Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 16, 2009 7:15 PM

Jul 2007
R-Zero said:

Is just me or the Vizards were exaggerating way too much just to kill that couple of hollows? That was certainly to show off, but, seriously, they needed to use their masks? pff...Felt pathetic in comparison to Aizen and Gin killing off those Menos when rescuing Momo, Kira, Renji and Hisagi.

You see that was the reason.

They took up the masks and slaughtered menos this way BECAUSE they wanted to SHOW Aizen the power he so much wanted and could not get.

Shinji's lines reinforce that.
Jul 16, 2009 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
So Shinji just put his mask on for show? And if he's going to attack Aizen (or getting attacked), where are Gin and Tousen? But anyway, Vizards are awesome as per usual.
cabaretJul 16, 2009 7:30 PM
Jul 16, 2009 8:58 PM

May 2008
radiantfire said:

The Vizards were freaking badass in this chapter
Though I have a feeling Aizen's not going to be intimidated by Shinji

Not for another 100 chapters anyway.
Jul 16, 2009 10:14 PM

Jul 2008
sugoi!! sugoi!!!

Ikimashou!! vizards..ahahaha
Jul 16, 2009 10:28 PM

Mar 2009
Fai said:
You see that was the reason.

They took up the masks and slaughtered menos this way BECAUSE they wanted to SHOW Aizen the power he so much wanted and could not get.

Shinji's lines reinforce that.

I see.

Mocking Aizen were they. But is Aizen someone whos likely to get impressed by that? I'm not sure.

I would love to see some Aizen vs Shinji action now. Sometimes I think I overestimate Aizen (well a lot of people do that too), mainly due the impressions of being so strong in SS Arc.

Guess we all waited enough and deserve that.

Jul 16, 2009 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
I'm so glad that there was no conversing between the heros and enemies, but it's a huge relief that they're finally in action now. Glad to see all of them fighting.
Jul 16, 2009 11:20 PM
Dec 2008
series is turning out to be alot worst than dbz.
Jul 17, 2009 1:06 AM

Apr 2009
shinji might die

or aizen will retreat

and the series might go even longer

sigh
Jul 17, 2009 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
alex264 said:
shinji might die

Whoa o.o That would be one hell of a plot twist.
But you know what? I'd actually like that.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 17, 2009 2:34 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah we get it, vizards are strong. I hope shinji vs aizen will last longer. I don't want it to end in a few special moves.
Jul 17, 2009 3:22 AM

Oct 2008
Vizardddddddd<3

Shinji-kun is awesome. :3

Aizen would probably pull something out though, because if he died from that attack, Ichigo would have nothing to do.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 17, 2009 4:58 AM

Nov 2008
It was pretty cool to see their fighting styles. I love how even when they use pretty much the same weapons they still seem completely different. Butt they should've used them against other opponents then menos, cause it makes them look weak. They should be able to wipe those out just by existing.
Jul 17, 2009 6:23 AM

Nov 2008
Good actions scene and good drawing, I really liked this chapter and this is the first since a while that I really enjoyed the fighting.
But why the fuck do the vaizards have to show all of their potential while it's just Gillian that they're fighting ??!?
The last cliffhanger was ridiculous I guess, we all know that Aizen will use an illusion from KyoukaSuigetsu to escape from Hirako's attack ...
HooHiraiBunnyJul 17, 2009 9:34 AM
Jul 17, 2009 6:30 AM

Mar 2008
meh chapter to me
It was like giving a page to each Vizard...thought that was a bit cheap. Especially just fighting a horde of menos grande...nothing special...big meh
Jul 17, 2009 8:07 AM

Oct 2007
I'm going to be amazingly pissed if Aizen catches Shinji's sword with his bare hands.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jul 17, 2009 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
another rocking chapter.. I really loved the 2page spreads the vizards have been getting.. can't wait for the next chapter.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Jul 17, 2009 1:39 PM

May 2007
Cool chapter albeit v short, but to be expected. Shinji's grin in the last page reminds me of Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange. Hoping for more action next week.. Also, is it me or was Rose playing the air-keyboards? LOL.
Jul 17, 2009 3:42 PM

May 2009
zed said:
Shinji's grin in the last page reminds me of Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange.

Haha, yes. Big time.
Jul 17, 2009 4:20 PM

Jul 2008
Vizards owned this chapter!! I thought it was a great chapter.

And finally someone is standing up to Aizen!! While I doubt it will hurt Aizen because he looked so calm I still have to say go Shinji!

Jul 17, 2009 4:50 PM

May 2009
Average chapter, they really made it obvious that Aizen will block/dodge Shinji's attack.

I wonder who will defeat Aizen though, most likely Ichigo.
Jul 17, 2009 8:12 PM

Jun 2007
Good chapter... showing their powers and all but wow defeating Menos Grandes oh that really shows how powerful they are ...=_=
Jul 17, 2009 8:48 PM

Jan 2008
hanabiii said:
Good chapter... showing their powers and all but wow defeating Menos Grandes oh that really shows how powerful they are ...=_=

Hitsugaya was apparently wetting his pants about it...despite the fact that he was the very one that dismissed the Gillians as being simple foot soldiers that any captain could waste easily.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Jul 17, 2009 9:36 PM

Feb 2009
When Shinji attacked Aizen, an idea came to me.
i don't think Tite Kubo knows how he wants Aizen to be beaten.
I really hope Ichigo doesn't beat him through WILLPOWER.

Jul 17, 2009 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
Boring chapter, lulz at Menos icecubes.
Jul 18, 2009 3:37 AM

Jul 2007
ichikiba said:
hanabiii said:

Hitsugaya was apparently wetting his pants about it...despite the fact that he was the very one that dismissed the Gillians as being simple foot soldiers that any captain could waste easily.

You need to take into account that Vaizards "wasted" a few DOZENS of them in matter of mere seconds, without any big explosive special attacks.

Sure captain can take care of one Menos Grande, but could one captain stand against a few dozens of them, without doing some huge full power attack? I think not.

Soi Fon and other AOE-types might stand a chance on doing it at the same speed as Vaizards did, however others would, well, it would probably take a while
Jul 18, 2009 5:43 AM

Nov 2008
Also, Hitsugaya might not know who they are so it's not that odd for him to be surprised at their power.
Jul 18, 2009 6:37 AM

Nov 2008
Shinji has no chance against Aizen.Ichigo will come and kick Aizen's butt.Sad but true :(
Jul 18, 2009 7:10 AM
Nov 2007
Aizen actually is just an illusion and Shinji is in reality attacking Yamamoto/Somebody else from the good guys and ends up killing him 'cause of Aizens hypnosis.

Well at least that is what I wish for. :/
Otherwise we all know, that this isnt really a "deadly strike". -_-
Jul 18, 2009 9:54 AM

May 2009
Tyrfing said:
Aizen actually is just an illusion and Shinji is in reality attacking Yamamoto/Somebody else from the good guys and ends up killing him 'cause of Aizens hypnosis.

Well at least that is what I wish for. :/
Otherwise we all know, that this isnt really a "deadly strike". -_-

Whaaaaaat? That's terrible!! Why would anyone want that? The situation is precarious enough as is, the good guys damn better not end up fighting each other, or Karakura Town will be screwed!
AikaHimeJul 18, 2009 10:07 AM
Jul 18, 2009 10:18 AM

Nov 2008
aem092384 said:
Whaaaaaat? That's terrible!! Why would anyone want that? The situation is precarious enough as is, the good guys damn better not end up fighting each other, or Karakura Town will be screwed!

Because we want drama. Right now I just don't see any reason to be worried about anything. Now if Kubo showed us he's willing to kill someone off (even if it's someone boring like Yamamoto), then it'd be interesting. So yeah, I'm hoping Tyrfing is right even though it's really unlikely (at least the part about the victim dying).
Jul 18, 2009 10:38 AM

May 2009
Mammoth said:
aem092384 said:

Because we want drama. Right now I just don't see any reason to be worried about anything. Now if Kubo showed us he's willing to kill someone off (even if it's someone boring like Yamamoto), then it'd be interesting. So yeah, I'm hoping Tyrfing is right even though it's really unlikely (at least the part about the victim dying).

I like Yamamoto, we hardly see him and I think his strength is going to be needed again in this fight.

I have also grown accustomed to the fact that Kubo - thus far, anyway - has not killed off any "good" characters. Usually I don't get too worried about main characters, because I know they never die. And yeah, it would definitely make things more interesting if he did.

And, by the way, I've been thinking about Ichigo's dad.

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to be showing up at some point during this fight? Two reasons: 1. His children and community are being attacked, and 2. Karakura was transported to Soul Society with everyone asleep, but since he's a shinimgami I don't think that would apply to him.

That, or he'll show himself to Ichigo's or Renji's group.
Jul 18, 2009 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
See, this is the problem with guys who can do illusions. You really never know wtf exactly you're reading until somebody end up half-dead. Hmm.
Jul 18, 2009 4:26 PM

Dec 2008
In terms of plot development, this chapter carried us a fraction of an inch forward. Still, it was loads of fun watching the Vaizard in action so it wasn't a total waste xD The action scenes were very well drawn, too - that two-page spread of the Vaizard getting ready to leap into action? It would make an epic poster if it were coloured and enlarged!
Jul 18, 2009 5:00 PM

Nov 2008
aem092384 said:
And, by the way, I've been thinking about Ichigo's dad.

Am I the only one who thinks he's going to be showing up at some point during this fight? Two reasons: 1. His children and community are being attacked, and 2. Karakura was transported to Soul Society with everyone asleep, but since he's a shinimgami I don't think that would apply to him.

That, or he'll show himself to Ichigo's or Renji's group.

I think it's much more likely next time he's involved in a fight will be to help Ichigo. It's just more dramatic than helping out random shinigami. He might be the one to kill Yammi, I guess. If not, I think he'll play a major role when the royal guards appear. The cloth on his shoulder doesn't look quite like a captain's and no one seems to recognize Ichigo's surname so I suspect he used to be one of them.
Jul 18, 2009 5:44 PM
May 2008
lol i don't really care that nothing happened.
Vaizards pwn.
Jul 18, 2009 7:47 PM
Jul 18, 2009 9:40 PM

Jul 2008
they literally tore those gillians to pieces, nice; and shinji goes in for the kill
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 19, 2009 3:17 AM

Oct 2007
Lol, I reckon I went trough this chapter in what? 30 seconds? The action was pretty epic tho I have to admit. Vaizards rule so hard!

HawthorneKitty said:
Mashiro Ki ~~~~~~~ ck!

That was really hilarious ^_^

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jul 19, 2009 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
noooo don't do it
Jul 19, 2009 10:40 AM

May 2007
Shinji and other Vaizard's with masks on + bankai plz.

also, is it just me or was it never fully explained how much the hollow masks actually contribute to a shinigami's full power? obviously it seems to boost it, but is that in every aspect? and by how much? it seems like it was just assumed that putting on a hollow mask made a shinigami > captain level when clearly that doesn't seem to be the case ..
Jul 19, 2009 10:59 AM

May 2009
NiTemareParadise said:
Vizard are awesome.
Doubt Shinji's gonna be able to harm Aizen though. After having a chapter called "The Revenger's High" i'm almost certain the next chapter will be "The Revenger's Low" and feature Aizen defeating Shinji/the Vizard.

I agree. There's no way Aizen will be taken down on the first attack.

Xyik said:

also, is it just me or was it never fully explained how much the hollow masks actually contribute to a shinigami's full power? obviously it seems to boost it, but is that in every aspect? and by how much? it seems like it was just assumed that putting on a hollow mask made a shinigami > captain level when clearly that doesn't seem to be the case ..

Good point. No, they never really explained why. Logically, a shinigami is powerful enough and when you add a hollow's powers, BAM!! But as far as the technicalities go, I wonder...
Jul 19, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2008
It's probably that their inner hollow has its own reiatsu reserve and the mask lets them use it. So it just doubles (or something like that) the amount of reiatsu they have to work with and they can use it to boost their speed, power, etc. And they get to use the cero.
Jul 19, 2009 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
Very impresive display of power by the Vaizards but honestly I think that they are no match for Aizen. :(
Jul 19, 2009 7:53 PM

May 2009
Mammoth said:
It's probably that their inner hollow has its own reiatsu reserve and the mask lets them use it. So it just doubles (or something like that) the amount of reiatsu they have to work with and they can use it to boost their speed, power, etc. And they get to use the cero.

Makes sense.
Jul 20, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2009
Lisa-chan is hawt.
Jul 22, 2009 9:40 AM

Mar 2009
The Vizoreds owned this ch.!
I don't think Shinji's gonna beat Aizen just like that, though.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jul 22, 2009 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
Altair718 said:
The Vizoreds owned this ch.!
I don't think Shinji's gonna beat Aizen just like that, though.

Of course not. I don't even think that he can win against him, but I hope that Shinji can kick his ass a bit :3

Jul 23, 2009 9:31 AM

Jun 2008
Nothing much happen except the Vizards killing some Menos. Next chapter probably will go back to Yami.

As about Shinji and Aizen? well am certain Shinji isn't like a normal captain that can get pawned by one finger from Aizen but that slash is nothing for Aizen. He would just stop it, avoid it or some of his guys jump and stop it with out Aizen even moving. It's one of those cliffhangers that are predictable as hell.

Aizen definitely hasn't use any illusion until now. That am certain.
Jul 23, 2009 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
what does the vizard have against gotei 13? i mean why dn't they like them so much?
Jul 23, 2009 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
Gotei 13 expelled them, to them they were not part of Soul Society anymore, they were considered Hollows. So Vizards feel betrayed and abandoned.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.