Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2009 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
In only a small number of pages, Yoshitoshi ABe offers a tremendous work here, in which the themes in Lain are explored along this independent storyline. His artwork was, as always, brilliant. It was great overall, being able to see another side of Lain, my only concern here was that the storyline seemed to tackle a little too much in too short a time. It would have been nice if this work had been stretched out a little further given the questions it was exploring.
olmecalmightyJun 21, 2009 11:15 PM
Oct 21, 2009 9:11 PM
Nov 2008
For it's length, was excellent. Lovely work with the color.

Sep 11, 2010 3:14 PM
Sep 2010
Amazingly good for the length of the story.
Nov 25, 2010 12:26 PM

Sep 2009
I didn't enjoy it.
The issues it was tackling dragged on to long in the pages.
It didn't have a good pace.

It felt like it should have either added a few more pages, or tightened up the message. Felt was to condensed.
Feb 10, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2011
I liked it.
講廢話,被撞到.
Aug 3, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
This was a great oneshot
Dec 30, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
Time to watch the anime now I suppose.
Jan 22, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
bit scary
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 25, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
Solipsism! :D

Aug 21, 2016 11:21 PM

Jan 2016
oh look at the time it is existential/philosophical crisis o'clock
I liked it, only wish there were more manga of SEL
OutsiderRatSep 12, 2020 3:57 PM
Aug 22, 2016 6:05 PM

Nov 2012
Wowowowow....

It was so good.. so much psychofuck....
I hope we will get more of Yoshitoshi ABe's works.
Apr 22, 2017 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
Still don't see what was so amazing about this. (same with the anime)
Feb 25, 2018 7:33 PM

Aug 2016
Mehhh, nothing special
:v
Sep 5, 2018 2:13 AM

Nov 2017
Themes about what exists and what doesn't, pretty cool in my opinion.
Dec 5, 2018 9:05 AM
Dec 2017
Lain is always into themes about the "existence" of things. The virtual world (Wired) is always intertwined with reality, the physical world. Gods, Mythology, and etc. Have always been in the virtual world since humans became religious. Eiri is only playing with the virtual world created by his team, I think.

OutsiderRat said:
oh look at the time it is existential/philosophical crisis o'clock
I liked it, only wish there were more mangas of SEL

This :/
May 30, 2019 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
Zerxeez_ said:
KashKetchum said:

Imagine getting butthurt over someone for simply not liking your favorite series...hopefully when you a grow a few brain cells you will realize that not everyone is going to enjoy what you like, retard.

Irony at it's finest, calling other people retards while not being able to take a simple joke. It really amazes me how a talented man and a whole studio crew pour their heart into a brilliant, prophetic concept that has never been done before in Anime, with some of the best characters, and one of the most amazing plots and soundtracks, only for some dud to come and rate it a 1, calling it "Pretentious nonsense" just because he can't be bothered to use his brain. A shame.

Ok this is hands down the most saddest thing I have ever read on this site, like do you know how pathetic you sound right now? You act as if you lose sleep at night knowing there's people out there that don't like your precious series 😂😂😂
Wow, you really can't have a different opinion nowdays without being attacked, huh?

I honestly don't know how you could type of all of this and not cringe once? The superiority complex that you're displaying simply over me not liking something that you like...and for what? Anime of all things? Like really?

But it's ok, I understand. You have nothing going on in your life, no job, been bullied all of your life, probably still live at home with your parents, and the only comfort you get in your sad existence is watching anime, so when someone "hates" on a show that you adore, you feel like it's personal attack to you...but relax, just take a deep breath, having the best taste doesn't make you better than everybody else, and vice versa ok?😉

It really amazes me how a talented man and a whole studio crew pour their heart into a brilliant, prophetic concept that has never been done before in Anime, with some of the best characters, and one of the most amazing plots and soundtracks, only for some dud to come and rate it a 1, calling it "Pretentious nonsense"

lol at this part, and you wanna talk about irony?
I can imagine you typing this, with your fedora and mococle and all, while looking back at your Chiaki J. Konaka poster, thinking to yourself "Here, that will show this scoundrel the error of his ways!"...fucking loser 🤣🤣🤣

And I'm supposed to care because? People talk shit about of my fav directors, writers etc...all of the time, you don't see me throwing a bitch-fit at everybody.

And the only reason I called the other guy a retard was because I had ENOUGH dealing with people who can't seem to comprehend the simple notion : that different people enjoy different things !!! (SOUNDS FAMILIAR RIGHT?) So I didn't perceive the joke. I'll admit though that I went a bit too far, so my bad on that part.
KashKetchumMay 31, 2019 2:26 AM
Dec 18, 2019 10:17 AM
May 2019
Despite only being a few pages, I'm amused by how much I enjoyed it.
Apr 16, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2020
Really great stuff!
I'm surprised that this is more in tune with the ps1 game than the anime. What's even funnier to me is that I somehow understand this more than the thing it's adapting.
Jun 30, 2021 12:28 PM
Dec 2017
yaeh its a really trippy expierence and i liked it quite a bit.

Aug 4, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2020
Jan 26, 6:16 AM

Sep 2015
I feared for her family lol.
can dis sig fit
Feb 6, 4:53 AM
Oct 2023
pretty good given the length of the story

More topics from this board

» This manga is based on the game, not the anime!

buyukkucuk - Feb 17, 2018

6 by Nevelin »»
Aug 8, 2021 5:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.