Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2009 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
fuck my life
Jul 10, 2009 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
I have to addmit, I gave a 1/5, disliked the mother fucking episode, raged on the net, almost punch my dog and I won't drop it. And I could care shit about 20 Endless Eight episodes; I won't drop it, Im sure that The Dissapearance will make wet my pants and will reedem the EE ones, call me fanboy, call me whatever you want, go and slit your throat, this is Haruhi Mother fuckers.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 10, 2009 12:58 AM

Feb 2008
So we now got 4 episodes that are exactly the same... great -.-
Just hope Endless Eight doesn't do justice to it's name.
Jul 10, 2009 1:06 AM

Sep 2007
Tamakin : Poor dog... :(
Jul 10, 2009 1:08 AM

Aug 2008
Vectorshot said:
fuck my life

Jul 10, 2009 1:11 AM

Oct 2008
Fuck this shit
this fucking gay ass shit with a dirty aids ridden dildo up haruhi's stinky, dumb, cunt faggot ass
Jul 10, 2009 1:12 AM

Apr 2009
Endless one more time?..
Die..
Jul 10, 2009 1:12 AM

Oct 2008
Kyon-kun~ she wants it in her ass
next ep be sure to rape her bro
it will be pro shit bro
Jul 10, 2009 1:17 AM

Dec 2007
yodlormak said:
HybridKira said:
Maybe its just me but but I enjoy this episode. Why? I don't freakin know but I enjoy it...and I'm not an Haruhi fangirl!

But this episodes, we all know now that everyting can happen with haruhi!
They did so many times unordinary things that we can expect everything...Thats my point of view.
But I don't ming 'cause I still enjoying the serie^^

count me in too. ^^

I mean the series quality is still in a good shape. i think kyoani really remake most of the thing in each episode, not just reused so it's not waste of my time to watch it. (though i feel pity for nagato right now :P)

i dont know perhaps many of u guys get bored easily so u already hated the episodes but i am not that's why i enjoyed it. also i believe in kyoani since they never make me disappointed in their production before.

it good to see that im not the only one that actually enjoy this
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2009 1:18 AM
Apr 2009
KinkyBanana said:
Kyon-kun~ she wants it in her ass
next ep be sure to rape her bro
it will be pro shit bro

Rofl, this.
Jul 10, 2009 1:31 AM

Jan 2008
I...can't put my feelings into words.
This is seriously messed up.
Jul 10, 2009 1:32 AM

May 2008
netripper said:
yodlormak said:
HybridKira said:
Maybe its just me but but I enjoy this episode. Why? I don't freakin know but I enjoy it...and I'm not an Haruhi fangirl!

They did so many times unordinary things that we can expect everything...Thats my point of view.

count me in too. ^^

I mean the series quality is still in a good shape. i think kyoani really remake most of the thing in each episode, not just reused so it's not waste of my time to watch it. (though i feel pity for nagato right now :P)

i dont know perhaps many of u guys get bored easily so u already hated the episodes but i am not that's why i enjoyed it. also i believe in kyoani since they never make me disappointed in their production before.

Yay!! Other true fans of Haruhi do exist!!! I'm not alone anymore!!
Jul 10, 2009 1:36 AM

Sep 2008

Kyon-kun, denwa. Isn't that enough to satisfy people?

On the other hand, which is your favorite?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2009 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
I'll stay with the Haruhi Black Yakata version. Totally overpowered.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 10, 2009 1:43 AM

Apr 2008
thedarkestandy said:
netripper said:
yodlormak said:
HybridKira said:

count me in too. ^^

Yay!! Other true fans of Haruhi do exist!!! I'm not alone anymore!!

It has nothing to do with being a "true" fan. Just because you're pissed off at the notion of 4 episodes airing and each episode maybe having 3-5 minutes of new material in it, people are going to be pissed off at watching essentially the same thing week after week as they wait for something that is actually new to be aired.
Jul 10, 2009 1:53 AM
Feb 2009
Don't worry guys 4 out of 8 repeats done only 4 to go before we end endless 8
Jul 10, 2009 1:57 AM
Apr 2009
And then we have 5 more new episodes left, which means sighs and something pointless.
Jul 10, 2009 2:00 AM

Feb 2008
yodlormak said:
HybridKira said:

count me in too. ^^

You may say that we get bored easily, but wouldn't you say that you are too easily entertained? I wouldn't doubt that you could stomach through another ten episodes of Endless Eight as long as each character's clothes are changed in each episode or if they showed longer scenes of Nagato being just as bored as the rest of us. At the very most, I wouldn't have minded three episodes of this, but this is going too far for a story arc that isn't even all that important to the overall story. And it's not even worth waiting to watch the ending of E8, since the way it ends isn't that great anyway.

For the love of Nagato, don't you people have standards?

Even though I'm pretty annoyed by this, I won't drop the entire series since there are other story arcs that I'm looking forward to, like Disappearance.The anticipation I felt waiting for a new episode each week has diminished, though.

Jul 10, 2009 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
Hahahahaha!

I didn't think they would do it once more. Actually I was sitting on the edge the whole episode because I was sure something would happen.

Anyway, I am not angry at all. This is highly ridiculous and original. I think it's really funny, especially considering all those comments here.

Regarding the episode: New visuals, new clothes, new angles, several differences. Especially the love movie scenes shown, with haruhi & kyon instead of the real actors shown in one scene and the drawn plane, these are strong indicators for the obvious upcoming.

Seeing Nagato's expressions at around 8 min really broke my heart.

I think repeating this once more was so ridiculous that it actually redeems the last episode. But rest assured, if they will do it again next episode I will join the hate crowd. It's still a little bit genius right now but everything has to end at some point. Next one has to be different.

Btw, I don't care that I am pretty much alone with my opinion. ^^
Jul 10, 2009 2:32 AM
Sep 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Haruhi 2nd down
Mikuru 1st & 2nd
Yuki 4th down

but Haruhi 4th down is also very nice..
now were is the pic with the swimming togs, think they were different also
Jul 10, 2009 2:53 AM
Jan 2009
I really hoped it would end. But he got me, he got me good, Again.

but I lol'd.
Jul 10, 2009 2:59 AM

Jun 2008
Get outta here, no way. :D I felt like the turning point was going to happen any moment - it's gotta be this episode when it gets solved right - and then the end credits started rolling.

It's funny though... I still didn't feel one bit bored, uneasy or angry after watching this episode. The episode went by so fast I couldn't believe it after the fourth time. Ah well... I still don't feel this is okay, it's just wrong to do something like this... yet somewhat funny. I dunno, maybe after the next episode I'll be furious instead.
- TAH

"Even those with fortitude have joints."
Jul 10, 2009 3:01 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
lol 3 episodes same.. seems these anime artist getting bored of that anime...
Jul 10, 2009 3:12 AM

May 2009
@ AddleBoy: I myself don't really have seem to have standards. Does that make my life miserable? It would seem not, because it makes my day that much better. If I can't tell the difference between what some call a crummy Haruhi trolling and what others say is a fine piece of Haruhi work, it doesn't bother me at all.

If you pity me for my ignorance, that's great, but I'd have to pity you in return for the pain you must go through. Having no standards in something like anime wherein everything seems fine and interesting to you is a very blissful world. ^^~

Jul 10, 2009 3:15 AM

Sep 2008
Forever said:
Hahahahaha!

I didn't think they would do it once more. Actually I was sitting on the edge the whole episode because I was sure something would happen.

Anyway, I am not angry at all. This is highly ridiculous and original. I think it's really funny, especially considering all those comments here.

Regarding the episode: New visuals, new clothes, new angles, several differences. Especially the love movie scenes shown, with haruhi & kyon instead of the real actors shown in one scene and the drawn plane, these are strong indicators for the obvious upcoming.

Seeing Nagato's expressions at around 8 min really broke my heart.

I see haruhi like you! Did you ever see an anime who did that? A studio who have the guts to make something original like this? That is why I still enjoy it!

But if they do endless eight for an other month maybe i'll get bored.
Good Job !
Jul 10, 2009 3:17 AM

Jul 2009
Most unfortunately for me...I havealready read the novel version, which means I should already know what it is that is going to happen, which in turn makes me bored with the episode...
However, I continue to watch since everything else the artwork, scene execution and characters are still beyond great.
I just hope that there is a twist at the end of this endless eight that I didn't get from the novel...I guess it could happen since Kyon's summer repeated more than it did in the novel.
All in all...I guess I am still looking forward to the next episode~

Jul 10, 2009 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Yuki:The 2nd(top)
Haruhi: 2nd(top) and 4th
Mikuru looks good in every pink yukata,LOL.

On Topic:I think the studio is fucking with us.If they wanted to show us how boring is everything for Yuki they should have directed every episode in a different way,with slightly different lines.Just because Yuki is bored it doesn't mean we should also be bored.Just what the crap does Haruhi want?A kiss form Kyon?A marriage proposal?Something more M that can't be mentioned on the forum?If I discover that I've watched the same thing 3 times just for something so idiotic I'll get really angry on them.
Jul 10, 2009 3:32 AM

Jul 2009
What the... Once again? Wow... I loved the chibi series of Haruhi, and though the second real season were going to be better. KyoAni really did a awesome job on that series. But I guessed I was wrong about this season...

Sure, it's fun to watch an alternative version of the same episode, but it gets old pretty soon! Ecspecially when it's done 4 times, and there's still more to go. Even the name "Endless Eight" even gives us a hint of how many times this will be done.

If for example The Simpsons did this, a lot of people would have stopped watching it for a while and switched over to Family Guy. I have no idea what the TV ratings are on this Haruhi season, but I guess they're on their way down right now. Watching Valkyria or something...

I REALLY hope they put the alternate episodes of Endless Eight as bonus material, and gives us 3 real episodes instead! I'm not paying 4800 yen (Around 50$) each DVD, for the same episode! Mattaku...

The only real excitement about these episodes, is that we never know when Kyon will settle this. It gives us a strong anger, yelling "Kyon, just tell her to do something! Anything!" at the end, when Haruhi leaves. But leaves us pissed, when he don't actually do anything, even if he has 2 whole days left to think of anything! Instead, they're watching stars...
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Jul 10, 2009 3:38 AM
Apr 2009
How is it original to make the same episode with only different camera angles and clothes? That's not creative at all.
Jul 10, 2009 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
So I just watched the same episode again with a slightly different variation, and I am definitely not happy about it.

How am I suppose to like this series when all they do is repeat things over and over again?

Seriously, do they expect me to look forward to what everyone is wearing next week when they repeat this episode?

As if a different outfit every week while airing the same repetitive thing is going to win fans over -_-

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate...
Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope."
-Nyx Avatar
Jul 10, 2009 3:41 AM

Dec 2008
I was wondering what symbolism the flying plane had. It was there when the couple in the movie kissed; it was there in the background of haruhi standing atop something; it was there in the end and whenever Kyon thought of something - the flashes. Hmh.
Mine is better than yours.
Jul 10, 2009 3:48 AM

Sep 2007
WOW! I'm a big Haruhi fan (more of a Tsuruya worshiper, but that's not the point atm) and... the 3rd Endless Eight was pretty annoying but I thought they want us to feel the repetition... now i'ts getting a little bit too much even for me... I mean, it is fun... a bit... I'm just slowly starting to lose my patience I think... still, not sure how are they going to put it on DVD's with a straight face XD

Jul 10, 2009 3:55 AM

Sep 2008
Nice Plane !
Jul 10, 2009 3:58 AM

Sep 2008
Oh God.
That sucked.
Jul 10, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2009
This could have been done in 3 episodes. 1: the first event. 2: a repeat for effectiveness. 3: solution. But no, it's going to be 5 episodes now, with who knows how many more! -_-
Jul 10, 2009 4:24 AM

Jul 2008
So screaming at my laptop screen has occurred. This show is terrible, it really is. I'm already proclaiming this season as a disappointment, probably the worst anime I have seen, which sucks since I had huge hopes for this and was so happy when this series started.

Episode Discussion: They went to the damn pool, Kyon experienced some fucking feelings of deja vu, I experienced feelings of deja vu, and Kyon stood there in the end like a fi-fi boy just watching Haruhi leave the restaurant.
Jul 10, 2009 4:26 AM

Mar 2009
Really disappointing.

Not dropping the series yet, but definitely will if this absurd carries for a couple more episodes.

I can suggest everyone should lower their score by point for each redundant EE episode.
Jul 10, 2009 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
Got my fucking hopes up that I thought this was gonna end this episode.
Wasted my time.
Jul 10, 2009 4:32 AM

Aug 2008
D-GreatRuler said:
I was wondering what symbolism the flying plane had. It was there when the couple in the movie kissed; it was there in the background of haruhi standing atop something; it was there in the end and whenever Kyon thought of something - the flashes. Hmh.

They didn't kiss, she was whispering in his ear. And haruhi did the same in a flashback of his.

Jul 10, 2009 4:34 AM
Jun 2008
nice plane

and i got so mad at this episode not again
Jul 10, 2009 4:40 AM

Dec 2008
Nice plane sketch.

KyoAni/Kadokawa is successful yet again; just when people were getting their hopes up that it would be soon over, they get trolled again.
Will enjoy reading this topic and the future posts.

11/10 for successful troll.

Don't really care about the ep in itself, I wasn't expecting better, and I didn't waste my time since I just skimmed through it; complaining about it would be stupid. I'll be enjoying other things while waiting for EE to end; until then, hope to have more fun reading the future episodes' topics.
HakoriaJul 10, 2009 4:55 AM
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 10, 2009 4:43 AM

Mar 2009
I can't stand this bullshit anymore.
Jul 10, 2009 4:44 AM

Aug 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
So screaming at my laptop screen has occurred. This show is terrible, it really is. I'm already proclaiming this season as a disappointment, probably the worst anime I have seen, which sucks since I had huge hopes for this and was so happy when this series started.

Episode Discussion: They went to the damn pool, Kyon experienced some fucking feelings of deja vu, I experienced feelings of deja vu, and Kyon stood there in the end like a fi-fi boy just watching Haruhi leave the restaurant.

...fi-fi boy?
Jul 10, 2009 4:47 AM

Feb 2009
well kadokawa...FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU FOR REPEATING THE SAME THING 4 TIMES! FUCK YOU FOR BEING LAZY ENOUGH TO REPEAT THE SAME THING 4 TIMES! FUCK YOU FOR WASTING 4 WEEKS OF MY TIME! FUCK YOU FOR EVERRYTHING!
neariverJul 10, 2009 4:52 AM
Jul 10, 2009 4:47 AM

Dec 2008
Hahahaha ^^
This is funny! Everyone is pissed off and I'm really excited about what's going to happen..

The plane and the flashbacks Kyon had before the ending are very suspicious -.-
Jul 10, 2009 4:54 AM

Mar 2009
Lol, people keep whining, but average rating for the show is still over 8.4.
Jul 10, 2009 4:56 AM

Apr 2009
D-GreatRuler said:

I saw it on Mikuru's t-shirt too.
It's starts to get boring with all the repeating :( But poor Yuki.. she has gone throguh it "IRL" so many times :o
Jul 10, 2009 4:56 AM

Dec 2008
^They don't want to give up their faith.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 10, 2009 5:02 AM

Dec 2008
cant believe it... over and over again and Kyon didnt stop Haruhi
damn! at least he should remember even its a deja vu he should do something about it...
Jul 10, 2009 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
Greorgy said:
yakyuu-addict said:

...fi-fi boy?
Look it up in urbandictionary. It's like the current culture pretty much anywhere in which we attempt to demean and put down someone, if you know what I mean.

But yeah, this episode sucked. There were a few moments that made me think that it was going to be different, but I was eventually disappointed.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.