Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2007 3:17 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow!!! How unexpected! Just wow.
Dec 12, 2007 4:02 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Wow indeed. I can't understand how a person like Hoshino could do that. o_O

And what about this:

It looks like Nanaka is on the train with Sana, but didn't he leave alone? Or is that just a random person?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 12, 2007 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
Nice episode.
And I think that person may be his mom?
I don't really know, but that is just a guess.
Dec 12, 2007 5:19 PM
Cool Story Bro

Dec 2007
Ehh, didn't like this episode much at all. Ending "kinda" made up for it a bit. And yea, probably some random person cuz Sana did leave by himself.
Dec 12, 2007 5:44 PM

Oct 2007
never thought that she is such a terrible person..., yeah yeah true heart of a woman is very cruel :)
Dec 12, 2007 6:05 PM

Dec 2007
I honestly didn't see that coming from a mile off. Never once did I assume that Hoshino was capable of performing any sort of malicious treachery such as we saw in that episode.

That episode flew by, was over before I knew it.
NyanpierDec 12, 2007 6:14 PM
Dec 12, 2007 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
radiantfire said:

I have the same reaction. That whole episode was just particularly moving.

Never would have expected this from episode one. This series is definitely gaining points.

So the only one left without a huge past is Aoi?
Dec 12, 2007 7:00 PM

Apr 2007
That was really unexpected. They made it seem like it was the step mom sent the letter when it was really Asami. I knew there was something I didn't like about her.
Dec 12, 2007 7:09 PM

Oct 2007
Heh I'm glad I've never liked her. I'm not surprised at all, she always had that 'Sekai' aura around her.

Dec 12, 2007 7:23 PM
Oct 2007
Wow...
Yuri +1

I can definitely see some twincest too, though when Shuu and sana were out in the court yard I was totally expecting them to hear a scream or something and come running back into the room and find that someone had busted someone else's oil pipeline.
Dec 12, 2007 8:14 PM

Aug 2007
The yuri already made the episode top notch! Its always the nice ones that are actually pure evil!

Anybody else felt that the whole Asami thing was rushed? I never saw any hints as to any bad blood between Asami and Shuri. If the hints were on the facial expressions, I blame the subpar animation...

The events that happened were very predictable...other than the whole Asami thing. That was a nice curveball that they threw, but at least hint at it instead of forcing character development on an ignored character for the past 10 episodes.

The only real thing Asami was good for was making Nanaka all jealous...Her role as a "main" character was never fleshed out, hell Hanako (loli) got more development than her. Ah whatever...

I enjoy a sudden plot twist, but at least show some development as to why said twist occurred. Mind you not in the same episode, but little hints being shown as the series progresses...

Edit:
After watching the previews...
Nanaka decides to take a nice dip in the sea by jumping off a cliff...expected nothing less from the main heroine of the story!
PimpToadDec 12, 2007 8:17 PM
Dec 12, 2007 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, just wow. This is probably, at lest in my opinion, the single greatest episode of anime that I've seen this season, and it isn't even the series finale! It gave me that feeling in the pit of my stomach like well I can't really explain it, but what I do know is that I haven't felt like this since I saw the end of Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien), or Spiral. But I digress, was a bit thrown off by the lesbian thing, didn't expect that. And the fact that Hishino is pretty much turning into the Kotonoha of Myself; Yourself. Still, loved the ep and love the series, only two more to go and we already have rapped three characters up and finished their story. It's sad but true. Maybe next week we finally ge to see what the hell is up with Sana's watch. By the way, the ending to the ep gets my vote for best, non finale, ending to an ep this year. Can't wait for next week.

Dec 12, 2007 8:18 PM

Aug 2007
ooo wow. she was a crazy b*** after all.. lesbians..
Dec 12, 2007 8:23 PM

Aug 2007
No offense man...but if this is the 'single greatest episode of anime' that you have seen this season...your standards are way too low...

Shallow storyline, forced character development, no character development, cliched plotline that has been done before and done better by other serieses...

11 episodes into the game and we still know nothing about Sana's phobia of bloodied knives. Also know nothing of his wristwatch or as to why his mother frequently calls him. Another so called main character (Aoi) is shafted as a moe~ blob and Asami suddenly went bad girl...

This series had a lot of potential, but ruined itself due to bad storytelling. Just my opinions now:-)
Dec 12, 2007 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
Well if anything, this was the most "WTF I didn't see that coming at all" episode of the season for me so far...but still, I was expecting much more out of this series.

Two more episodes.
Dec 12, 2007 9:51 PM

Jun 2007
KiraHawk said:
I honestly didn't see that coming from a mile off. Never once did I assume that Hoshino was capable of performing any sort of malicious treachery such as we saw in that episode.

That episode flew by, was over before I knew it.

ya I was wondering what they would use her for but I had no idea she would turn out to be in love with Shuri. That was a super twist they added. That made this series 5x better in my books.

@PimpToad - why would you want them to hint at everything that's supposed to happen? That would make the show stupid as hell and very predictable. After watching this I had that Death Note type curve ball feeling that made me wanting more. If they had hinted that she was in love with Shuri and had some bad blood, that would have totally messed up their attempt at a curve ball not to mention our suspense for what Sana's past will be. We would have all be expecting something between the two "OMG OMG WHEN IS Hoshino gonna kill Shuri or her brother!?!? SCHOOL DAYS?!!??!". So I for one am happy with what they did and the outcome. It didn't seem rushed at all. It seemed planned out very well.
Dec 12, 2007 10:17 PM

Nov 2007
I've been guilty of shouting twincest for a while now, but I think I will follow this blogger's example:

http://hontouni.com/taihendesu/?p=587

I’d like to say that Shuu/Shuri have a wonderful relationship that RL siblings should learn to emulate. Call them siscon/brocon, anything but the degradatory incest/twincest and credit them with the respect they deserve. Here is a sacrificial love worthy of song and praise.

Shuu and Shuri do represent a quality family relationship that has rather faded away in recent generations.
Dec 12, 2007 10:55 PM

Jan 2007
great episode. Hoshino being the culprit was an awesome twist, and even further was in love with Shuri. Yuri ftw~

Everything else was pretty predictable but nicely done.
Dec 12, 2007 11:07 PM

Sep 2007
I don't think Hoshino is the main focus in this episode lol, everyone is too curious about the yuri stuff. For me, Shuu and Sana part in the end is superbly done =)
Dec 12, 2007 11:07 PM

Sep 2007
Well. Did not see any of that coming. Except, obviously, the twins' leaving.

They've got a lot to wrap up in two episodes, don't they.
Dec 12, 2007 11:13 PM

Aug 2007
Who is gonna get stabbed next? nah jk jk..
Dec 13, 2007 1:30 AM

Oct 2007
What a wonderful and unexpected episode....

Hoshino-san is on my hate list now.... She really is one messed up person....
Take that Hoshino-fans!!!

Cant wait to see what happens next, I hope for some sort of reunion, but there are only two episodes left... Its an empty hope...
Dec 13, 2007 1:31 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad Hoshino got stabbed in the head. Her heart is as black as her blood!
Dec 13, 2007 1:58 AM

Oct 2007
bluethree said:

She did not get stabbed in the head, she is alive for gods sake!!!
She hit her head when she fell down, that is why they bandaged if, for her concussion...
Although she said she did not need it!
Dec 13, 2007 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

She hit her head when she fell down, that is why they bandaged if, for her concussion...

Well then I wish she would have been stabbed in the head.
Dec 13, 2007 2:40 AM

Oct 2007
bluethree said:
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

I dont agree to that, although i hate her also....
Dec 13, 2007 2:42 AM

Sep 2007
bluethree said:
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

Lol why you hate her so much =D You can't hate yuri
/think Strawberry Panic

Dec 13, 2007 2:51 AM

Oct 2007
sHsIkuA said:
bluethree said:
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

Lol why you hate her so much =D You can't hate yuri
/think Strawberry Panic

First off, i have not seen Strawberry Panic yet...
Secondly, its not yuri if nothing happened, she asked and got rejected, so she goes and fucks up her entire life, THAT is why they were forced to run away!!!

She's a bitch... she looked like she was enjoying saying those things to Sana how she planned to mess up thier lives! I was hoping Sana would slap her at least!!!
Dec 13, 2007 2:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Funny how lots of you see the violence as the first option. This anime is for you. xxD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 13, 2007 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Funny how lots of you see the violence as the first option. This anime is for you. xxD

Not really, a slap is enough for her :P
She is just messed up in the head...
Dec 13, 2007 3:13 AM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
No offense man...but if this is the 'single greatest episode of anime' that you have seen this season...your standards are way too low...

Shallow storyline, forced character development, no character development, cliched plotline that has been done before and done better by other serieses...

11 episodes into the game and we still know nothing about Sana's phobia of bloodied knives. Also know nothing of his wristwatch or as to why his mother frequently calls him. Another so called main character (Aoi) is shafted as a moe~ blob and Asami suddenly went bad girl...

This series had a lot of potential, but ruined itself due to bad storytelling. Just my opinions now:-)

Dude seriously... u r way too lol.U rate an anime like School days with 10 and u tell to that guy thats his standars are way to low??? u have to reconsider some things here -.-

AAAAAAAAAAAAA.Definately the best ep of this anime until now( cant say the whole fall season cause i love koro ni kai and Clannad also even thought it was by FAR the most suprising one) and cant w8 for the next.HOshino lesbian and twins left...Yuri cried fir 1st time...Unbeliavable.. The thing is that it was like a bomb... The moment Sana opens the door the confesion starts from the 3rd min of the ep.I was soooo sure that it was their step mother... Well anyways i didnt watched preview of next ep but i guess it either nanakas or Sana turn to explode :)Any1 noticed the backround music at train?? OMFG it was awesome i think i have listened it before but cant remeber the ep or the moment -.-

What regards the series I just marked it with 10/10 really good storyline and plot kept me each ep in agony or laugh.The only ep that annoyed me a bit was when they indroduced the loli(guess who ;p).I can say that i didnt expected to be this good but definately is a MUST of this season.
CloudyDec 13, 2007 3:17 AM
Dec 13, 2007 3:59 AM

May 2007
...so innocent girls can have a messed up head after all. @_@

Still, I give credit for Hoshino in saving Shuri from the grandma attack.
Dec 13, 2007 4:42 AM

Oct 2007
Wow. Great episode ^.^ Very unsuspecting [mostly]. Kyaa~ Got to wait for more now T_T
Dec 13, 2007 4:56 AM

Nov 2007
wow, just wow LOL. very shocking ep 8D
Dec 13, 2007 5:44 AM

Nov 2007
cyruz said:

Obviously we have to recommend School Days to everyone watching this series once they finish...
Dec 13, 2007 5:48 AM

Jul 2007
lol... ofc not...
U cant compare School Days with Myslef&yourself... School days is total meaningless and has no feelings or something... Its a waste of time imo Especially if u watched m&y 1st
Dec 13, 2007 6:31 AM

Sep 2007
Cloud1234 said:
lol... ofc not...
U cant compare School Days with Myslef&yourself... School days is total meaningless and has no feelings or something... Its a waste of time imo Especially if u watched m&y 1st

QFT. =D
I can't rate SD more than 5.
Although it gain some point in the beginning and also the ending, thats all.

Dec 13, 2007 7:02 AM

Oct 2007
Crisu said:
cyruz said:

Obviously we have to recommend School Days to everyone watching this series once they finish...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I saw school days less than a weak ok...
lovely, LOL
Dec 13, 2007 7:48 AM

Oct 2007
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what an evil person she is sending that letter, so didn't expect it from her!

so sad the twins left...such a good episode, look forward to the next one :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2007 8:13 AM

Oct 2007
Well there was a surprise... I seriously didn't see that coming because I thought the title "Confession" had something to do with Sana. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2007 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
Wow what an unexpected turn of events, I never would have thought Hoshino was the one to blame for the false letter. And I guess the Sana X Hoshino couple was never even a possibility lol
Dec 13, 2007 10:14 AM

Jul 2005
I think this episode was really boring, at least the first part was. I don't like the idea when suddenly the cute and kind is the bad person and blah blah, so made up...

The ending was pretty sad, I really wanted the 5 of them to be together so I hope the twins will come back.

Next episode seems kinda interesting, I hope nothing too bad happens to Nanaka.
Dec 13, 2007 11:17 AM

Aug 2007
Just wondering if anybody noticed in the opening theme where Shuri and Shuu were sitting near the clock and then you see someone with tears. I just noticed that it was Hoshino. Crazy, so if we payed attention to that part of the opening then we could have seen it coming.
Dec 13, 2007 12:36 PM

Aug 2007
Cloud1234 said:
PimpToad said:

Dude seriously... u r way too lol.U rate an anime like School days with 10 and u tell to that guy thats his standars are way to low??? u have to reconsider some things here -.-

An anime like School Days is either a hit or miss, either you like it or you don't. In terms of unexpected events, School Days definitely outclasses Myself;Yourself.

You have a supposed main character with no character development whatsoever become a villain, unexpected but forced. At least the main characters in School Days were properly developed and their actions were from the development of several episodes. This whole "best episode" of Myself;Yourself occurred in one episode with no development whatsoever.

You have a generic romance anime and a radical romance anime concept. Just because you prefer generic romance doesn't mean that School Days is bad...At least Makoto listened to his brain unlike most generic male leads like Sana, well the brain down there anyway xD

I'm not belittling Myself;Yourself, I somewhat agree that this is the best episode so far for the series. My only gripe is that everything felt forced and the bombshell they dropped had no development whatsoever. What makes things worse is that they used a supposed main character who had virtually no character development to act as the villain of the story. Asami's other uses were for making Nanaka jealous...she is getting shafted way worse than Nayuki of Kanon...

Instead of a steady progression in the storyline and character development, we get thrown into an episode where things occur with no basis whatsoever. Sure its entertaining and we certainly didn't expect it, but why did I have to watch 10 episodes if it took them only 1 to basically tell an entire story arc?

Now we have two episodes left and many things are left unexplained. They could have probably explained a lot of things over the course of 11 episodes, but the great writers of Myself;Yourself decided to just throw everything into one episode. Maybe they wanted the audience to go "WOW!!!" over the sudden turn of events...

Hey look it's happening right now...

Dec 13, 2007 1:12 PM

Nov 2007
I don't care =D

Episode was epic. I went "whaaaaaaaaa...aaat" during various parts of the episode. I also found the last scene touching, and at the same time it answered what Shuu said to Sana at the beginning.

I was really entertained during the whole episode, and it seems more will come.
Dec 13, 2007 1:45 PM

Nov 2007
radiantfire said:

That was my reaction too :)
Dec 13, 2007 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
I think they throw darts at a Board O' Plot to decide what's going to happen. It makes things unexpected, but it also makes them pretty meaningless and forced. I doubt when that letter appeared at the school, the writers of the show had even decided who had written it. A lot of stuff in this series feels like that, things pop up suddenly and vanish quickly. A lot of stuff hinted at early on has never developed.

It's way too late to have much hope for this series, but at least it's almost over.
Dec 13, 2007 2:07 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm. The Asami confession part was (too) out of nowhere, felt a little forced. But the ending with Shuu/Sana was very touching. I was curious what Shuu had said when they showed the flashback however long ago it was.
Dec 13, 2007 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
this was an emotional rollercoaster(sorry for the cliche) but damn that episode was a bit more than i can handle. sure, it felt forced but damn, you can't deny those pretty shocking turn of events:

1. the title(confession) made me think hoshino will be ocnfessing her love to sana...but nooo she confessed she did all those evil things against the twins! ZOMGWTFBBQ #1
2. hoshino not only didn't confess to sana, but who she really wanted was SHURI! goodness I thought i heard/read wrong(i was thinking she meant shuu) but the flashback says it all. ZOMGWTFBBQ #2!
3. i was expecting them to run away but not out of town! i was only expectign them to like run away a la hinako and crash at sana's place XD but then that would be crappy.
4. the end part(from sana running towards the station til the end where he was screaming the same exact words to shuu) was the best. it ALMOST made me cry(and so far only a few shows have made me really cry) but shivers were running up and down my spine the whole time. yes it was cliche for some, but the execution was just too much for me XD

those are my random takes on that episode, but yeah, it was cool albeit the forced issues. 2 more episodes and we still dont know much about sana! ugh. hopefully this show ends with a bang...and not a forced one mind you.
Dec 13, 2007 2:38 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
corroded said:
4. the end part(from sana running towards the station til the end where he was screaming the same exact words to shuu) was the best. it ALMOST made me cry(and so far only a few shows have made me really cry) but shivers were running up and down my spine the whole time. yes it was cliche for some, but the execution was just too much for me XD

I agree completely. The ending was a wow for me. The music, an excellent touch. It really got to me how they'd never return to the series (likely) and how Shuu must have felt on the train, and Sana as soon as he realized what was happening. Wow.

The curve ball was a twist, but I think it was well done. One thing I don't think some people got was: Hoshino is not supposed to be a villian! They just gave her an ulterior motive, and Sana looks at her says, "This isn't a fake you! It's the real you!" in a nutshell. And I agree with what some else said - Hoshino's development, I think, wasn't for Hoshino at all. It was for Sana, for Shuri, and for Shuu. She was never more than an exterior character stimulating the other characters (ie: Sana and Nanaka). I believe Hinako was used in the same way - as a stimulus for Sana's character.

As for Aoi, I think they're not developing her because it's nice to have one character in the series that doesn't have a horrible past xD . She really just there for humor and normalcy (her parents are the ones semi-looking out for Sana, right?) I don't think she was ever meant to get development.

This may not be the "best series this season!!" but I really have enjoyed this series, a lot. I definitely wouldn't mind re-watching it again. And I love the OP and ED!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deli53 - Nov 21, 2007

93 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.