Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2009 1:59 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Game ending balk, how lame.
Jul 9, 2009 4:23 PM

Nov 2007
I think that sets up for his development later on in the story. If he's already awesome now like his little brother, then there's nothing left for the story.
Dec 26, 2009 4:31 PM

Jun 2009
I could care less about the baseball aspect, what has me intrigued now is the development between Tatsuya and Minami.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 9, 2010 9:53 AM

Jul 2009
Tatsuya owned some serious shit up on the mound.
Apr 19, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2009
Maybe it's because I've recently finished watching quite possibly the best baseball anime of all time (Major) but the baseball aspect is really lacking so far. That starting pitcher's form was a complete joke and it's almost hilarious how he managed to hold the other team to less than 5 runs - 9 year old Goro could easily shut them out.
Oct 10, 2014 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
*Can run 10Km and yet can't throw a ball.
*Has a identical twin brother and yet he only gets 1 pity vote ,since middle school girls apparently judge boys by their personality not by their looks.

Yup now i know for sure that the level of Adachi kindergarten writing and fairy tale worlds is especially strong in this title.
Thank God this style of writing didn't catch on with other authors...
Mar 17, 2015 8:15 PM

Aug 2014
That was really sad how at the end he said "someone with bad taste". I really feel bad for the guy.
Jun 10, 2015 8:19 PM

Jul 2008
berserker15 said:
That was really sad how at the end he said "someone with bad taste". I really feel bad for the guy.

Minami is an absolute bitch and treats Tatsuya like crap. This anime is already pissing me off 3 episodes in.
Aug 19, 2015 2:35 AM
Nov 2014
Embarrassing performance from Tatsuya lmao. But it's cute how Tacchan voted for Minami at the end :3 she does the same also <3 Intrigued to see more of this show :D
Jul 12, 2016 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
Not even one pitch.
Great episode though, Tatsuya obviously has more potential than Kazuya.
I can see where the source of future drama will come from.

WolfWood37 said:
berserker15 said:

Minami is an absolute bitch and treats Tatsuya like crap. This anime is already pissing me off 3 episodes in.

I don't know how you can misread it by so much.
Oct 1, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
Hmm well Tatsuya can run 10km but can't throw a ball? how is he in bad shape if he can run that much, also even if is in bad shape there are really people that gets back problems at that age and I suppose he stretch too. Anyways, seems like now will be more focused on the slice of life, romance aspect of it. Maybe Minami voted for Tatsuya because she really wanted to, like what she said in the previous episode. Except for the "bad shape" part good episode.
Oct 10, 2018 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
So the coach knew that it was Tacchan, and not Kacchan; what they did wasn't so wrong after all I guess, at least the coach shared the responsibility. But well, they were winning the game, but their relief pitcher was at his limits, and Tacchan thought that he could handle it, so he tried to pitch, and it costed them the game. And the reason Minami is so harsh with him is because she wants to see him trying harder because she cares. She still sounds a bit mean, but it's not her intention.

And there's Kaori, a gymnast, who seems to like Kacchan enough to stalk his house in order to run with him in the morning, and who is as cute as Minami, according to the popular vote. She seems like a interesting character, and I guess that she can shake up the triangle, it would be nice. Oh, and I just love the background art during their memories, being draw and painted like that, it's just so nice and cute.

Oh, and Tacchan decided to try harder to be in shape in order to go on a date with Sachiko I guess.
Apr 8, 2019 2:04 PM

Nov 2016
It's kinda ridiculous how strong the contrast between the twins is portrayed, but at the same time it makes this series so interesting to watch.

And man, it's sad how Tatsuya is degrading himself.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
Well kind of expected, the guy who has never trained, Tatsuya not suddenly being able to play like a pro but bit irritating to see Minami treat him like crap even though she is also partially to blame for Kazuya's injury.

Jul 17, 2021 11:49 PM

Jan 2018
I liked the segment about the popularity contest. But it's kinda BS that Tatsuya got only 1 vote whereas the guy in no. 9 got like 65, that's a huge difference.
Ig Tatsuya could run 10km because he was accompanied by a cute girl.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Episode 18 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 5, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 13 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 4, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 13, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 8 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 2, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 5 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 1, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 39 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 15, 2009

7 by doctorGero »»
Mar 15, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.