his old life back because of a normal girl he met. wow, just wow). And one more thing: everybody knows that Elen is alive since elevator scene.
Jul 18, 2009 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
Tamaki-san said:

Wha-?! 0-o, what are you talking about? Dont you mean "make love" to Cal? The sexual act where both parties enjoy the pleasure together? Arrrggghhhh, some disturbing yet romantic Lolicon images just flashed through my mind & I dont hate it...

Jul 18, 2009 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
Ximinez said:
I wonder where Isaac was shot, because there were no blood on him (censorship, yay!). I don't get people fascinated with this episode (or rather preview of next one). After first 5 minutes it was simply boring (again poor assassin wants to get his old life back because of a normal girl he met. wow, just wow). And one more thing: everybody knows that Elen is alive since elevator scene.

I bet you hate it cuz you dont like LOLI's romance, amirite? ;)

Jul 18, 2009 4:08 PM

Aug 2008
abrasicu said:
Ximinez said:

I bet you hate it cuz you dont like LOLI's romance, amirite? ;)

You hit the nail of the head :B
Jul 18, 2009 4:17 PM

Jan 2009
Heh ^_^; ... well

First of all, it's Cal going after Reiji, not the other way round. Also (and here, the animation doesn't really help), according to the official solution books, these are the ages of the characters:

Chapter 1
> Ein 14
> Zwei 15

Chapter 2
> Ein 15
> Zwei 16
> Cal 14

Chapter 3
Not yet ;)

Oh, and about "the" question: (Spoiler for comparison of this scene to the game version:)

Cal is mostly suffering from malnutrition, I'd say ^_^
Jul 18, 2009 4:26 PM

May 2008
Even if Cal's going after Reiji, he still seems to like it ;D This is getting fishy.

Haha. And it looks like he's pimping again.

Jul 18, 2009 4:27 PM

Jul 2009
Mentar said:
Heh ^_^; ... well

First of all, it's Cal going after Reiji, not the other way round. Also (and here, the animation doesn't really help), according to the official solution books, these are the ages of the characters:

Chapter 1
> Ein 14
> Zwei 15

Chapter 2
> Ein 15
> Zwei 16
> Cal 14

Chapter 3
Not yet ;)

Oh, and about "the" question: (Spoiler for comparison of this scene to the game version:)

Cal is mostly suffering from malnutrition, I'd say ^_^

I knew about the spoiler, trying to sound satisfied with what I got: No romantic "action", & you just have to bring it up... Now I guess I gotta go punch some thing again...Isnt this show supposed to be "action" genre? And those stupid producers dont give us "action" when we need it to happen, GEEZ :(

Jul 18, 2009 4:40 PM

Jul 2008
This was a so-so episode for me. I still can't stand Cal. Each episode that she's in, just ruins it for me. Maybe I'll warm up to her later on, but I'm kind of wavering on that. It especially annoyed me to hear her talk about Reiji and assassins like she did this episode. Her wanting to become an assasssin just to be by his side, in the same world, just annoyed me to no end. She talks about how Reiji would never kill innocents, but yet he killed that wife and kid before, even though he was different then, it just goes to show how little she knows him.

I'm pretty excited for the next episode though. It's about time Reiji and Ein meet again. It feels like forever since they were last in a scene together.
Jul 18, 2009 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Tamaki-san said:

Wha-?! 0-o, what are you talking about? Dont you mean "make love" to Cal? The sexual act where both parties enjoy the pleasure together? Arrrggghhhh, some disturbing yet romantic Lolicon images just flashed through my mind & I dont hate it...

In another words; Sex, and whats wrong with a romantic secks scene between Cal and Reiji?

Oh wait, see what I did there?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 18, 2009 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
Nekomimi meido loli: approved!

I wish for an Ein vs Cal showdown in the end no matter how unlikely it is
Jul 18, 2009 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
Tamaki-san said:
abrasicu said:
Tamaki-san said:

In another words; Sex, and whats wrong with a romantic secks scene between Cal and Reiji?

Oh wait, see what I did there?

Nah, nothing wrong, I would rather like it to happen actually, just saying I got some anime trauma with the word "RAEP" & I want both of 'em to feel "good" ;)

Jul 18, 2009 4:56 PM

Jan 2009
abrasicu said:
Isnt this show supposed to be "action" genre? And those stupid producers dont give us "action" when we need it to happen, GEEZ :(

Actually, no. I'd label Phantom an ultra-bitter and dark drama, with strong action and romance elements. However, first and foremost, it's drama in a film noir background.
Jul 18, 2009 5:31 PM

Apr 2008
Cal wearing cat ears ... lols~
not bad episode

Jul 18, 2009 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
Another blah episode. What it comes down to is that I am disgusted by Cal, so every minute she's on screen, I just get bored and my mind starts wandering. Claudia shooting Issac was awesome, and I got my answer regarding Lizzie--she's just a dog and doesn't think about anything--so that's something. I just can't believe what's his name got tricked by Scythe so easily, but whatever.

If everything gets exposed by the end of this chapter, I don't see how Cal will be able to forgive Reiji for lying to her.
Jul 18, 2009 7:13 PM

Feb 2008
Woah woah woah! I was a little disturbed by the shot that appeared like Zwei walked in on Cal getting out of the shower and smiled. Their relationship better be big brother/little sister.

I also kind of don't like her intrusion. I have a feeling she's making him soft and she's going to die, and when she does it'll effect his A-game.

Elen"please call me Ein"Apathy really pisses me off.
Jul 18, 2009 7:24 PM

Jul 2009
Hinata020 said:
Woah woah woah! I was a little disturbed by the shot that appeared like Zwei walked in on Cal getting out of the shower and smiled. Their relationship better be big brother/little sister.

I also kind of don't like her intrusion. I have a feeling she's making him soft and she's going to die, and when she does it'll effect his A-game.

Oh now that you mention about that scene, I wonder if the "action" lacked supposed to be there <3 but the producers hafta hide for censoring's sake. Thanks man, now I can go dirty fantasizing NAO! xd. Oh, & just wanna say that your hypothesis is all wrong so dont worry, NitroPlus' story is way more original than that ;)

Jul 18, 2009 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
Another great episode. I'm happy McGwire didn't die because if he did I would have been disappointed in him. And hahaha Cal with cat ears, and Cal got in bed with Reiji, then he looked at her naked in the bathroom...........

Cal with Cat Ears

Reiji and Cal sleeping together

And, I am VERY excited for next weeks episode, it looks like its got action and Reiji finally meets Ein!!
Meh_93Jul 18, 2009 8:09 PM
Jul 18, 2009 7:59 PM

Mar 2009
Hinata020 said:

You know Reiji is a pedo now and he sexed up Cal :P.
Jul 18, 2009 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
BloodRavyne said:
You know Reiji is a pedo now and he sexed up Cal :P.

You do realize he only was 2 years older than her right, counting the fact that he still is a teenager, I wouldnt call he "pedo". However, cant deny Cal being a "LOLI" when she was still underdevelopped considering her age. But...

Jul 18, 2009 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
Don't go!...well next episode should be interesting. I hate how in some anime shows when progress is made between two people and then it's like they go backwards and lose the relationship that was built up.
Jul 18, 2009 9:28 PM
May 2008
I think people are reading into the whole Reiji x Cal thing too much.

Anyway, nice steady progression in this episode which is nice... and Elen/Ein is finally returning... which has taken way too long.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 18, 2009 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
noo i want more =D
cant wait for the meeting next week
kinda feel bad that Reiji was framed , and gatta how Reiji managed to figure out that it was a trap from preview >_>
Jul 18, 2009 10:00 PM

Apr 2009
Cal is not necessarily being involved with Reiji as some here imply. In fact, I hardly see that kind of emotion in those two esp Reiji. After Cal stayed with Judy, she became her sister, perhaps now Reiji is her brother.
Jul 18, 2009 10:41 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think the shower scene deserves nearly as much fuss as it's getting. No statutory rape necessarily took place (though if you want to imagine it did, whatever). It seems more like a brother/sister sort of relationship at this time anyhow, and though I don't think it matters much, the unhesitant nudity seemed to more symbolic of Reiji and Cal's new openness with one another and in contrast to the nudity involving Ein/Elen (which seemed more symbolic of a forced intimate connection).

Anyhow, I am curious as to how well Cal really understands Reiji. She did mention that he wasn't killing innocents, and yet the assassinations from episode 5 come to mind as a direct contradiction. But maybe I'm looking too far into it.
Jul 18, 2009 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
mr_utopia_man said:
I don't think the shower scene deserves nearly as much fuss as it's getting. No statutory rape necessarily took place (though if you want to imagine it did, whatever). It seems more like a brother/sister sort of relationship at this time anyhow, and though I don't think it matters much, the unhesitant nudity seemed to more symbolic of Reiji and Cal's new openness with one another and in contrast to the nudity involving Ein/Elen (which seemed more symbolic of a forced intimate connection).

Anyhow, I am curious as to how well Cal really understands Reiji. She did mention that he wasn't killing innocents, and yet the assassinations from episode 5 come to mind as a direct contradiction. But maybe I'm looking too far into it.

totally agreed about Cal. As for Ep 5, I guess he had those weird eyes back then which I haven't seen since he and Elen got shot.
Jul 18, 2009 11:29 PM
Jun 2009
abrasicu said:

I knew about the spoiler, trying to sound satisfied with what I got: No romantic "action", & you just have to bring it up... Now I guess I gotta go punch some thing again...Isnt this show supposed to be "action" genre? And those stupid producers dont give us "action" when we need it to happen, GEEZ :(

I personally was waiting for Cal on all fours with Reiji really giving her the ol' spring cleaning.

Hymen parting like the Red Sea and all that. Too bad... I think it kind of screwed up that moment a bit that the emotion was so ambiguous. The words were so similar to a "relationship" but without any consummation via a sexual act. Kind of disappointing.

Cal really needed some dick action... one can only hope it just didn't make the censored cut.
Skeptic__Jul 18, 2009 11:35 PM
Jul 18, 2009 11:46 PM

Jul 2009
mr_utopia_man said:

Um, sorry to say this, but if you guys hope to know the canon story, which is the game, then no brother-sister crap between Reiji & Cal, it's PURE & SIMPLE ROMANTIC L-O-V-E. Somehow, its was toned down & left ambiguous in the shower scene where it should be a hug at the very least & S-E-X at the best in this ep, which contribute to my disappointment for the otherwise significant ep IMO

Jul 19, 2009 12:34 AM

Jun 2009
I really enjoyed this episode, especially the emotional dialogue between Reiji and Cal as he tries to tell how he doesn't want her to go any deeper into his world by explaining how much it had destroyed him, and how he wished he could go back to those happy days he once had. Then Cal telling him that she was to be of use to Reiji, how she can't live without being by his side, and that she is willing to go into Reiji's world just to be by him.
(Did something really happen between those two?)
Jul 19, 2009 2:59 AM

Apr 2009
J3T said:
(Did something really happen between those two?)

I think that in anime, NO..

but in game, YES..

i enjoyed this ep too.. as far as i'm concerned, as long as you don't hate cal, you should have been enjoying the episodes since she appeared.. most people were just waiting for elen to return and leaving cal aside just because she's loli..

anyway.. i also can't deny that i am excited about the next episode.. i just wonder what will happen to either elen or cal.. though i think reiji would still choose elen..
Jul 19, 2009 3:30 AM

Dec 2007
Eh, I seem to be one of the few who prefers Cal to Elen. Elen's apathetic attitude, even after everything Reiji has done is really annoying me. -_-

As for the question if something happened between them, since it happened in game I just treat it as offscreen in this case. And I don't really see the problem with that anyway, it's not like their age gap is huge...it's just the character design.
Jul 19, 2009 3:56 AM

May 2009
cal is stil a kid...i think Zwai shows patern fellings for her and for Ein ..some kind of love
I`M A MURDERER
Jul 19, 2009 4:52 AM

Jan 2009
Reiji.. no, Zwei, I don't like calling him Reiji xD anyway, Zwei was being too emotional in this episode, also, why doesn't he stop whining about Cal, train her to be an assassin instead, at least she might get a little less annoying if she starts killing..
also lol Scythe Master a.k.a. Guiseppe whatever or something, he doesn't give up now does he?: D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
Racu said:
cal is stil a kid...i think Zwai shows patern fellings for her and for Ein ..some kind of love

Cal is 14, and like many other kids without a family quite streetwise and fairly mature for her age. Just a bit underdeveloped due to malnutrition.

Charliehsv: This board seems indeed to be flooded with Ein shippers and Cal haters, overall ;) ... I can only say: Persevere!
Jul 19, 2009 6:59 AM

Jun 2008
Decent episode. Next episode seems better, I hope.
Jul 19, 2009 8:33 AM

May 2009
@Mentar ...loool ...malnutrition you sad it and she is matura but not phisicaly ... i dont think Zwai will @#$% her like how he did with Claudia...dont aspect a happy ending Ein will be killed bcz she will always protect Scythe Master
I`M A MURDERER
Jul 19, 2009 8:36 AM

Aug 2006
Charliehsv said:
Eh, I seem to be one of the few who prefers Cal to Elen. Elen's apathetic attitude, even after everything Reiji has done is really annoying me. -_-

Not the only one. Elen/Ein gets on my nerves as well. However, having never played any H game, I still am looking at the whole Reiji/Cal relationship as brother/sister. I'm entirely too uncomfortable with the fact that they made Cal look like a little elementary school girl instead of her real age.

And just as a side note. As a mom of teenage girls, I gotta say, she's still too young, even at 14!! :P *hides from the flames*
Jul 19, 2009 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
This is so wrong!!

Conspiracy

Next episode

And so, it seems as though the multiple endings of the game got mixed into a single one or perhaps, this is actually one of those Ein's ending. I don't really know as that I have only obtained 6 passwords in the dvd game. There should be over 20 or more.
Jul 19, 2009 9:19 AM
Jun 2009
okay i'm liking yet disturbed by this recent development..so reiji is showing some affections for cal...that part was sad yet i kinda understood his feelings...but the part in the shower..like uhhh what happened??did anything happened??i hope not...coz well its wrong!!
yeah she's 14 and he's juz a lil older than her...this pedo-love is disturbing...
but despite all of that i kinda prefer her than ein right now.cal is reiji's retribution...
still that shower scene was so wrong!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cheesyhoboe - Apr 23, 2009

116 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.