Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2009 9:32 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Since no one was starting this thread, i decide to do so myself.

The episode had a very interesting twist.
Jul 14, 2009 6:27 PM

May 2007
Good episode. Nice to see that even Arthur has his weaknesses and is haunted by a trauma. Siege of avalon next should be fun to watch with Arawn and Arthur not being there to fight.
Jul 14, 2009 6:27 PM

Aug 2008
*Facepalm*

Was there anyone writing a script for this or they just randomized story elements together? Just when it was starting to get decent with the last ep.
Jul 14, 2009 8:57 PM

Jun 2007
I honestly liked this episode. Sure, it seemed a little sloppy at times, but it really kept my attention. Although... seriously. I understand he was going berserk and reliving a very traumatic event, but still. "I made a promise to avenge my dead father... therefore I'll fulfill it, even if I have to kill my sister!" ...yeah. That's awesome logic, Arthur.

*coughs* But. Good episode overall, I thought.
Jul 15, 2009 2:36 AM

Dec 2008
i was disappointed he didnt die
Jul 15, 2009 3:45 AM

May 2007
Syllen said:

he is the demon king. they dont die that easily :P
Jul 15, 2009 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
rutix said:
Syllen said:

he is the demon king. they dont die that easily :P

Yeah, but without him dying, this whole scene is kind of pointless, especialy Arawn's line "you avanged your father" - how exactly, if he didn't die? And Arthur could simply throw his sister away and then stab defencless Arawn, without berserker's charge...

And yeah, this whole thing came out of nowhere, too random for me, and Arawn didn't even try to explain the whole situation...
Jul 15, 2009 6:46 AM

Sep 2007
Really liked this episode...
But i think they will do the cliffhanger with the dead of Arawn before we know he is not dead. x_x
Jul 15, 2009 7:16 AM

May 2008
oAo

Wow...psycho Arthur is psycho.

Jul 15, 2009 7:22 AM
Jan 2008
that was a good episode. the seige looks like a good epiosde. The look in Arthur's eyes looked crazy in the preview.
Jul 15, 2009 8:48 AM
May 2008
WTF happened to the art style from the previous episode... it returned to the generic art that the series started with. Anyway as for the episode it was rather mediocre... some nice back story added but ruined with the final scene. If Arawn had actually died it wouldn't have been so bad of an episode but instead they chose the cliche revenge followed by regret path. Oh well... I don't really expect much from this series anyway.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 15, 2009 9:05 AM
Jun 2008
they should have kept arawn's still being alive a secret..there was no point if he didn't die..
Jul 15, 2009 9:46 AM

Nov 2007
sooooooooooo. . . . . where was the point in any of that?
"hey! let's go half way to the enemy base because i know immuh gonna get stabbed so's we can come all the way back!"
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jul 15, 2009 9:53 AM

Mar 2009
AceSoldia said:
they should have kept arawn's still being alive a secret..there was no point if he didn't die..

I agree. That one line killed the whole episode. Would've made the plot better if Arawn just randomly appeared when they were in danger of dying or something like that.

I felt some disappointment that Arthur didn't stab Riannon. That would have made it interesting in my opinion.
Jul 15, 2009 1:10 PM

Jan 2009
wat
is what I'd want to say.. but since he's still alive, I won't : p

edit: oh but wait.. I just did O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 15, 2009 9:49 PM

May 2008
They should have given Arthur a brain in this anime. He annoys me more each episode for his lack of common sense.
Also, the dream Riannon had plus the line Arawn spoke about knowing what was going to happen. Was that what it was about? If so this series got lame fast. If the next episode is this bad I'm gonna drop this. BTW! The zombies were all identical and poorly drawn.
Jul 16, 2009 12:13 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty bad episode. Once again we're totally disconnected from the previous episode's ending, and once again, we have Arthur's character development backsliding for the sake of the plot. With this event though, I can safely say that Arthur is worse off, and much more useless than before the show started, since he even seems to have bitched out and ran away.

Worse off, he killed Arawn, but didn't. Even though he got impaled by a large sword, defenseless, Arawn is still alive, removing the point of Arthur's "justice."

I'll also say that I'm disappointed that Arawn is the one who killed Arthur's dad. I figured he would have said something by now so I assumed it was some other person as yet to be mentioned.

Oh well. At least that loose end is tied up.
Jul 16, 2009 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Pretty bad episode. Once again we're totally disconnected from the previous episode's ending, and once again, we have Arthur's character development backsliding for the sake of the plot. With this event though, I can safely say that Arthur is worse off, and much more useless than before the show started, since he even seems to have bitched out and ran away.
I think Arthur was a pretty cool guy in the beginning, wasn't afraid of anything and killed stuff.. (yeah dunno how true that actually is, but anyway, for the sake of lol) now he's pretty much a wuss at best >.>

I'll also say that I'm disappointed that Arawn is the one who killed Arthur's dad. I figured he would have said something by now so I assumed it was some other person as yet to be mentioned.
makes kinda no sense at all, why would Arawn kill his buddy Pwyll's decendant? 'cause I take it Pwyll and Arawn were buddys back then, and since Arthur's his decendant, then that kinda makes his father one too?
OosranJul 18, 2009 12:25 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 16, 2009 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
he said he was brainwashed or something
Jul 17, 2009 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
Man, Arthur is a jerk. I've tried to like him, but he continues to disappoint me. I agree that the impact is lessened by the fact that Arawn didn't die, but he's kinda the main character, and the series is barely past the halfway point. If he's gonna die, it'll be much later. And the scene still served to show the depth of Arthur's anger for his father's killer, he was so shaken up he didn't even think about Riannon.
Jul 17, 2009 1:01 AM

Jan 2009
TKMalone said:
Man, Arthur is a jerk. I've tried to like him, but he continues to disappoint me. I agree that the impact is lessened by the fact that Arawn didn't die, but he's kinda the main character, and the series is barely past the halfway point. If he's gonna die, it'll be much later. And the scene still served to show the depth of Arthur's anger for his father's killer, he was so shaken up he didn't even think about Riannon.
Yup, stupid Arthur is really stupid, huh?
Jul 17, 2009 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
This wasn't disconnected at all and neither the previews episodes, it's going pretty much what happened in the Visual Novel.
Jul 18, 2009 7:38 AM

Sep 2007
I confirm the word of Neji...
I'm here in the game (after three days of game...) and Arthur is the same...
Jul 18, 2009 10:28 PM

Apr 2008
o_o ... Arthur gone berserk x_x

Jul 19, 2009 3:06 AM

Jan 2009
orangehouse said:
o_o ... Arthur gone berserk x_x
no he's just a jerk, don't pay him any mind and maybe he disappears? probably not but one could hope now, right?Dx
Jul 21, 2009 10:10 AM
Dec 2007
Kvakond said:
*Facepalm*

Was there anyone writing a script for this or they just randomized story elements together? Just when it was starting to get decent with the last ep.

Can't say better than that. The 14th episode was excellent, especially the direction and face expressions. This one was totally random scenaristically speaking. And more than a script and character elopment, I feel like these two elements are in a regressive curve in this 15th ep. Well, not a good one, let's see if the siege of Avalon will be more interesting.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 21, 2009 5:22 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

Worse off, he killed Arawn, but didn't. Even though he got impaled by a large sword, defenseless, Arawn is still alive, removing the point of Arthur's "justice."

Oh well. At least that loose end is tied up.

I'm hopping there was a reason for Arawn killing him. But then again I have doubts that it was really him to begin with. The guy who killed Arthur's dad looks very different from the white Arawn we saw in this episode and the Arawn we see in every episode.

@at everyone bitching about Arthur. What he did was understandable. If the killer of your dad was standing in front of you, don't tell me you would just shrug it off because the guys been nice to you. No, you would at least get angry and start beating the living shit out of him. We also have to take into consideration that Arthur was very young when he saw his dad get killed. That amplifys things a lot.

As for the episode as a whole....it was random and felt waaaaay out of place. They leave the village because they want to light then unfinished castle walls on fire...stupid. The only thing that I can think of is that this was a setup to fool the enemy commander into thinking their weak now. If this isnt the case then the episode really is crap.
Jul 21, 2009 10:33 PM

Sep 2008
Oh wow, nice episode. Amazing twist. Did not expect that. O;
Jul 23, 2009 4:19 AM

Sep 2008
DeathfireD said:

@at everyone bitching about Arthur. What he did was understandable. If the killer of your dad was standing in front of you, don't tell me you would just shrug it off because the guys been nice to you. No, you would at least get angry and start beating the living shit out of him. We also have to take into consideration that Arthur was very young when he saw his dad get killed. That amplifys things a lot.

exactly the kind of thing i wanted to say. He isn't just being a dickhead, hes been wanting revenge most of his life. It isn't going to be like 'hey it's all good you killed my father' -_-

The episode was average though. Most of it was pretty sloppy but i found the twist bit to be interesting. (Well i actually guessed that twist a few eps back even if it aint the exact 'truth') It is stupid that Arawn survived though like many said. It did ruin the impact of the scene. However i will agree with other people that he wouldn't die so easily. I actually thought he was gonna die and come back. But no way did i think he would die off for good.
Jul 23, 2009 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
I've had enough of this stupidity.
Jul 24, 2009 5:36 AM

Jun 2007
Good except for Arthur being a baka.

Forgot that Arawn was dead for the past 1,000 years memory lapse?
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Jul 24, 2009 4:29 PM

Jul 2008
the "hell" cauldron, huh? sounds a lot like the black cauldron to me, but hey i think they're basing it off the same mythology; and arawn just pwned those undead guys, but at what cost?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 28, 2009 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
They certainly put a lot of effort in disposing of those zombies when they could have simply walked around them, clearly they weren't the fast-type of zombies. xD
Aug 1, 2009 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
velcom said:
DeathfireD said:

exactly the kind of thing i wanted to say. He isn't just being a dickhead, hes been wanting revenge most of his life. It isn't going to be like 'hey it's all good you killed my father' -_-

The episode was average though. Most of it was pretty sloppy but i found the twist bit to be interesting. (Well i actually guessed that twist a few eps back even if it aint the exact 'truth') It is stupid that Arawn survived though like many said. It did ruin the impact of the scene. However i will agree with other people that he wouldn't die so easily. I actually thought he was gonna die and come back. But no way did i think he would die off for good.

For those of you who didnt notice Arwan was dead for the past 1000 years, how the heck can he kill Arthur's father?

As to why he didn't die:
Aug 3, 2009 7:15 PM

Aug 2007
Arthur's reaction to the whole situation is understandable. He father was killed in front of him, when he was a small child. Arawn also egged him on, by telling him to come and try to avenge his father.

What I don't understand is, why did he killed Arthur's father? He doesn't seem like a bad guy. In fact it's out of his character to be so evil.
Aug 3, 2009 11:23 PM

Jun 2007
Just I said earlier, Arthur is a total dumbass.

Evilincarnate said:
velcom said:
DeathfireD said:

For those of you who didnt notice Arwan was dead for the past 1000 years, how the heck can he kill Arthur's father?

As to why he didn't die:
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 3, 2009 11:24 PM

Jun 2007
Did you watch the earlier eps at all???

tttm said:
Arthur's reaction to the whole situation is understandable. He father was killed in front of him, when he was a small child. Arawn also egged him on, by telling him to come and try to avenge his father.

What I don't understand is, why did he killed Arthur's father? He doesn't seem like a bad guy. In fact it's out of his character to be so evil.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 7, 2009 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
Very good episode, don't blame Arthur he live with hatred and wants revenge for his father thats all..
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 10, 2009 1:37 AM
Apr 2008
zinvince said:
Very good episode, don't blame Arthur he live with hatred and wants revenge for his father thats all..

i agree lol i think id wanna kill anyone who killed my dad and i dont think anything would stop me not even if arawn was a good guy . which on that note i hate arawn with passion.
i hate hime more than ichigo ...that says something.
Sep 2, 2009 6:22 AM

Jun 2008
bubbleboy352 said:
sooooooooooo. . . . . where was the point in any of that?
"hey! let's go half way to the enemy base because i know immuh gonna get stabbed so's we can come all the way back!"

I agree with this. Really what's the point? And why didn't he let the magisian to that fire spell? So what if it takes some time before he does it again? It's better than the shit that happened.
Sep 26, 2009 9:45 PM

May 2008
AHAHAHA everyone just look like idiots and not doing anything

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 18, 2009 10:18 PM

Oct 2008

The Demon King performs high-level Holy magic..

Jan 10, 2010 4:15 PM

Oct 2007
Main point of the episode
-Authur is a faking retard.

Feb 26, 2010 5:14 AM
Apr 2009
Kvakond said:
*Facepalm*

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Feb 4, 2012 12:26 AM

Jul 2010
yea i kinda agree with som of you, it would have been a nice shock to see that he was alive in the NEXT episode.
so i guess arthur "avenged" his dad, but forget about the fact that he has more lives than that.

Mar 4, 2013 1:11 PM
Oct 2011
I thought this was the best episode yet. There was zombies, a orc, and the demon king dying. What a great episode imo. I liked the scene with Arthur and the demon king fighting.
Jan 24, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
Well Arthur sure had reason to kill him...instead of calling Arthur the idiot, Riannon deserves that title. Again she's show an inability to think for himself, now has fallen in love with her dad's killer, and would rather have Arthur kill her than let Arawn die. She continues to defy all reason and logic.

But now do we not only have a continuity issue, but why the heck would arawn kill their father.

And if Arawn does die then there goes the only interesting character.
Jul 5, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2008
WolfWood37 said:
Well Arthur sure had reason to kill him...instead of calling Arthur the idiot, Riannon deserves that title. Again she's show an inability to think for himself, now has fallen in love with her dad's killer, and would rather have Arthur kill her than let Arawn die. She continues to defy all reason and logic.
But now do we not only have a continuity issue, but why the heck would arawn kill their father

what part of Arawn's been sleep for 1000years dont u retards get how the hell could he be the killer :/ plus the voice was different wth is wrong with u ppl

Once again we have another idiot that wasnt payin attention to the anime, How bout u pay more attention to the story b4 u bash someone thats tryin to defend someone thats perfectly innocent ( callling it the inability to think for herself ). I lawl at the ppl that say what arthur did is understandable so ya basically u saying its understandable that u would want to kill ur own sister just to get revenge ya ok gg there buddy
TakalaJul 5, 2014 11:22 PM
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Sep 30, 2014 12:26 AM

Jan 2011
They left out a couple of sequences from the game which made it clear that Arthur's father was killed by a white angel and that he had sworn revenge and hated the white angels. His reaction to the mural in Arawn's tomb was part of that foreshadowing. As to jumping to conclusions, some folks are as quick to do so as Arthur (and there is a good reason why Arthur is not going to be the one leading the tribe--he's just too hotheaded). There is no doubt that a white angel killed his father, but why would he make sure to leave Arthur alive and tell him very plainly "Hey, I'm Arawn. Remember me, and the next time you see me take revenge for your father!" Ogam, Arawn, and the elves aren't the only ones who can interpret prophecies or take action based on them. Why didn't Arawn fight? Well aside from being pretty weak from the cleansing, he also has been feeling overwhelming guilt this whole time for some things from his past that have yet to be revealed. With Arthur absent, and Arawn on death's door, who will step up to lead the fight against Gaius? Watch next episode to find out.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 10, 2017 10:15 AM
Nov 2012
The dumb idiot is back and what the hell was everybody doing just standing there watching the retard mumble and attack their boss. Kid stab his chief then yell stupidly (again).

This show is alright so far but whenever Arthur speaks or do anything it's generally very stupid and very obnoxious to watch. I almost have to stop watching every time he does dumb shits like that, which happens way too often. Thank god he's just a side character and our MC has a good head on his shoulders. Though everyone still seems to be suffering from the "poor communication" syndrome that plagues many anime. They just can't seem to say what needs to be said until it's too late or the plot demands it.

If no one else, why was Ogam just standing there doing nothing? Other people there might have been mindless monkeys but the show has established that Ogam is a wise sage who know a lot of things, is calm, and knows what to do in each situation.
KonichiwaKunOct 10, 2017 10:34 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 14 Discussion

lovelylemonade - Jul 5, 2009

28 by BiggKab »»
Dec 18, 2020 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.